|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Liz~~
I do enjoy reading about and looking at old photo's like this.
Florida has little inclination to preserve old buildings and
houses, preferring to tear them down~don't get me started!!
Image the storms this house has endured throughout the years.
I'd tour it in a heartbeat, but would definitely wear rubber
boots and carry a snake gripper.
Guess the next question is going to be~~
Does Curlie have a snake gripper?
I love old houses and buildings, they have so much character. It's really sad when you see a house that was at one time a beautiful mansion just abandoned.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Good Morning All

Missy I love looking at pictures of old houses and buildings and wondering what they were like back in the day. That old castle/health spa that I've posted about a few times has lots of pictures on the net from the late 1800's/early 1900's. I could spend hours looking at the. Too bad there's not any interior pic's of my daughters house and the people who have lived there. That would be interesting to see. All I can think of is how cold her house had to have been in the winter. Even with all those fireplaces there would be no way to keep that house warm. I bet most pf the bedrooms weren't even used and the entire family just slept close to where the fireplaces were. The house is creepy enough with lights, it's hard to imagine roaming around that house at night only using a candle to see.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

I like looking at old beach/ boardwalk photo's too.
It would be so cool to have a indoor patio with a bunch of those old framed photo's.
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Liz~~
I do enjoy reading about and looking at old photo's like this.
Florida has little inclination to preserve old buildings and
houses, preferring to tear them down~don't get me started!!
Image the storms this house has endured throughout the years.
I'd tour it in a heartbeat, but would definitely wear rubber
boots and carry a snake gripper.
Guess the next question is going to be~~
Does Curlie have a snake gripper?

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

These 3 are what I'm looimg for in a man.

Is in good enough shape to stand up by himself
7. Usually wears some clothes
8. Likes soft foods
Ricky F wrote:
What Women Want in a Man, Original List (Age 22)
1. Handsome
2. Charming
3. Financially successful
4. A caring listener
5. Witty
6. In good shape
7. Dresses with style
8. Appreciates finer things
9. Full of thoughtful surprises
What Women Want in a Man, Revised List (Age 32)
1. Nice looking (prefer hair on his head)
2. Opens car doors, holds chairs
3. Has enough money for a nice dinner
4. Listens more than talks
5. Laughs at my jokes
6. Carries bags of groceries with ease
7. Owns at least one tie
8. Appreciates a good home cooked meal
9. Remembers birthdays and anniversaries
10. Seeks romance
What Women Want in a Man, Revised List (Age 42)
1. Not too ugly (bald head okay)
2. Doesn't drive off until I'm in the car
3. Works steady - splurges on dinner out occasionally
4. Nods head when I'm talking
5. Usually remembers punch lines of jokes
6. Is in good enough shape to rearrange the furniture
7. Wears a shirt that covers his stomach
8. Knows not to buy champagne with screw-top lids
9. Remembers to put the toilet seat down
10. Shaves most weekends
What Women Want in a Man, Revised List (Age 52)
1. Keeps hair in nose and ears trimmed
2. Doesn't belch or scratch in public
3. Doesn't borrow money too often
4. Doesn't nod off to sleep when I'm venting
5. Doesn't retell the same joke too many times
6. Is in good enough shape to get off the couch on weekends
7. Usually wears matching socks and fresh underwear
8. Appreciates a good TV dinner
9. Remembers your name on occasion
10. Shaves some weekends
What Women Want in a Man, Revised List (Age 62)
1. Doesn't scare small children
2. Remembers where the bathroom is
3. Doesn't require much money for upkeep
4. Only snores lightly when asleep
5. Remembers why he's laughing
6. Is in good enough shape to stand up by himself
8. Likes soft foods
9. Remembers where he left his teeth
10. Remembers that it's the weekend
What Women Want in a Man, Revised List (Age 72)
1. Breathing
2. Doesn't miss the toilet

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

Is anyone going to watch the Zimmerman trial?
I keep waffling back and forth about the case.

Zimmerman's account of what happened I don't totally buy, I also don't buy that Trayvon was just a innocent kid walking down the street either.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

LizW wrote:
8. Likes soft foods
<quoted text>
lol, good morning Liz!

It's hump day! Dang the week is flying by?

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Missy I love looking at pictures of old houses and buildings and wondering what they were like back in the day. That old castle/health spa that I've posted about a few times has lots of pictures on the net from the late 1800's/early 1900's. I could spend hours looking at the. Too bad there's not any interior pic's of my daughters house and the people who have lived there. That would be interesting to see. All I can think of is how cold her house had to have been in the winter. Even with all those fireplaces there would be no way to keep that house warm. I bet most pf the bedrooms weren't even used and the entire family just slept close to where the fireplaces were. The house is creepy enough with lights, it's hard to imagine roaming around that house at night only using a candle to see.
I don't know how people survived back in the day, with no electricity. When the house in Michigan was built it never had a inside bathroom just a out house. The house has had 3 additions since it was built. The house looks nothing like it did 30 years ago. I remember visiting my husbands Grandmother when she lived there and it looks nothing like it does today.
Your daughters house is beautiful, it would be really nice to see what the house was like years ago. When I was a teenager a group of us went ghost hunting in old abandoned house that was owned by a friends grandfather. The grandfather said his wife saw a woman in the kitchen and after seeing that, his wife would not stay in the house. They moved and left the house sitting for years. He let us tour the house after dark with flash lights. We never seen a ghost but it was very creepy. The house would have been a beautiful home had it been kept up. I asked why they didn't just sell the house and they said everyone knew it was haunted and wouldn't buy it. I think I would have called the ghost experts in before just leaving a house to fall down.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

LizW wrote:
Is anyone going to watch the Zimmerman trial?
I keep waffling back and forth about the case.
Zimmerman's account of what happened I don't totally buy, I also don't buy that Trayvon was just a innocent kid walking down the street either.
I doubt I watch the trial, but I keep up reading about the case. He may be telling the truth, but what gets me is the 911 operator told him to not follow this kid and he did it anyway. He should have just stood back until the police arrived. It doesn't sound good for him to not listen to what he was told and then a kid end up dead. I am sure he was punched, but I don't think he should of took it on himself to follow this kid.

“The old bat lost weight”

Since: Jan 12

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

Good morning~~
No, I won't watch the Zimmerman trial.
I'm not the least bit interested, it will
turn out the way it turns out.
I just hope the press doesn't flame it until
it causes a riot in Florida.

The sooner this is over the better...
jmo

“look up and laugh”

Level 9

Since: Jun 08

guess, where

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Good morning

“The old bat lost weight”

Since: Jan 12

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

jdmdusa wrote:
Good morning
Good morning to you~~

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Missy what state was the old house you went in? I do see a lot of haunted house from MI on my shows.

You saw the pictures of my daughter's house before. In her kitchen where that stone wall is, that was added on sometime afterwards, also her library has a hall right next to it. Between the hall and the library there's a cut-out as if a window was there at one time. That was probably a add on too.

Frigs..........I don't know how those people survived without indoor plumbing.
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how people survived back in the day, with no electricity. When the house in Michigan was built it never had a inside bathroom just a out house. The house has had 3 additions since it was built. The house looks nothing like it did 30 years ago. I remember visiting my husbands Grandmother when she lived there and it looks nothing like it does today.
Your daughters house is beautiful, it would be really nice to see what the house was like years ago. When I was a teenager a group of us went ghost hunting in old abandoned house that was owned by a friends grandfather. The grandfather said his wife saw a woman in the kitchen and after seeing that, his wife would not stay in the house. They moved and left the house sitting for years. He let us tour the house after dark with flash lights. We never seen a ghost but it was very creepy. The house would have been a beautiful home had it been kept up. I asked why they didn't just sell the house and they said everyone knew it was haunted and wouldn't buy it. I think I would have called the ghost experts in before just leaving a house to fall down.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Hi. I'll guess you're in Orlando?
jdmdusa wrote:
Good morning

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

I'll probably just watch the weekend updates on the trial. I agree with you and hope this ends quickly and doesn't turn into a race ( more of a) issue. Actually I'm not even sure why race was even mentioned to begin with. It sounds like Trayvon attacked Zimmerman, Zimmerman had a gun..........regardless if Trayvon was white, green, yellow or purple I believe the end result would have been the same.
rubygoober wrote:
Good morning~~
No, I won't watch the Zimmerman trial.
I'm not the least bit interested, it will
turn out the way it turns out.
I just hope the press doesn't flame it until
it causes a riot in Florida.
The sooner this is over the better...
jmo

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

I watched some show a couple weeks ago and they had the Zimmerman integration tapes. It sounded like he didn't follow Trayvon after the dispatcher told him not to. Zimmerman made it sound more like he was walking ( I think he said to find the street address of where he was) and Trayvon just showed up and startled him.
It's great if Zimmerman wants to spend his spare time patrolling the neighborhood and trying to keep them safe, however he should have never thought about doing anymore than calling the police and reporting incidences. There was no reason for him to be walking around with a gun. This was just like the perfect storm waiting to happen.

I know I know..........you feel differently about the gun issues than I do.
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt I watch the trial, but I keep up reading about the case. He may be telling the truth, but what gets me is the 911 operator told him to not follow this kid and he did it anyway. He should have just stood back until the police arrived. It doesn't sound good for him to not listen to what he was told and then a kid end up dead. I am sure he was punched, but I don't think he should of took it on himself to follow this kid.
Riverside

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

LizW wrote:
I'll probably just watch the weekend updates on the trial. I agree with you and hope this ends quickly and doesn't turn into a race ( more of a) issue. Actually I'm not even sure why race was even mentioned to begin with. It sounds like Trayvon attacked Zimmerman, Zimmerman had a gun..........regardless if Trayvon was white, green, yellow or purple I believe the end result would have been the same.<quoted text>

Translation: "You hope Zimmerman gets off"

“A lady never discusses the ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

size of her yarn stash

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

Hello everyone.

I too love the old homes. Ruby, I'm with you on wanting to explore...but the SNAKES(!!!)

There are people who explore for a hobby. If you go on youtube and type in abandoned or urban exploration-
You'll find a lot of interesting old homes and buildings.

This one is a 16th century house in Scotland. Any ideas what the hooks in the ceiling were used for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Level 8

size of her yarn stash

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

LizW wrote:
8. Likes soft foods
<quoted text>
LOL

Level 8

size of her yarn stash

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't that hot, it was only 100 in this area.
That's not to bad. I don't think it's been that hot down my way (90 today) but the humidity is awful.
~~~~
and Thanks for the jokes, Ricky!

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

LizW wrote:
I watched some show a couple weeks ago and they had the Zimmerman integration tapes. It sounded like he didn't follow Trayvon after the dispatcher told him not to. Zimmerman made it sound more like he was walking ( I think he said to find the street address of where he was) and Trayvon just showed up and startled him.
It's great if Zimmerman wants to spend his spare time patrolling the neighborhood and trying to keep them safe, however he should have never thought about doing anymore than calling the police and reporting incidences. There was no reason for him to be walking around with a gun. This was just like the perfect storm waiting to happen.
I know I know..........you feel differently about the gun issues than I do.<quoted text>
He shouldn't have been walking around with a gun. He was just a neighbor hood watch guy..we have that in our neighbor hood and no one walks around with a gun or follows people walking down the street.
Yep, we have different views on gun issues. But that doesn't mean I think people should walk around the neighborhood with a gun. I think people should be able to protect their families and homes but shouldn't be out looking for trouble.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Buroc Millhouse Obama 1,084,554
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 26 min someone 484,438
What life is like for Casey Anthony 3 hr Lon Spector 66
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 3 hr Winnipeg 176
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Brian_G 45,911
Moving from Dublin to Orlando! 6 hr irish_girl28 3
Goodbye PH 11 hr honeymylove 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search