Hi. I'll guess you're in Orlando?
jdmdusa wrote:
Good morning

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#14319 Jun 12, 2013
I'll probably just watch the weekend updates on the trial. I agree with you and hope this ends quickly and doesn't turn into a race ( more of a) issue. Actually I'm not even sure why race was even mentioned to begin with. It sounds like Trayvon attacked Zimmerman, Zimmerman had a gun..........regardless if Trayvon was white, green, yellow or purple I believe the end result would have been the same.
rubygoober wrote:
Good morning~~
No, I won't watch the Zimmerman trial.
I'm not the least bit interested, it will
turn out the way it turns out.
I just hope the press doesn't flame it until
it causes a riot in Florida.
The sooner this is over the better...
jmo

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#14320 Jun 12, 2013
I watched some show a couple weeks ago and they had the Zimmerman integration tapes. It sounded like he didn't follow Trayvon after the dispatcher told him not to. Zimmerman made it sound more like he was walking ( I think he said to find the street address of where he was) and Trayvon just showed up and startled him.
It's great if Zimmerman wants to spend his spare time patrolling the neighborhood and trying to keep them safe, however he should have never thought about doing anymore than calling the police and reporting incidences. There was no reason for him to be walking around with a gun. This was just like the perfect storm waiting to happen.

I know I know..........you feel differently about the gun issues than I do.
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt I watch the trial, but I keep up reading about the case. He may be telling the truth, but what gets me is the 911 operator told him to not follow this kid and he did it anyway. He should have just stood back until the police arrived. It doesn't sound good for him to not listen to what he was told and then a kid end up dead. I am sure he was punched, but I don't think he should of took it on himself to follow this kid.
Riverside

Riverside, CA

#14321 Jun 12, 2013
LizW wrote:
I'll probably just watch the weekend updates on the trial. I agree with you and hope this ends quickly and doesn't turn into a race ( more of a) issue. Actually I'm not even sure why race was even mentioned to begin with. It sounds like Trayvon attacked Zimmerman, Zimmerman had a gun..........regardless if Trayvon was white, green, yellow or purple I believe the end result would have been the same.<quoted text>

Translation: "You hope Zimmerman gets off"

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#14322 Jun 12, 2013
Hello everyone.

I too love the old homes. Ruby, I'm with you on wanting to explore...but the SNAKES(!!!)

There are people who explore for a hobby. If you go on youtube and type in abandoned or urban exploration-
You'll find a lot of interesting old homes and buildings.

This one is a 16th century house in Scotland. Any ideas what the hooks in the ceiling were used for?

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#14323 Jun 12, 2013
LizW wrote:
These 3 are what I'm looimg for in a man.
Is in good enough shape to stand up by himself
7. Usually wears some clothes
8. Likes soft foods
<quoted text>
LOL

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#14324 Jun 12, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't that hot, it was only 100° in this area.
That's not to bad. I don't think it's been that hot down my way (90 today) but the humidity is awful.
~~~~
and Thanks for the jokes, Ricky!

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14325 Jun 12, 2013
LizW wrote:
I watched some show a couple weeks ago and they had the Zimmerman integration tapes. It sounded like he didn't follow Trayvon after the dispatcher told him not to. Zimmerman made it sound more like he was walking ( I think he said to find the street address of where he was) and Trayvon just showed up and startled him.
It's great if Zimmerman wants to spend his spare time patrolling the neighborhood and trying to keep them safe, however he should have never thought about doing anymore than calling the police and reporting incidences. There was no reason for him to be walking around with a gun. This was just like the perfect storm waiting to happen.
I know I know..........you feel differently about the gun issues than I do.<quoted text>
He shouldn't have been walking around with a gun. He was just a neighbor hood watch guy..we have that in our neighbor hood and no one walks around with a gun or follows people walking down the street.
Yep, we have different views on gun issues. But that doesn't mean I think people should walk around the neighborhood with a gun. I think people should be able to protect their families and homes but shouldn't be out looking for trouble.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#14326 Jun 12, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
Hello everyone.
I too love the old homes. Ruby, I'm with you on wanting to explore...but the SNAKES(!!!)
There are people who explore for a hobby. If you go on youtube and type in abandoned or urban exploration-
This one is a 16th century house in Scotland. Any ideas what the hooks in the ceiling were used for?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =M2P5Z6B9A2YXX
I can only take a guess at the ceiling hooks~~
I'm thinking, meat hooks.
But, it could be something that was used back then
for multi-purposes.
I wish the picture was clearer, especially the location
of the hooks in relation to the house.
Creepy, hu?

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14327 Jun 12, 2013
LizW wrote:
Missy what state was the old house you went in? I do see a lot of haunted house from MI on my shows.
You saw the pictures of my daughter's house before. In her kitchen where that stone wall is, that was added on sometime afterwards, also her library has a hall right next to it. Between the hall and the library there's a cut-out as if a window was there at one time. That was probably a add on too.
Frigs..........I don't know how those people survived without indoor plumbing.<quoted text>
That house was down in Salem Arkansas. It would have been a beautiful house had it been kept up. This friends Grandmother must have been scared out of her wits to leave the house and never return. I am not sure what I would do if I saw a ghostly lady in my kitchen. It would be freaky, but I think I would ask her who she was, then I would call a Priest!
Riverside

Riverside, CA

#14328 Jun 12, 2013
LizW wrote:
Is anyone going to watch the Zimmerman trial?
I keep waffling back and forth about the case.
Zimmerman's account of what happened I don't totally buy, I also don't buy that Trayvon was just a innocent kid walking down the street either.

Remember when the accused killer and his wife didn’t tell the court about another passport he had, and lied about the amount of money they had access to, in addition to the passport allegations, it was disclosed what the state’s attorney called an elaborate scheme by Zimmerman and his wife, Shelly, to conceal their true financial status from the court they have received through Donations .

Zimmerman “intentionally deceived the court with the assistance of his wife,” according to the prosecution’s motion to revoke his bail.

At the April 20 bond hearing, Shelly Zimmerman testified that she knew nothing about any funds in a PayPal account George had set up for donations, and said she believed she and her husband had no money to post for bond. This was proven to be not true, she knew Zimmermans had access to $135,000.

Despite being in jail, prosecutors said, Zimmerman ‘was intimately involved in the deposit and transfer of moneys into various accounts. He ‘was directing the show’ from his prison cell.

I think that makes Zimmerman more that just a killer, he's a scam artist too!

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#14329 Jun 12, 2013
My post wasn't meant to be funny~~
I was serious about the meat hooks.
What in the heck do you think people
did back then~~run to WalMart for a
family pack of pork chops?

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#14331 Jun 13, 2013
Good Morning all

Missy what the heck is wrong with you visiting any old abandoned house in a city named Salem. That's just asking for trouble.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#14332 Jun 13, 2013
I googled the hooks. From what I read the smaller ones throughout the house were used to hang lanterns, wet clothes and boots. The larger ones were usually placed in a part of the house that was cooler , with the least amount of sunlight. They were used to hang meat and fish.
rubygoober wrote:
My post wasn't meant to be funny~~
I was serious about the meat hooks.
What in the heck do you think people
did back then~~run to WalMart for a
family pack of pork chops?

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#14333 Jun 13, 2013
I love the wooden staircase
JaneDear wrote:
Hello everyone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =M2P5Z6B9A2YXX

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#14334 Jun 13, 2013
LizW wrote:
These 3 are what I'm looimg for in a man.
Is in good enough shape to stand up by himself
7. Usually wears some clothes
8. Likes soft foods
<quoted text>
lol

Good morning!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#14335 Jun 13, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not to bad. I don't think it's been that hot down my way (90 today) but the humidity is awful.
~~~~
and Thanks for the jokes, Ricky!
You're welcome!

I don't know if we've cracked 100 just yet but we're very close if we haven't.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#14336 Jun 13, 2013
A small business puts a 'job vacant' ad in the newspaper, and in a short while 700 applications arrive in the fax. The boss looks at the huge pile, and says to the secretary 'take the top thirty applications from the file, have them come for an interview, and put the rest in the paper shredder'.
The secretary says ,'Isn't that unfair? There might be applications from excellent people in the rest of the pile.'
The boss replies 'I don't need unlucky guys working here'.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#14337 Jun 13, 2013
PET DIARIES UNCOVERED

As seen in a dog's diary:

8am - Oh Boy! Dog food! My favorite!
9am - Oh Boy! A car ride! My favorite
10am - Oh Boy! A walk! My favorite!
11am - Oh Boy! A car ride! My favorite!
Noon - Oh Boy! The kids! My favorite!
1pm - Oh Boy! The yard! My favorite!
3pm - Oh Boy! The kids! My favorite!
4pm - Oh Boy! Dog food! My favorite!
5pm - Oh Boy! Mom! My favorite!
7pm - Oh Boy! Playing ball! My favorite!
9pm - Oh Boy! Sleeping in master's bed! My favorite!

As seen in a cat's diary:

Day 183 of my captivity:
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.
They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal.
The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild
satisfaction I get from ruining the occasional piece of furniture.
Tomorrow I may eat another house plant.

Day 184 of captivity:
Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while
they were walking almost succeeded -- must try this at the top of the
stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I
once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair -- must try this
on their bed.

Day 185 of captivity:
Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in an attempt to
make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into
their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat
I was. Hmmm, not working according to plan.

Day 186 of captivity:
There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in
solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell
the food. More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY
power of "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my
advantage.

Day 187 of captivity:
I am convinced the other captives are flunkies! and maybe snitches. The
dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is
obviously a half-wit. The bird on the other hand has got to be an
informant, and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my
every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room, his safety
is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time...

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#14338 Jun 14, 2013
Good Morning All

Noah's super excited. They're handing out the football equipment today after exams. Finally after all these years it's his turn to play under the Friday night lights.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Reality Check 1,618,996
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr Mary NY 514,144
Review: American Explorer Academy 2 hr Jamie F 1
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 7 hr zazz 98,548
*great oaks village* (Oct '09) 19 hr DebbieT 34
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) Wed Princess Hey 19,708
News Orange County Schools employee indicted on firs... (Mar '09) Tue CAL 112

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages