Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14254 Jun 7, 2013
LizW wrote:
Yes, Koolaide girl. We still email. She's in Port Richie.
She still asks about everyone from the threads. She enjoy's the warm weather and seems to keep herself pretty busy down there. Still picking up all kinds of deals from the thrift stores. Two of her kids live down there now so she sees them often which makes it nice for all of them. <quoted text>
She's close to me and she's right. I have found an Imari vase for seven bucks, a Etienne Aiger purse, a Brighton purse and two Coaches cheap. And yes, they're real. I checked the registration numbers. I found a Vernon Kiln teapot, creamer and sugar bowl for next to nothing. But it pays to know what you're looking at and what it worth. Most come from relatives whose family members have died and they just donate the stuff to get rid of it.

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14255 Jun 7, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
She's close to me and she's right. I have found an Imari vase for seven bucks, a Etienne Aiger purse, a Brighton purse and two Coaches cheap. And yes, they're real. I checked the registration numbers. I found a Vernon Kiln teapot, creamer and sugar bowl for next to nothing. But it pays to know what you're looking at and what it worth. Most come from relatives whose family members have died and they just donate the stuff to get rid of it.
I love shopping for Antiques..

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#14256 Jun 7, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
I love to find a good bargain in a thrift store.
It doesn't have to be something specific~~just unique.

For years, I wouldn't go to estate sales. I felt like I was
snooping and plundering in peoples personal stuff.
I've sinced gotten over it but still don't attend many ES.
Curlie? He has no qualms about it, he loves a good snooping
and plundering~lol

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14257 Jun 7, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
and plundering~lol
I like Asian china and pottery. Unfortunately, I've run out of room.
more

United States

#14258 Jun 7, 2013
_findmore.mywibes.com/city/orl ando-fl/TK302B2K513QS7F6E

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#14259 Jun 7, 2013
LOL @ Curlie snooping at the Estate sales.
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
and plundering~lol

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#14260 Jun 7, 2013
Do you mind if I ask how much you ended up paying for the Coach?

I've only looked around the thridt store here a handful of times while dropping donations off but never really found anything. The store here kind of has a funky, dirty smell to it.
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14261 Jun 7, 2013
LizW wrote:
Do you mind if I ask how much you ended up paying for the Coach?
I've only looked around the thridt store here a handful of times while dropping donations off but never really found anything. The store here kind of has a funky, dirty smell to it. <quoted text>
I paid $24.99 for one of the patchwork holiday bags and $9.95 for a leather one.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#14262 Jun 8, 2013
Good Morning All

Damn..........Spooky you got a deal. Did the purses look used at all? Was it the purplish patchwork?

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14263 Jun 8, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Damn..........Spooky you got a deal. Did the purses look used at all? Was it the purplish patchwork?
They looked slightly used. The patchwork does have purple. The leather one I got the day they were having a 1/2 price sale. I really like the Etienne Aiger I got. Of course, I didn't need a one of them. I have way to many handbags.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#14264 Jun 8, 2013
I like Fossil products especially the purses and wallets.
About a year ago I found one, brand new it appears,
for 99 cents.
This particular purse had a lot of thought go into
it for convenience sake.
The leather is very soft and an attractive shade
of chestnut.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14266 Jun 8, 2013
Natasfonos LXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
Fossil Outlets are nice because you can get a watch that may be one or two years old but still new for $10.
I have a few that I paid full price for but they're worth it.
Relics are okay. Similar stylings BUT made with cheaper metal and I can't wear them so I stick with Fossil.
I like Fossil too. I had a Fossil wallet that lasted forever. Relics are still overpriced. The purses don't even have leather trim.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#14268 Jun 8, 2013
You're all sounding like me with my Vera Bradley collection. I have a hard time resisting anything VB.

I like the coach wallets and should buy a new one soon. As far as the purses go I carry everything except the kitchen sink in mine so I need something bigger ( and a little less expensive) than what coach has to offer.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14269 Jun 8, 2013
LizW wrote:
You're all sounding like me with my Vera Bradley collection. I have a hard time resisting anything VB.
I like the coach wallets and should buy a new one soon. As far as the purses go I carry everything except the kitchen sink in mine so I need something bigger ( and a little less expensive) than what coach has to offer.
My biggest collection is vintage Dooney & Burke All Weather Leather. They last forever. My favorite are the Tetons. They carry everything and the kitchen sink.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#14270 Jun 8, 2013
Okay Spooky it's sounding like you and I have similar spending habits. That's not really a good thing.
Do you ever buy something and then realize you already own it or something very similar? It happens to me all the time and pisses me right off. Today I was cleaning my closet and found a pair of shoes almost identical to once I already owned. What's really sad is I never wore either pair. Hopefully I might still have the receipt for one pair and can return them.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#14271 Jun 8, 2013
I'm beginning the think they should put a age limit on Facebook. Both my ex MIL's who are over age 80 don't post, instead they post letters to me or the kids that everyone can see. The majority of the time it's personal family business that shouldn't be public and then to make matters worse they have vision problems and usually post everything in all cap's. I've tried sending them emails via FB but they still post everything instead. OH BOY

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Chicago, IL

#14272 Jun 9, 2013
LizW wrote:
I'm beginning the think they should put a age limit on Facebook. Both my ex MIL's who are over age 80 don't post, instead they post letters to me or the kids that everyone can see. The majority of the time it's personal family business that shouldn't be public and then to make matters worse they have vision problems and usually post everything in all cap's. I've tried sending them emails via FB but they still post everything instead. OH BOY
They are just like you, senile and posting their life on topix.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#14273 Jun 9, 2013
Good Morning All

Hope everyone has a nice day.

I saw something interesting the other day on that site I look at about old memories. I never knew zip codes weren't around until 1960.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#14274 Jun 9, 2013
You do have a point there.
Wiz L wrote:
<quoted text>
They are just like you, senile and posting their life on topix.

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Dundas, Canada

#14275 Jun 9, 2013
LizW wrote:
You do have a point there. <quoted text>
You handled that perfectly. I do believe you are a very honest person.

Do you do Joel? I am not the overly religious type, but this guy Joel is so likable! He comes up with Brilliant quotes!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,402,867
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 6 hr -Prince- 19,080
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 19 hr barry 1,565
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 20 hr zazz 98,126
News Convicted rapist indicted in 1993 Orange County... (May '09) 22 hr patty 39
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 23 hr Princess Hey 13,058
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... Fri WasteWater 1,261

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages