Snickers101

Dallas, TX

#14182 Jun 3, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet potatoes?? Got them growing too. And green beans. No neighbor gave any of those to Missy sonBrad may not approve.
LOL,Really Now.........
Snickers101

Dallas, TX

#14183 Jun 3, 2013
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
I love sweet potatoes, everytime we go to a steakhouse I order a baked sweet potatoe instead of a regular baked potatoe..
Sweet potato's and a bunch of crap... Good-Night....

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#14184 Jun 4, 2013
Good Morning All

I swear I my be the only poster here who's never had boiled peanuts. Must be a southern thing.

Missy have you ever had sweet potato fries? I tried them once and wasn't a fan.

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14185 Jun 4, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
I swear I my be the only poster here who's never had boiled peanuts. Must be a southern thing.
Missy have you ever had sweet potato fries? I tried them once and wasn't a fan.
Good morning everyone,
Liz, I have had sweet potatoe fries, they are okay. I love baked sweet potatoes and sweet potatoes with butter, brown sugar and marshmallows on them.. I don't think I have ever had boiled peanuts either.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#14186 Jun 4, 2013
It sounds like the boiled peanuts are right up there with the white gravy and grits. Can't those Southern people eat normal food like pasta fagioli!!!!!!

The other day I was cleaning out some of Noah's things and came across his journals from grade school. I hadn't read them in a couple years, he was so freakin cute with the things he wrote about. Most of it had to do with either going to a football game, watch one of playing football with his older brothers. Then he wrote about how someday he was going to be the one playing on the big field. His teacher wrote that his son played football as well and he would come watch Noah play when he got older. He was one of my favorite teacher Noah ever had. Also he kept his word about coming to the games, he even sometimes waits around until after the games to chat with Noah.

Speaking of big, tough guy's your new baby looks like he's grown so much and his so adorable. He looks like he already has his own cute little personality.
Has he figured out the difference between day and night yet? LOL
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning everyone,
Liz, I have had sweet potatoe fries, they are okay. I love baked sweet potatoes and sweet potatoes with butter, brown sugar and marshmallows on them.. I don't think I have ever had boiled peanuts either.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#14187 Jun 4, 2013
Oh and we got a invitation to the boy's grad party who lives across the street. Even thought he a Noah are a couple years apart they've been best friends since babies. I started think about when they were toddlers playing together all day. It's going to seem so weird with Adam not being around anymore after this summer. I was sobbing just thinking about him graduating, by the time Noah graduates I'll probably be having a full scale meltdown.
Right now I just can't even imagine what life would be like without having him home.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#14188 Jun 4, 2013
Snickers101 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow I love story telling time.... At least u have an out-let...
Posting on topix is sometimes, enjoyable.
I also like playing the word games.

Topix has no bearing on my real life~~
Two of the best things I have in addition to
a great husband, is peace and a sense of well-being
on most days.

So, as my cyber buddy Cov sez~~
CHILLAX!!!

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14189 Jun 4, 2013
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning everyone,
I like sweet potatoes baked best but make a casserole with brown sugar, pineapple and marshmallows on thanksgiving. Boiled peanuts are definitely a southern thing. They're very good though. Addicting.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#14190 Jun 4, 2013
I've never seen my mother make white gravy~~
I haven't either.
Our gravy is always a med brown full of specks of
meat crispies and pepper, no lumps!
If I want to eat paste I'll eat it straight
out of the Elmer's jar.
That's what white gravy reminds me of.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14191 Jun 4, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
I haven't either.
out of the Elmer's jar.
Not my favorite either.

Level 7

Location hidden

#14192 Jun 4, 2013
LizW wrote:
It sounds like the boiled peanuts are right up there with the white gravy and grits. Can't those Southern people eat normal food like pasta fagioli!!!!!!
The other day I was cleaning out some of Noah's things and came across his journals from grade school. I hadn't read them in a couple years, he was so freakin cute with the things he wrote about. Most of it had to do with either going to a football game, watch one of playing football with his older brothers. Then he wrote about how someday he was going to be the one playing on the big field. His teacher wrote that his son played football as well and he would come watch Noah play when he got older. He was one of my favorite teacher Noah ever had. Also he kept his word about coming to the games, he even sometimes waits around until after the games to chat with Noah.
Speaking of big, tough guy's your new baby looks like he's grown so much and his so adorable. He looks like he already has his own cute little personality.
Has he figured out the difference between day and night yet? LOL<quoted text>
I love white gravy on biscuits. But grits, no way! Yep my little guy is growing and is so sweet. He has been sleeping a little better at night, but still gets up about 5 times. Last night I was holding him and he was asleep, well he would open one eye and look at ya then close it.
That's always fun looking at work our kids have done when they were small. I have all kinds of art work my kids did when they were little. My youngest son made me a little trinket box out of clay when he was in first grade. I keep it in my curio cabinet it's one of my most valuable pieces.

Level 7

Location hidden

#14193 Jun 4, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
I like sweet potatoes baked best but make a casserole with brown sugar, pineapple and marshmallows on thanksgiving. Boiled peanuts are definitely a southern thing. They're very good though. Addicting.
I have never had it with pineapple, but I bet that's really good..I have a friend that makes sweet potato pies around Thanksgiving. They are good, but I like pumpkin better.

Level 7

Location hidden

#14194 Jun 4, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
I haven't either.
out of the Elmer's jar.
I make white gravy when I make biscuits for breakfast. I love it with sausage in it, I could eat it every day.

“BIOMOM”

Level 4

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#14195 Jun 4, 2013
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
I make white gravy when I make biscuits for breakfast. I love it with sausage in it, I could eat it every day.
Bob Evans biscuits and gravy are excellent if you never tried before.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14196 Jun 4, 2013
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never had it with pineapple, but I bet that's really good..I have a friend that makes sweet potato pies around Thanksgiving. They are good, but I like pumpkin better.
I do too. Sweet potatoes are stringy in pie.

Level 7

Location hidden

#14197 Jun 4, 2013
GloomyRDarwin wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob Evans biscuits and gravy are excellent if you never tried before.
Yes they are!

Level 7

Location hidden

#14198 Jun 4, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
I do too. Sweet potatoes are stringy in pie.
Have you ever had rhubarb pie? I made a strawberry rhubarb pie a week ago and it's was so good. I ended up eating half the pie in one day.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#14199 Jun 4, 2013
I never thought I'd see the day I would like
Mince Meat Pie.
It's one of Curlie's favorites~~I make them for him
but have started liking it in small doses myself.

I cannot stand liver, eggplant or chicken thighs.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#14200 Jun 4, 2013
^^mushrooms are ugh, too...

Level 7

Location hidden

#14201 Jun 4, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
I never thought I'd see the day I would like
Mince Meat Pie.
It's one of Curlie's favorites~~I make them for him
but have started liking it in small doses myself.
I cannot stand liver, eggplant or chicken thighs.
My husband likes the mince meat pies, but not me. I love beef liver smothered in onions. Egg plant is good, but no way would I eat a chicken thigh or a leg.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,234,608
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 min zazz 97,267
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 9 min Tiburon Girl 2,796
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 11 min ANGHARAD 498,281
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 17 min Princess Hey 12,589
3 word game (Jan '11) 20 min Princess Hey 13,589
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 22 min Princess Hey 17,859
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 2 hr The Jeej 71,880
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]