Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#14128 May 31, 2013
GloomyRDarwin wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more about health and attitude than size for most guys. Women worry more about how guys see them than they need to. As teens all we ever prayed for was to see our favorite girl at the time naked lol. Guys love all womens bodies. Within reason like anything.
Do you add any fat to the elk meat when you grind it for burger? A strawberry/mango salsa or horseradish or blue cheese mayo on the burger for me please!
It's the last day of school! mom's everywhere have their wine corks at the ready don't they?
Good morning everyone.

Yes, some fat was added to it. I'm not sure what kind of fat...maybe beef. It was still very dry.

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#14129 May 31, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>Relationships over men and women. The old "if I can't have him or her then no one can have him or her" runs rampant on Topix. It's to the point where you can't have a decent conversation someplace without some jealous person jumping onto the thread and causing havoc.
Ah. I see.
That's nuts...
Attention who*es!

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14130 May 31, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Missy how dare you put weed killer on the dandelions. You don't know what you're missing!
Now we don't eat dandelion's from the yard. You dig them up from a farm or a field. My Mom said before it's because animals haven't peed on them before if they came from a farm. Not sure how true that is or how anyone would know if they've been pissed on before of not. FRIGS!
You dig them up, keeping the stem in tact. Wash them and then either fry them in oil and garlic or make a salad adding onions, tomatoes and Italian dressing.
You know how spinach sometimes leaves that iron taste in your mouth afterwards, well so do the dandelions. Also they're on the tuff side so you need good teeth to eat those suckers.
Oh and floss afterwards. Nothing is worse than having a weed stuck between your teeth.
My grandma used to pick them and cook them like greens. We had a huge garden. Used to have to put up about 60 quarts of tomatoes every year. I didn't care for other canned veggies. I like them fresh. Still put in a garden every year.

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#14132 May 31, 2013
Snickers wrote:
<quoted text>Really now,how silly you are..........lol...
Says the dolt stuck on stupid.

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#14133 May 31, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Missy how dare you put weed killer on the dandelions. You don't know what you're missing!
Now we don't eat dandelion's from the yard. You dig them up from a farm or a field. My Mom said before it's because animals haven't peed on them before if they came from a farm. Not sure how true that is or how anyone would know if they've been pissed on before of not. FRIGS!
You dig them up, keeping the stem in tact. Wash them and then either fry them in oil and garlic or make a salad adding onions, tomatoes and Italian dressing.
You know how spinach sometimes leaves that iron taste in your mouth afterwards, well so do the dandelions. Also they're on the tuff side so you need good teeth to eat those suckers.
Oh and floss afterwards. Nothing is worse than having a weed stuck between your teeth.
Sounds delicious.
The iron after taste may just be the pee...

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#14134 May 31, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandma used to pick them and cook them like greens. We had a huge garden. Used to have to put up about 60 quarts of tomatoes every year. I didn't care for other canned veggies. I like them fresh. Still put in a garden every year.
Good morning,Spooky.
I love fresh tomatoes. Do you ever have fried green tomatoes?

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#14135 May 31, 2013
Uh oh

I hope all these posts about vegetables don't give Snicker brain spasms...

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14136 May 31, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning,Spooky.
Quiet, you will have Snickers all over this thread talking fried green tomatoes..

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#14137 May 31, 2013
Ya jest had ta bring up the green tomatoes,
didn't ya???????
lol

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14138 May 31, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning,Spooky.
Never been a favorite. Last year I put in an asparagus bed. It was hard finding some that would grow in these heat. Well, the first year, I didn't expect anything but this year, I thought I'd get some but I guess it takes several years before it really gets going.

I love tomatoes. I like to put fresh pesto on them.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#14139 May 31, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
Never been a favorite. Last year I put in an asparagus bed. It was hard finding some that would grow in these heat. Well, the first year, I didn't expect anything but this year, I thought I'd get some but I guess it takes several years before it really gets going.
I love tomatoes. I like to put fresh pesto on them.
I grew some luffa sponges up here a few years back and some
swore I didn't grow them here but bought them.
I GREW THEM!!!
They were just jealous when I won first place~

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#14140 May 31, 2013
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's a plant that people chop up and fry in bacon grease. My grandmother use to make something like that, but I have no clue what it taste like. I am not big on frying because my husband is a health fanatic. I am just a little, but I do eat unhealthy once in a while.

Level 7

Location hidden

#14141 May 31, 2013
Mousie, hope your doing okay with the storms and Toronados that are around Ok City.

Level 7

Location hidden

#14142 May 31, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew some luffa sponges up here a few years back and some
swore I didn't grow them here but bought them.
I GREW THEM!!!
They were just jealous when I won first place~
I have never heard of luffa sponges, is it something you eat?

Level 7

Location hidden

#14143 May 31, 2013
Okay, my husband just informed me that I have about a dozen loofa sponges in the bathroom. Lmao!

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14144 May 31, 2013
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never heard of luffa sponges, is it something you eat?
No, it is like a squash but when it's dried, it make a good sponge to wash with. I had a neighbor that grew them too. He had more than he knew what to do with.

Level 7

Location hidden

#14145 May 31, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is like a squash but when it's dried, it make a good sponge to wash with. I had a neighbor that grew them too. He had more than he knew what to do with.
Yea, my husband told me what they were when I asked him if he ever heard of it. He said you have a big basket of them in the bathroom, mine all came from target, I never grew them.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#14146 Jun 1, 2013
Good Morning All

Now who here had the nerve to mention green tomatoes? You know darn well what a controversial subject that turns into being.

Ruby have you heard from Mousie or seen her posting?

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#14147 Jun 1, 2013
LOL..........they really are squash. I never knew.

http://wanderingchopsticks.blogspot.com/2008/...
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, my husband told me what they were when I asked him if he ever heard of it. He said you have a big basket of them in the bathroom, mine all came from target, I never grew them.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#14148 Jun 1, 2013
LOL my kids would pick me dandelions too.

When you eat the dandelions you don't eat the flower part, or at least I never heard of eating the flower.
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well a farm would more likely have pee on the dandelions then a yard.. I don't think they are anything I would try.. When we were in Michigan on the farm my Grandaughter picked me a big bouquet of them..I put them in a vase of water because she was so proud about picking me those flowers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Yeah 1,383,857
News Libertarians pick ex-New Mexico Gov. Johnson fo... 2 hr Reagan spirit 6
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Barack calls me B... 59,540
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 14 hr Murphey_Law 513,251
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 17 hr Murph 73,638
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) Sat Princess Hey 22,971
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) Sat RuffnReddy 25,561
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages