“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

#13595 Apr 26, 2013
Was it kraft mac and cheese? Now that's my kind of meal.
Shuaw wrote:
<quoted text>
I still do the favorite meal on birthdays for the ones here. And my daughter does the same for her kids now. She just started it a year ago. Just last week she got stuck with a 8yr old girls favorite meal. It consisted of baked potato, mac & cheese, corn, and cooked carrots. lol

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

#13596 Apr 26, 2013
Tribe I thought Shepard's pie was made with gravy and had a crust at the bottom? I never had it before but it sounds like something my kids might like. Do you think if I browned the hamburger ahead of time the recipe could be done in a crock pot?

Do you mind posting your tuna noodle recipe?

I love casserole dishes but for some reason never seem to make them.
tribe mom wrote:
I fixed a Shephard's Pie for my husband and sons.
I used about 3 lbs of ground beef and onion which I brown and drain. I layer that in what I call my lasagna pan cause it's pretty big.
My second layer is vegetables which I used 2 cans corn and two cans peas (drained of course). You can use any vegetable you please.
My third layer is instant mashed potatoes. I make the serving for eight. I like Hungry Jack or Publix instant mashed potatoes. I used to make homemade, but it's easier to use instant, and I'm all for easy.:-)
My last layer is sharp cheddar cheese on top and bake for about 30 minutes in a 350 oven.
Is this how any of you make Shepard's Pie? Do you make it differently? My sister and I compared our Tuna Casserole, and I was surprised how how differently we both cook. Her's didn't sound good or like there would be enough to me. Mine wouldn't sound good to Cov because I use mushroom soup in mine, but ALL my kids love it. My daughter asked me to make it for her birthday of all things.

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#13597 Apr 26, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Missy did the new baby arrive yet?
Shuaw ddi you see Stefano last night? I love seeing the former contestants and how much they've grown from one year to the next.
Nope, I have a feeling it will be Next Thursday!

Level 7

Location hidden

#13598 Apr 26, 2013
Shuaw wrote:
<quoted text>
I still do the favorite meal on birthdays for the ones here. And my daughter does the same for her kids now. She just started it a year ago. Just last week she got stuck with a 8yr old girls favorite meal. It consisted of baked potato, mac & cheese, corn, and cooked carrots. lol
Wow, that's good for a 8 year old to like all those things. My GD is 6 and she loves broccoli. When we go out to eat she will ask for broccoli or a salad instead of French fries. I buy the little cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli and dill pickles for her to snack on. She loves veggies.

“Where the heck am I?”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Twighlight Zone

#13599 Apr 26, 2013
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that's good for a 8 year old to like all those things. My GD is 6 and she loves broccoli. When we go out to eat she will ask for broccoli or a salad instead of French fries. I buy the little cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli and dill pickles for her to snack on. She loves veggies.
I love it when I see the kids eating veggies like that. She loves anything salad, subway tuna with everything but hot peppers(and she's tried those). She'll try anything, so far the only thing she won't eat is lima beans. I love trying new dishes with her, she will tell you exactly what she thinks of it. lol

Liz - I haven't been watching Idol. Haven't been watching much of anything except Survivor.

Level 7

Location hidden

#13600 Apr 26, 2013
Shuaw wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when I see the kids eating veggies like that. She loves anything salad, subway tuna with everything but hot peppers(and she's tried those). She'll try anything, so far the only thing she won't eat is lima beans. I love trying new dishes with her, she will tell you exactly what she thinks of it. lol
Liz - I haven't been watching Idol. Haven't been watching much of anything except Survivor.
Veggies are so good for them..a lot of the snack food now days are all sugar. I don't blame your Grandaughter for not liking Lima beans, I can't gagg them down. I like trying new things but really watch what I eat.. I try not eating anything from a bag or a box those foods tend to be extremely unhealthy. I will only eat grain fed beef and try to stay away from dairy products unless they are hormone free..I think that's why kids are so much bigger now days they inject hormones and chemicals into everything.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#13601 Apr 26, 2013
My son just brought me home some Pumpkin Pie Icecream (Publix Brand). It is SOooo good for ya!

:-)

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#13602 Apr 26, 2013
LizW wrote:
Tribe I thought Shepard's pie was made with gravy and had a crust at the bottom? I never had it before but it sounds like something my kids might like. Do you think if I browned the hamburger ahead of time the recipe could be done in a crock pot?
Do you mind posting your tuna noodle recipe?
I love casserole dishes but for some reason never seem to make them.<quoted text>
Hey Liz!

I think every part of the country does there own version of anything we eat, so entirely possible there is a gravy and crust version.

Mine is:

8 cans of tuna
Large can of Campbell's mushroom soup
one large or medium onion (duced)
3 stalks celery (diced)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Approx. cup of milk
1 bag of egg noodles

Boil egg noodles. Drain and mix with first 6 ingredients. Bake approx. 30 to 45 minutes in a 350 oven.

Liz, I eyeball everything to taste after all these years. As long as it is cooked to your taste. Some folks like onions and celery crisper than others. I used to add green olives and corn many years ago. Now I serve corn on the side or peas, whichever is handy, but my husband has asked me a couple of times to make it the old way.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#13603 Apr 26, 2013
There is an easy broccoli and spaghetti recipe my friend served at one of her kid's birthday parties years ago.

Large Bag Broccoli Florets
1 Box of Spaghetti
3 - 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Garlic Powder (3 tsp) Guessing, this is also according to how much garlic one likes

Cook broccoli according to package directions. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain both and mix two together. Drizzle with olive oil and garlic powder. Salt and pepper to taste.

I've never tried this with fresh garlic, but I bet it would taste even better.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

#13605 Apr 26, 2013
The remains of the missing Texas teenager Hailey Dunn have been found.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

#13606 Apr 26, 2013
Tribe we had that for dinner tonight only added cannelloni beans as well. Many of the restaurants here serve it. Quick and easy meal. Or really any type of greens and beans mixed with pasta.

Thanks for the tuna recipe. Did you ever sub sour cream for the mayo in the recipe?
tribe mom wrote:
There is an easy broccoli and spaghetti recipe my friend served at one of her kid's birthday parties years ago.
Large Bag Broccoli Florets
1 Box of Spaghetti
3 - 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Garlic Powder (3 tsp) Guessing, this is also according to how much garlic one likes
Cook broccoli according to package directions. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain both and mix two together. Drizzle with olive oil and garlic powder. Salt and pepper to taste.
I've never tried this with fresh garlic, but I bet it would taste even better.

“Where the heck am I?”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Twighlight Zone

#13607 Apr 26, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
My son just brought me home some Pumpkin Pie Icecream (Publix Brand). It is SOooo good for ya!
LMAO - Maybe chocolate but not pumpkin!!!

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#13608 Apr 26, 2013
LizW wrote:
Tribe we had that for dinner tonight only added cannelloni beans as well. Many of the restaurants here serve it. Quick and easy meal. Or really any type of greens and beans mixed with pasta.
Thanks for the tuna recipe. Did you ever sub sour cream for the mayo in the recipe? <quoted text>
No, I haven't tried it that way Liz.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#13611 Apr 26, 2013
LizW wrote:
The remains of the missing Texas teenager Hailey Dunn have been found.
OMGosh!
I've always wondered about this case...
Thanks for posting about it!

I'm going to google now.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#13612 Apr 26, 2013
Shuaw wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO - Maybe chocolate but not pumpkin!!!
Hello Shuaw!

It IS very good if you like pumpkin pie.

;-)

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

#13613 Apr 27, 2013
Good Morning

Missy likes pumpkin beer, but I'm with Shuaw on the pumpkin ice cream. Pumpkin pie is good 1-2 a year but other than that I'd rather have chocolate or something fruity.
In the fall I order pumpkin coffee. I'm not sure if I really like it or not but it seems to be the thing to do during fall months.

Did anyone ever try those speciality fruit or Christmas time beers? Some of those are just straight up gross.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

#13614 Apr 27, 2013
I'm not sure if the Mom is still with the same BF or not but back when they first found the remains in March I thought I heard that there was some type of connection to the remains site and one of the BF's relatives.
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>OMGosh!
I've always wondered about this case...
Thanks for posting about it!
I'm going to google now.

“look up and laugh”

Level 9

Since: Jun 08

guess, where

#13615 Apr 27, 2013
Broken Lance wrote:
<quoted text>
Good-Morning !!
good morning

Level 7

Location hidden

#13616 Apr 27, 2013
Good morning everyone! Hoping everyone has a pleasant day.. I am sitting here watching the rain pour..

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#13617 Apr 27, 2013
Good morning everybody! I need some more coffee.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Patrick 1,111,085
Privilege Waived - Part II . . . Remember Me? 46 min Lon Spector 99
What life is like for Casey Anthony 1 hr Lon Spector 246
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... (Feb '14) 1 hr Lon Spector 301
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Brian_G 46,845
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 hr EXECUTE KID KILLE... 487,746
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 6 hr HELL ON EARTH 25,874
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando