Let's Chat

Posted in the Orlando Forum

Comments (Page 616)

Showing posts 12,301 - 12,320 of17,359
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13229
Mar 17, 2013
 
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
My gripe is people using CPS for revenge against someone.
When it is discovered that someone has used the system like
that, they should be prosecuted for it.
CPS is a broken system that is overwhelmed with cases.
Of course with it being government, it's cutback after
cutback.
A lot of the cases are caused by drug addicted parents.
Most of us have never witnessed the squalor some of these
kids are forced to live in.
We sure haven't Ruby. I don't know what the answer is, but I don't believe our country, as much as I love this country and wouldn't want to live anywhere else, puts enough stock into taking care of our kids.

I see women on their damn cell phones (usually young) talking away while their babies are squalling in the sun and they won't even give the child a glance. I'd like to punch em' in the face, but I'd be arrested.

I did scream at a woman for leaving her little boy in the car. She said he forgot to put his shoes on. She left him in the car alone to punish him, but took the oldest one in with her. I was afraid to leave the store parking lot because the little boy was crying, so I waited. I asked her why she didn't pick him up, carry him and put him in a buggy if he didn't have his shoes on. She told me to mind my own business. I think it WAS my business, and I think I should have called the police on her. WTH? He forgot to put his shoes on? What kind of BS is that? Why didn't she put them on him? I better not get started.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13230
Mar 17, 2013
 
rubygoober wrote:
http://www.google.com/search?s ourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8 &rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS477US477 &q=images+of+gourd+art
I can't remember if I posted this here already
or not~~
What a work of art from something as simple as
a gourd.
I have several large gourds I could work with but
I don't want to make anymore birdhouses out of them.
You must be very artistic!

Absolutely beautiful! I can admire beauty all day long, but to create it. Ain't happening.

That's why I was so proud of my herb planters. I think they look so pretty, but I was given the planters and bought one or two and one I got from my brother's house. I can't make squat! Between the herbs and the planters though, they sure are pretty. I'm going to try to raise them inside, but take outside everyday for a little sunlight. I'll cross my brown thumbs and hope they live.

:-)

“Guess where I hid the eggs???”

Since: Jan 12

Swinging Vine, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13231
Mar 17, 2013
 
I told Curlie I want a wood burning kit for my
BD~~
The deluxe model with different designs, etc.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13232
Mar 17, 2013
 
https://www.google.com/search...

My son gave me a bird bath. It's heavy, made of concrete. I was wondering if I should attempt to paint it. Any suggestions?

It's in the garage right now. Hubby said he was waiting to see if I wanted to paint it, but I'm afraid I'll mess it up. Also, I want my sons to pick it up and place in the yard because my hubby can't lift it or shouldn't be lifting it. I just don't want to ruin it. Maybe I should leave it as it is.`

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13233
Mar 17, 2013
 
rubygoober wrote:
I told Curlie I want a wood burning kit for my
BD~~
The deluxe model with different designs, etc.
I don't even know what you would do with a wood burning kit Ruby. What kind of designs do you etch? Sorry, I am a big duh concerning hobbies or crafts.

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13234
Mar 17, 2013
 
LizW wrote:
Thanks Mary. I'll check with her to make sure the link I gave her worked.
Isn't the trial about to wrap up soon? I stopped watching the Nancy Grace weekend updates a couple weeks ago but I thought after the juror's questions were answered that the trial was close to being over. <quoted text>
Hi Liz...The defense has their expert on the stand, no telling how many more days ole Nurmi will have him up there. I'm also pretty sure that Juan will put on a good rebuttal. I'm thinking maybe a couple weeks left. I haven't followed much of the media shows unless there is a friend or family member of Travis on the shows.

You still have snow on the ground there? It snowed last night for a while. I'm ready for spring flowers, aren't you??

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13235
Mar 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/acc...

I almost got stuck in this today, but a lady warned my husband about it at McDonalds, so we took the back roads to where we were going.

I hope this child is alright and the rest are okay too.

:-(

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13236
Mar 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/a-childan...

Touching story a 12-year-old faced.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13237
Mar 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Baby Found Dead At Clearwater Firestation
http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13...

Safe Haven laws were violated as this person didn't leave the baby with a live person.

Surely the baby was left there alive. I mean I can't see the point of leaving a dead baby at a fire station under the safe haven law. Why didn't this person make sure they left the baby with a live person?

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13238
Mar 18, 2013
 
Good Morning All

Tribe that's so sad about the baby. I'm wondering if it was a young teenager? Have there been any updates on the investigation?

I goggled the Kyron Hormon to see if there was any new developments. The biomom is suing the stepmom and either wants her to turn Kyron or his remains over. That was almost a year ago and I don't see where there's been any progress in that lawsuit.
I had forgotten that the stepmom tried to have Kyron's Dad killed in a murder for hire scheme. I can't tell if she was ever charged or not for that crime, but if she was she's still out on bail and living with her parents according to the articles I read. Kyron has been missing for almost 3 years.
Also remember the Stepmom had a baby with Kyron's Dad. One article said she had no contact with the baby and the other stated very limited. I'm not sure what the deal is there.
Essentially it sounds like this case hasn't had any new leads in a couple years.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13239
Mar 18, 2013
 
You don't have to sign up for Pinterest. You can just go to their website and look at the different ideas or things people have posted. There's some really clever ideas member's have posted. There's a bunch of different categories and sub categories. Some of the ideas or projects just require things you already have hanging around your house or garage.
This one member took 3 broken chairs and a bench. She put the three different backs of the chairs on the bench and refinished ( or painted ) it. Sounds crazy but looked wonderful.

I copied one idea where someone took a framed mirror and put it on a coffee table with books on top of it ( only I did it with perfume bottles on my dresser).

There's a gardening section where I bet you could find more info on your herbs and maybe some birdbath ideas.
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening Liz.
I put it on a shelf in my bedroom. It does look very pretty if I do say so myself. Hubby even thinks said it was pretty, which is a lot for him.
I've never got into the Pinterest thing yet. I'm not sure how it works.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13240
Mar 18, 2013
 
Hi Mary,

Before I forget did Koolaide show up yet? If not, let me know and I'll email her the link again. Hopefully I didn't screw it up and send her over to the American Idol site instead.

Wow it seems like this Jodi Arias trial has been going on forever. I know it's suppose to be self defense, but when exactly was he suppose to have attacked her? While he was showering??????
I did see a couple of Travis's friends with a video on Nancy Grace ( that weekend recap show). They were all over at someone's house and Jodi was taking a nap on Travis while he was telling the group some story. Does she have a history of mental health issues? I'll admit I haven't followed this trial closely but the woman seems like a real whack job.

Just patches of dirty snow here but we're suppose to get a more this afternoon. We don't but most of western NY has a winter weather advisory until tomorrow.
Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Liz...The defense has their expert on the stand, no telling how many more days ole Nurmi will have him up there. I'm also pretty sure that Juan will put on a good rebuttal. I'm thinking maybe a couple weeks left. I haven't followed much of the media shows unless there is a friend or family member of Travis on the shows.
You still have snow on the ground there? It snowed last night for a while. I'm ready for spring flowers, aren't you??

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13241
Mar 18, 2013
 
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Tribe that's so sad about the baby. I'm wondering if it was a young teenager? Have there been any updates on the investigation?
I goggled the Kyron Hormon to see if there was any new developments. The biomom is suing the stepmom and either wants her to turn Kyron or his remains over. That was almost a year ago and I don't see where there's been any progress in that lawsuit.
I had forgotten that the stepmom tried to have Kyron's Dad killed in a murder for hire scheme. I can't tell if she was ever charged or not for that crime, but if she was she's still out on bail and living with her parents according to the articles I read. Kyron has been missing for almost 3 years.
Also remember the Stepmom had a baby with Kyron's Dad. One article said she had no contact with the baby and the other stated very limited. I'm not sure what the deal is there.
Essentially it sounds like this case hasn't had any new leads in a couple years.
Good afternoon Liz.

The only thing I've heard is they're going to do an autopsy to see how the baby died. The umbilical cord was still attached. I guess they're investigating and will somehow find out who the baby belonged to and can tell if it was murder or death from being left out in the elements. I think the baby had to be alive and the person thought they were doing the right thing (as far as the Safe Haven Law), but it makes no sense to leave a defenseless newborn alone. He/She should have left it with a person and lawfully would have been doing the right thing. Now, this person will be charged. I guess if it was a very young girl she could have been too traumatized, but if she was smart enough to know the law, you think she would have been smart enough to make sure she put the baby in someone's arms.

I think we are all guilty of worrying about what others' think.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13242
Mar 18, 2013
 
LizW wrote:
You don't have to sign up for Pinterest. You can just go to their website and look at the different ideas or things people have posted. There's some really clever ideas member's have posted. There's a bunch of different categories and sub categories. Some of the ideas or projects just require things you already have hanging around your house or garage.
This one member took 3 broken chairs and a bench. She put the three different backs of the chairs on the bench and refinished ( or painted ) it. Sounds crazy but looked wonderful.
I copied one idea where someone took a framed mirror and put it on a coffee table with books on top of it ( only I did it with perfume bottles on my dresser).
There's a gardening section where I bet you could find more info on your herbs and maybe some birdbath ideas. <quoted text>
Are you sure? I thought you had to sign up to look.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13243
Mar 19, 2013
 
Good Morning All

Tribe did the news ever mention if the baby was full term? I'm thinking it was a young girl and she wanted the baby to be found. If it's all over the news down there chances are someone knows something and will step forward.

I'm not sure if you have to sign up or not to look at Pinterest. I'm a member but I think I was looking around the site prior to signing up. It's not a big deal to sign up. If I recall correctly all they do is ask for your email, and after they confirm your email they don't bother you with emails after that.
The reason I think people sign up is there's what they call a board there. Everyone has their own board. The site has 1000's of ideas. If you see something you like , just press like and it will go on your board so at a later date you can look at it again. It's a perfect idea for recipes, etc.
There's a gift section with different price categories. starting at 1.00 and going up. There's lot of cool gift ideas there, things you can buy or make , or even keep for yourself.

There's also sections for news, parenting, health tips, etc.
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure? I thought you had to sign up to look.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13244
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Good Morning Good Morning. Where is everyone??????

Mousie did you see where a dog in OKC discovered the body of a baby out in the woods and brought it home?

“Guess where I hid the eggs???”

Since: Jan 12

Swinging Vine, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13246
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

WhiteTrashBloger wrote:
<quoted text>
The crowd has dispersed...LOL Good moring Liz, if you read ^up you will see that you were the last one here....Um....that was yesterday morning...
It's just a case of many posters have moved on or left
posting on Topix for good.
It's pretty much over when people don't even care enough
to argue and bicker.
Like anything else in life~~the newness quickly wears off
and people move on to other things.
Nothing more, nothing less...

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13247
Mar 20, 2013
 
LizW wrote:
Good Morning Good Morning. Where is everyone??????
Mousie did you see where a dog in OKC discovered the body of a baby out in the woods and brought it home?
Hi Liz..yes I saw that ..they donot know where the dog
came up with it..they do not even know the age.
It was a rural farm land.

“Guess where I hid the eggs???”

Since: Jan 12

Swinging Vine, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13248
Mar 20, 2013
 
http://www.kentucky.com/2011/10/20/1928833/la...

Here's an article some may find interesting.
It's revolting but if you can stand it~~

Another case where the court system failed this
family, especially the little boy.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13249
Mar 21, 2013
 
Good Morning All

Mousie I looked and couldn't find any updates on the OKC baby story. From the sounds of it the baby had just recently been born, since the body was still intact. I'm kind of shocked they haven't release info on if the baby was born alive or dead by now unless they haven't yet done a autopsy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 12,301 - 12,320 of17,359
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••