Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

So far it's just been a little over a month but if things don't improve by this summer we'll talk about the driving lessons.

No, he hasn't had drivers ed. I think it's only for juniors and seniors who already have permits.

We haven't been driving since this weekend so my nerves have settled down a bit.
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Liz, maybe you should send him to driving school. Has he had Driver's Ed in school?
p.s. Praying helps too.
;-)
I should not make a joke. It sounds scary.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

LizW wrote:
Good Morning Tribe,
I agree with you and feel just awful for the kids who don't get the playing time. After a couple of years many of them just give up and quit the team. What's I find kind of sad is how I've seen some of the parents behave. It's mostly the Dad's and not only have I seen them get pissed off at their own kids, they say rude things about other players as well. As far as the coaches go instead of coming right out and saying who the starters are , slot players, second string, and other, it's all coded but after cuts are made and the kids all know what their code is and where they stand.
On the plus side it's not as political as scoring a parking permit for the student lot. LOL
Simply put at the high school level winning is everything. It all comes down to personal skill, practice and determination. Every time these kids move up from freshman to JV to Varsity there's already kids who have been on that team playing the same positions as your kid plays. Granted the coaches already have the 411 on the kids coming up and have scouted them but it gets fiercely competitive for those kids knowing they need to bring something to the table that's going to make the coach put them in a returning players spot. The game basically is a cadence and if the cadence is working there's no reason to break it. <quoted text>
I do understand that Liz. That is more competitive, and they can even win a sport's scholarship, but a park. I had a friend who lived behind me whose son used to play baseball with my oldest son. She knew how it was out here. She moved to Georgia, but she said at the park where her son played there they rotated every game, so ALL the children get to play.

My son was good. He always made All Stars, at least for the last 3 or 4 years he played, but I would watch those coaches and, like you said some of the parents, and they were beyond ridiculous. I don't know how grown men can take the kid's money and never let them play. It is to learn there, and it's a game. I know it's a man thing most of the time. This coach said, "You women just want to see your little darlings play! Sexist ass! You damn skippy! EVERYONE wants to see their own kid play. Did he think we were breaking our necks to get our kids to practice on time to watch HIS kid play?

:-)

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

BTW, good morning Liz, Ricky and all! I hope everyone has a wonderful day. It's gloomy looking outside and raining. For some reason today seems like Sunday to me. I hear everyone complaining about turning the clocks up this weekend. I like it. We get a little extra daylight, which I like. I guess to each his own.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

My #2 son and his girlfriend have a really nice bird bath outside in their yard. They told me I could have it. They don't act like they care for it one way or the other. Now gotta get hubby to haul that sucker home for me. ;-) It's very heavy! I love it.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

LizW wrote:
Hi Ricky,
It might be just me but the link doesn't work.<quoted text>
Sorry, it was working, maybe they took it down?

Here's another one that's funny this time, hopefully it will work...it's nothing bad

Honking At Hookers

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

LizW wrote:
So far it's just been a little over a month but if things don't improve by this summer we'll talk about the driving lessons.
No, he hasn't had drivers ed. I think it's only for juniors and seniors who already have permits.
We haven't been driving since this weekend so my nerves have settled down a bit.<quoted text>
I always thought my kids, at least when I drove with them, were pretty good drivers. However, both my oldest son and my daughter dogged their cars out. My son destroyed his Honda. It was beautiful, and I spent too much on it. My daughter let others drive her car. It was definitely not as costly (a little used Malibu). They destroyed it.

I bought the wrong two a car, seems I do everything ass backwards. My #2 son shows no interest in driving. He had seizure for a time as a teenager, but he's been declared seizure free for years, but I'm not going to push him. I talked to driver's ed instructor at the school. He had pictures of kids from the high school who were killed over the years. He told me if my son was acting hesitant not to push him. I respected his opinion, and it still makes sense to me. If he was hurt because I pushed him, I'd never forgive myself.

My youngest son bought his own car. I am paying the insurance as it is quite costly and he's planning on going to Jr. College in the fall.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

LizW wrote:
We haven't been driving since this weekend so my nerves have settled down a bit.<quoted text>
I do feel for ya though Liz. I was always nervous when they started driving and still worry, just not as bad as at first.

“A lady never discusses the ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

size of her yarn stash

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>You're in Wichita Falls? I'm right down the street basically lol
I am? You are?
Hey, I just now found out I'm in Wichita Falls...but let's do lunch!

Level 8

size of her yarn stash

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I do feel for ya though Liz. I was always nervous when they started driving and still worry, just not as bad as at first.
I have a few more years left and I'm already nervous. I keep hoping they change the age to 18 before then.

Level 8

size of her yarn stash

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

I see y'all talking about the parents. There is a group I call the meanie moms and let me just tell you...some of them are NUTS.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
I am? You are?
Hey, I just now found out I'm in Wichita Falls...but let's do lunch!
i thought I read a couple days ago that someone here (you?) we're in Wichita Falls? I'm in Texas is why I mentioned it.

Level 8

size of her yarn stash

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>i thought I read a couple days ago that someone here (you?) we're in Wichita Falls? I'm in Texas is why I mentioned it.
I saw them saying that.
LOL you know how topix is...
Sometimes I'm in places that I've never even been to and sometimes I am even different posters...heck there was one time that I was everyone posting on this thread!

I just never know where I'll wake up or who I'll be next ;)

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

LOL......I love it.

Thanks.
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, it was working, maybe they took it down?
Here's another one that's funny this time, hopefully it will work...it's nothing bad
Honking At Hookers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XEos0ej9CEYXX&feature=you tube_gdata_player

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw them saying that.
LOL you know how topix is...
Sometimes I'm in places that I've never even been to and sometimes I am even different posters...heck there was one time that I was everyone posting on this thread!
I just never know where I'll wake up or who I'll be next ;)
lol!

I have a troll on another thread who swears I'm another poster, but it's not me.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

LizW wrote:
LOL......I love it.
Thanks.<quoted text>
Glad you liked it!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Tribe that's great. What does your son plan on studying? You're right about not pushing your son into driving if he's not ready or interested. I have a cousin who's in her 40's and just got a license a couple years ago. She just never liked the idea of driving and still rarely drives.

My daughter always took care of her car. I gave her my jeep when it was a little over a year old. She had it all thru high school, college and it finally gave out the last year of law school but by that time it had almost over 200K miles on it.
The older boy's started out with cars that were already 2-3 years old and by the time they were finished with them they were ready for the junk pile. Currently Zach's car is sitting in the driveway as I try to figure out if it's worth getting fixed ( mechanical issues) again. He's bring it in this week and getting a estimate. Even the dents have dents, but then again he has had it for 5 years.
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I always thought my kids, at least when I drove with them, were pretty good drivers. However, both my oldest son and my daughter dogged their cars out. My son destroyed his Honda. It was beautiful, and I spent too much on it. My daughter let others drive her car. It was definitely not as costly (a little used Malibu). They destroyed it.
I bought the wrong two a car, seems I do everything ass backwards. My #2 son shows no interest in driving. He had seizure for a time as a teenager, but he's been declared seizure free for years, but I'm not going to push him. I talked to driver's ed instructor at the school. He had pictures of kids from the high school who were killed over the years. He told me if my son was acting hesitant not to push him. I respected his opinion, and it still makes sense to me. If he was hurt because I pushed him, I'd never forgive myself.
My youngest son bought his own car. I am paying the insurance as it is quite costly and he's planning on going to Jr. College in the fall.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

LOL@ breaking your asses to watch his kids play. I hear you.

Tribe it must run different here. My kids all played for the town when they little. You pay a fee and everyone got equal playing time or close to it. I swear the town football was the worse. They had practice every night except Friday. Then there was Saturday practice and Sunday games. The older boy's were okay with it but Noah only did it for a year. It was just too much for him and he was almost in tears; and fighting with me every night about it. Not to mention I had to coach bitching at me because Noah was moaning at every practice that he broke his arm, leg, back, eye brow, etc, etc. It was a nightmare. On top of that you had to sell 150.00 worth of candy or just buy it outright for 100.00.
It was BS.

Oh and that coach that was always bitching and me and hinting that Noah should just quit the team, however I was adamant that he had to finish what he started. His son is on Noah's team now and I have never once heard him ( the Dad) cheer for Noah or say good job. Granted Noah was a pain in the butt but still.
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I do understand that Liz. That is more competitive, and they can even win a sport's scholarship, but a park. I had a friend who lived behind me whose son used to play baseball with my oldest son. She knew how it was out here. She moved to Georgia, but she said at the park where her son played there they rotated every game, so ALL the children get to play.
My son was good. He always made All Stars, at least for the last 3 or 4 years he played, but I would watch those coaches and, like you said some of the parents, and they were beyond ridiculous. I don't know how grown men can take the kid's money and never let them play. It is to learn there, and it's a game. I know it's a man thing most of the time. This coach said, "You women just want to see your little darlings play! Sexist ass! You damn skippy! EVERYONE wants to see their own kid play. Did he think we were breaking our necks to get our kids to practice on time to watch HIS kid play?

“waiting for Topix to change---”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

I just read where Dennis Rodman wants to meet the
Pope.
What's up with that creepy guy?
It's embarrassing for the USA to have this self-proclaimed ambassador running around like a clown.
jmo~he looks nasty to me and I sure wouldn't want
my children thinking of him as a role model.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

LizW wrote:
Tribe that's great. What does your son plan on studying? You're right about not pushing your son into driving if he's not ready or interested. I have a cousin who's in her 40's and just got a license a couple years ago. She just never liked the idea of driving and still rarely drives.
My daughter always took care of her car. I gave her my jeep when it was a little over a year old. She had it all thru high school, college and it finally gave out the last year of law school but by that time it had almost over 200K miles on it.
The older boy's started out with cars that were already 2-3 years old and by the time they were finished with them they were ready for the junk pile. Currently Zach's car is sitting in the driveway as I try to figure out if it's worth getting fixed ( mechanical issues) again. He's bring it in this week and getting a estimate. Even the dents have dents, but then again he has had it for 5 years.
<quoted text>
Love that Liz, even the dents have dents.

Health and nutrition at jr college. He wants to eventually be a personal trainer. He is very into physical fitness. I saw a picture on my computer of this handsome guy with a good body. I put my glasses on and was shocked that it was my son. I guess I don't think of him that way, but I saved that picture to my favorites as is lookin' good. I haven't taken too many pictures lately as my 35mm was stolen several years ago. He just gave me his digital camera, but I've got to learn to use it. I've gotta practice, need to get into the 21st century.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

rubygoober wrote:
I just read where Dennis Rodman wants to meet the
Pope.
What's up with that creepy guy?
It's embarrassing for the USA to have this self-proclaimed ambassador running around like a clown.
jmo~he looks nasty to me and I sure wouldn't want
my children thinking of him as a role model.
There is something odd/off about him. WTH was that bs with him meeting the N Korean leader, what's his name, freak of nature?

;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando