Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Oklahoma City, OK

#12473 Feb 6, 2013
GM all...Liz you gave TM some great ideal's.
One thing I have learned as I have gotten older
is just be yourself.
If you try to clean a house or cook like some one
else you will just be fake and it will come across
that way.
I am what I am. Take it or leave it.
TM has given them the best by loving and caring for
their son and brother..that is all I would want for
my son.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#12474 Feb 6, 2013
I Be Mousie wrote:
<quoted text>
You will be fine..Just eating some one else cooking makes it
taste better..Try fixing something that you can prepare ahead of
time.
They love you and would not have come back this year if they did
not have a good time last year.
I miss having family left. Other than my kids I only have a brother
who lives in Hawaii.
You will do fine....
Thank you Mousie. You have a kind heart, and I hope you're right. They've never been anything but pleasant to me so I'm going to try to believe you're right. I think I'm just unnerved because I know how beautiful they keep house and have tasted their cooking.

I've always felt the same way about my two older sisters, one is 15 years older the other 11 years older. I put them both on a pedestal and still do to this day.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#12475 Feb 6, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
LG the player didn't know the camera was following him and said right after they won that it was F*ing great or awesome. They probably all drop the F bomb on the field except for maybe Tim Tebow.
Tribe glad your friends granddaughter is out of jail. I'm not big on company either, especially when they stay for days at a time. Do you have to entertain them the entire time or do they explore the city for part of the time?
What about making lasagna that you can freeze ahead of time and then just give them a salad. That would be low-keyed and not a lot of stress.
How about looking on the net for some type of fancy crockpot recipe you could throw together in the morning and then just give the some french bread with it.
Do you have to make them lunch too?
What I've done when there's a group pf people over and we also did this on the day my daughter got married. Just buy a loaf of french bread and make you own sub. Then cut it into little piece and use fancy toothpicks. Make a simple fruit salad and a pasta salad..........then tell them you have a headache and need to rest. Let hubby amuse them.
Liz, you're ideas ARE pretty good. Maybe I'll make some Spanish Bean Soup and have my husband and son whip up some Cuban Sandwiches. I could make some Beef Stew with Yellow Rice ahead of time too. My mother-in-law loves yellow rice.

Thanks for the tips.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#12476 Feb 6, 2013
p.s. Last year they went to the beach. We really didn't want to go, but I will this year if they want to. We also went to the antique shops in downtown Plant City. They have a few beautiful, quaint antique shops there. There used to be more years ago. They also (his sisters) visited a winery near my home and went to a taste testing event and bought wine to take home. We didn't go, but they seemed to have a good time doing their thing.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#12477 Feb 6, 2013
Figarooo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello TM! Thank you! It is nice to see you!
Good afternoon Figarooo! Drop by more often. Between some of us regulars and a sock or two, we make a pretty good group. I just wish some of the regulars could visit more often.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#12478 Feb 6, 2013
janeschinhair wrote:
<quoted text>
I would tell them to stay a hotel and to get their own meals. Those people sound like a big pain in the butt. Jmo.
Nah! They probably thought that years ago when we went up there with our kids when they were small. It's payback time.

:-)

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#12479 Feb 6, 2013
I Be Mousie wrote:
GM all...Liz you gave TM some great ideal's.
One thing I have learned as I have gotten older
is just be yourself.
If you try to clean a house or cook like some one
else you will just be fake and it will come across
that way.
I am what I am. Take it or leave it.
TM has given them the best by loving and caring for
their son and brother..that is all I would want for
my son.
Mousie, I appreciate your thoughts. We have been for 29 years this year. I'm sure glad he loves me warts and all, and he is my rock in this life.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#12482 Feb 7, 2013
Good Morning All

Nice to meet you Figaroo.

Noah wanted to stop going to a pediatric dentist so yesterday I took him to his first dental appointment with a the new dentist who was a referral from the old dentist.
Now most times we're in and out fast and walk away with a new toothbrush a small tube of toothpaste.

We walk in the office and there's a bunch of plaques and framed articles on the wall. The dentist's father was one of the first black dentists in some city in Arkansas back in the 1950's. So after I checked Noah in and we sat down. The receptionist just happens to be the Dentists daughter. It just Me, Noah and some old guy in the waiting room. The daughter comes out with a silver tray, cups and saucers ( not mugs or paper cups) and gives us all chamomile tea. Then she comes back a couple minutes later with her silver tray and is giving us all chap sticks. Then Noah goes in and gets his cleaning and check-up and comes out with a full sized gift bag. Next as we're getting ready to leave the Dentist comes out. He was telling me all about his Dad, took me back to his office and was showing me a portrait of his Mother. Noah liked the Dentist and said he knew a lot about football and the hygienist told him his boots were "Fly" so that scored big points with him. Then I get home and I have two emails one from him and one from his daughter asking about the visit and asking me to visit their FB page. Now I need to remember next time Noah has a appointment to allow at least 2 hours and I feel like I should also bring them a gift or something.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#12483 Feb 7, 2013
He's lucky to have you too Tribe.
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Mousie, I appreciate your thoughts. We have been for 29 years this year. I'm sure glad he loves me warts and all, and he is my rock in this life.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#12484 Feb 7, 2013
Remember I told you about my little GF across the street and her sister. I just found out yesterday that her parents separated and the Mom took the girl's and moved out. I feel awful for those kids.
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Figgy.
Did you see that Jane chin hair? Just so you know... That little booger is not my sock and I have no idea who that is. LOL
It seems pretty harmless tho, so far.
I'm going to go shave now!

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#12486 Feb 7, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Nice to meet you Figaroo.
Noah wanted to stop going to a pediatric dentist so yesterday I took him to his first dental appointment with a the new dentist who was a referral from the old dentist.
Now most times we're in and out fast and walk away with a new toothbrush a small tube of toothpaste.
We walk in the office and there's a bunch of plaques and framed articles on the wall. The dentist's father was one of the first black dentists in some city in Arkansas back in the 1950's. So after I checked Noah in and we sat down. The receptionist just happens to be the Dentists daughter. It just Me, Noah and some old guy in the waiting room. The daughter comes out with a silver tray, cups and saucers ( not mugs or paper cups) and gives us all chamomile tea. Then she comes back a couple minutes later with her silver tray and is giving us all chap sticks. Then Noah goes in and gets his cleaning and check-up and comes out with a full sized gift bag. Next as we're getting ready to leave the Dentist comes out. He was telling me all about his Dad, took me back to his office and was showing me a portrait of his Mother. Noah liked the Dentist and said he knew a lot about football and the hygienist told him his boots were "Fly" so that scored big points with him. Then I get home and I have two emails one from him and one from his daughter asking about the visit and asking me to visit their FB page. Now I need to remember next time Noah has a appointment to allow at least 2 hours and I feel like I should also bring them a gift or something.
Sounds like a small-town country doctor Liz.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#12487 Feb 7, 2013
LizW wrote:
He's lucky to have you too Tribe.<quoted text>
Thanks Liz! We're both lucky.

Good morning! Good morning all.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#12488 Feb 7, 2013
Good morning everyone~~
There are two things Curlie will not mess with and
willingly hand it over to the pro's...
Electricity and the computer.
Curlie has a healthy respect for the power of electricity ie death.
Computer problems are annoying especially if you've
tried every home remedy you can think of and nothing seems to work. Time to hand it over to
the pro's.
What's this about me having something to do with the blackout during the Super Bowl??????

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#12489 Feb 7, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>Anytime,
but if Ruby says anything nice about me, I'll claim I was possessed.
;)
Better late than never hu Mav?
I can usually get you straightened out with a couple of whiffle
bat knocks...
:O)

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#12490 Feb 7, 2013
Hello to Figgy~~
Welcome, I don't think I've seen you post here before...

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Oklahoma City, OK

#12491 Feb 7, 2013
Oh good Ruby is back...now we were not sure you
had any thing to do with the black out. But you
were not here to defend yourself so we just said maybe.

I thought the bad weather was over but looks like
the east will be getting a real blast.
We have had really nice weather..may get a little
snow Tues.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#12492 Feb 7, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Good morning everyone~~
tried every home remedy you can think of and nothing seems to work. Time to hand it over to
the pro's.
What's this about me having something to do with the blackout during the Super Bowl??????
Good to see you back Ruby.

That was a pretty cool trick you knocking that power out. Almost through Baltimore's momentum off. Is that why the quarterback let out that F bomb?
;-)

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#12493 Feb 7, 2013
Hi Ruby, Glad to see you back.

You probably tried this but a few months ago when I was having a bunch of computer issues and kept bringing it in to be fixed nothing was really wrong with the computer. It ended up being my router.
rubygoober wrote:
Good morning everyone~~
the pro's.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#12494 Feb 7, 2013
The QB dropped the F bomb after they won because he was happy. He said " this is F*ing awesome"

It was one of those heat of the moment things. Last fall Noah recovered a fumble and pretty much had to run the entire field for a TD with two players from the other team within inches of him as he ran. It was so tense when it was over I realized I was squeezing some lady's knee that was sitting next to me. After I realized what I was doing I said I was sorry and explained Noah was my son, she said she figured that's why I was so excited.
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you back Ruby.
That was a pretty cool trick you knocking that power out. Almost through Baltimore's momentum off. Is that why the quarterback let out that F bomb?
;-)

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#12495 Feb 7, 2013
We're only suppose to get a few inches here but I just read where Boston might get up to two feet.
The gas and electric company already called here a little while ago saying to be prepared in case we lost power.
I Be Mousie wrote:
Oh good Ruby is back...now we were not sure you
had any thing to do with the black out. But you
were not here to defend yourself so we just said maybe.
I thought the bad weather was over but looks like
the east will be getting a real blast.
We have had really nice weather..may get a little
snow Tues.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Bluestater 1,263,863
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 8 min Rex Spector 501,483
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 38 min LizW 72,449
two words (Jul '10) 5 hr CJ Rocker 27,331
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 5 hr CJ Rocker 12,716
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,358
News Dining Detour: Restaurants near Nassau Coliseum (Jan '09) 7 hr Joan 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages