“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#12385 Feb 2, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, TM. It was actually written by retired Mass Senator, Robert Hall in '09. Recent emails are attributing it to Cosby.
I believe Cosby wrote a simialr piece more recently.
Thanks Murph!

;-)

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#12386 Feb 2, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph!!!!!!!!!! The pleasure is all ours. Have you tried the different colored lights in the tub yet? I was wondering do you have to get in the tub first without any water and wait for it to fill? That would be a pain in the ass.
Kind of like the front loading washing machines. I think I'm the only one I know who doesn't have one. They just wouldn't work out for me. Many times I like to pause the washer and then maybe add more clothes. I REFUSE to convert.

Last night the boy's worked the parking lot and never got home until after 2. Zach said there was a mad rush at the bar starting at about 9pm. I can tell I'm turning into a old bag when the idea of going out at 9PM on a stormy night with temps in the teens just is not my idea of a good time.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#12387 Feb 2, 2013
I found a page on FB with a bunch of cool pic from things from the 70's and 80's. Brings back lots of memories.

When my sister's mother-in-law went to a nursing home my sister and I cleaned out her house and there was a box full of green stamp books. The books were filled but the MIL never redeemed the books. Meanwhile green stamps had been out of business for probably 30 years. I wonder why she went to the trouble of saving them but never used them.TM did your Mom use to save the green stamps ( and I think there were yellow ones too)?
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Murph!
;-)

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#12388 Feb 2, 2013
Tribe I changed my avatar. I think you'll like the new one. It's a blast from the past that I bet you haven't thought about in many years.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#12389 Feb 2, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph!!!!!!!!!! The pleasure is all ours. Have you tried the different colored lights in the tub yet? I was wondering do you have to get in the tub first without any water and wait for it to fill? That would be a pain in the ass.
Kind of like the front loading washing machines. I think I'm the only one I know who doesn't have one. They just wouldn't work out for me. Many times I like to pause the washer and then maybe add more clothes. I REFUSE to convert.
Last night the boy's worked the parking lot and never got home until after 2. Zach said there was a mad rush at the bar starting at about 9pm. I can tell I'm turning into a old bag when the idea of going out at 9PM on a stormy night with temps in the teens just is not my idea of a good time.
Good morning Liz!

I hate to tell ya, but you're not the last of the Mohicans. I too still use top loading washer. I also add detergent, article of clothing, pre-treatment, etc. I'm sure I'll convert one day, but not soon. As long as I can pre-soak and run a second rinse I guess I'll be alright. How about the new washers that come without agitators now? I wonder if they clean as well. They all tout higher efficiency.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#12390 Feb 2, 2013
LizW wrote:
I found a page on FB with a bunch of cool pic from things from the 70's and 80's. Brings back lots of memories.
When my sister's mother-in-law went to a nursing home my sister and I cleaned out her house and there was a box full of green stamp books. The books were filled but the MIL never redeemed the books. Meanwhile green stamps had been out of business for probably 30 years. I wonder why she went to the trouble of saving them but never used them.TM did your Mom use to save the green stamps ( and I think there were yellow ones too)? <quoted text>
My mom never saved green stamps, however she saved Top Value (the yellow) stamps. I never remember her redeeming them for anything. I saved S & H Green Stamps. The only thing I ever remember redeeming them for was a very nice dictionary for my step-daughter.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#12391 Feb 2, 2013
LizW wrote:
Tribe I changed my avatar. I think you'll like the new one. It's a blast from the past that I bet you haven't thought about in many years.
You've got me wondering.

:-)

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#12392 Feb 2, 2013
LizW wrote:
Same here. It's wicked cold outside. The boy's are both outside working the parking lot tonight. Hopefully it won't get too busy and they'll get to leave early.
Did you say your friend knows what agency was used for the adoption? I know you already told me some of her info but how does she know that's true? Who told her that much?
My brother-in-law was adopted and he found his birth mother. Let me ask my sister how he went about it. I know he didn't get any help from his parents. He never knew he was adopted until he was a teenager and another kid at school told him. Whenever he tried to confront his parents about it his Dad wouldn't talk about it and his Mom would run to another room and start crying. <quoted text>
Yes she knows the agency, they want thousands just to send a letter out to her biological mother asking for permission to give my friend info. If it is found out her birth mother is deceased they won't tell her any info or even if she has other family members. Her adoptive parents gave her little info. They were okay with her looking for her biological family. They are both deceased now. Her biological mother would be 76. She knows the date, time and hospital she was born in. Contacted the hospital and found out she was the only baby born that day but they will not give any info out. She knows where her biological mother and father were employed at the time of her birth but can't get any info from there either. I told her I think she can petition the court to open those records.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#12393 Feb 2, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph!!!!!!!!!! The pleasure is all ours. Have you tried the different colored lights in the tub yet? I was wondering do you have to get in the tub first without any water and wait for it to fill? That would be a pain in the ass.
Kind of like the front loading washing machines. I think I'm the only one I know who doesn't have one. They just wouldn't work out for me. Many times I like to pause the washer and then maybe add more clothes. I REFUSE to convert.
Last night the boy's worked the parking lot and never got home until after 2. Zach said there was a mad rush at the bar starting at about 9pm. I can tell I'm turning into a old bag when the idea of going out at 9PM on a stormy night with temps in the teens just is not my idea of a good time.
Liz, so far that tub is a major disappointment. Heehee--the light button is the only thing my hands will work. my son came and stayed so someonnne would be here when I first tried it. I discovered that, although I had been assured that the controls were so easy that I could operate them with my elbows if necessary, I struggle for two or three minutes with each one. So far, 6 other people have tried the door, drain, etc., and it is not just my hands. They are Very Hard to operate.
I called the sales rep and he called me back saying he had reported it and someone from the tech team is going to call me, then come and fix it.
Yes, I have to sit there on the hard seat while 65 gallons of water fill the tub. The massage jets will work work with less water. Also have to stand there freezing while the tub drains.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#12394 Feb 2, 2013
National Wear Red Day 10th Anniversary Event
http://www.goredforwomen.org/about-heart-dise...

Since yesterday was the 10th anniversary of the National Wear Red Day For Women, I thought maybe some of you would be interested in joining or reading about the #1 killer of women.

We need to stick together and take care of each other.

:-)

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Since: Apr 12

Here, There, and Everywhere,..

#12395 Feb 2, 2013
Well Tribe Mom, we meet again,...

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#12396 Feb 2, 2013
Something is bothering me that is none of my business. My ex-neighbor, who moved to Georgia last year, has a granddaughter who is emotionally disturbed (always classified as SED = severely emotionally disturbed) in school. She is the same age as my daughter, actually 8 months older.

She was arrested 2 days ago. It'll be almost 3 after midnight for shoplifting. She has a bond which is only 50.00. I don't understand why no one in her family has bonded her out of jail. I am guessing (from past experience being around them) they're trying to teach her a lesson, however I don't think someone in her mental state would learn a lesson as you or I would. I imagine she's totally freaked out and afraid.

I don't dare call and tell her grandmother. She's over 80 and her daughter would be mad as hell at me for telling her. She would be mad at me for NOT telling her if she finds out I knew. I feel so bad for this poor girl. She has so many problems.

As much as I would like to tell her grandmother (my friend), I HAVE to mind my own business as I've lived next to all of them almost 20 years at the end of this year. It is getting to me thinking about her being in jail. It is just not right (to me.) Don't jails usually let a person out after a few days if the crime isn't considered to be that serious and the person has no family or anyone to bond them out? Does anyone know?

“Gone to the beach”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Pass the sun tan lotion

#12397 Feb 2, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
Something is bothering me that is none of my business. My ex-neighbor, who moved to Georgia last year, has a granddaughter who is emotionally disturbed (always classified as SED = severely emotionally disturbed) in school. She is the same age as my daughter, actually 8 months older.
She was arrested 2 days ago. It'll be almost 3 after midnight for shoplifting. She has a bond which is only 50.00. I don't understand why no one in her family has bonded her out of jail. I am guessing (from past experience being around them) they're trying to teach her a lesson, however I don't think someone in her mental state would learn a lesson as you or I would. I imagine she's totally freaked out and afraid.
I don't dare call and tell her grandmother. She's over 80 and her daughter would be mad as hell at me for telling her. She would be mad at me for NOT telling her if she finds out I knew. I feel so bad for this poor girl. She has so many problems.
As much as I would like to tell her grandmother (my friend), I HAVE to mind my own business as I've lived next to all of them almost 20 years at the end of this year. It is getting to me thinking about her being in jail. It is just not right (to me.) Don't jails usually let a person out after a few days if the crime isn't considered to be that serious and the person has no family or anyone to bond them out? Does anyone know?
I usually stay out of other families' problems.
You could call the jail and find out what usually happens to cases like that.

But if you feel you really must say something....

(I really hope you don't get involved though)

Call the daughter, tell her that you are concerned for the welfare of the granddaughter. Stay on the subject of the granddaughter. Make it short and if she starts getting argumentative tell her you apologize for saying anything and hang up.

This way, you tried to help, you stayed out of most of the family trouble and your conscious will be clear.

JMO

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#12399 Feb 3, 2013
Good Morning All

Shuaw is your Mom feeling any better?

Tribe did you have the haor ribbons from my avatar? I remember wearing them in grammer school and middle school. I hadn't thought about them in years until I saw someone post the pic.

Murph I hate to say this but your tub sounds like a pain in the ass( but it looks pretty). Is it working out any better for you?

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#12400 Feb 3, 2013
Missy I bet there's some type of local support group that could help your friend out. I thought years ago they passed some laws to make it easier for adoptee's to find out info on their birth parents.
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes she knows the agency, they want thousands just to send a letter out to her biological mother asking for permission to give my friend info. If it is found out her birth mother is deceased they won't tell her any info or even if she has other family members. Her adoptive parents gave her little info. They were okay with her looking for her biological family. They are both deceased now. Her biological mother would be 76. She knows the date, time and hospital she was born in. Contacted the hospital and found out she was the only baby born that day but they will not give any info out. She knows where her biological mother and father were employed at the time of her birth but can't get any info from there either. I told her I think she can petition the court to open those records.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#12401 Feb 3, 2013
Tribe I'm not sure how the jail deal works but given that the girl has mental health issues and jail is probably not the best place to be and also that you've know the grandmother for so long, I think I would let her know what's going on. Or maybe call the daughter and just take a different approach. Tell her you heard about her daughter being in the jail and you know she must be scared and feeling unnerved. Then see if she needs someone to go down to the jail with her or needs help with the bail money?
tribe mom wrote:
Something is bothering me that is none of my business. My ex-neighbor, who moved to Georgia last year, has a granddaughter who is emotionally disturbed (always classified as SED = severely emotionally disturbed) in school. She is the same age as my daughter, actually 8 months older.
She was arrested 2 days ago. It'll be almost 3 after midnight for shoplifting. She has a bond which is only 50.00. I don't understand why no one in her family has bonded her out of jail. I am guessing (from past experience being around them) they're trying to teach her a lesson, however I don't think someone in her mental state would learn a lesson as you or I would. I imagine she's totally freaked out and afraid.
I don't dare call and tell her grandmother. She's over 80 and her daughter would be mad as hell at me for telling her. She would be mad at me for NOT telling her if she finds out I knew. I feel so bad for this poor girl. She has so many problems.
As much as I would like to tell her grandmother (my friend), I HAVE to mind my own business as I've lived next to all of them almost 20 years at the end of this year. It is getting to me thinking about her being in jail. It is just not right (to me.) Don't jails usually let a person out after a few days if the crime isn't considered to be that serious and the person has no family or anyone to bond them out? Does anyone know?

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#12402 Feb 3, 2013
Hi Jae. Nice to see you. Hope your winter has been going well.
Crazy Jae wrote:
Well Tribe Mom, we meet again,...

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Since: Apr 12

Here, There, and Everywhere,..

#12403 Feb 3, 2013
Good Evening Lizw. Been cold with very little snow so far with a few nice warming days here and there,...

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#12404 Feb 3, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>I usually stay out of other families' problems.
You could call the jail and find out what usually happens to cases like that.
But if you feel you really must say something....
(I really hope you don't get involved though)
Call the daughter, tell her that you are concerned for the welfare of the granddaughter. Stay on the subject of the granddaughter. Make it short and if she starts getting argumentative tell her you apologize for saying anything and hang up.
This way, you tried to help, you stayed out of most of the family trouble and your conscious will be clear.
JMO

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Hi Mav 808! Thank you!

I AM going to have to mind my business this time. I just check and she's still in jail. I can't imagine what her mother is thinking though. This woman has been to jail (many times) in her adult life, so she knows how it is. I can't imagine anyone letting their emotionally disturbed daughter stay in jail like that, especially knowing the way her mother came to her rescue when she was in jail all those times. I watched her mother raise her kids. I expected better from her, but I guess I was fooled. I only feel for her daughter.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#12405 Feb 3, 2013
LizW wrote:
Tribe I'm not sure how the jail deal works but given that the girl has mental health issues and jail is probably not the best place to be and also that you've know the grandmother for so long, I think I would let her know what's going on. Or maybe call the daughter and just take a different approach. Tell her you heard about her daughter being in the jail and you know she must be scared and feeling unnerved. Then see if she needs someone to go down to the jail with her or needs help with the bail money?<quoted text>
Hi Liz!

In a world that is running in a right direction I would follow your advice, but I let this woman's son live with me for more than couple of years off and on when she was going through all her shenanigans. She would be totally PO and turned off if I stuck my nose in her business again. She would NEVER forgive me if I let her mother in Savannah know.

I expected more from this mom after all these years. This girl is going to have a tough road to hoe the rest of her life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RealDave 1,234,068
Angahard...... 46 min A duck 4
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr RealBenjam in 498,151
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr zazz 97,264
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 2 hr Princess Hey 4,538
two words (Jul '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 27,268
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 12,580
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]