|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Tribe I am so very sorry. I am glad you posted
to let us know. You are not venting. You know
we are cyber family when ever you need us.

Please do not blame yourself. You know that life
and death is in God's hand and we can not change
the plan.
My prayers will be with you. I know you hurt
I so wish I could reach out and hug you.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Dear Tribe,

I'm so very sorry to hear about your brother. He's at peace now and reunited with your sister in Heaven where they will have everlasting life with the Lord.

You and your family are in my prayers.
tribe mom wrote:
Hello everybody!
My "New Year" hasn't started off so hot. It's been a while since I've had a meltdown here, so forgive me for venting.
My sister and brother-in-law went over to check on my brother because they hadn't heard from him on the phone. That isn't like him. My brother-in-law knocked repeatedly but couldn't get my brother to answer the door. He jimmied (sp?) the back door open and went inside. My brother was lying on the floor dead. I think he must have fallen out of his wheelchair as there was blood on the floor. The medical examiner's office said he'd probably been there about 2 days. They're going to do an autopsy as there are laws about people dying at home if they haven't been seen by a doctor in a certain amount of time.
I am heartsick and of course feel guilty. My brother was one pain in the ass, but I loved him. I didn't realize how much until right now. I was always close to him, but after he had his stroke he would say things, mean awful things, and I just got tired of hearing it, so I kind of neglected to call him as often as I had in the past. So be good to your loved ones. None of us guaranteed tomorrow.
It feels so strange to think of my brother dead. I hope he is at peace now.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Mousie you're the best!
I Be Mousie wrote:
the plan.

“Elegant Roses”

Since: Jun 09

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Tribe, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are prayers are with you.

Since: Jan 12

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Ruby. Everything will be alright once it sinks in. I just can't imagine him gone, not being here, you know what I mean. Thank you.
Again, I'm so sorry for your loss, Tribe~~
I was thinking about a woman I know who lives in Florida and had
a benign brain tumor. It was successfully removed BUT it changed
her personality.
It sounds like your brother survived death when he had the stroke but it changed his personality, too.
Even in today's modern medicine there's so much we don't know about the brain.

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

GM...all. Tribe please take care of yourself
during the next few weeks.I know you will be
going thru a very rough time.

“"Where the weak are....”

Level 4

Since: Mar 10

killed and eaten"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

I'm really sorry about your brother, Tribe. If I can do anything for you, please let me know.

Level 6

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

LizW wrote:
Mousie you're the best!<quoted text>
Thank you Liz.It took me a very long time to understand God
plan.If you truly belive in God you cannot pick and choose
your role in the plan.
I use to think that my children was just that my children.
Then I learn that they were still God children and he could
call them home at any time.Nothing I could do would change that.
My part in the plan was to love them and prepare them for the
return to God.
Death is so hard on the ones left behind but such a beautiful
time for the ones called home.
This is my belief and no one else has to agree with me.
Each person can and should have their own belief.

“A lady never discusses the ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

size of her yarn stash

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

tribe mom wrote:
Hello everybody!
My "New Year" hasn't started off so hot. It's been a while since I've had a meltdown here, so forgive me for venting.
My sister and brother-in-law went over to check on my brother because they hadn't heard from him on the phone. That isn't like him. My brother-in-law knocked repeatedly but couldn't get my brother to answer the door. He jimmied (sp?) the back door open and went inside. My brother was lying on the floor dead. I think he must have fallen out of his wheelchair as there was blood on the floor. The medical examiner's office said he'd probably been there about 2 days. They're going to do an autopsy as there are laws about people dying at home if they haven't been seen by a doctor in a certain amount of time.
I am heartsick and of course feel guilty. My brother was one pain in the ass, but I loved him. I didn't realize how much until right now. I was always close to him, but after he had his stroke he would say things, mean awful things, and I just got tired of hearing it, so I kind of neglected to call him as often as I had in the past. So be good to your loved ones. None of us guaranteed tomorrow.
It feels so strange to think of my brother dead. I hope he is at peace now.
I'm sory for your loss, Tmom.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Tribe,

I am so sorry to read of the loss of your brother. Please don't beat yourself up thinking there was more you could have done for him. Everyone that has posted with you on Topix, knows how much you loved him and how attentive you were to his needs, I'm sure he did too.

My prayers are with you and your family. Remember the good times growing up with him. He no longer has any pain, will always live in your heart and one day you will be reunited again.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

I Be Mousie wrote:
the plan.
Thank you Mousie. I can feel your cyber hug. I too believe everything happens in God's perfect timing. My brother has been miserable living alone and pining away for my mother. I think he would have went totally insane when my mother passes away. She'll be 93 in April. We aren't not going to tell her. I don't know if she would understand, but it would serve no purpose as she worried about what was going to happen to him her whole life long.

Also, my poor younger sister who lived close to him, was at the end of her rope trying to take care of her own home and family and take care of his needs. She knew how to handle him better than I did and would give him (hell) as much as he gave her, but she is an angel in my eyes. I could not take him. I couldn't hardly get my breath in his house. He was a hoarder like no one would believe, but I also decided not to put up with his verbal abuse a long time ago. I just couldn't. I hate that my brother died, but I'm glad that my sister is free.

Thank you again for your thoughts.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

LizW wrote:
Dear Tribe,
I'm so very sorry to hear about your brother. He's at peace now and reunited with your sister in Heaven where they will have everlasting life with the Lord.
You and your family are in my prayers.<quoted text>
Thank you Liz. Thank you for the prayers also. I know this sounds juvenile, but I hope he is smart now. He had a brain injury and he only went to about the 5th or 6th grade. He always wished he was smart. He did teach himself to read. He loved books. We have about 2,000 books to go through and save or get rid of. We're probably going to donate them to the Goodwill.

Thank you for your kind words.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

covcas wrote:
Tribe, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are prayers are with you.
Thank you Cov! I can always use and appreciate everyones prayers.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I'm so sorry for your loss, Tribe~~
I was thinking about a woman I know who lives in Florida and had
a benign brain tumor. It was successfully removed BUT it changed
her personality.
It sounds like your brother survived death when he had the stroke but it changed his personality, too.
Even in today's modern medicine there's so much we don't know about the brain.
Thank you Ruby! He was always a disagreeable person, he just got more so, and he suffered more brain damage. He also got to where he wouldn't take a bath after his stroke. The last call I got from him was Christmas Day. I had a house full of company and was afraid they would hear what he said on the answering machine, but it was in my bedroom. I feel bad not knowing what he said, but my husband said I wouldn't have wanted to hear it, that it was bad (mean).

It did hurt me though because he was lonely, but he didn't know how to change his personality to have friends because he would have if he did, at least that's what I think.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Same Location wrote:
I'm really sorry about your brother, Tribe. If I can do anything for you, please let me know.
Thank you Same Lo. I appreciate all of you.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sory for your loss, Tmom.
Thank you sweet girl.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

RaceCityUsa wrote:
Tribe,
I am so sorry to read of the loss of your brother. Please don't beat yourself up thinking there was more you could have done for him. Everyone that has posted with you on Topix, knows how much you loved him and how attentive you were to his needs, I'm sure he did too.
My prayers are with you and your family. Remember the good times growing up with him. He no longer has any pain, will always live in your heart and one day you will be reunited again.
Thank you Race, and thank you for your prayers. I DID love him. I know he knew that. I just couldn't take his mouth the last year or so after his stroke, and no matter what my sister did for him it was never enough. I knew I could never keep up with his demands. He was like a child with I want this, I want that, I want, want, want. Then he acted like he didn't appreciate it.

He wasn't born like that. I think life made him like he was. I hope now he is free also.

Level 6

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

T-Mom I am not in any way trying to tell you
what to do or how to feel but I do not want you
to blame yourself.
I do think you all are doing the right thing in
not telling your Mother.Bless her heart she has
lived a long time and nothing she could do then
or now would change anything.
I hope and pray that with time you and your sister
will find peace. He is at peace now.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Mousie I was pretty much brought up to believe all of what you just said. Everything happens for a reason and it's all apart of God's plan, it's just at times the plan is just so hard to handle.
I have a friend who lost her son in a accident a few years ago and when she talks about it you can just feel her pain as if it was just yesterday. I know she has to carry on and be there for her other children, it just I don't think I could ever accept it. It would be just too devastating to cope with.
I Be Mousie wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Liz.It took me a very long time to understand God
plan.If you truly belive in God you cannot pick and choose
your role in the plan.
I use to think that my children was just that my children.
Then I learn that they were still God children and he could
call them home at any time.Nothing I could do would change that.
My part in the plan was to love them and prepare them for the
return to God.
Death is so hard on the ones left behind but such a beautiful
time for the ones called home.
This is my belief and no one else has to agree with me.
Each person can and should have their own belief.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Tribe I hope your Brother is at peace now and happy once again.
I know the situation with your Mom and I don't see any reason to tell her or try to explain what happened to her. God Bless her. There's no reason to upset her.
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Race, and thank you for your prayers. I DID love him. I know he knew that. I just couldn't take his mouth the last year or so after his stroke, and no matter what my sister did for him it was never enough. I knew I could never keep up with his demands. He was like a child with I want this, I want that, I want, want, want. Then he acted like he didn't appreciate it.
He wasn't born like that. I think life made him like he was. I hope now he is free also.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 11,041 - 11,060 of17,565
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Hey Stupid Democrats 1,078,399
What life is like for Casey Anthony 3 min Lon Spector 31
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 58 min August primary 2,384
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 1 hr Lon Spector 131
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Stuart Cudahy 45,764
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 8 hr EXECUTE KID KILLERS 483,690
Police looking for purse-snatching sisters (Jun '09) 9 hr MeMe 39
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE