I'm sory for your loss, Tmom.
Thank you sweet girl.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#11918 Jan 2, 2013
RaceCityUsa wrote:
Tribe,
I am so sorry to read of the loss of your brother. Please don't beat yourself up thinking there was more you could have done for him. Everyone that has posted with you on Topix, knows how much you loved him and how attentive you were to his needs, I'm sure he did too.
My prayers are with you and your family. Remember the good times growing up with him. He no longer has any pain, will always live in your heart and one day you will be reunited again.
Thank you Race, and thank you for your prayers. I DID love him. I know he knew that. I just couldn't take his mouth the last year or so after his stroke, and no matter what my sister did for him it was never enough. I knew I could never keep up with his demands. He was like a child with I want this, I want that, I want, want, want. Then he acted like he didn't appreciate it.

He wasn't born like that. I think life made him like he was. I hope now he is free also.

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Oklahoma City, OK

#11919 Jan 2, 2013
T-Mom I am not in any way trying to tell you
what to do or how to feel but I do not want you
to blame yourself.
I do think you all are doing the right thing in
not telling your Mother.Bless her heart she has
lived a long time and nothing she could do then
or now would change anything.
I hope and pray that with time you and your sister
will find peace. He is at peace now.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#11920 Jan 2, 2013
Mousie I was pretty much brought up to believe all of what you just said. Everything happens for a reason and it's all apart of God's plan, it's just at times the plan is just so hard to handle.
I have a friend who lost her son in a accident a few years ago and when she talks about it you can just feel her pain as if it was just yesterday. I know she has to carry on and be there for her other children, it just I don't think I could ever accept it. It would be just too devastating to cope with.
I Be Mousie wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Liz.It took me a very long time to understand God
plan.If you truly belive in God you cannot pick and choose
your role in the plan.
I use to think that my children was just that my children.
Then I learn that they were still God children and he could
call them home at any time.Nothing I could do would change that.
My part in the plan was to love them and prepare them for the
return to God.
Death is so hard on the ones left behind but such a beautiful
time for the ones called home.
This is my belief and no one else has to agree with me.
Each person can and should have their own belief.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#11921 Jan 2, 2013
Tribe I hope your Brother is at peace now and happy once again.
I know the situation with your Mom and I don't see any reason to tell her or try to explain what happened to her. God Bless her. There's no reason to upset her.
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Race, and thank you for your prayers. I DID love him. I know he knew that. I just couldn't take his mouth the last year or so after his stroke, and no matter what my sister did for him it was never enough. I knew I could never keep up with his demands. He was like a child with I want this, I want that, I want, want, want. Then he acted like he didn't appreciate it.
He wasn't born like that. I think life made him like he was. I hope now he is free also.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#11922 Jan 2, 2013
I Be Mousie wrote:
T-Mom I am not in any way trying to tell you
what to do or how to feel but I do not want you
to blame yourself.
I do think you all are doing the right thing in
not telling your Mother.Bless her heart she has
lived a long time and nothing she could do then
or now would change anything.
I hope and pray that with time you and your sister
will find peace. He is at peace now.
Thank you Mousie. We aren't going to tell my mother. She lost a child, my sister, when my sister was 12 years old. My mother was never the same. She was still a good mother and the best cook I've ever known to this date, but something went out of her when my sister died. She said the only way she could cope was when she thought of the Bible verse, "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord."

I don't care what religion anyone is. I don't care if others believe in God or not except maybe to worry about their soul. I will never argue religion and would never force my views on anyone, but I believe the same way you and my mother do. If it made my mother feel better I am/was all for it. She said she had to go on to raise my sister, brother and me. Telling my mother would serve to purpose in my opinion. It would only hurt her.

I so appreciate your thoughts and kind words Mousie.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#11923 Jan 2, 2013
LizW wrote:
Mousie I was pretty much brought up to believe all of what you just said. Everything happens for a reason and it's all apart of God's plan, it's just at times the plan is just so hard to handle.
I have a friend who lost her son in a accident a few years ago and when she talks about it you can just feel her pain as if it was just yesterday. I know she has to carry on and be there for her other children, it just I don't think I could ever accept it. It would be just too devastating to cope with.<quoted text>
Mostly none of know what we would do Liz unless we've lived through it. I hope I go before any of mine. That's for sure.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#11924 Jan 2, 2013
LizW wrote:
Tribe I hope your Brother is at peace now and happy once again.
I know the situation with your Mom and I don't see any reason to tell her or try to explain what happened to her. God Bless her. There's no reason to upset her. <quoted text>
I hope he is at peace and smart and with my Dad and my sister. Mostly I hope he is accepted now. God made him warts and all, and that little ditty kids say "God doesn't make any junk." is so true.

Thank you Liz! God bless you!

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#11925 Jan 2, 2013
I Be Mousie wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Liz.It took me a very long time to understand God
plan.If you truly belive in God you cannot pick and choose
your role in the plan.
I use to think that my children was just that my children.
Then I learn that they were still God children and he could
call them home at any time.Nothing I could do would change that.
My part in the plan was to love them and prepare them for the
return to God.
Death is so hard on the ones left behind but such a beautiful
time for the ones called home.
This is my belief and no one else has to agree with me.
Each person can and should have their own belief.
Mousie, when I read this yesterday it made me think of my preacher's (he's retired now) daughter. She had a son and a daughter. When we used to be in our Sunday School class we would talk and she'd talk about how she made them give her a call when they got to school. Her daughter was oldest, but she drove the son as they were only a year or so apart. Well, her son was killed on a motorcycle a couple of years ago, and it has about pushed her husband over the edge. That was their only son and their baby. I have seen my preacher's daughter though and although she is hurting she still was doing Bible School and working with the youth. I admire her so much.

God bless you too Mousie. I hope this new year brings everyone a little more joy than this last year.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#11926 Jan 2, 2013
Mousie, Shauw or anyone interested. On the ID channel tonight the show Stalked is on. This week episode is the true story of a former American Idol contestant who was stalked by an obsessed fan ( Oh geez, I hope it's not about when Race and I were stalking James Durbin, how embarrassing)

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Oklahoma City, OK

#11927 Jan 2, 2013
You know I was thinking about the old saying
God doesn't give you more than you can handle.
I for one know that without the help of family and
friends there has been a lot I could not handle.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#11928 Jan 2, 2013
Thanks Liz!
might watch that

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#11929 Jan 2, 2013
A high school coach here was charged.
He had a couple of high school girls going over to his place "to clean his house." The REALLY crazy thing is that one of the girl's mother was taking her over there and dropping her off! A friend of the mom overheard her say to be sure to go around back and let herself in so that no one would see her.

And now I've just heard
(yes we HEAR alot in this little town LOL)
that an indictment is coming down for the police chief

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#11930 Jan 2, 2013
Oh Boy. Was the coach charge with 3rd degree rape charge and child endangerment? This is sounding all too familiar. BTW........The coach here accepted a deal 12 mos in prison, 15 years probation and he'll be a registered sex offender. He can now use his master's degree for toilet paper.

What about the Police Chief? Did he try to cover it up?
JaneDear wrote:
A high school coach here was charged.
He had a couple of high school girls going over to his place "to clean his house." The REALLY crazy thing is that one of the girl's mother was taking her over there and dropping her off! A friend of the mom overheard her say to be sure to go around back and let herself in so that no one would see her.
And now I've just heard
(yes we HEAR alot in this little town LOL)
that an indictment is coming down for the police chief

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#11931 Jan 2, 2013
LizW wrote:
Oh Boy. Was the coach charge with 3rd degree rape charge and child endangerment? This is sounding all too familiar. BTW........The coach here accepted a deal 12 mos in prison, 15 years probation and he'll be a registered sex offender. He can now use his master's degree for toilet paper.
What about the Police Chief? Did he try to cover it up?<quoted text>
I don't know yet what all he is being charged with or what the chief is being charged with. They are saying it was being covered up though (about the coach). Also he has something from the last school he was at and if our school would've done a background check they would have known that he has been accused before.

I know one of the mothers. I'm not sure if the one I know was the one taking her child over to his house. I'd be surprised to find out that she knew anything about what was going on though.
I'm shocked that any mom would go along with that!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#11932 Jan 3, 2013
Good Morning All

Did anyone watch the stalked show about the American Idol contestant. I forgot her last name but her first name was Jessica. She was from season 4 ( I think) and made it into the top ten. She was from Tampa and her stalker turned out to be some old guy from the other side of the country who actually showed up at her house.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#11933 Jan 3, 2013
Oh so it sounds like the story didn't hit the local news outlets yet. Maybe it's not a case of sexual misconduct and instead he was partying with the students at his house. Are these high school girls?
When the coach here was arrested within hours if was on every TV channel and the media was there for his every court date. Noah came home and said the police were at school and the coach was arrested. I was figuring over something minor like a traffic violation. I have a feeling the coach here thought the incident was going to be swept under the rug, The girl was telling half the school that she and the coach were a couple and sharing a bunch of text messages with her classmates. When questioned the coach readily admitted to the school and the police his involvement. Then after the arrest they both recanted their statements. It was a mess.
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know yet what all he is being charged with or what the chief is being charged with. They are saying it was being covered up though (about the coach). Also he has something from the last school he was at and if our school would've done a background check they would have known that he has been accused before.
I know one of the mothers. I'm not sure if the one I know was the one taking her child over to his house. I'd be surprised to find out that she knew anything about what was going on though.
I'm shocked that any mom would go along with that!

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#11934 Jan 3, 2013

Good morning~~
Just wanted to share this video of COV in the thrift store...
:)

“Where the heck am I?”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Twighlight Zone

#11935 Jan 3, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Did anyone watch the stalked show about the American Idol contestant. I forgot her last name but her first name was Jessica. She was from season 4 ( I think) and made it into the top ten. She was from Tampa and her stalker turned out to be some old guy from the other side of the country who actually showed up at her house.
Well, hell no I didn't watch it! Let me know a little late, didn't you? JUST read that it was coming on - LAST NIGHT. Oh well, I got it recording now so I won't miss the next one. lol I remember reading a little something about that a while back. Crazy!! Tell me more!! I watched show after show after show of Happy Days with Mom yesterday. Whew, now all I can do is walk around hitting things and saying HHHHHHEEEEEYYYYYYY!

Good Morning everyone!

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11936 Jan 3, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KFKFyzP34lcXX
Good morning~~
Just wanted to share this video of COV in the thrift store...
:)
Haha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,277,583
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Patriot AKA Bozo 54,570
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 19 min Riverside 502,202
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 39 min Princess Hey 12,791
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 43 min Princess Hey 9,512
3 word game (Jan '11) 48 min Princess Hey 13,656
One Word (Jul '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 2,207
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages