Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11897 Jan 1, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
Hello everybody!
My "New Year" hasn't started off so hot. It's been a while since I've had a meltdown here, so forgive me for venting.
My sister and brother-in-law went over to check on my brother because they hadn't heard from him on the phone. That isn't like him. My brother-in-law knocked repeatedly but couldn't get my brother to answer the door. He jimmied (sp?) the back door open and went inside. My brother was lying on the floor dead. I think he must have fallen out of his wheelchair as there was blood on the floor. The medical examiner's office said he'd probably been there about 2 days. They're going to do an autopsy as there are laws about people dying at home if they haven't been seen by a doctor in a certain amount of time.
I am heartsick and of course feel guilty. My brother was one pain in the ass, but I loved him. I didn't realize how much until right now. I was always close to him, but after he had his stroke he would say things, mean awful things, and I just got tired of hearing it, so I kind of neglected to call him as often as I had in the past. So be good to your loved ones. None of us guaranteed tomorrow.
It feels so strange to think of my brother dead. I hope he is at peace now.
I am sorry Tribe..
Murph

Wichita, KS

#11898 Jan 1, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
Hello everybody!
My "New Year" hasn't started off so hot. It's been a while since I've had a meltdown here, so forgive me for venting.
My sister and brother-in-law went over to check on my brother because they hadn't heard from him on the phone. That isn't like him. My brother-in-law knocked repeatedly but couldn't get my brother to answer the door. He jimmied (sp?) the back door open and went inside. My brother was lying on the floor dead. I think he must have fallen out of his wheelchair as there was blood on the floor. The medical examiner's office said he'd probably been there about 2 days. They're going to do an autopsy as there are laws about people dying at home if they haven't been seen by a doctor in a certain amount of time.
I am heartsick and of course feel guilty. My brother was one pain in the ass, but I loved him. I didn't realize how much until right now. I was always close to him, but after he had his stroke he would say things, mean awful things, and I just got tired of hearing it, so I kind of neglected to call him as often as I had in the past. So be good to your loved ones. None of us guaranteed tomorrow.
Tribe, I am so very sorry for yor loss. Please don't feel guilty.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#11899 Jan 1, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my Tribe~~
I'm so sorry to hear this and can't conjure up adequate words to
express it.
Thank you Ruby. Everything will be alright once it sinks in. I just can't imagine him gone, not being here, you know what I mean. Thank you.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#11900 Jan 1, 2013
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry Tribe..
Thank you Missy. I appreciate it.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#11901 Jan 1, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Tribe, I am so very sorry for yor loss. Please don't feel guilty.
Thanks so much Murph. I'm trying not to. I never liked shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Oklahoma City, OK

#11902 Jan 1, 2013
Tribe I am so very sorry. I am glad you posted
to let us know. You are not venting. You know
we are cyber family when ever you need us.

Please do not blame yourself. You know that life
and death is in God's hand and we can not change
the plan.
My prayers will be with you. I know you hurt
I so wish I could reach out and hug you.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#11903 Jan 2, 2013
Dear Tribe,

I'm so very sorry to hear about your brother. He's at peace now and reunited with your sister in Heaven where they will have everlasting life with the Lord.

You and your family are in my prayers.
tribe mom wrote:
Hello everybody!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#11904 Jan 2, 2013
Mousie you're the best!
I Be Mousie wrote:
the plan.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#11905 Jan 2, 2013
Tribe, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are prayers are with you.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#11906 Jan 2, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Ruby. Everything will be alright once it sinks in. I just can't imagine him gone, not being here, you know what I mean. Thank you.
Again, I'm so sorry for your loss, Tribe~~
I was thinking about a woman I know who lives in Florida and had
a benign brain tumor. It was successfully removed BUT it changed
her personality.
It sounds like your brother survived death when he had the stroke but it changed his personality, too.
Even in today's modern medicine there's so much we don't know about the brain.

Level 6

Oklahoma City, OK

#11907 Jan 2, 2013
GM...all. Tribe please take care of yourself
during the next few weeks.I know you will be
going thru a very rough time.

“"Where the weak are....”

Level 4

Since: Mar 10

killed and eaten"

#11908 Jan 2, 2013
I'm really sorry about your brother, Tribe. If I can do anything for you, please let me know.

Level 6

Oklahoma City, OK

#11909 Jan 2, 2013
LizW wrote:
Mousie you're the best!<quoted text>
Thank you Liz.It took me a very long time to understand God
plan.If you truly belive in God you cannot pick and choose
your role in the plan.
I use to think that my children was just that my children.
Then I learn that they were still God children and he could
call them home at any time.Nothing I could do would change that.
My part in the plan was to love them and prepare them for the
return to God.
Death is so hard on the ones left behind but such a beautiful
time for the ones called home.
This is my belief and no one else has to agree with me.
Each person can and should have their own belief.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#11910 Jan 2, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
Hello everybody!
I'm sory for your loss, Tmom.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#11911 Jan 2, 2013
Tribe,

I am so sorry to read of the loss of your brother. Please don't beat yourself up thinking there was more you could have done for him. Everyone that has posted with you on Topix, knows how much you loved him and how attentive you were to his needs, I'm sure he did too.

My prayers are with you and your family. Remember the good times growing up with him. He no longer has any pain, will always live in your heart and one day you will be reunited again.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#11912 Jan 2, 2013
I Be Mousie wrote:
the plan.
Thank you Mousie. I can feel your cyber hug. I too believe everything happens in God's perfect timing. My brother has been miserable living alone and pining away for my mother. I think he would have went totally insane when my mother passes away. She'll be 93 in April. We aren't not going to tell her. I don't know if she would understand, but it would serve no purpose as she worried about what was going to happen to him her whole life long.

Also, my poor younger sister who lived close to him, was at the end of her rope trying to take care of her own home and family and take care of his needs. She knew how to handle him better than I did and would give him (hell) as much as he gave her, but she is an angel in my eyes. I could not take him. I couldn't hardly get my breath in his house. He was a hoarder like no one would believe, but I also decided not to put up with his verbal abuse a long time ago. I just couldn't. I hate that my brother died, but I'm glad that my sister is free.

Thank you again for your thoughts.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#11913 Jan 2, 2013
LizW wrote:
Dear Tribe,
I'm so very sorry to hear about your brother. He's at peace now and reunited with your sister in Heaven where they will have everlasting life with the Lord.
You and your family are in my prayers.<quoted text>
Thank you Liz. Thank you for the prayers also. I know this sounds juvenile, but I hope he is smart now. He had a brain injury and he only went to about the 5th or 6th grade. He always wished he was smart. He did teach himself to read. He loved books. We have about 2,000 books to go through and save or get rid of. We're probably going to donate them to the Goodwill.

Thank you for your kind words.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#11914 Jan 2, 2013
covcas wrote:
Tribe, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are prayers are with you.
Thank you Cov! I can always use and appreciate everyones prayers.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#11915 Jan 2, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I'm so sorry for your loss, Tribe~~
I was thinking about a woman I know who lives in Florida and had
a benign brain tumor. It was successfully removed BUT it changed
her personality.
It sounds like your brother survived death when he had the stroke but it changed his personality, too.
Even in today's modern medicine there's so much we don't know about the brain.
Thank you Ruby! He was always a disagreeable person, he just got more so, and he suffered more brain damage. He also got to where he wouldn't take a bath after his stroke. The last call I got from him was Christmas Day. I had a house full of company and was afraid they would hear what he said on the answering machine, but it was in my bedroom. I feel bad not knowing what he said, but my husband said I wouldn't have wanted to hear it, that it was bad (mean).

It did hurt me though because he was lonely, but he didn't know how to change his personality to have friends because he would have if he did, at least that's what I think.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#11916 Jan 2, 2013
Same Location wrote:
I'm really sorry about your brother, Tribe. If I can do anything for you, please let me know.
Thank you Same Lo. I appreciate all of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John Galt 1,262,830
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 13 min Murphey_Law 501,410
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 2 hr Princess Hey 72,429
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Archie 54,332
The alphabet (Jun '06) 4 hr Just Roxie 1,392
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 6 hr zazz 97,449
News Marni Jameson: We truly deserve luxurious sheets 6 hr Judge Gary J Dean 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages