“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#11671 Dec 17, 2012
There was only two people on the face of the earth who know how bad and bleak this situation was:
They're both dead, mother and son...

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11672 Dec 17, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
There was only two people on the face of the earth who know how bad and bleak this situation was:
They're both dead, mother and son...
Well you know the gunman met Satan himself! I took my GD to school this morning and felt terrified doing it. Just a awful feeling. Her school has a full time police officer but in a situation like this I don't think a single officer could have helped the situation. This guy had this all planned out and if a officer was present I think the officer would have been gunned down before he even knew what was going on.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#11673 Dec 17, 2012
When this first broke, Friday morning~~
At first I thought it was confined to the front office.
Perhaps a parent really really angry over something or a disgruntled employee, again just in
the office area.
But when it was reported 20 kids were unaaccounted for, I fell into disblief along with
the rest of the nation.

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Oklahoma City, OK

#11674 Dec 17, 2012
Good morning all..
I have been thinking about mental illines
every since this came to past.
What does a Mother or Father do when you know
that the child you brought into this world is
not right.You know they are dangerous to you and
themselfs.
But until they comit a crime no one can do any thing.You can have one committed for 30 days
put them on meds to make them a zombie but
nothing else.
You are lucky if you can get insurance on them.
If not how do you pay for this?
This needs to change more I think than gun laws.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#11676 Dec 17, 2012
I Be Mousie wrote:
Good morning all..
themselfs.
But until they comit a crime no one can do any thing.You can have one committed for 30 days
nothing else.
I have no doubt, it would be a nightmare having to deal with
a violent mentally ill family member.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#11677 Dec 17, 2012
Here's something else~~
When a mentally ill child becomes of legal adult age, how can anyone force them to stay on medication or take it correctly?
That seems to be some kind of trigger, often hearing it in other cases, reported as domestic
family violence. The mention of going off medication...

Level 7

Location hidden

#11678 Dec 17, 2012
I Be Mousie wrote:
Good morning all..
themselfs.
nothing else.
Once a child gets the legal age there is not much you can do other then have them locked up for so many days. You can't even make them take medications. But if I thought for a second that my child was a danger I would be calling law enforcement and anyone else I could. I sure wouldn't have guns available in my home if I thought my child was a danger or even had a mental illness. This demons mother was a gun collector, so if she was aware of the dangers her son posed then what was she thinking. I have guns and enjoy shooting them at targets, but you better believe if I thought someone had access to them in my home and they had mental issues or posed a threat I would remove them from my home. I keep thinking that maybe this mother never realized just what kind of time bomb she had living with her. She is dead too so we will never know what her thoughts were or even if she knew he was a danger. The rest of this demons family say they are in disbelief and shock and don't understand what happened. I wonder what sat him off to kill his mom and go to that school. I read his mother was not a teacher in this school and was unemployed. What made him go to that school and target these little innocent kids. We will never know. I did see on the news this morning that they had found a lot of info on his computer that may explain what his thinking was and had it been planned out.
It really bothered me to take my GD to school this morning, now I worry about the safety in her school.

Level 6

Oklahoma City, OK

#11679 Dec 17, 2012
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
Once a child gets the legal age there is not much you can do other then have them locked up for so many days. You can't even make them take medications. But if I thought for a second that my child was a danger I would be calling law enforcement and anyone else I could. I sure wouldn't have guns available in my home if I thought my child was a danger or even had a mental illness. This demons mother was a gun collector, so if she was aware of the dangers her son posed then what was she thinking. I have guns and enjoy shooting them at targets, but you better believe if I thought someone had access to them in my home and they had mental issues or posed a threat I would remove them from my home. I keep thinking that maybe this mother never realized just what kind of time bomb she had living with her. She is dead too so we will never know what her thoughts were or even if she knew he was a danger. The rest of this demons family say they are in disbelief and shock and don't understand what happened. I wonder what sat him off to kill his mom and go to that school. I read his mother was not a teacher in this school and was unemployed. What made him go to that school and target these little innocent kids. We will never know. I did see on the news this morning that they had found a lot of info on his computer that may explain what his thinking was and had it been planned out.
It really bothered me to take my GD to school this morning, now I worry about the safety in her school.
I know it must have been hard for you to leave GD this a.m.
This is the time we have to put our fears and trust in God hands.
Like you we also have guns. If the monsters come to our home
we need to protect ourselfs as best as we can.
Like I said the weapons is not the problem it is the person
behind the weapon.
That woman should have never had guns in her home.
I saw last night that both computers had been smashed and
that FBI was trying to get info from hard drive.
I have ideal that what is on them will be of little sense.
I for one do not think that the school should be open again if
so not for a very long time. I would not put my little ones back
in the same place that they would be afraid of.

Level 7

Location hidden

#11680 Dec 17, 2012
Omg! A cousin of mine said that the local high school where she lives have police officers standing at every door. She said kids in this school had planned a mass suicide because the world was coming to a end, so they were all planning a suicide at the school.

Level 6

Oklahoma City, OK

#11681 Dec 17, 2012
Got to run out for a few. Catch you all later
Be good.

Level 7

Location hidden

#11682 Dec 17, 2012
I just googled this and it says this was a rumor and no kids are in danger. It said they have stepped up security at the high school but after investigating found this to be just a rumor.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#11683 Dec 17, 2012
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
Missy, I believe the mother was something like the rest of us thinking, "Not in MY family!" He sounded like he had lived his life up until now as a meek and mild person. None of us knows what lies beneath the surface of a mentally ill person. Just my thoughts..., these poor families.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#11684 Dec 17, 2012
Sometimes you just run out of options with those kids. Every time I hear about a mass shooting I can't help but think of my friends son. She's tried everything you can think of and nothing works. So now the boy is 21 and just sleeps all day and plays video games all night. There's nothing I can think of that she hasn't tried to do to help him. He constantly angry and pissed off. He can't work or go to school because of social anxiety issues.

It rare whenever we have a conversation about him that she's not in tears. Her only peace is when she goes to work or is away from home on vacation.

Level 7

Location hidden

#11685 Dec 17, 2012
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Missy, I believe the mother was something like the rest of us thinking, "Not in MY family!" He sounded like he had lived his life up until now as a meek and mild person. None of us knows what lies beneath the surface of a mentally ill person. Just my thoughts..., these poor families.
You're probably right..she probably never realized he was capable of such evilness. Her own life was in danger and she probably never even realized it. It's very sad. My heart goes out to all those family's who have lost their children and mothers.

Level 6

Oklahoma City, OK

#11686 Dec 17, 2012
The Real Missy wrote:
Omg! A cousin of mine said that the local high school where she lives have police officers standing at every door. She said kids in this school had planned a mass suicide because the world was coming to a end, so they were all planning a suicide at the school.
Same thing happen here in Okla. it was at Enid if I am
not wrong.
The boy try to get others to help him lure the kids
into one place. Thank God the kids reported this and
now he is in jail.
A lot of the kids think the world is coming to an end
on the 21st.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#11687 Dec 17, 2012
http://news.yahoo.com/neighbor-took-6-young-s...

In all the anguish~~
There's still good people woven amongst
the thorns...

Level 7

Location hidden

#11688 Dec 17, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/neighbor -took-6-young-survivors-home-2 05020443.html
In all the anguish~~
There's still good people woven amongst
the thorns...
This just made me cry!

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#11689 Dec 18, 2012
The little boy, Noah Pozner, buried yesterday~~
Has a twin sister who survived the attack.
Losing a child is unfathomable but TWO?
I'm so glad these twin siblings were in different
classrooms.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#11690 Dec 18, 2012
Good morning.
A bunch of parents pulled their kids out of school here early on Friday (so I'm told). I noticed that the car line to drop off kids at school was a lot shorter the last few days too. I dont know if they arent coming back or what....

Level 7

Location hidden

#11691 Dec 18, 2012
JaneDear wrote:
Good morning.
A bunch of parents pulled their kids out of school here early on Friday (so I'm told). I noticed that the car line to drop off kids at school was a lot shorter the last few days too. I dont know if they arent coming back or what....
Some people are choosing to home school their children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Anton Ciguhr 1,156,419
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr dont drink the ko... 49,375
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr jrw 96,719
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr Murphey_Law 490,375
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 7 hr Murph 70,624
11 arrested in Daytona Beach drug bust (Mar '07) Sat eddie 45
Notebooks Sat Tan 1
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]