Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#11089 Nov 23, 2012
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
No way Jose! I don't do crowds. Hope you and your girls had a wonderful Thanksgiving girly girl.
p.s. I saw a lady at the grocery store with a Thing One and Thing Two T-shirt one. I thought about you.
:-)
I thought about going shopping but I only thought about it for a minute. I'm not big on crowds either. I just dont think what litttle I save would be worth it...plus I fell into a turkey idused coma.

Anybody else wearing stretch pants today? LOL.
My mom's pecan pie is to die for and dont even get me started on the dressing. She showed up at my house last night with plates of leftovers- YAY me!

“Where the heck am I?”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Twighlight Zone

#11090 Nov 23, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
Good morning everyone~~
Needless to say, I don't do black Friday.
Not me, no way, there's nothing I need that bad.
I woke up this morning still stuffed from yesterday. I ate wayyyyy to much. Then I still hadn't had pie, so I waited a few minutes (very few) and ate 2 slivers of pie. OMG and I still haven't had a piece of the lemon yet! Anyways my dil came over this am so I went black Friday shopping at Walmart and Kmart. Wasn't busy at all here, that was about 9am, I actually got the couple things I wanted to get (probably because no one else likes what I like), and didn't wait in line to pay at both places. Oh yeah, AND I had front row parking!!!

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#11091 Nov 23, 2012
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought about going shopping but I only thought about it for a minute. I'm not big on crowds either. I just dont think what litttle I save would be worth it...plus I fell into a turkey idused coma.
My mom's pecan pie is to die for and dont even get me started on the dressing. She showed up at my house last night with plates of leftovers- YAY me!
Elastic waisted or draw string pants are the only thing this old bat likes to wear.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

#11093 Nov 24, 2012
Good Morning All

My crazy ass went Black Friday shopping. We left here about 8am and came home about 11pm. In between we came home for a hour and rested. Most of the doorbuster deals were sold out before we got to the store. In fact I sent Zach to Target at 9PM Thanksgiving night with a list. He was there right when the store opened and most of those deals were gone before he even located them.
The morning didn't start out well. We went to the first store and I realized I forgot to bring the envelope with the Christmas money. FRIGS!

We went to one department store and had Noah waiting in line while we shopped. I'm not kidding he was in line for over 2 hours. None of the lines were moving at all.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

#11094 Nov 24, 2012
I bought a new pair of sweat pants yesterday. I can hardly wait to break them in with my first bleach stain.
I just feel too fancy without bleach or furniture polish on my clothes.
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Elastic waisted or draw string pants are the only thing this old bat likes to wear.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

#11095 Nov 24, 2012
Larry Hagman passed away yesterday. I was loving seeing him back in the role as JR.

“Where the heck am I?”

Level 4

Twighlight Zone

#11096 Nov 24, 2012

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

#11097 Nov 24, 2012
Oh boy did anyone see this video of the Morehead coach? He totally lost his cookies and was suspended for one game ( should have been longer). The poor kid was almost in tears. I was trying to think how my boys would have reacted. Zach would have been like the kid in the video, whereas Noah after the second tirade would have probably said FU and walked off the field/court.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/s...

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

#11098 Nov 24, 2012
I can't watch that video this morning, I already had a sob session of Larry Hagman.

Shuaw is your Mom feeling any better?

We went to Walmart yesterday too. Lines were very short. Then again by the time we got there everything we went was sold out.
Shuaw wrote:

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

#11099 Nov 24, 2012
Did you ever see this video? It's one of my favorites.

&pl aynext=1&list=PL8111BBA967 C848BE&feature=results_vid eo
Shuaw wrote:

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

#11101 Nov 24, 2012
We're not good ones to ask about your missing dentures. We've been search for Mildred's missing glass eye for a couple years now and still no luck.
nuckingfuts- wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have grabbed that coach by the balls and squeezed. Has anyone seen my dentures over here?

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Oklahoma City, OK

#11102 Nov 24, 2012
Gm all....well I wrote you guy's a nice post
yesterday but topix ate it.
I spent my Thanksgiving in the hospital. Had a
pancreatitus attack Wed night and by 6.00 a.m
my kids had call a ambulance so was in until
4.00 Friday.
So no one in my family had thanksgiving.
I feel better now and hope to do it Sunday.
Am going to lay around and watch football today.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#11103 Nov 24, 2012
I Be Mousie wrote:
4.00 Friday.
Mousie, I am So Sorry about the attack. That must have been excruciating. Get well soon!

“Where the heck am I?”

Level 4

Twighlight Zone

#11104 Nov 24, 2012
I Be Mousie wrote:
4.00 Friday.
Oh no!!! I hate that Mousie, that is so awful. Prayers you get to feeling better. Wish I was close I would come do the prepping and cooking for you.

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Oklahoma City, OK

#11105 Nov 24, 2012
Oh thank you Shuaw and Murph.I am fine just
really tired.
I have everthing prep and ready to pop in
oven. My little dil will do that for me.
My boys both cook also I felt like that was
something they should know so now they can
out cook the women and clean house as well lol.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#11106 Nov 24, 2012
I Be Mousie wrote:
4.00 Friday.
I hope you're feeling better Mousie. I just googled pancreatitis. It almost sounds like a heart attack with abdominal pain. Well, Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. I hope you're able to lay around as long as you like.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#11107 Nov 24, 2012
I Be Mousie wrote:
Oh thank you Shuaw and Murph.I am fine just
really tired.
I have everthing prep and ready to pop in
oven. My little dil will do that for me.
My boys both cook also I felt like that was
something they should know so now they can
out cook the women and clean house as well lol.
Sounds like a pretty good family you got there. It's good you trained them right.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#11108 Nov 24, 2012
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
I LOVE pecan pie. I feel so guilty when I eat it though. It's a good guilty.

I wore my flannel pajama pants after everybody left Thursday night, and for some reason I slept off and on, mostly on, yesterday. Maybe I was in one of those turkey-induced comas you were talking about.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#11109 Nov 24, 2012
I really must have been in a coma. I thought I had posted about my Thanksgiving Day here, but I don't see it, so I guess I didn't.

I had all my kids, plus one's girlfriend and a friend of my husband who has no family. It was nice having all my kids here together. My turkey and sides turned out delicious and my store-bought Mrs. Smith and Edward's pies were excellent. I bought Mrs. Smith's deep-dish apple crumb pie. I think it was better than the pecan.

I would like to say I baked my own, but Mrs. Molly Homemaker I am not, especially if I've got a lot to cook or if I'm in a hurry.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#11110 Nov 24, 2012
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
My crazy ass went Black Friday shopping. We left here about 8am and came home about 11pm. In between we came home for a hour and rested. Most of the doorbuster deals were sold out before we got to the store. In fact I sent Zach to Target at 9PM Thanksgiving night with a list. He was there right when the store opened and most of those deals were gone before he even located them.
The morning didn't start out well. We went to the first store and I realized I forgot to bring the envelope with the Christmas money. FRIGS!
We went to one department store and had Noah waiting in line while we shopped. I'm not kidding he was in line for over 2 hours. None of the lines were moving at all.
Liz, you have too much energy for me and those crowds send me into a full-blown panic attack. Black Friday doesn't even sound fun to me, and I'm like Ruby there isn't anything I need, even if they were giving it away, that I would want to battle those crowds for. Those people get vicious, and the women are worst than the men.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 min T-REX 488,722
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 3 min Look Out Below 17,167
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min woodtick57 1,126,766
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 1 hr Murph 70,501
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Year 47,497
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 11 hr Princess Hey 9,104
two words (Jul '10) 11 hr Princess Hey 26,910
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 19 hr Mary NY 25,891
Orlando Dating
Find my Match

Orlando Jobs

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]