Car jumps Orange Avenue curb, kills m...

Car jumps Orange Avenue curb, kills man strolling on sidewalk w...

There are 53 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Oct 12, 2007, titled Car jumps Orange Avenue curb, kills man strolling on sidewalk w.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Norman Benzing climbed tall mountains, sailed to far-off islands and bicycled across the country -- twice.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Morrison Vogt

Tavares, FL

#1 Oct 12, 2007
Thanks Bianca, for a very nice article! My prayers go out to the Benzing family.
nico

Orlando, FL

#2 Oct 12, 2007
I am a friend of this family and they are great people. I hope they get throught this.
Jack

Austin, TX

#3 Oct 12, 2007
What a tragic losss. My prayers are with the family.
Chris

Hollywood, FL

#4 Oct 12, 2007
Since 2001, Bragg has been arrested 18 times for crimes that include larceny, possession of cocaine and violating probation, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. She is listed as being on community control by the Florida Department of Corrections.
This is absolutely disgusting. What in the hell was the piece of trash doing on our streets??? Her *ss should have been rotting in jail. Our criminal *justice* system is in shambles....
Orlando Racist

Oviedo, FL

#5 Oct 12, 2007
This reporter is wrong about Miss Bragg being arrested. She was booked into Orange County Jail last evening on a VOP in relation to this case. She is currently in custody with a no bond status until she appears before a judge.

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/bailbond/Defaul...

Why do Sentinel reporters leave out material facts or just plain mis-report them?
LISA

Sebring, FL

#6 Oct 12, 2007
My Prayers are with the family
Keith

Boston, MA

#7 Oct 12, 2007
First, the article says she was NOT arrested. And second, how can it be racist when race was not mentioned?
Orlando Racist wrote:
This reporter is wrong about Miss Bragg being arrested. She was booked into Orange County Jail last evening on a VOP in relation to this case. She is currently in custody with a no bond status until she appears before a judge.
Why do Sentinel reporters leave out material facts or just plain mis-report them?
What if

Orlando, FL

#8 Oct 12, 2007
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
This is absolutely disgusting. What in the hell was the piece of trash doing on our streets??? Her *ss should have been rotting in jail. Our criminal *justice* system is in shambles....
My sentiments exactly. But then again, the reason we have so much crime is because the judges let them out to commit more crimes. Yesterday, a hardened criminal was let loose because the judge was late for the hearing. What kind of crap is that? The judge should be stuck in jail for a few days for letting this happen.
BLANTONA1

Winter Garden, FL

#9 Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Racist wrote:
This accident happened at 9 am. I think what the reporter meant was that she was not arrested at the scene. If she was later arrested for a VOP then that would most likely be her probation/community control officer asking that she be picked up....so technically she was not arrested on charges for this accident but rather for a vop. I'm sure there will be charges later filed regarding this accident as well as another vop.
Annonymous

Orlando, FL

#10 Oct 12, 2007
This news is just so sad. My prayers and thoughts are with the family and friends close to him.
Annonymous

Orlando, FL

#11 Oct 12, 2007
She has a myspace profile page and by the looks of things doesn't look like a real 'winner'. So sad.
edclark

San Jose, CA

#12 Oct 12, 2007
Norm lived up the street from me. One pf the finest people I have ever know. I saw him walking everyday with his wife. He was a friend from the time we moved in, 13 years ago. He taught me how to really ride a bike(race)and at 67 he could still keep up with the "Young bucks" on the bike, not to mention with anything else he cared to do. Norm was a roll model in so many ways... he will be missed by all.
Fed up

Lindale, TX

#13 Oct 12, 2007
Keith wrote:
First, the article says she was NOT arrested. And second, how can it be racist when race was not mentioned?
<quoted text>
Keith...please re-read the statement...nothing was said about race...the poster uses the name "Orlando Racist".

And yes, this girl should have been in jail rotting...how can people that have a list longer than my arm be out on the streets ?? Come on judges...wake up !!! This idiot caused the death of a law abiding, kind citizen and she isn't being charged yet ??
Chris

Orlando, FL

#14 Oct 12, 2007
Annonymous wrote:
She has a myspace profile page and by the looks of things doesn't look like a real 'winner'. So sad.
It's funny, these criminals always have a myspace page.
Orlando Racist

Oviedo, FL

#15 Oct 12, 2007
Keith wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said anything about race. I just said this reporter is wrong about her being arrested. The reporter claimed she was not arrested and that is not the case.

She was arrested on a VOP in relation to this case.
floridian

Kissimmee, FL

#16 Oct 12, 2007
Very sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
edclark

San Jose, CA

#17 Oct 12, 2007
Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.

E
edclark wrote:
Norm lived up the street from me. One of the finest people I have ever known. I saw him walking everyday with his wife. He was a friend from the time we moved in, 13 years ago. He taught me how to really ride a bike(race)and at 67 he could still keep up with the "Young bucks" on the bike, not to mention with anything else he cared to do. Norm was a role model in so many ways... he will be missed by all.
LETS_SEE

Orlando, FL

#18 Oct 12, 2007
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>It's funny, these criminals always have a myspace page.
Let's see it?!?! Where is the pictures of the dirty skank!!?!?!
florida

Longwood, FL

#19 Oct 12, 2007
very very sad
michael

Orlando, FL

#20 Oct 12, 2007
This is what Society gets for letting people arrested 18 times on the street!
People, you need to get on these judges faces and make them accountable and also change the law to make it impossible for repeat offenders of the law to be out on the street. Wake up people!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RoxLo 1,432,448
News Hillary Clinton speaks in Orlando on her plan f... 5 min Hans 12
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 61,482
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr zazz 98,199
3 word game (Jan '11) 12 hr Princess Hey 14,026
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 14 hr Princess Hey 13,072
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 15 hr Princess Hey 12,708

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages