Singer Robert Palmer, 54, Dies in Paris

Singer Robert Palmer, 54, Dies in Paris

There are 53 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 29, 2008, titled Singer Robert Palmer, 54, Dies in Paris. In it, Newsday reports that:

British singer Robert Palmer performs at Wembley Stadium in London in this Aug. 16, 1997, file photo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“TheseDays”

Level 5

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#45 Dec 22, 2010
^^interesting
Esme Martins

San Diego, CA

#46 Dec 23, 2010
I was a friend of Robert Palmer's since the early eighties. My husband worked for Island Records at the time, and Robert invited me and my husband to some of his parties. We became friends. One of your bloggers named Dee asks if Mary Ambrose was a loon. Give the lady a cigar. She was right. To start with I should say that Mary Ambrose was not Robert's partner at the time of his death. His girlfriend at the time of his death was Geraldine Edwards. I know it's been said before, but I am going to say it again. She was the woman Almost Famous was written about. Geraldine met Robert in 1976 and they remained close until he died. Geraldine also dated Eric Clapton from the age of twenty. They remain friends. When she was younger she dated Roger Daltry and Rick Springfield and Roger Price and was platonic friends with scores of others. She was friends with Chris Carter, the creator of the X-Files. He happened to be from San Diego before he moved to Los Angeles. Mary Ambrose was Robert's live-in housekeeper and personal assistant who worked for him from 2000 to 2003. Robert dated Mary for that same length of time. But let me make this perfectly clear. Mary dated numerous men. Mary was twenty-three years old when she started working for Robert and she felt she was "making her fortune." Loosley translated that means she was looking for a rich man. Prior to working for Robert, Mary was living with a couple that Robert knew as their Au Pair, from 1996 to 2000. And prior to that, Mary had met Robert socially at a party in Coronado, California in 1995, when Mary had just turned eighteen. Mary had quite a few affairs, and Robert just considered her one of his lovers. Robert did consider Geraldine his girlfriend from 1999, after his divorce from Susan Palmer until his death. This is evidenced by his interview on Access Hollywood where he announced Geraldine as his girlfriend in 2003. I am not going to lie though, Robert did have lovers from time to time. He did not think that they really mattered in the grand scheme of things. He was definitly with Geraldine. Mary being announced by Robert's manager, Mick Carter as Robert's partner was a misreport, to put it bluntly. In reality, Carter was one of Mary's many dates, and in fact Carter and Mary had a son together in 2001. In 2002 Mary had another son with a business associate and friend of Robert's. Oh, did I mention that Carter and the business associate were married? Carter did not want trouble so he thought it would be ok to just announce Mary as Robert's girlfriend. The Palmer family felt otherwise and legally prohibited Carter from doing so by the agency of a Cease and Desist Order. Mary was also served with a Cease and Desist Order prohibiting her from giving interviews and writting a book about Robert with Nick Krewen and Jane Gordon. Mary had serious problems telling the truth. In 2002 she bragged to everyone that she had gotten a part in the Starsky and Hutch film. You see, Mary wanted to be an actress. Some people saw the film and naturally, Mary was not in it. Then Mary said she was in The Terminator 3. Well, same story. She was not in that film either. Then she started telling people that she was the model on the cover of Honey. That was not Mary. Mary did not even meet Robert until 1995 and the Honey picture was taken in early 1994. To boot Mary did not look a thing like the model. But Mary told everyone who would listen that story. I guess the word we are looking for is delusional. I once asked Robert why he bothered with Mary. If you had met Mary you would know why I had asked this question. He said to me and I quote " Mary is the most pliable, pridless woman I have ever met. She would literally do anything I told her to do." When I asked Robert if Mary was worth getting in trouble over, he said and again I quote " Mary does not even count. I won't get in trouble over her." And sorry, but those were Robert's feelings about his "partner" Mary Ambrose.
Billy Bongo

San Diego, CA

#47 Jan 15, 2011
I read the posts by Holly Moore, Esme Martins and Dee. I loved them. I am from San Diego, California and thought it was also cool that Robert Palmer had a home in Del Mar and friends that live here too. I would like to meet the ladies. They sound like they would be a blast to hang out with. I am only 24 years old but I really loved Robert Palmer's music. My dad put me on to him. What a whack job Mary Ambrose sounds like. I would like to have appeared in movies too, but as it turns out I am an apprentice cabinet maker. But what the hell, I am going to say that I was in movies I was not in. If Mary Ambrose can do it, so can I. Also, I am going to say that I appeared on the cover of GQ, even though I am 5'9 and weigh 190. Oh well, whatever floats your boat. I applaud Robert and his efforts to try to enact a more clean lifestyle prior to his death. It sounds like Geraldine Edwards was a nice lady who was really concerned. She gets my vote of approval. I read that she is a Legal Admisitrator. I can only imagine the conversations that she and Robert Palmer had. I always read that Robert Palmer was very intelligent. Robert Palmer was one cool, smooth man. May he RIP.

“Keep Britain Pagan”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

London, UK

#49 Jan 15, 2011
kerri wrote:
Was he a Muslim?
If not, who cares?
This is not Kerri.

This is Ronan, maliciously out to misrepresent and antagonise.

“Keep Britain Pagan”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

London, UK

#51 Jan 15, 2011
ronan wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep telling you to address your complaints to Blunt Mocker and not me!
I've addressed them to the moderators, via the feedback link.

Let's see what they make of your behaviour, shall we?

Level 4

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#52 Jan 16, 2011
Palmer, who made his home in Lugano, Switzerland, for his last 15 years, was in Paris, France when he died of a sudden heart attack on 26 September 2003. He was 54 years old. He is interred at the cemetery in Lugano.

In October 2004, newspapers reported on the struggle for Palmer's estate, worth an estimated £30 million ($46 million), between Mary Ambrose and Palmer's two children. Although Palmer had allegedly changed his will to favour Ambrose, Swiss law does not recognise common-law wives, resulting in a battle between Ambrose and James and Jane Palmer.[8] The matter remains unresolved.
Leo Stapleton

San Diego, CA

#53 Jul 1, 2011
The Lugano Jazz festival took place yesterday, June 30, 2011. One of the great performers there was the legendary Jack Bruce. You know that he was thinking of his good friend Robert Palmer, who made his home in Lugano before his death. I had the privelege of working with Robert Palmer as a side player on quite a few occasions, and I still remember those times. I would bet that Bruce dedicated his set to Robert Palmer. Few people enjoyed jazz more than Robert. He considered it a premier form of music. Jack Bruce happened to be the last person who had dinner with Robert before he passed away, and I know he was grateful for having that chance. Those two were tight for a long time. The comment I read about Mary Ambrose v. The Estate of Robert Palmer is outdated and incorrect. The matter is not unresolved, it was settled in it's finality in 2007, when, for the third time in a Court of Law Mary Ambrose did not prevail. I am no legal expert, but from what was written by legal experts, she was entitled to no further appeals. Se la ve. I thought about Geraldine Edwards, Robert Palmer's beautiful girlfriend, when I read about the Lugano Jazz Festival. The lady has class. I spoke with her about six months ago, and she was doing great. She handled an unfortunate and untenable situation with more aplumb that I ever could have. She and her husband had recently hosted a charity dinner to benefit UNICEF, and as she joked she "strongarmed" her friends in the legal community to attend. They were pleased with the results. Robert was always proud of his lady and anyone that had ever met her would know why. My best to Robert's "seaturtles" aka his kids and Susan and Shelly, two class A ladies.
Rosie

Erie, PA

#54 Jan 27, 2013
You all are wrong wrong wrong. I am her cousin in OH. I know the true story. Remember, you reap what you soe. Shame on you! Who's Michael? She didn't have a brother named Michael nor farher. she did live in San Fran but was born and raised in OH. Her brothers were, Stanley Paul, Tommy and Billy (William) her sisters are Susan and Christine. I would be more than happy to challenge you in court. Shame on you all! Also her name is Mary Francis and her dad is Stanley and mom, Caroline (living in OH). I am proud to be her cousin. My mother was her dads sister....we are family! Shame on you all!
Valirie

Arlington, VA

#56 Jun 30, 2013
What ever, so sorry about all the idiot post on this thread. i aabsolutely loved his music and his style. From a true fan. 10 years after , but at least I showed up.
Wintergirl

Spring, TX

#57 Aug 8, 2013
It's time to call it a day.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#58 Aug 10, 2013
HHC wrote:
<quoted text>
Reasons why someone would not know Robert Palmer died five years ago:
1. Too cheap to buy a newspaper and read the news from Granny's attic.
2. They were lost in the Bush years. In a state of suspended animation.
3. They were in a coma.
4. They were in the Twilight Zone.
5. They were kept in my dungeon, I just let them begin catching up with the news.
6. They liked the feeling of mourning and wanted to mourn again their favourite idol.
7. They just got back from holiday on Mars.
8. The 2003 headline of Palmer dying was a hoax. He really is dead now!!
9. They wanted to show their keen sense of being on top of business.
10. They are members of the Die Again Society. Now taking applications for membership. Please consult the first poster about membership.
Somewhat belatedly I have stumbled upon you and fell instantly in love. Are you still around?

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#59 Aug 10, 2013
Wintergirl wrote:
It's time to call it a day.
Sign in and start propping me.

We have a mutual hate for a fat, silly, old, ugly, mean bigoted nurse. That should be worth something. She's worth nothing. No one will even pay her for a BJ.
topazz

Spring, TX

#60 Aug 10, 2013
Thanks, but I hope to give this DUMP up. There's really nothing interesting here and Tired of Diabetes Gastric Bypass isn't bringing anything to the table except fried Salmon Patties, Fattening Mac and Cheese or other kinds of Pasta Slop, followed by Oyster Dressing and probably some Big Butt Fattening Cheese Dip with chips. Wonder if she is still driving through and getting fast food and blending it up so she can get it past her bypass or lap band.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min My New Alias RULES 1,383,839
News Libertarians pick ex-New Mexico Gov. Johnson fo... 1 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Alfred the early ... 59,537
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 7 hr Murphey_Law 513,251
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 9 hr Murph 73,638
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) Sat Princess Hey 22,971
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) Sat RuffnReddy 25,561
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages