Ginn fights lawsuit, other woes

Ginn fights lawsuit, other woes

There are 729 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Oct 5, 2007, titled Ginn fights lawsuit, other woes. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Bobby Ginn launched colorful fireworks in the Bahamas this summer to help that island nation celebrate its Independence Day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Work

United States

#26 Oct 9, 2007
jrs wrote:
<quoted text>The bigger they are the harder they fall! you would have to be a cheeseball to buy anything this guy has to sell can you say no class!
You are an idiot! I know Mr. Ginn and you cannot ask for a more generous person than he is. Do you know anything about him? Do you know all the charities he is involved with? Do you know he had a house built for the less fortunate? Bobby gives back 100% to the community and his resorts are absolutely amazing! Must be jealousy.
Working

United States

#27 Oct 9, 2007
jrs wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I do checked out his promotion party he had for Colina at the Marriott can you say song and dance!personally I wouldn't buy anything he has to sell!
Thats probably because you couldn't afford anything he sells and that is why you have so much anger. Because your poor.
Thin the herd

Lady Lake, FL

#29 Oct 9, 2007
jrs wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I do checked out his promotion party he had for Colina at the Marriott can you say song and dance!personally I wouldn't buy anything he has to sell!
jrs, oviously you you really are working with bogus facts. Bobby Ginn has devoted a tremendous amount of money not only to the rebuilding of hurricane property, but everyone who has worked for him, with exception of his NASCAR venture, loves him. He is a hard working do it yourself hands on person. Dont talk trash,... I take that back, it's a good thing in America that jealous wanna bees can talk trash it just shows your lack of knowledge and facts. I at least know people who work for him, and they get treated right. THIN THE HERD!!!
Thin the herd

Lady Lake, FL

#30 Oct 9, 2007
jrs wrote:
First of all you shouldn't need a big promo party to sell a development. A quality development should sell itself. What sells a development location and access the two things missing in Bella Colina. Developers like Ginn are also to blame for the mess the Real Estate Market is in by over inflating the land prices in the Montverde area guys a real prince! take 10 years to fix the mess he created!
You really are a jealous person! Whats the matter were you forclosed on? Or can you just not afford property? Everytime you open your jealous mouth you show your ignorance.
TTT

United States

#31 Oct 9, 2007
HBR wrote:
The problem is not that the buyers were greedy, which they probably were/are. The problem here is that the Ginn salespeople outright lied to them and persuaded them to buy these properties with verbal (and sometimes written) guarantees that they could profit (illegal) and get out quickly (illegal). Investment is a 4-letter word for that company, and it was used repeatedly.
Where in the article does it say the Michigan plaintifs have written guarantees? Sounds to me like it's just their word against Ginn's. And, how do you explain the fact that some plaintiffs bought from other plaintiffs? Should they be suing each other and not Ginn? Suing Ginn in this instance is like buying a home from KB Homes, selling it to someone else and then having that buyer sue KB Homes...for what...KB wouldn't be involved in that second sale...once they sell the home the first time, they are out. Same for Ginn...once they sell the land, the new owner owns it and has a right to sell or build on it. These people tried to make a quick buck and got caught, just like the Ginn employee was quoted in the article. That's going on all over Florida...and probably Michigan, and other parts of the country where people invested in real estate to make a quick buck. Real estate is a long term investment.
Work

United States

#32 Oct 10, 2007
Thin the herd wrote:
<quoted text> You really are a jealous person! Whats the matter were you forclosed on? Or can you just not afford property? Everytime you open your jealous mouth you show your ignorance.
When was this promo party? Was it in December?
Work

United States

#33 Oct 10, 2007
jrs wrote:
First of all you shouldn't need a big promo party to sell a development. A quality development should sell itself. What sells a development location and access the two things missing in Bella Colina. Developers like Ginn are also to blame for the mess the Real Estate Market is in by over inflating the land prices in the Montverde area guys a real prince! take 10 years to fix the mess he created!
When wss this promo party? Was it in December?
interested

United States

#34 Oct 10, 2007
clearly these were greedy investors who wanted to "flip" the property and make big money, I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. the investors are the cause that drove the prices of homes up in FL and for those of us who live and work here, many of us living in homes that are not worth what we paid for them and can barely afford-too bad we all can't sue for our losses. Buyer beware
Disenchanted

Winter Garden, FL

#35 Oct 11, 2007
Bobby Ginn is not the problem although he and his company do make a great scapegoat for disgruntled buyers. It is human failing to blame someone else for our lack or foresight or in most cases common sense. Post development "actually while the development was still under construction" people came in paying hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars for lots that used to be part of a peat mine. Regardless of what a sales person tells you, one should be realistic enough to see that real estate is a volatile a market as any stock selling on the NYSE. There are no promises that can be make to ensure you will make money. For some reason every developer or real estate investor I have ever met thinks that they are entitled to a profit on the resale of their land. I bet these same people don't think that they are entitled to profits on their stock portfolio when their invested companies are in a slow market. IE: every one who had tech stocks and held on too long (me included!)
jrs

Daytona Beach, FL

#36 Oct 13, 2007
Working wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats probably because you couldn't afford anything he sells and that is why you have so much anger. Because your poor.
Yeah kiss his butt you worthless Troll!
jrs

Daytona Beach, FL

#37 Oct 13, 2007
Thin the herd wrote:
<quoted text> You really are a jealous person! Whats the matter were you forclosed on? Or can you just not afford property? Everytime you open your jealous mouth you show your ignorance.
Yeah and you prove how big of a Pathedic Brown Noser you are! you see I can be as childish as you are!
jrs

Daytona Beach, FL

#38 Oct 13, 2007
Thin the herd wrote:
<quoted text>jrs, oviously you you really are working with bogus facts. Bobby Ginn has devoted a tremendous amount of money not only to the rebuilding of hurricane property, but everyone who has worked for him, with exception of his NASCAR venture, loves him. He is a hard working do it yourself hands on person. Dont talk trash,... I take that back, it's a good thing in America that jealous wanna bees can talk trash it just shows your lack of knowledge and facts. I at least know people who work for him, and they get treated right. THIN THE HERD!!!
What Bobby Ginn did to Montverde was go in and leave them high and dry with his stupid Bella Colina dream! He even stated at the party that he developed Colina because he fell in love with the land any experienced developer knows thats the biggest mistake you can make. Fall in love with the location access and most important the numbers! He bought this property for $35,000 per acre if he cared about the community as you state why did he price these lots out of their reach! Think about it if you ever get a chance to remove your lips from his behind!
yler

Pompano Beach, FL

#39 Oct 29, 2007
UF ALUM wrote:
I think Ginn has more problems than we know about...Lots were up for auction not to long ago in Palm Coast...You don't auction land if there are no problems...
you need to get your facts straight. Those lots were auctioned off by sellers that were going broke...not bobby ginn
rhonda michaud

Clearwater, FL

#40 Oct 30, 2007
Working wrote:
<quoted text>
All I know is I am one of his investors, I am currently in foreclosure due to his false promises and my electric is about to be shut off.
marko

Bedford, TX

#41 Oct 30, 2007
i'm chad kirby speaking in behalf of mr. ginn:any questions regarding him,you can call me at four o seven..five six nine..six three seven seven..
TTT

Orlando, FL

#42 Nov 14, 2007
rhonda michaud wrote:
<quoted text> All I know is I am one of his investors, I am currently in foreclosure due to his false promises and my electric is about to be shut off.
Where do you own property in one of the Ginn locations and what specifically were the false promises?
Pro Ginn

Saint Augustine, FL

#43 Nov 17, 2007
Hey UF Alum, i found out the ones that were auctioning were individual property owners, not Ginn Company. I am a satisfied property owner with Ginn in Palm Coast. You had me worried there for a second. Thus far, Ginn has overdelivered on every promise they have made. Just this February, they added an 18 hole golf course to the club which was never part of the plans. No complaints, here.
Pro Ginn

Saint Augustine, FL

#44 Nov 17, 2007
TTT wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you own property in one of the Ginn locations and what specifically were the false promises?
No, seriously, what were the false promises? I am currently upside down in real estate right now, but the person at fault is in the mirror.
Pro Ginn

Saint Augustine, FL

#45 Nov 17, 2007
jrs wrote:
<quoted text>The bigger they are the harder they fall! you would have to be a cheeseball to buy anything this guy has to sell can you say no class!
It's funny that you said "the bigger they are," as many of the people that buy with Ginn are big, you know, "big" professional athletes, "big"celebrities, "big" Fortune 500 CEO's, etc. See 'ya little fella!
Pro Ginn

Saint Augustine, FL

#46 Nov 17, 2007
jrs wrote:
Does JRS stand for "just really stupid?" By the way, I am going out a limb here, but was your neighborhood built by a Developer, or your fairy Godmother? Unrealistic expectations created the market that we are in. Ginn's job is to build the type of community that he says he is going to build.......period......the end. It is not his job to run credit checks on his buyers to see if the person buying it can afford to carry it. That is the job of financial institutions. Give me a freaking break. Hey, be sure to sue The Bellagio on your next trip to Vegas when it lands on red after you keep betting on black.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Cheech the Conser... 1,601,747
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 4 hr Murphey_Law 513,681
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 13 hr LizW 73,841
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 13 hr zazz 98,517
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 hr It s Weather Not ... 63,974
News Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not ... (Jan '09) 20 hr james52 244
Puerto Rico Sucks (Jun '08) Thu Guest 1,335

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages