Ginn fights lawsuit, other woes

Bobby Ginn launched colorful fireworks in the Bahamas this summer to help that island nation celebrate its Independence Day. Full Story
First Prev
of 37
Next Last
Sue who

West Monroe, LA

#1 Oct 5, 2007
Who or what is Sue Ginn?
nokidding

Clearwater, FL

#2 Oct 5, 2007
Figures.. These individuals that bought land and now can't sell it or it's worth less are crying just like the poeple who bought homes that they really could not afford and now can't pay for. Now they want to back out because it's not going their way. Well sometime things just don't go your way and you have to hang in for the long term or take your losses and start again. We have become a country of cry babies. I don't feel one bit sorry for these individuals and Ginn should tell them all to pound sand.
The Kid Rides Again

Trenton, NJ

#3 Oct 5, 2007
These people should get real. They bought when the prices were high and were thinking about making a killing, but the market went down. Now they are crying fraud. I do not feel a bit sorry for them.
obobfla

Orlando, FL

#4 Oct 5, 2007
How about a phone call to Michigan? Nothing against Ginn, but wouldn't any responsible journalist make a phone call to one of the people suing Ginn? Without that comment, this is a PR piece, not news.
Shameful

AOL

#5 Oct 5, 2007
They all get what they get for their part in over devloping Florida.
Which in the end will lower property values for all of us.
Old news

Charlotte, NC

#6 Oct 5, 2007
I already read this story somewhere else way back in early summer. And that story had the Michigan attorney quoted ... and I think I read even more about it a few months back. I agree with the comment that says it should have additional comment from the other party.
I feel for the people, but I got to agree with the fact that buying real estate is a gamble. You win some, you lose some.
UF ALUM

Apopka, FL

#7 Oct 5, 2007
I think Ginn has more problems than we know about...Lots were up for auction not to long ago in Palm Coast...You don't auction land if there are no problems...
real talk 101

United States

#9 Oct 5, 2007
i remember this group at the huge release of property on the course. i remember them because i didnt get a golf lot because this group was complaining about having the 1st selection over anyone else becaue they already owned in another ginn development. greedy people. i drove by the bella collina place last week. man, that clubhouse is the best ive ever seen. still too expensive for me though. a little overpriced for this market.
just some thoughts

Orlando, FL

#11 Oct 5, 2007
I was at the original Bella Colina launch...it was amazing - first class the whole way...I was able to buy a lot and resold it less than 6 months for almost double what i paid for it...there was a time where the demand was still high and you could have made a nice profit - but some people were sooo greedy, trying to squeeze every bit they could out of the property and now they are stuck - but don't feel bad for them, many of paid between 300-500k for the lots and have asking prices close to 800 or 900k...still being greedy - the people that got burned are the second phase buyers and re-buyers...but i will say that it is the premier place to live in the orlando area - bar none...its actually too nice for orlando...
DBB

United States

#12 Oct 5, 2007
Why would someone would buy lake front property in Bella Colina first place and it sits on polluted Lake Apopka? Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't the sentinel do a story this past summer on the smell from thousands dead fish floating in Lake Apopka from the pollution? I can only imagine sitting in my $3 million + macmansion and having the nice aroma smell of dead fish during the dead heat of summer. Bad investment and bad advice if you ask me.
HBR

Clearwater, FL

#13 Oct 5, 2007
The problem is not that the buyers were greedy, which they probably were/are. The problem here is that the Ginn salespeople outright lied to them and persuaded them to buy these properties with verbal (and sometimes written) guarantees that they could profit (illegal) and get out quickly (illegal). Investment is a 4-letter word for that company, and it was used repeatedly.
JKFL

Live Oak, FL

#14 Oct 5, 2007
I agree with nokidding and DBB comments. Mr. Ginn was selling property just like everyone else out there. No one forced them on an airplane to come and buy a piece of Bella Colina. The sad thing is that the only ones complaining are the ones who's motive was to resell the property and got stuck. One word of advice, check the local property appraiser's office before you buy anything. On another note, should Mr. Ginn be paid a commission on all the development that has been generated from Bella Colina? It is funny that everything going in around this development is called "blank" Colina or Bella "blank". Go figure.
Red Tide

Orlando, FL

#15 Oct 5, 2007
just some thoughts wrote:
i will say that it is the premier place to live in the orlando area - bar none...its actually too nice for orlando...
There are much nicer spots in Orlando metro. Collina is isolated - access is difficult - and there is no high end shopping and NO culture in that area. The west side of town is home to too many 'pine hills' and 'metrowests.'

And besides, Lake Apopka is a cesspool that you can't even swim or boat in!

A place isn't 'nice' simply b/c its in the middle of a bunch of other Mcmansions which are there b/c someone told them 'its nice.'

I guess maybe its the "premier spot" if you're the kind of person that never leaves your locked house, doesn't go outside, and never ever goes beyond the security fence and guard at the front...
just some thoughts

Orlando, FL

#16 Oct 5, 2007
I understand your point "red tide" - but some of the attraction is that it is isolated...have you been out there? you need to see what they are doing...equestian center, riding trails, a clubhouse that makes a ritz carlton look a motel 6, gourmet dining, health club, spa, tennis, lagoon swimming pools, not to mention the incredible golf courses...its not your typical development with nice homes - it is a resort...i'd love to be "isolated" out there...and the homes that are being built out there are absolutely incredible!!
Jessica

United States

#17 Oct 5, 2007
Bobby Ginn is a great man, and this is a great company to work for. People just get jealous, humble people such as Bobby triumph big in this world!!!!!
Thomas Ginn

Houston, TX

#18 Oct 5, 2007
Wonderful article...
Osceola Observer

United States

#19 Oct 6, 2007
In business one of the attributes that distinguishes between success and failure is the ability to make decisions for yourself.

Do not rely on salesman pitches. Know your product, know your market and know when to buy or sell.

Bobby Ginn is an honorable man
LIBERALS HATE facts

Altamonte Springs, FL

#20 Oct 6, 2007
As I was fortunate enough recently to play the Nickalus course at Reunion, my golfing partner and I discussed Ginn and his 'empire'.

Frankly...WOW!

Especially coming BACK from bankruptcy! That's awesome.

I think this guy is a model of how to keep fighting and growing. I would love to get to know more about how he has managed such success.

I work very hard in many ventures that I want to see grow....80+hrs a week most week....but this guy is the master of WORKING SMART!
cant dispute this

El Paso, TX

#21 Oct 6, 2007
the people were greedy if it sounds to good to be true it is. to bad for them no one held a gun on them.
Working

United States

#24 Oct 9, 2007
jrs wrote:
<quoted text>The bigger they are the harder they fall! you would have to be a cheeseball to buy anything this guy has to sell can you say no class!
You don't have any idea what you are talking about. you don't know the man and you know nothing about the company. He is a very generous man and it is a great company to work for. Everyone works hard!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 37
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 24 min DBWriter 1,128,969
Rick Scott - before you vote 1 hr Florida voter 1
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr King George 96,529
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr janeschinhair 488,871
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 2 hr janeschinhair 17,720
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 9 hr Princess Hey 2,557
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 9 hr Princess Hey 9,124
Orlando Dating
Find my Match

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]