Heard Wal-Mart will cut hours because of obamacare

Posted in the Orlando Forum

s howard

Columbia, TN

#1 Oct 15, 2012
I know many companies are cutting employees to under 30 hrs, it appears it is going to spread

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#2 Oct 15, 2012
Cause Walmart as always been known has being a fair company who always supports it's employees. Sure.

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#3 Oct 15, 2012
Darden is doing the same. They are examining hours to cut back on full time employees.

This is what happens when the government tries to over-legislate business practices. Do some laws need to exist to protect the worker? Absolutely. But neither businesses nor the government should be responsible for every frakkin aspect of our lives.
SEE A PIC OF THE TROLL

Palm Bay, FL

#5 Oct 15, 2012
Do Not Blame God wrote:
<quoted text> Again take your fat head out of the bag and put the cap on the glue . Pilot Oil just purchased a ball team in Ohio for ONE BILLION DOLLARS ???
The above poster is CRAZY Ron the CONVICTED FELON. He has a long RECORD of LOW LIFE activities

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#7 Oct 15, 2012
Post number six makes no sense~~
Even for Ron mentality.
Does he really think anyone links to any of this garbage he post?
SEE A PIC OF THE TROLL

Palm Bay, FL

#12 Oct 15, 2012
Low Life At The Top wrote:
<quoted text> I'm so sorry that number six was to deep for you . Get off topix and turn on the TV and watch the View ! They tell many lies that you will understand better .
The above poster is CRAZY Ron the CONVICTED FELON. He has a long RECORD of LOW LIFE activities

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#13 Oct 15, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
Post number six makes no sense~~
Even for Ron mentality.
Does he really think anyone links to any of this garbage he post?
Even though I get the whole Darden restaurants serving poor quality food compared to what they were years ago, the post made little sense after that.

“Don't try to”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

if u can't shake it.

#14 Oct 15, 2012
Obamacare has nothing to do with it.
This is a business practice that has been happening for well over 15 years now.
Lots of minimum wage jobs, especially in retail, have been doing this.

As soon as corporate speak started being heard in the healthcare industry about 15 years ago it's been downhill for every one.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#15 Oct 15, 2012
WAS sanka wrote:
Obamacare has nothing to do with it.
This is a business practice that has been happening for well over 15 years now.
Lots of minimum wage jobs, especially in retail, have been doing this.
As soon as corporate speak started being heard in the healthcare industry about 15 years ago it's been downhill for every one.
This was happening 28 years ago with Healthcare workers in hospitals in this area. No one was hiring full-time nurses. Just per diem.

Walmart has had the same idea for several years. Why pay more for one full-time employee when two part-timers are cheaper.

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#18 Apr 15, 2013
Obama is really destroying America.
Florida Fatties

Spring, TX

#20 Jun 29, 2013
Anyone who shops at Walmart gets what they get. The dregs of humanity shop there. At least upgrade to Sam's Club or go to a real grocery store and shop at stores that carry brands that don't fall apart in six months or less.
Wintergirl

Spring, TX

#21 Aug 8, 2013
Walmart doesn't staff enough people, so they don't get my business. There are plenty of better grocery stores. Even Sam's beats Walmart. I guess they can afford to pay their employees because you have to buy a membership to shop there. You don't have to shop with the dregs of humanity.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#22 Aug 10, 2013
"Heard Wal-Mart will cut hours because of obamacare"

Not so. They have used part time employees for decades to avoid overtime and benefits. The only change they are making is to blame Obamacare.

“BIOMOM”

Level 4

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#23 Aug 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
Not so. They have used part time employees for decades to avoid overtime and benefits. The only change they are making is to blame Obamacare.
It's all part and parcel of the plan to eliminate the middle class. Good morning Zazz.

Level 2

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#24 Aug 10, 2013
[QUOTE who"UZZA BUZZA"]<quoted text>
It's all part and parcel of the plan to eliminate the middle class. Good morning Zazz.[/QUOTE]

:)
Everything is Bigger

Spring, TX

#27 Sep 13, 2013
zazz wrote:
Read the stuff on the Trader Joe thread. Some people were working there because they offered insurance. It's actually hurting people instead of helping. I didn't like Trader Joe's that much.
I don't like Walmart either. Guess I'll stick with Hubbell and Hudson since it's the best place I've found so far. It has a restaurant (Bistro), Cooking School, Deli, Bakery, fresh organic food, frozen food, specialty foods, etc. plus gifts, the works. You don't see the same crew you see in Walmart.
I don't like the tilt-a-whirl thing they use to sack groceries. They don't do that at Sam's. Well, enough whining. There are better places.

“BIOMOM”

Level 4

Location hidden

#28 Sep 23, 2013
Dull-Normal wrote:
<quoted text>
Nabeyaki Udon

Spring, TX

#29 Sep 23, 2013
GloomyRDarwin wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all part and parcel of the plan to eliminate the middle class. Good morning Zazz.
part-time workers at walmart are not going to make the cut off for middle class.

“BIOMOM”

Level 4

Location hidden

#31 Sep 26, 2013
Nabeyaki Udon wrote:
<quoted text>
part-time workers at walmart are not going to make the cut off for middle class.
Try and keep up with the smart kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RealDave 1,115,304
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 5 min Liberal forever 2,141
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Patriot AKA Bozo 47,029
2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 20 min Liberal forever 2,986
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 31 min AN other 488,226
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 51 min Mary NY 25,884
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 54 min Bunner 96,467

Orlando Jobs

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]