Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1484358 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Ray Donovan

East Hartford, CT

#1195117 Sep 1, 2014
President Barack Hussein Coward

NBC’s Richard Engel told Andrea Mitchell on Meet the Press that the growth of ISIL in Iraq and Syria was “incredibly predictable.”

“We reported about it. Reporters risked their lives going into Syria to talk about this buildup of extremists in the country, yet nothing seems to have been done. And now we have a very serious situation,” said Engel.

Engel also reported that military commanders are “apoplectic”(for you useful liberal idiots -- http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/apo... ) over the president’s inaction in Syria:“I speak to military commanders, I speak to former officials, and they are apoplectic. They think that this is a clear and present danger. They think something needs to be done.”

BTW, anyone know when Obama's tee time is on 9/11?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1195118 Sep 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
History Lesson 101:
When President Reagan entered office in 1981, he faced actually much worse economic problems than President Obama faced in 2009. By 1981-1982, unemployment had soared into double digits at a peak of 10.8%. At the same time America suffered roaring double-digit inflation with the CPI registering at 11.3% in 1979 and 13.5% in 1980 (25% in two years). The Washington establishment at the time argued that this inflation was now endemic to the American economy, and could not be stopped, at least not without a calamitous economic collapse.
All of the above was accompanied by double -digit interest rates with the prime rate peaking at 21.5% in 1980. The poverty rate started increasing in 1978 eventually climbing by an astounding 33% from 11.4% to 15.2%. A fall in real median family income that began in 1978 snowballed to a decline of almost 10% by 1982. In addition, from 1968 to 1982, the Dow Jones industrial average lost 70% of its real value, reflecting an overall collapse of stocks.
The Reagan recovery started in official records in November 1982 and lasted 92 months without a recession until July 1990 when the tax increases of the 1990 budget deal killed it.
During Reagan's seven-year recovery, the economy grew by almost one-third, the equivalent of adding the entire economy of West Germany, the third-largest in the world at the time, to the U.S. economy. In 1984 alone real economic growth boomed by 6.8%, the highest in 50 years. Nearly 20 million new jobs were created during the recovery, increasing U.S. civilian employment by almost 20%. Unemployment fell to 5.3% by 1989.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2011...
Obama went the exact opposite direction of Reagan. We're still struggling to get a foothold on the economy in 2014. By the time Obama leaves office and Obamacare does a bigger number on the economy, Obama's sluggish recovery will have lasted longer than Reagan's seven-year robust recovery after turning things around in his first two years in office.
It's also why 65-70% of Americans believe we're still going in the wrong direction.
you giving a history lesson is rich..

was there a global recession in progress when Reagan took over? no. was the financial, banking and auto industries on the verge of collapse 9actually already collapsed for the former two..)? no.

one more subject you clearly have no knowledge of, dear!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1195119 Sep 1, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Speaking for terrorists now, sonicfktard, or are you simply parroting some half witted pinko from media matters?
Tell you what - I wouldn't be so naive to speak for all Islamic psychopaths, but I can guarantee this - a majority or terrorists, without a doubt, laugh at the coward, AKA Obama Hussein Obama.
Hey, at least you have that intellectual celebrity Grey Ghost agreeing with you.
Mid East polls show that Obama is hated much more than Bush was. well, other than Israel.they kinda like Obama.

no one was afraid of Bush. the endless stream of Bushisms gave most the impression that the guy didn't have a brain in his head. terrorists were like 'What? Me Worry?'. and now all they do is spend their day trying to hide from satellites whilst cursing that black guy in the WH for making their life's so miserable. Bush could only wish.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1195120 Sep 1, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
President Barack Hussein Coward
NBC’s Richard Engel told Andrea Mitchell on Meet the Press that the growth of ISIL in Iraq and Syria was “incredibly predictable.”
“We reported about it. Reporters risked their lives going into Syria to talk about this buildup of extremists in the country, yet nothing seems to have been done. And now we have a very serious situation,” said Engel.
Engel also reported that military commanders are “apoplectic”(for you useful liberal idiots -- http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/apo... ) over the president’s inaction in Syria:“I speak to military commanders, I speak to former officials, and they are apoplectic. They think that this is a clear and present danger. They think something needs to be done.”
BTW, anyone know when Obama's tee time is on 9/11?
and what is it this desk jockey suggest obama should have done about islamic factions in syria?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1195121 Sep 1, 2014
Obama’s No Strategy response is really Girlie, how many more Rounds of Golf before a Decision/Strategy is reach?
gggg

Scott City, KS

#1195122 Sep 1, 2014
Why is it so important to Obama that his public image be that all he does is play golf?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1195123 Sep 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He surrounded himself with the wrong people giving him the wrong advise and is too self-centered to think it's possible his vision is wrong.
He's out of his league. He's the JV team in the super bowl. There's no point even rooting for him. The die was cast in 2008 and the obvious outcome is just waiting for it to get here.
so says one who voted for the foreign policy failure called Bush.

i would think it would be very clear why no one is paying attention to those who wanted us in Iraq.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1195124 Sep 1, 2014
Breaking the Bad Habit of Interventionism

The U.S. admittedly was an expansionist power in our own hemisphere during the 19th century, but it was otherwise careful not to interfere or take sides in other nations’ internal affairs. It was mainly just in the last seventy years that the U.S. took it upon itself to take an active role in internal conflicts elsewhere in the world, and then usually with disastrous results for the countries affected by this interference. That is what Americans have soured on over the last ten years, and it is what they will likely keep rejecting in the foreseeable future. Even if Americans have now become accustomed to meddling in the internal affairs of other nations, that is not something inherent in who we are as a nation. This is something that we have learned through steady repetition over decades. It is a bad habit that can and should be broken and replaced with one of non-interference.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1195125 Sep 1, 2014
scirocco wrote:
Thanks Obama...
Jordan to NATO: ISIS Terrorists Have Begun to Infiltrate Our Borders - Eli Leon and Yoni Hirsh (Israel Hayom-Hebrew)
Saudi media report that Jordan has provided NATO with detailed secret information that IS (formerly ISIS) terrorists are infiltrating into the kingdom from Iraq and Syria.
The British ambassador to Jordan, Peter Millet, said that his country and NATO were prepared to assist Jordan against the threat from IS.
http://digital-edition.israelhayom.co.il/Oliv...
does this have to do with Obama? do you think he gave them a lift over the border? what a tool!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1195126 Sep 1, 2014
Rand Paul....

"If American interests are at stake," I said in September, "then it is incumbent upon those advocating for military action to convince Congress and the American people of that threat. Too often, the debate begins and ends with an assertion that our national interest is at stake without any evidence of that assertion. The burden of proof lies with those who wish to engage in war."

http://online.wsj.com/articles/rand-paul-how-...

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1195127 Sep 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Obama's father as a young boy did herd goats.
And really, the lie about Churchill's bust? Are you really this f*cking stupid?
No. She is a devious liar. EVERYONE knows that the Churchill bust is located in the White House residence but Kvetch was raised on the "tell a lie often enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" or, at the very least, it will succeed in denigrating the president.

The Rethug Mantra: Truth is our greatest enemy.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1195128 Sep 1, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Speaking for terrorists now, sonicfktard, or are you simply parroting some half witted pinko from media matters?
Tell you what - I wouldn't be so naive to speak for all Islamic psychopaths, but I can guarantee this - a majority or terrorists, without a doubt, laugh at the coward, AKA Obama Hussein Obama.
Hey, at least you have that intellectual celebrity Grey Ghost agreeing with you.
Old whiney ass sharing his gross stupidity I see. Obama has been far more effective against Terrorist than your two dumbos were. He has killed more [including bin Ladin] as usual you baggers allow your hatred and ignorance to interfere with the facts and reality, which makes you unpatriotic lemmings. But your constant whine is amusing.

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1195129 Sep 1, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol!
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TI79GC...
You're full of crap son.
Don't ask others to deliver what you won't.
And don't bitch and moan about the treatment either!!!!
"yuck"
Little girl would you please explain "and don't bitch and moan about the treatment either!!!!". I do not ask any poster to "deliver" it would be a waste. All most all posters on this thread and are set in their beliefs and my posts or yours will not change a thing.
What I do on this post is call out the phoneys and hypocrites like you.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1195130 Sep 1, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
We lost Four Americans at our Embassy in Libya now ISIS is swimming in our Pool, the challenge from ISIS to Obama… Whatta going to Do!!
It wasn't an "embassy" stupid and the CONSULATE has been deserted for years. If IS wants to swim in the algae-filled pools, terrific. Perhaps they'll catch a disease.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1195131 Sep 1, 2014
TSM wrote:
Obama’s No Strategy response is really Girlie, how many more Rounds of Golf before a Decision/Strategy is reach?
Obama is handling things quite well dumbo. We are systematically taking care of ISIS while losing none of ours in the process, no wonder you and your bagger fanatics are confused as you seem to prefer that we lose many members of our military while you lie connive and pretend to be all patriotic. You morons are being reduced to war mongering band of hate filled racist crybabies.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1195132 Sep 1, 2014
Liberals/Democrats I know Obama is Proud of you but ISIS Even more!! You’ve been condition to accept whatever you’ve been Told, Vacant of Common Sense, Submissive, and most of all Loyal Soldiers!!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1195133 Sep 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you giving a history lesson is rich..
was there a global recession in progress when Reagan took over? no. was the financial, banking and auto industries on the verge of collapse 9actually already collapsed for the former two..)? no.
one more subject you clearly have no knowledge of, dear!
I agree! History lessons? This is Monday morning comedy hour!

Meanwhile, back in the great state of CT; home of Gunner, Fred, Grampy and who else? Nostrils?
comes this:

Police Tracked Cell Phone to Find Person of Interest in Potential Presidential Threat

The suspect was reportedly driving a car with Connecticut plates

Hamden, Connecticut, police say that a vehicle believed to be driven by a suspicious person who may have threatened President Barack Obama has been located and a person involved was taken into custody late Friday night.

According to Hamden Police, a Volkswagen Jetta was located on Mix Avenue in Hamden, where the person's address was listed, late Friday.

Hamden Police say that, along with Connecticut State Police and the Secret Service, they converged on the car outside an ice rink.

The Secret Service took a person into custody for questioning after tracking the individual's cell phone.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Poli...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1195134 Sep 1, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Rand Paul....
"If American interests are at stake," I said in September, "then it is incumbent upon those advocating for military action to convince Congress and the American people of that threat. Too often, the debate begins and ends with an assertion that our national interest is at stake without any evidence of that assertion. The burden of proof lies with those who wish to engage in war."
http://online.wsj.com/articles/rand-paul-how-...
Interesting....
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1195135 Sep 1, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"yuck"
Little girl would you please explain "and don't bitch and moan about the treatment either!!!!". I do not ask any poster to "deliver" it would be a waste. All most all posters on this thread and are set in their beliefs and my posts or yours will not change a thing.
What I do on this post is call out the phoneys and hypocrites like you.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
There you go with using facts as an tool in arguing with Americas version of the Taliban [AKA} Baggers.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1195136 Sep 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't an "embassy" stupid and the CONSULATE has been deserted for years. If IS wants to swim in the algae-filled pools, terrific. Perhaps they'll catch a disease.
Sorry I posted to the idiot Easy Eed by mistake... But you are using facts again and you know just how confusing that is to Baggers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 23 min Tn Guy 13,191
News Hallmark Delivers a 'Christmas Card' (Nov '07) 9 hr COL Jeremy US NAVY 84
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 62,986
Pa and NJ adoptees and birth parents......... r... Mon joanNYadoptees 2
Princess Hey Mon Tn Guy 1
subs weed roofiess Xanies bar,Blues,oc's,molly Sun sisi 1
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) Sun Princess Hey 19,333

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages