Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1177575 Jul 31, 2014
Republican Congress currently busy in there circular firing squad, what a bunch of do nothing idiots, Al Qaeda is only marginally worse for our nation than the Republicans. We should sue those idiots for not doing their job talk about a locked case. These morons are embarrassing to normal people. November is looking good. They are as dumb as the idiots on the right here are.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1177576 Jul 31, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'we need more undocumented workers injected into the' economy is on fire!

50,000!

'U.S. employers planned to cut nearly 50,000 positions in July, Challenger, Gray & Christmas reported Thursday, meting out 50 percent more job cuts than in the prior month.'

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101882728

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1177577 Jul 31, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
not at the current level. and how do we know?
Ice cores are cylinders of ice drilled out of an ice sheet or glacier. Most ice core records come from Antarctica and Greenland, and the longest ice cores extend to 3km in depth. The oldest continuous ice core records to date extend 123,000 years in Greenland and 800,000 years in Antarctica. Ice cores contain information about past temperature, and about many other aspects of the environment. Crucially, the ice encloses small bubbles of air that contain a sample of the atmosphere – from these it is possible to measure directly the past concentration of gases (including carbon dioxide and methane) in the atmosphere.
Antarctic ice cores show us that the concentration of CO2 was stable over the last millennium until the early 19th century. It then started to rise, and its concentration is now nearly 40% higher than it was before the industrial revolution (see Fig. 2 overleaf). Other measurements (e.g. isotopic data) confirm that the increase must be due to emissions of CO2 from fossil fuel usage and deforestation. Measurements from older ice cores (discussed below) confirm that both the magnitude and rate of the recent increase are almost certainly unprecedented over the last 800,000 years.
http://www.antarctica.ac.uk/bas_research/scie...
it's called 'Science'.
... goddam idiots.

"Other measurements (e.g. isotopic data) confirm that the increase must be due to emissions of CO2 from fossil fuel usage and deforestation"

"Isotope" is the relative concentration of differring atomic masses for the same element, moron. Carbon released from a bar b q pit will have the same relative concentration of isotopes as a cow fart.
You cannot tell the origin of something like a combination of Carbon and Oxygen from it's isotopic distribution.
Do you clowns have any real scientists?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1177578 Jul 31, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Meanwhile, Egypt and Saudi Arabia tell Israel to keep killing the terrorists.
Who are you going to listen to? Some policy wank here that I'm sure you called an idiot when Bush was in office, or the people that have to deal with Hamas terrorists every day?
By the way, we're sorry the Arabs in Egypt threw your allies out on their asses. Arabs don't like Obama, either. Who on this planet likes Obama?
What do you think about the government of Egypt having warrants out for the arrest of Hillary and Obama?
what do i think?

it's better than Switzerland wanting to arrest Bush. and are you bragging when you point out the Middle East liking Bush more than Obama?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1177579 Jul 31, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the 'rational' line.
The current operation grew out of the government’s deception about who was responsible for the kidnapping of the three Israelis, but even if the original claim had been entirely true it wouldn’t have warranted the massive overkill and collective punishment that have been going on for the last few weeks. Not only is the operation creating far greater evils than the ones it is supposed to remedy, but it is also difficult to identify what the purpose of the operation is. Waging war that inflicts disproportionate harm would be bad enough, but to wage a war that doesn’t seem to have any discernible strategic goal–or indeed any purpose besides raining devastation on a largely defenseless population–is inherently wrong. It’s not self-defense, and it makes a mockery of the idea of self-defense to claim otherwise.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
DNC Bocajew Chairperson Debbie Wasserman-Test denies reports that the DemoKKKrat party plans to change its name to Hamas.......
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1177580 Jul 31, 2014
XYZ wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't.
“Many of the uncertainties surrounding the cause of climate change will never be resolved because the necessary data are lacking.”-- CRU officials Phil Jones and Tom Wigley to other CRU members.
cite it.
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#1177581 Jul 31, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
not at the current level. and how do we know?
Ice cores are cylinders of ice drilled out of an ice sheet or glacier. Most ice core records come from Antarctica and Greenland, and the longest ice cores extend to 3km in depth. The oldest continuous ice core records to date extend 123,000 years in Greenland and 800,000 years in Antarctica. Ice cores contain information about past temperature, and about many other aspects of the environment. Crucially, the ice encloses small bubbles of air that contain a sample of the atmosphere – from these it is possible to measure directly the past concentration of gases (including carbon dioxide and methane) in the atmosphere.
Antarctic ice cores show us that the concentration of CO2 was stable over the last millennium until the early 19th century. It then started to rise, and its concentration is now nearly 40% higher than it was before the industrial revolution (see Fig. 2 overleaf). Other measurements (e.g. isotopic data) confirm that the increase must be due to emissions of CO2 from fossil fuel usage and deforestation. Measurements from older ice cores (discussed below) confirm that both the magnitude and rate of the recent increase are almost certainly unprecedented over the last 800,000 years.
http://www.antarctica.ac.uk/bas_research/scie...
it's called 'Science'.
Around 12,000 years ago, the last ice age ended and Earth experienced a warming phase. But while other epochs were defined solely by natural and geological phenomena, the Holocene has become the period of human influence on biosphere and climate.

By 1300 temperatures started to drop again, ushering in the 'Little Ice Age'. The direct sea route from Iceland to Greenland became impassable, due to the expansion of sea ice. From the 16th to 19th centuries, glaciers all over the world expanded.

The Western coast of Greenland began to submerge due to the increasing weight of ice sheets. The climate was too cold for satisfying crop yields, and famines struck Europe’s population.

From 950 to 1250, Earth experienced the 'Medieval Warm Period'. The Vikings started to emigrate to Iceland, Greenland, and Newfoundland. A severe drought caused the Maya civilization to collapse, but excellent weather in many other regions helped populations to grow.

Things changed abruptly in the 20th century as the planet began feeling the effects of the Industrial Revolution. Earth’s surface temperature rose on average by 0.7 degrees Celsius. The increase occurred in two periods—from approximately 1910 to 1944 and from 1978 to 1998.

http://knowledge.allianz.com/environment/clim...

Wow!!!!.7 degrees!!!!
Patrick

United States

#1177582 Jul 31, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
dumbass Dave knows all about the energy industry from working the register at Wawa......
Melting down..... in progress

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1177583 Jul 31, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean where the nutjob site cited a different nutjob site?
"sonic"
YOu never offer nutjob sites?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1177584 Jul 31, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
>'didn't build that'< You think that is a website? It's a catchy phrase!
catchy for lying liars.

Putting Mitt Romney's attacks on 'You didn't build that' to the Truth-O-Meter

In speeches and videos, the Romney campaign has repeatedly distorted Obama's words. By plucking two sentences out of context, Romney twists the president's remarks and ignores their real meaning.

The preceding sentences make clear that Obama was talking about the importance of government-provided infrastructure and education to the success of private businesses.

Romney also conveniently ignores Obama's clear summary of his message, that "the point is ... that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."

By leaving out the "individual initiative" reference, Romney and his supporters have misled viewers and given a false impression. For that, we rate the claim False.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...

keep up the 'good' work.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1177585 Jul 31, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Patricia got a degree from UCF and thinks that makes her a college graduate.....
As opposed to what__Berks County Community College?

UCF is ranked in the top 100 of public universities and near the top in certain technical courses,

Galt shows his ignorance___again.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1177586 Jul 31, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
what city? the one Israel keeps stealing from them?
but hey, what can you expect from a country run by right wing nutjobs.
Knowing that Israel is a unscrupulous nation but it's looking more and more like they promised the Palestinians safe haven in certain places and then knowing that they could get maximum kill then bombed them. They will lie until hell is frozen over by either blaming the palestinians or their rockets went off course, how do you prove either. I wonder how they would feel if Tel Aviv was leveled, Their day is coming. They are not my brothers and I'm not their keeper. I hope all sane people throughout the world see them for what they are..Land seeking murderous lying monsters that we created. For the very first time ever I see the Palestinians as martyrs willing to die rather than be held hostage and treated like animals by one of the richest nations on earth.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1177587 Jul 31, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
DNC Bocajew Chairperson Debbie Wasserman-Test denies reports that the DemoKKKrat party plans to change its name to Hamas.......
seeing as how you guys already own The American Taliban......

so what's the status on the TP Jihad?

Level 2

Spokane, WA

#1177588 Jul 31, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! "No proof on my part is required..."
I know son. You've taken that position over and over on a regular basis....
You just don't allow that option to others....
"yuck"
The option is "poop's". All he has to due is advice when his bio/fantasy he has bragged about will be released. Do not hold your breath, it ain't gonna happen.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1177589 Jul 31, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
... goddam idiots.
"Other measurements (e.g. isotopic data) confirm that the increase must be due to emissions of CO2 from fossil fuel usage and deforestation"
"Isotope" is the relative concentration of differring atomic masses for the same element, moron. Carbon released from a bar b q pit will have the same relative concentration of isotopes as a cow fart.
You cannot tell the origin of something like a combination of Carbon and Oxygen from it's isotopic distribution.
Do you clowns have any real scientists?
the non-scientist asking about scientists.

don't think you're qualified. just look at you trying to suss out denial in cow shit.

Level 2

Spokane, WA

#1177590 Jul 31, 2014
XYZ wrote:
A Repost...
HOW DID KIDS SURVIVE THE '50s,'60s and '70s?
When we rode our bikes, we had baseball caps, not helmets, on our heads.
As infants and children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, no booster seats, no seat belts, no air bags, bald tires and sometimes no brakes.
Riding in the back of a pick- up truck on a warm day was always a special treat.
We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.
We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle, and no one actually died from this.
We ate cupcakes, white bread, real butter, and bacon. We drank Kool-Aid made with real white sugar. And we weren't overweight..WHY?
Because we were always outside playing...that's why!
We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on. No one was able to reach us all day.
-- and, we were OKAY..
We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride them down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes.. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.
We did not have Play Stations, Nintendos and X-boxes. There were no video games, no 150 channels on cable, no video movies or DVDs, no surround-sound or CDs, no cell phones, no personal computers, no Internet and no chat rooms.
WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!
We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth, and there were no lawsuits from those accidents..
We would get spankings with wooden spoons, switches, ping-pong paddles, or just a bare hand, and no one would call child services to report abuse.
We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, made up games with sticks and tennis balls, and - although we were told it would happen - we did not put out very many eyes.
We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them.
Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment.
Imagine that!!
These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers, and inventors ever. The past 50 to 85 years have seen an explosion of innovation and new ideas..
We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all.
"XYZ"
Grate post!!!
Thank you!!!
Peace
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1177591 Jul 31, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"sonic"
YOu never offer nutjob sites?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
left wing sites aren't nutjob!!

nutjob entails lying. and telling the truth about right wing lying is not lying!!

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1177592 Jul 31, 2014
Here's the recipe:
Ingredients:

2 Pounds - Ground Beef, 80/20
1 - Large Yellow Onion
4 - Large Cloves Garlic, Minced
3 Cups - Water
2 (15 Ounce)- Canned Tomato Sauce
2 (14.5 Ounce)- Canned Diced Tomatoes
3 Tablespoons - Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons - Dried Oregano
2 Teaspoons - Dried Basil
2 - Dried Bay Leaves
1 Tablespoon - Seasoned Salt
1/2 Teaspoon - Black Pepper
2 Cups - Elbow Macaroni, Uncooked

Instructions:

In a large Dutch oven, cook the meat over medium heat, breaking up the meat as it cooks into small pieces. Cook until the meat is cooked through and there's no longer any pink. Stir in the onions and garlic. Cook and stir the mixture until the onions are translucent.
Stir in water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, oregano, basil, bay leaves, seasoned salt, and black pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the pasta, cover, and simmer over low heat until the pasta is tender, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, discard bay leaves, and refrigerate, if possible, overnight. If you must, you could serve.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1177593 Jul 31, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text> Knowing that Israel is a unscrupulous nation but it's looking more and more like they promised the Palestinians safe haven in certain places and then knowing that they could get maximum kill then bombed them. They will lie until hell is frozen over by either blaming the palestinians or their rockets went off course, how do you prove either. I wonder how they would feel if Tel Aviv was leveled, Their day is coming. They are not my brothers and I'm not their keeper. I hope all sane people throughout the world see them for what they are..Land seeking murderous lying monsters that we created. For the very first time ever I see the Palestinians as martyrs willing to die rather than be held hostage and treated like animals by one of the richest nations on earth.
pretty much an apt description of a country run by right wing nutjobs. though like most run by nutjobs....it won't last.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1177594 Jul 31, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"yuck"
The option is "poop's". All he has to due is advice when his bio/fantasy he has bragged about will be released. Do not hold your breath, it ain't gonna happen.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
At some point even as stupid as you have proven yourself to be along with your multitude of lies, you might get the "FACT" that I will never feel the need to share anything with you...I offer once again to prove your lies....Show me once where I bragged about my book..If you can I will never post again and if you cannot you never post again...I mentioned over four years ago that I was being pursued to write an Auto biography. That isn't bragging that is a fact. I have people in the business taking care of things.. You and your obsession has mentioned it 500 times, like a crazed moron. You aren't even smart enough to know what a backwoods clown that you really are. I almost feel guilty as it's way beyond obvious that you have some psychological issues, but then most baggers do. By the way liar what ever happened to you claiming to be an Independent? Now GFY.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr zazz 96,724
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr Tony 490,364
The alphabet (Jun '06) 7 hr Princess Hey 1,163
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Mothra 49,376
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 20 hr The Real Missy 17,711
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 20 hr Murph 70,624
11 arrested in Daytona Beach drug bust (Mar '07) Sat eddie 45
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web