Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1549476 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1151548 Jun 16, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Soo just another attempt to belittle a man that placed himself in harms way for his country. How long was Bush there??? Simply for political reasons you judge both men...One did the right thing, the other chose the cowards way out...SHEEEEZE.
You see, Kerry said many times that the terrible, evil Richard Nixon (BOO!), had ordered him on his “secret missions” into Cambodian waterways. Trouble was, in December 1968. Lyndon Johnson was still the President of the United States. Nixon wasn’t to be inaugurated until January 20, 1969. Kerry hit his head and has brain damage? how else do you explain his lies and smears?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1151549 Jun 16, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful there Dave, you are talking about flake's hero.
Bush is a man who takes responsibility for his actions.....

Obama is a boy who blames other for his numerous mistakes.....
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1151550 Jun 16, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
So what branch of the military did Obama serve again?
And didn't Obama confess in his own book that he smoked and used cocaine in college? And admitted seeking out Marxist professors to boot?
You have no concept of cowardice apparently. We have a perfect example sitting in the White House right now.
To compare the "do nothing and hide under our desks" Commander-in-Chief we have to GW "let's roll" Bush is just plain ludicrous.
So you're nothing but a liberal hypocrite. Which is redundant.
Try and snap out of it. You're bringing us all down.
PDupont has far more patience with idiots than I...Obama didn't avoid the draft as there wasn't one or a war...So in reality you have no clue as to whether he would have taken the cowards way like Bush did...Huh Dumbass? Now old clueless one Bush smoked and did drugs as a member of our Armed forces and was relieved of the wings that cost over a million to get because of just that..Even an idiot like you should be able to see the difference. Sure Bush wanted to "Let's roll" He wasn't going to die and neither was anyone in his family you clueless Tokyo Rose. Your hatred towards Obama is strictly political my distaste towards Bush is based on the "FACTS".
Reality

Schaumburg, IL

#1151551 Jun 16, 2014
No one in the military I know ( and I actually served unlike you) has no respect for Kerry. Take your Token military vet and add some salt and you will just have salt. It's funny how you libs look up to a guy that touts his military career, but those of us willing to fight for our country think he's a $h!t bag.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1151552 Jun 16, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Kerry talked about those that committed atrocities.
Kerry helped the war end sooner saving countless soldier lives.
Kerry did nothing of the sort. You are so friggin' full of it.

Do you make this stuff up or are you just too young to keep from opening mouth and inserting foot?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1151553 Jun 16, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> She and John McCain deserved every bit.
well then: that ho ore Hillary Rodman Clinton deserves every bit she gets also. I wonder how many times she licked that Moslem Aberdeen? you know the one who is supporting the terrorists now taking over Iraq? hmmm.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1151554 Jun 16, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>You commie lovers did not care how many died in Vietnam. You only cared that your precious communism was being stopped.
I get it. Because George W Bush hid out in the Guard, I'm a Commie.

Good reasoning from yet another dumber than sh*t right whiner.

I was against the Vietnam War. I blame Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson & Nixon for getting so may killed
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1151555 Jun 16, 2014
Stop Calling the Iraq War a 'Mistake'

Dennis J. Kucinich

As Iraq descends into chaos again, more than a decade after "Mission Accomplished," media commentators and politicians have mostly agreed upon calling the war a "mistake." But the "mistake" rhetoric is the language of denial, not contrition: it minimizes the Iraq War's disastrous consequences, removes blame, and deprives Americans of any chance to learn from our generation's foreign policy disaster. The Iraq War was not a "mistake" -- it resulted from calculated deception. The painful, unvarnished fact is that we were lied to. Now is the time to have the willingness to say that.

In fact, the truth about Iraq was widely available, but it was ignored. There were no WMD. Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11. The war wasn't about liberating the Iraqi people. I said this in Congress in 2002. Millions of people who marched in America in protest of the war knew the truth, but were maligned by members of both parties for opposing the president in a time of war -- and even leveled with the spurious charge of "not supporting the troops."

I've written and spoken widely about this topic, so today I offer two ways we can begin to address our role:

1) President Obama must tell us the truth about Iraq and the false scenario that caused us to go to war.

When Obama took office in 2008, he announced that his administration would not investigate or prosecute the architects of the Iraq War. Essentially, he suspended public debate about the war. That may have felt good in the short term for those who wanted to move on, but when you're talking about a war initiated through lies, bygones can't be bygones.

The unwillingness to confront the truth about the Iraq War has induced a form of amnesia which is hazardous to our nation's health. Willful forgetting doesn't heal, it opens the door to more lying. As today's debate ensues about new potential military "solutions" to stem violence in Iraq, let's remember how and why we intervened in Iraq in 2003.

2) Journalists and media commentators should stop giving inordinate air and print time to people who were either utterly wrong in their support of the war or willful in their calculations to make war.
By and large, our Fourth Estate accepted uncritically the imperative for war described by top administration officials and congressional leaders. The media fanned the flames of war by not giving adequate coverage to the arguments against military intervention.

President Obama didn't start the Iraq War, but he has the opportunity now to tell the truth. That we were wrong to go in. That the cause of war was unjust. That more problems were created by military intervention than solved. That the present violence and chaos in Iraq derives from the decision which took America to war in 2003. More than a decade later, it should not take courage to point out the Iraq war was based on lies.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dennis-j-kucini...
Reality

Schaumburg, IL

#1151556 Jun 16, 2014
I have to bail on this. The more I read the more I realize I am dealing with ignorant stupid people that has done nothing to serve their country , but only bash those like us that have. Enjoy your freedom you liberal scum. Your welcome.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1151558 Jun 16, 2014
flack wrote:
Colonel Wambough further states a likely scenario.
We have not been attacked in the United States after 9/11 because we
have a president and an administration that have been proactive in
going after the national security threats to the United States. Just
think about how our national security would likely have been handled
by the anti-war left of the Democrat party and Sen. Kerry. We would
probably still be debating what to do in the United Nations;
Afghanistan would likely still be under control of the Taliban; Iraq
would still be under the control of Saddam Hussein, and cities in the
United States would have come under attack on multiple occasions as
terrorist organizations were further emboldened by our meek responses.
And it wouldn't be surprising if we were negotiating with al Qaeda and
other terrorist organizations to preclude further attacks on our
cities.
Does this sound familiar?
Your idiot ignored all signs, and that's ok.... A likely scenario..Likely this and likely that..Sooo you believe in pure projection and ignore the facts and reality????You are surely a total moron.You sound more detached each day...I'm starting to think and Carol are the off springs of the same warped orangutan.
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1151559 Jun 16, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton reveals in her new book that Barack Obama’s team asked her to attack Alaska Governor Sarah Palin after Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) chose her as his running mate in the 2008 presidential race.
"[The Obama camp] immediately issued a dismissive statement and reached out to me in hopes I would follow suit,” she wrote.“But I wouldn’t.”
“I was not going to attack Palin just for being a woman appealing for support from other women,” she wrote.“I didn't think it made political sense, and it didn't feel right. So I said no."
----
Bam!!
Who really started the war on women? All you liberal hypocrites?
That was not a war on women, but a war on one single idiotic woMAN, singular.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1151560 Jun 16, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The power hungry should expect such...Hillary being the more power hungry of the bunch.
Her husband shamed her into lying about 'a vast rightwing conspiracy'. Suppose you forgot that. How convenient.
Not to mention she lied about a video in the wake of four Americans' deaths in an attack on 9/11.
Liberals mock conservative leaders who have convictions. How can liberal leaders who lie and deceive for personal gain expect not to be mocked?
You pathetic whiners will dredge up all the old stuff. I guess because you have nothing new.

I have news, dragging out Benghazi will only make you whiners look more pathetic than ever. There was no lie & people will be reminded of the millions of dollars & time wasted in Congress by Republicans instead of working to improve the economy & make people's ,ives better.

Location hidden

#1151561 Jun 16, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>You see, Kerry said many times that the terrible, evil Richard Nixon (BOO!), had ordered him on his “secret missions” into Cambodian waterways. Trouble was, in December 1968. Lyndon Johnson was still the President of the United States. Nixon wasn’t to be inaugurated until January 20, 1969. Kerry hit his head and has brain damage? how else do you explain his lies and smears?
The ongoing lies and deception by the ever-present but, thankfully, dwindling liberal ideologues, is still exhausting.
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1151562 Jun 16, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush is a man who takes responsibility for his actions.....
Obama is a boy who blames other for his numerous mistakes.....
Heckuva job, Brownie!
Mission Accomplished

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1151563 Jun 16, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe the POTUS is responsible for tech repair on government computers? You right wing morons have lost all credibility with reasonable thinking people. You're a joke.
But that's assuming you believe the bullshit. You do believe the bullshit, don't you.
You leftist lackey's set the standard for gullibility and blind obeisance.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1151564 Jun 16, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Kerry did nothing of the sort. You are so friggin' full of it.
Do you make this stuff up or are you just too young to keep from opening mouth and inserting foot?
Carol you are so politically motivated that you have lost control with facts and reality.. He most certainly spoke out against the atrocities along with numerous other things that was true. If you aren't in a home you definitely need to be.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1151565 Jun 16, 2014
We're on to them all now, here and elsewhere.

Location hidden

#1151566 Jun 16, 2014
Reality wrote:
I have to bail on this. The more I read the more I realize I am dealing with ignorant stupid people that has done nothing to serve their country , but only bash those like us that have. Enjoy your freedom you liberal scum. Your welcome.
I understand your frustration with suffering fools.

But please know a lot of us on here recognize your service to our country and thank you for your sacrifice to preserve our freedom.

Liberals don't seem to understand the word "freedom".

And why I'm still trying to figure out what they did with my former fellow Americans and where they came from.

But hope you'll come back.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1151567 Jun 16, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. Because George W Bush hid out in the Guard, I'm a Commie.
Good reasoning from yet another dumber than sh*t right whiner.
I was against the Vietnam War. I blame Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson & Nixon for getting so may killed
I blame the enemy.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1151568 Jun 16, 2014
Obama's Iraq 'nap' represents who we are: sick of being the world's policeman

Critics of a foreign policy of 'neglect' are still living in George W Bush's fever dream of rage and fear. The public is fickle, but we're willing to be patient about war again

Conservative critics of Barack Obama's foreign policy are right: it's vague when articulated and contradictory when enacted. He refuses to act decisively and tunes out the rhetorical bravado of foreign leaders. And if the United States is to avoid another round of pointless bloodshed in the Middle East, that's the kind of foreign policy our country needs right now. Indeed, it's the one we want.

On Sunday's Meet the Press, Mitt Romney added to the existing critique of Obama as feckless-bordering-on-fey. The president, his former challenger asserted, was not just ineffectual in his stance toward Iraq and Syria – he was also ignorant. The president, said the former one-term governor of Massachusetts, has "repeatedly underestimated the threats" posed by chaos in Iraq – or "Russia or Assad or Isis or al-Qaida itself".

The terror that has gripped Iraq over the past week is, no doubt, horrific. When militants claim they've massacred 1,700 soldiers, it would be foolish not to give yourself options by moving an aircraft carrier here and toughening up an embassy there – which Obama has done, actively, not through "neglect" or "a nap", as still more critics claimed over the weekend.

But let's remember the way we got in too deep: it wasn't by underestimating the threat Iraq posed to US interests, it was by overestimating it.

"Overestimating" may even be too generous. We created a threat when there was none, not out of whole cloth so much as a web of pride, avarice and insecurity. Obama's haters on the right – and maybe even some formerly hawkish apologists on the left – need a refresher course on just how much of the Iraq invasion hinged on ego and imagined taunts. It wasn't all about revenge for Daddy's loss. Don't forget the perception in the Bush White House that the president was "weak" in the immediate aftermath of 9/11: the frozen look as he read from My Pet Goat, the hours of hop-scotching around the country, out of sight, as the carnage and panic continued to unfold.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 10 hr fortmyersf 513,191
Has anyone ever had a new appliance fail multip... (Mar '12) 15 hr dontbuyGE 24
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 18 hr zazz 98,421
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Mon Ms Sassy 63,859
Private Jet Charters - Private Yacht Charters -... Sun Inspirationalmill... 1
Luxury Lifestyle of The Rich & Famous Sun Inspirationalmill... 1
News Unemployment benefits in Florida: Questions and... (Feb '09) Jun 24 wen 448

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages