Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417740 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

#1149586 Jun 11, 2014
From the vitriolic hatred, slander of being racists the Tea Party has received from the leftists, I'd say that's a strong indication the leftists fear the strength of The Tea Party and its ability to coalesce. Perhaps the Tea Party needs to destroy The Republican Party who have been too impotent to stand up for what The American People want.

The left doesn't vilify, demonize a person or entity unless they fear its opposition and threat to their agenda. And it's succeeding in being victorious in its agenda.

And the left rants on - "Rant On, Leftists, Rant On"!

Yep, better git'chur popcorn. Wash it down with some TEA, iced.
Patrck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea Party destroying the Republican Party
pass the popcorn
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1149587 Jun 11, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Would this be a display of your public school critical thinking skills. LOL
I would accuse you of a strawman argument ... but I'm not sure that they teach such things in our failed public school system,.
You miss woodtick don't you babe__where do think he is?

Maybe him and MD Bogus ran off and went fishing? Hunting? Drinking?

Sadly you are a "sad' figure babe.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1149588 Jun 11, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
File in the 'we now know how Democrats can get a lot of people to vote for their candidates' folder...
'Chicago Public Schools prom slogan:‘This Is Are Story’
http://eagnews.org/prom-slogan-highlights-cps...
Poor Paul Robeson. He's either laughing hysterically or crying in his grave right about now.

It beez dat way
Level 1

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1149589 Jun 11, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb answer. Everyone knows there's no objective way to evaluate teacher performance. And which government jobs are you referring to, military, post office, police?? Should police be evaluated on how many tickets they issue, mailmen on how many letters they deliver, soldiers on how many Taliban they kill????
Soldiers and police are evaluated.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1149590 Jun 11, 2014
<quoted text>
What do you mean "sadly" you've had an education that according to your own words provided you with the tools necessary to be "successful". Reread your entire post, it makes no sense.
I'm also successful and went through the public school system. I've never blamed others for my problems and I never let my children do it either. There are many variables that determine what a student learns, a teacher is only one of them.
Only losers need excuses. This site is full of right wing losers like you that blame everything and everybody for their miserable lives.
This site is full of Left Wing losers like you that blame everything and everybody for their miserable lives.

You just did it again. You have left your kids defenseless.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1149591 Jun 11, 2014
<quoted text>
Dumb answer. Everyone knows there's no objective way to evaluate teacher performance. And which government jobs are you referring to, military, post office, police?? Should police be evaluated on how many tickets they issue, mailmen on how many letters they deliver, soldiers on how many Taliban they kill????
"Everyone knows there's no objective way to evaluate teacher performance."?????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAAH....

Another doofus Liberal on parade, folks:-)

Level 1

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1149592 Jun 11, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
That MFcker is trashing my country.
Dreams From My Marxist Bass Turd Father has become America's Nightmare
What kind of f*cking idiot watches Bush & the Republicans create the worst recession ion 80 years, a housing collapse, a near financial melt down, two quagmire wars & double the debt (after starting with a balanced budget) and then has the gall to blame Obama.

You people are just dumber than sh*t.
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

#1149593 Jun 11, 2014
Not only is your statement false, it's ignorant. History shows Democrats have started more, most of, the wars. Not the Republicans or the Tea Party. Did you skip American History Class?

Toe tapping tu-tu wearing trolls in The Baraq Administration are the reason gay marriage is at the forefront of priority. Because Baraq is a Homo himself. Perhaps ...

Twiddledee ( Rahm ) was smart to leave Twiddledumb' s administration. Lover's quarrel. ;

PS The only war the Tea Party is fighting is their own.
Patrck wrote:
<quoted text>
toe tapping tea party trolls are all for wars they don't have to fight.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1149594 Jun 11, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
30%?
Here it comes...
"Coal-powered plants, you know, natural gas, you name it, whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money on to consumers."
¨electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket¨
Straight from the mouth of the head Jackass.
Those rates are now about to explode.

That MFcker is trashing my country.
Dreams From My Marxist Bass Turd Father has become America's Nightmare

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1149595 Jun 11, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>Virginia's 7th congressional district
Virginia's 7th congressional district - since January 3, 2013.
Virginia's 7th congressional district - since January 3, 2013.
Current Representative Eric Cantor (R–Richmond)
Population (2010) 757,917
Median income $64,751
Ethnicity 74.3% White, 17.1% Black, 3.9% Asian, 4.9% Hispanic, 0.3% Native American, 2.1% other
??? What does that have to do with anything except prove my point that 65,000 votes out of a population of 757,917 is very, very small. Especially given the fact that the democrats, in a district that is 43 percent registered democrat, didn't even bother to field a candidate.

"With votes counted in 99 percent of the precincts, 64,418 votes were cast, roughly a 37 percent increase over two years ago. Despite that, Cantor polled fewer votes than he did in 2012 — 28,631 this time, compared with 37,369 then." (Hamptonroads)
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1149596 Jun 11, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just rolling on full stupid today eh?

Level 1

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1149597 Jun 11, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Teachers are evaluated on a continual basis by the administration. It is part of the function of the school's principal.

To tie evaluation to things like test scores alone is just plain stupid.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1149598 Jun 11, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
was your junky ass old Corvette one of the ones recalled?????
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140515/carn...
Your envy is duly noted.
computer msn

Philadelphia, PA

#1149599 Jun 11, 2014
I am a computer. I post here more than 1000 times each week. I am a computer, I post here more than 1000 times per week. IP 34.644.56.432

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Location hidden

#1149600 Jun 11, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The most important facet of education quality is the quality of the teacher. Accordingly, bad teachers usually mean bad education quality.
2. Tenure makes it harder (actually near impossible) to fire bad teachers, by protecting them from termination based on seniority or other factors unrelated to performance/merit.
3. Therefore, tenure has an adverse affect on the qualify of education.
"Teacher tenure, which is sometimes called career status, provides job security for teachers who have successfully completed a probationary period. The purpose is to protect outstanding teachers from being fired for non-educational issues including personal beliefs, personality conflicts with administrators or school board members, etc."

"Tenured teachers are entitled to due process when they are threatened with dismissal or nonrenewal of contract. This process is exceedingly tedious for administrators, because just like in a trial case, the administrator must show evidence that the teacher is ineffective and failed to meet district standards, in a hearing before the school board." Do you honestly have a problem with that?

For a group who continually touts the Constitution, you people sure seem eager to do away with due process when it becomes too "tedious, difficult, and expensive". Administrators need to step up to the plate and stop coddling tenured teachers. They should be treated like everyone else when it comes to job performance but doing away with "last hired, first fired" is a scape goat.

http://teaching.about.com/od/pd/a/Teacher-Ten...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1149601 Jun 11, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to choke again on your OWN ignorance-duhmfk.
A couple interesting FACTS-
1.. His campaign budget was tiny compared to Cantor's war chest
In terms of fundraising this contest made David and Goliath look like an even fight. Cantor raised almost $5.5 million during the cycle, more than 25 times the amount of Brat’s shoestring budget of $200,000, a third of which came from small contributions, according to opensecrets.org . In fact, Cantor spent more on steak houses than Brat did in his entire campaign. This divide extended to their respective campaign teams, with Brat eschewing the large and experienced group of staffers used by the incumbent in favor of a skeleton crew and grassroots campaigning.
2. He is a college economics professor - and a very dedicated one at that
Brat gained a Ph.D. in economics at the American University in Washington, D.C., before going on to work as an economics professor at Randolph-Macon College, a liberal arts college north of Richmond, Va.
So dedicated is he to his profession that he canceled a packed schedule of meetings with key conservative activists in May because he had papers to grade.
Hahahaha---Suffer braindead libuhrulTICS and conservative smugs.
MODERATION, PRIORITIES and some working class brains to go with it has Arrived (again)!!
T.E.A.!
lol! Yep! I'm choking alright son....

... from laughter!!!

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Location hidden

#1149602 Jun 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
what is your objection to laying off the least competent employees???...
I have no problem laying off the least competent employees through due process. I am against making it arbitrary. If a Tenured teacher isn't performing their duties, administrators should have to make their case for termination.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1149603 Jun 11, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...people seem a REAL tired of the REAL working class people TAKING BACK AMERICA.
(You idiot.)
5 Things About Tea Party-Backed David Brat, Who Beat Eric Cantor
lol! I love these 5 things.
They go absolutely nowhere!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1149604 Jun 11, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever000 "
You are correct, a majority of voters are just plain ignorant. Proof of that, they elected nobama president.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
You should be the poster boy for ignorance.Proof of that is your daily beypnd stupid posts.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1149605 Jun 11, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
Cantor's constituents saw him for what he became -- another Beltway elitist out to further his career.
And now they have a weak and defanged candidate whose so lost he doesn't know what to do next.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min Serratus Anterior 61,019
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 4 hr Fa-Foxy 198
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 10 hr T-REX 513,464
News Sources: UCF baseball coach Jay Bergman harasse... (May '08) 18 hr Former Play 213
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 21 hr Milee 73,682
loan shark (Dec '11) 22 hr spotcred 32
Hot girl named Sara Tue James 3

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages