Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1404976 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1149192 Jun 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
God bless Dave Brat!
Teabaggers one step closer to taking down GOP!
5 minutes until nighty night for you commie Ghost.

Dirtaggers one step closer to taking down Commie DemoKrauts.

You will not be happy phag.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1149193 Jun 10, 2014
Why Republican Men Happier Than the Democrats?

http://alaiwah.wordpress.com/2010/05/25/why-r...

Democrat women look like old worn out men...

Democrat men are gay and phag pusceees like women (Harry Reid).

That's why we have Democrats!

God am I glad I can sleep tonight knowing I'm not a worthless Democrat.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1149194 Jun 10, 2014
Go Tea Party!

This shows the folks are tired of liberal Republicans and worse yet, commie scumbag (screw their own kids) Democrats.

Go Tea Party!

Awesome!

Hillary? Baawwwaaahhhh!!!!

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1149195 Jun 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Which Democrat is the reason your wife's ugly and your kids are stupid?
with a mug like yours you'd be better off being silent, feo

“you know i know”

denver

#1149196 Jun 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Another reason we all know Flack is dumber than sh*t.
The month Obama took office we lost 800,000 jobs.
EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND>
Flack thinks that was a booming economy.
Not only that, dumbass Flack thinks that Obama lowered these monthly job loses and basically ending them within a year was destroying the economy
The economy was SHRINKING at an over 6% rate. Dumbasss Flack thinks that is a booming economy. Obama turned it around to a growing economy And Flack calls that destroying the economy.
here's why , dumber than sh*t dave, you are one stupid mofo:

by Thomas J. DiLorenzo

The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.

The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.

So-called "community groups" like ACORN benefit themselves from the CRA through a process that sounds like legalized extortion. The CRA is enforced by four federal government bureaucracies: the Fed, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The law is set up so that any bank merger, branch expansion, or new branch creation can be postponed or prohibited by any of these four bureaucracies if a CRA "protest" is issued by a "community group." This can cost banks great sums of money, and the "community groups" understand this perfectly well. It is their leverage. They use this leverage to get the banks to give them millions of dollars as well as promising to make a certain amount of bad loans in their communities.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1149197 Jun 10, 2014
Las Vegas Shooting Spree – A Product of Tea Party ‘Ideology’

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/06/09/las-ve...

“you know i know”

denver

#1149198 Jun 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You take one kid out of a school, you save nothing. You still have the same facilities to maintain, the same number of teachers, the same administration.
When you take the better students (i.e. cheaper to educate) you raise the cost per student.
All parents want better schools for their kids. You would make that true for a few while leaving the balance in that same school but now with less funding.
Yur in fine form today, dumber than sh*t dave.

“you know i know”

denver

#1149199 Jun 10, 2014
Squeealtime wrote:
Militants affiliated with ISIS have taken control of the Northern Iraq city of Mosul. Military and Police abandoned their stations as the militants took over the government center and police stations freeing prisoners..
Mosul, the provincial capitol for Nineveh Province is Iraq's second largest city.
"Twenty five billion, slam dunk, the Iraqi citizens will be throwing rose petals as our troops pass by, and the oil will pay for the reconstruction."
so what, Squeeler? Business as usual, islamofascists killing their own.

“you know i know”

denver

#1149201 Jun 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Africa, China, India, Pakistan all have areas of their countries currently without electric service. Their electric grids will need expanded to provide service to all.
Please note that countries in Europe & the US has already done this putting the planet in the condition it is now. Not these developing countries.
Gawd you a moron, is there an adult nearby to explain english to you? The planet is fine, you hysterical, whining ninny.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1149202 Jun 10, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
here's why , dumber than sh*t dave, you are one stupid mofo:
by Thomas J. DiLorenzo
The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.
The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.
So-called "community groups" like ACORN benefit themselves from the CRA through a process that sounds like legalized extortion. The CRA is enforced by four federal government bureaucracies: the Fed, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The law is set up so that any bank merger, branch expansion, or new branch creation can be postponed or prohibited by any of these four bureaucracies if a CRA "protest" is issued by a "community group." This can cost banks great sums of money, and the "community groups" understand this perfectly well. It is their leverage. They use this leverage to get the banks to give them millions of dollars as well as promising to make a certain amount of bad loans in their communities.
who was making all the money of those loans and bundling the mortgages and playing the derivitives off them?

Level 1

Since: May 07

Indianapolis, IN

#1149204 Jun 10, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Matt!
A million posts? Who's counting when you're having fun?
I hope Akron is still supportive of your efforts to conquer the world:-)
Staying out of trouble?
Yeah, I'm staying out of trouble. I'm too old, too tired and too broke to get in trouble anymore. Just decided to take a cruise through Topix, which I only do about two or three times a year now. Glad I saw ya, you were always one of my very favorite posters from the "old days". What about you? Keepin' busy?

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1149205 Jun 10, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
You want the United Stated armed forces to stay in Afghanistan and reenter the war in Iraq?
Do you have any military experience?
Your libertarian members of congress are not for this. e.g. Senator Rand Paul
Leaving residual troops to maintain the peace and train armies in any country after any war is the norm.

Obama left Iraq to its own defenses and will soon do the same in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

What do you think is going to happen? The enemy didn't declare this war over. Only Obama.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1149206 Jun 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Las Vegas Shooting Spree – A Product of Tea Party ‘Ideology’
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/06/09/las-ve...
Lame
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1149208 Jun 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>who was making all the money of those loans and bundling the mortgages and playing the derivitives off them?
Communists you support Hymie. Open wide and swallow phag...

Orlando, FL

#1149209 Jun 10, 2014
Homer wrote:
Seriously, has Carol lost her mind?
Think that's what most of the elite in first class on the Titanic asked about Captain Smith when they were first told to get on a lifeboat.

Or what the Germans asked in the late 1930s about anyone who stood up against Hitler's Third Reich.

You get the picture. Sometimes the ones do the asking are wrong.

St. Croix valley

#1149210 Jun 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Leaving residual troops to maintain the peace and train armies in any country after any war is the norm.
Obama left Iraq to its own defenses and will soon do the same in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
What do you think is going to happen? The enemy didn't declare this war over. Only Obama.
sorry dear...but once again you don't have even the slightest clue as to what you are talking about...why do you even try?

it was Bush that signed the deal for the removal of all troops from Iraq.

are you suggesting we invade again? you probably are that stupid to think that if one of the people you parrot told you to say it and believe it...

St. Croix valley

#1149211 Jun 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Communists you support Hymie. Open wide and swallow phag...
oh sweetie...do you want me to smack you around unmercifully again?

i'm kinda tired tonight, why don't you just wank off to my picture like you usually do...

i'll stimulate you with my superior intellect another time...

Orlando, FL

#1149212 Jun 10, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
President Roosevelt four terms
President Truman two term
....and the Social Security you collect each month.
Again the sarcasm. You can't praise FDR and the Democrats for implementing SS and then blame me for reaping the benefits.

We will never know the alternative of not having FDR's New Deal or the Democrats' big government nanny state.

There would have been alternatives. Perhaps, much better ones.

St. Croix valley

#1149213 Jun 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Think that's what most of the elite in first class on the Titanic asked about Captain Smith when they were first told to get on a lifeboat.
Or what the Germans asked in the late 1930s about anyone who stood up against Hitler's Third Reich.
You get the picture. Sometimes the ones do the asking are wrong.
wow...you can't even attempt to use logic without making a total ass of yourself can you old gal?

how will you ever fend for yourself in this world?

Orlando, FL

#1149215 Jun 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sorry dear...but once again you don't have even the slightest clue as to what you are talking about...why do you even try?
it was Bush that signed the deal for the removal of all troops from Iraq.
are you suggesting we invade again? you probably are that stupid to think that if one of the people you parrot told you to say it and believe it...
Leaving residual troops past the deadline was always on the table and part of the agreement between the U.S. and Iraq.

Qasim Abed, a former governor of Anbar province, expressed his frustration at the ongoing fighting in Iraq saying it is taking longer than it should to expel al-Qaeda militants who have seized parts of Fallujah and Ramadi in some of the worst fighting since American forces withdrew from Iraq in 2011.

Abed said he longs for a U.S. presence because American forces are viewed as independent and efficient fighters.

"If American troops were available this would be over in 24 hours," he said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014...

So whether or not Obama should have put up a bigger fight to keep residual troops there doesn't matter anymore. Iraqis are on their own and if the enemy wins, not only do the Iraqis lose but so does the U.S. and all the blood and treasure that was sacrificed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 60,662
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 19,107
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 12,684
News Orlando massacre spurs fear, solidarity among L... 4 hr WasteWater 607
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 7 hr Murphey_Law 513,415
News FDA Signals Relaxing Gay Blood Donation Policy 8 hr Hetero Hank 4
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) 12 hr Chaimpie 93

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages