Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1747086 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1131217 May 4, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what does it cost?
Hw does a family that just lost its income afford to buy health insurance as an individual?
What makes you think issuing tax credits is not spending money?
So Republicans would want an older couple to pay $3500/yr - up to 5 times as much.
Good bye early retirement.
How was it funded again?
intelligent people save for expenses such as insurance when they lose their income....

the rest go on welfare and receive medical care at taxpayer expense
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1131218 May 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because a house or a car are expendable. If you total a 1985 Ford Taurus, no one is going to try and resuscitate it or try to give it another 20 years of life. If a house burns down, you just rebuild it. No one tries to resuscitate the ashes. Can't do that with human lives.
very few people can survive without housing or transportation, while many people do not need or seek medical care for years, even though they have comprehensive insurance.......

sick old ladies like you who take the bus from their crummy apartment to their HMO are different....

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1131219 May 4, 2014
flack wrote:
Although no conclusion was made, Duelfer has since said that he is “convinced” that no WMD went to Syria. He is a competent and credible individual, but there is evidence that key information on this possibility was not received by the Iraq Survey Group, which had many of its own problems.
On February 24, 2009, I went to see a talk Duelfer gave at the Free Library of Philadelphia to promote his book. He admitted there were some “loose ends” regarding the possibility that Iraqi WMD went to Syria, but dismissed them. Among these “loose ends,” Duelfer said, was the inability to track down the Iraqis who worked for a company connected to Uday Hussein that sources said had driven “sensitive” material into Syria. A Pentagon document reveals that an Iraqi dissident reported that 50 trucks crossed the border on March 10, 2003, and that his sources in Syria confirmed they carried WMD. These trucks have been talked about frequently and remain a mystery.
During the question-and-answer period and during a follow-up interview, Duelfer made several interesting statements to me that reinforced my confidence that such a transfer occurred, although we can not be sure of the extent of it.
General Georges Sada, the former second-in-command of the Iraqi Air Force, claimed in his 2006 book that he knew two Iraqi pilots that flew WMD into Syria over the summer of 2002, which came before a later shipment on the ground. I asked Duelfer if Nizar Nayouf or the two Iraqi pilots were spoken with.
“I did not interview the pilots nor did I speak with the Syrian journalist you mentioned,” he said.“We were inundated with WMD reports and could not investigate them all.… To narrow the problem, we investigated those people and places we knew would have either been involved or aware of regime WMD activities.”
He then told me that the lack of testimony about such dealings is what convinced him that “a lot of material went to Syria, but no WMD.” He cited the testimony of Naji Sabri, the former Iraqi foreign minister, in particular.
“I knew him very well, and I had been authorized to make his life a lot better, or a lot worse,” he told me.
I also heard there was a large cache of pastel colored eggs, one very large rabbit and a fat jolly man in a red suit there too.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1131220 May 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it often is if you need expensive regular treatments....
Medicaid.....
Level 1

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1131221 May 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but the general said they should have at least tried..
again, how did they not try?
The [military] should have tried. I don't think there was a military response. The defense was mounted by the CIA contractors that were there at the annex.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1131222 May 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
insurance is not necessary to receive essential medical treatment....
You are such an idiot, the poor do not have access to proper healthcare as do the rich. You baggers are Americas embarrassment, lots of children born and raised in certain parts of this country have certain symptoms that if treated could possible save their lives. And idiots like you choose to belittle and condemn as opposed to helping in any way, or for that matter wanting anyone else to help. As another much wiser man than I often says on here" You are an idiot Galt always have been and always will be".
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1131223 May 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The [military] should have tried. I don't think there was a military response. The defense was mounted by the CIA contractors that were there at the annex.
I'm afraid Benghazi is a sad reflection on today's world. There is little that we or anyone can do to prevent terrorist completely. To even think or imply that a president or any leader in any capacity would ignore or not care what happens to their own personnel is far more a reflection on the ones making that charge and one would have to question their motives...In this particular case it is way beyond obvious that the Republicans are playing politics with the dead and their only agenda is just that. Look how it's working on the loose nuts on here.They hear something and it immediately it becomes gospel. Especially if it's on Fox.
ptbw forever

United States

#1131224 May 4, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
It might be over my head, but you're still under me!!!
Sure...

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1131225 May 4, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass, look at the post you responded to. You rewrote what was stated
"Everyone made their own opinions about Obama's remarks and they didn't like it. "
That wasn't very bright--even for YOU.
God, tallk about dumb...I was alluding to the fact that everyone is a singular pronoun and needs a singular antecedent--not THEY. Just cool it...you ARE the very definition of dumb."
I see that Roxsalt took five stabs at proving me wrong about this one: THEY is not gender neutral in this case, it' plural. "Nuff said. I have come to the conclusion that this either Carol of Ketch or both. Clueless, with the ability to remain silent, but not the ability. Sad...
I am not attempting to prove anything to you-the Grammar Nazi nerd-I am telling you were wrong!

You are being a moron trying to claim "they" refers to everyone and your lame rewrite showed an error that any grammar teacher wouldn't make. Who would make the idiotic assumption that only one person had made up a opinion? You are tripping yourself up over a compound sentence!

I made two comments about your idiocy. It is time you move on. I am done with your idiocy.

“Come Home America!”

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1131227 May 4, 2014
flack wrote:
Satellite Photos Support Testimony That Iraqi WMD Went to Syria
The history books on this issue shouldn’t be written just yet.
by
RYAN MAURO
Ha’aretz has revived the mystery surrounding the inability to find weapons of mass destruction stockpiles in Iraq, the most commonly cited justification for Operation Iraqi Freedom and one of the most embarrassing episodes for the United States. Satellite photos of a suspicious site in Syria are providing new support for the reporting of a Syrian journalist who briefly rocked the world with his reporting that Iraq’s WMD had been sent to three sites in Syria just before the invasion commenced.
The newspaper reveals that a 200 square-kilometer area in northwestern Syria has been photographed by satellites at the request of a Western intelligence agency at least 16 times, the most recent being taken in January. The site is near Masyaf, and it has at least five installations and hidden paths leading underneath the mountains. This supports the reporting of Nizar Nayouf, an award-winning Syrian journalist who said in 2004 that his sources confirmed that Saddam Hussein’s WMDs were in Syria.
One of the three specific sites he mentioned was an underground base underneath Al-Baida, which is one kilometer south of Masyaf. This is a perfect match. The suspicious features in the photos and the fact that a Western intelligence agency is so interested in the site support Nayouf’s reporting, showing that his sources in Syria did indeed have access to specific information about secret activity that is likely WMD-related. Richard Radcliffe, one of my co-writers at WorldThreats.com , noticed that Masyaf is located on a road that goes from Hamah, where there is an airfield sufficient to handle relatively large aircraft, into Lebanon and the western side of the Bekaa Valley, another location said to house Iraqi weapons.
It seems to be commonly accepted that Iraq did not have WMDs at all. The intelligence was obviously flawed, but the book has not been closed on what actually happened. The media blasted the headline that Charles Duelfer, the head of the Iraq Survey Group tasked with finding out if Saddam had WMDs, concluded that a transfer did not occur. In reality, his report said they were “unable to complete its investigation and is unable to rule out the possibility that WMD was evacuated to Syria before the war” due to the poor security situation.
Recognize your source as a crack-pot phony.'Comment on the reliability of Ryan Mauro’s reporting ' " Consequently this character must be treated with extreme caution. YOU MUST DOUBLE-CHECK EVERYTHING HE SAYS.

-- Ibn Adolf, July 20, 2010" http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Talk:Rya...

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1131228 May 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I know alright. Thirty years ago I fought with the Utilization Management people over an issue regarding my son. I suggest your educate yourself.
Things haven't changed in thirty years?

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1131229 May 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You must have looked really hard to find such a one-sided article.
Cities that have a high number of undocumented immigrants like Stockton, Merced and El Centro (81% of the population of El Centro is Hispanic) are always going to have a high unemployment rate. So will the Los Angeles metro area which is home to the indigent. Californian's unemployment number now stands at 8.1% compared to the national unemployment rate of 6.3 percent.(Santa Barbara's unemployment rate is 4.4%; San Francisco is 5.6%). Due to demographics, California will always have an overall high unemployment rate. We are resigned to that fact.
Depressed housing and foreclosures are pretty much a thing of the past. In fact, it is now being reported that some California counties are overvalued and unsustainable. "The Orange County metro area is about 16% overvalued, Trulia says. Nearby Los Angeles is 13% overvalued."
Thanks to Governor Brown, California now has a budget surplus in the billions and Brown has refused to let Republicans spend it.
We are one of the leaders in Job Creation "leading the nation in new high-tech, bio-tech and manufacturing jobs, a result in part that Brown attributes to the “yeasty and innovative” nature of the state. Texas can’t duplicate that, no matter how many corporate subsidies Perry passes around."
As Jerry Brown said,“What a comeback it is: a million new jobs since 2010, a budgetary surplus in the billions and a minimum wage rising to $10 an hour!”
Of course we have problems but it wasn't for Jerry Brown, we would be buried in debt just as we were under our last Republican governor.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/07/opinion/ega...
You are quoting an opinion article. Incognito used a news article.
ptbw forever

United States

#1131230 May 4, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You just might want to research that a bit dumbo as it's pretty much been proven that Fox viewers are the dumbest and watching Fox make you even more stupid. You and useless slugs like you are addicted and find it a necessity as it is your only watering hole. most of those so called announcers are IQ deprived and directed as to their message and just how to entertain lower IQ viewers like you.
1st graders know how to use "too" correctly and low IQ regards like yourself are the only people who consistently get it wrong.

You have deluded yourself with thoughts of supremacy over millions of individuals for so long that you forgot to go to grammar school.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1131231 May 4, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> You appear a bit too grumpy for a Sunday. Our VEEP Joe Biden is So cute and funny (so is Julia)!:-D Watch Julia Louis-Dreyfus And Biden In Epic Correspondents' Dinner Video @TPM http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/biden-l...
So are baby hyenas.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1131233 May 4, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you have proof that it was not possible that a video that caused rioting in many Muslim cities could not possible have caused one in Benghazi. Ignoring the possibly of the influence of that video would be stupid and that video was always presented as a possibility.
When ou military guy sold out to the political aspects of Fox, he lost any credibility he might have had.
Dave, you can't put the smoke back in the gun. It's not as if Obama hasn't been caught lying. Numerous times. Call it his leadership style. It's how he rolls. It's how you all roll.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1131234 May 4, 2014
<quoted text> Recognize your source as a crack-pot phony.'Comment on the reliability of Ryan Mauro’s reporting ' " Consequently this character must be treated with extreme caution. YOU MUST DOUBLE-CHECK EVERYTHING HE SAYS.
So, you object to Source Watch? Why?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1131235 May 4, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such an idiot, the poor do not have access to proper healthcare as do the rich. You baggers are Americas embarrassment, lots of children born and raised in certain parts of this country have certain symptoms that if treated could possible save their lives. And idiots like you choose to belittle and condemn as opposed to helping in any way, or for that matter wanting anyone else to help. As another much wiser man than I often says on here" You are an idiot Galt always have been and always will be".
everybody has access to medical care, regardless of income or wealth....

however, you are correct that those who can afford to pay for premium care will receive better care.....

that's life, in everything else as well as medical care...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1131236 May 4, 2014
<quoted text> Recognize your source as a crack-pot phony.'Comment on the reliability of Ryan Mauro’s reporting ' " Consequently this character must be treated with extreme caution. YOU MUST DOUBLE-CHECK EVERYTHING HE SAYS.
Sourcewatch is a radical leftwing propaganda site......

http://www.populartechnology.net/2011/10/trut...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1131237 May 4, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
1st graders know how to use "too" correctly and low IQ regards like yourself are the only people who consistently get it wrong.
You have deluded yourself with thoughts of supremacy over millions of individuals for so long that you forgot to go to grammar school.
Allow me old ignorant one. When one is as backward and clueless as you obviously are, it becomes imperative that you attempt to equalize as much as possible. First I will enlighten you on spelling as an indicator of intellect.. Einstein was a terrible speller, so was Winston Churchill, Andrew Jackson, Hemingway, Agatha Christie, and less we forget Dan Quayle.So you see my illiterate friend your attempt at disguising your profound ignorance only works on the very dumb...Now go find you a FOX audience and enjoy the over abundance of stupid. Racist pig.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1131238 May 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO yes a few CIA contractors went over there to join special agent Strickland and a couple of others in evacuating the state department personnel some of whom were wounded and the body of Sean Smith to the nearby CIA base. The ambassador's body was collected later from a nearby hospital where he had be taken by Blue Mountain people.

Keep in mind that Glen Doherty was in far away Tripoli when the consulate was attacked and quickly traveled to Benghazi with others on a Libyan plane so in that regard there was an armed response__or a case of reinforcements being sent. Unfortunately that group was delayed at Benghazi's airport while waiting for ground transportation and only arrived at the CIA base just before it was mortared.

Obviously you and others posting here are too fing lazy to manage even a cursory examination of the actual time line preferring to get your info from rightnut sites, FOX News or even worse on topix.Try www.factcheck.org/2012/10/benghazi-timeline/ but be careful, there are a lot of words and numbers there to consider.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 44 min ANGHARAD 517,114
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 2 hr T-REX 74,094
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr FART HIDE 64,573
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 7 hr zazz 98,715
last post wins! (Jul '11) 9 hr Princess Hey 6,086
One Word (Jul '10) 22 hr So_da_lish_us 2,620
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 22 hr So_da_lish_us 13,205

Orlando Jobs

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages