Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1236418 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1112579 Apr 7, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one in the picture. Who uses a bird dog to go cat fishing?
i've never caught a catfish, or fished where they are..(why would anyone, really, when real men catch trout?)

you girly boys can catch all the catfish you want....

Level 1

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1112581 Apr 7, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't undo Obama's pedigree or his training. They are, finally, matters of record. You were scammed into believing he was a born winner, a sure thing. You bet the farm. Worse yet, you bet everyone's farm. Obama is bad enough, but people like you, who fell for this elaborate hoax, should be racked with shame. Just because you chose not to listen to both sides, don't think claiming ignorance is going to get you off the hook. He is the consummate charlatan, but you handed him the crown.
I'm sorry. I'm still laughing at your " OMG OMG Communists Communist OMG OMG OMG" post.

And really, you being a white supremacist with your head up Rush Limbaugh/Glen Beck's ass certainly has no room to call anyone else a dupe.

I listened to both sides. I chose not to go with the 80- year old war monger with a bimbo backup from the party that took us from a balanced budget to the worst recession in 80 years, a housing collapse,a near financial meltdown, doubling the debt & two quagmire wars.
Funken Wagnall

East Hartford, CT

#1112582 Apr 7, 2014
True the Vote President Catherine Engelbrecht Testifies

Coincidence or Fascism?

"My life before I spoke out for good government stands in stark contrast to the life I now lead. As a wife, a mother, and small businesswoman working with my husband, raising our children and participating in my church and PTA, the government collected my taxes and left me and my family in peace. But when I helped found and led True the Vote and King Street Patriots, I found myself a target of this federal government," she said. "Shortly after filing IRS forms to establish 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) tax exempt organizations, an assortment of federal entities including law enforcement agencies and a Congressman from Maryland, Elijah Cummings came knocking at my door. In nearly two decades of running our small business, my husband and I never dealt with any government agency, outside of filing our annual tax returns. We had never been audited, we had never been investigated, but all that changed upon submitting applications for the non profit statuses of True the Vote and King Street Patriots. Since that filing in 2010, my private businesses, my nonprofit organizations, and family have been subjected to more than 15 instances of audit or inquiry by federal agencies."

Engelbrecht was audited by the IRS, ATF and received multiple visits by OSHA and ATF.

"I found myself a target of this federal government," she said.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1112583 Apr 7, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes it is best to ignore those that are here just to heckle.
I agree that the bias in the media is totally obvious. Despite trying to gin up Bridgegate it was less then they hype.
lol! You keep telling yourself that son.

That should bring you great comfort even as the feds continue their investigation.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1112584 Apr 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>your opinion doesn't mean squat.
you are wrong about almost all the subjects you post on, and you lie about the rest..
found your draft card yet, lying scum?
when you can prove one of your points, you should...until then you are just a proven liar posting your crap here...
That's right. It's MY opinion, but it obviously means EVERYTHING to you!

So, why were you booted off? Misunderstanding? Victimization?

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1112585 Apr 7, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason this is continuing dumbass is that Daryl Issa wants to make political hay by flogging this dead horse and costing taxpayers millions of dollars in the process.
Citing a March 11 Pentagon letter, the AP reported how millions in funding have been funneled away from other Department of Defense responsibilities to "repetitive requests for information from about 50 congressional hearings, briefings and interviews," and the Pentagon determined that "[t]he total cost of compliance with Benghazi-related congressional requests sent to the department and other agencies is estimated to be in the millions of dollars." The AP cited former commander of U.S. Africa Command Gen. Carter Ham's experience as an example:
He has briefed or testified before congressional panels five times over two years, and yet both the Armed Services Committee and House Oversight and Government Reform has [sic] asked Ham to submit to additional interviews.
Right-wing media have actively campaigned for these unending investigations, even coordinating with House Republicans to skew evidence. On February 6, Fox host Bill O'Reilly demanded that Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) subpoena former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta to re-litigate one of Fox's favorite conspiracy theories, and on January 27, host Greta Van Susteren demanded the release of facts already in the public record. Fox has since reached farther to push the Benghazi hoax -- ignoring independent investigations that have turned up no evidence of political scandal.
But go ahead Carol, keep chasing you tail on this.
I believe Issa will go down as the worst Chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee in history. His obsession with bringing down the president with his bogus investigations has made him completely ineffective at his job.

He really should have been brought up on charges for Illegally publishing information from a sealed wiretap application in the Congressional Record. At the very least, he should have been dragged before the House GOP Conference as Government Oversight Committee Chairman Dan Burton was during the Clinton scandal after getting caught leaking a deceptively edited transcript of a former administration supporter. The GOP and scandalmongering go hand in hand.

St. Croix valley

#1112586 Apr 7, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's priceless! They take down pictures of Jesus and replace them with pictures like these - and they do it with a clear conscience.
someone has pictures of jesus? really? did they travel back in time?

idiots are funny!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1112587 Apr 7, 2014
Patriot wrote:
Armed Feds Prepare For Showdown With Nevada Cattle Rancher
April 7, 2014
Ruby Ridge-style standoff brewing as Bundy says he is prepared to be killed
http://www.infowars.com/armed-feds-prepare-fo...
I hope teabagger Bundy gets his wish. One less home grown terrorist!

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Eastern Oregon

#1112588 Apr 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ummm...a Rott, Lab, Shepard mix is not a bird dog at all.he does go grouse hunting...on his own..i think he caught more than i did last year.
sadly, he is a poacher, he found a couple winter grouse dens out of season...
some one who knows nothing about dogs should shut his lying scum trap!
Well, it's hard to tell what's in a dog by looking at a picture of him or what people say about him, huh?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1112589 Apr 7, 2014
REPUBLICANS EXPAND OBAMACARE?

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Level 1

Carlisle, PA

#1112590 Apr 7, 2014
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/04/07/3...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/our-year-...

Maybe the climate deniers can watch this & maybe learn something.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1112591 Apr 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i've never caught a catfish, or fished where they are..(why would anyone, really, when real men catch trout?)
you girly boys can catch all the catfish you want....
How long have you been on welfare/disability, mental case, or do you still live with your parents?

St. Croix valley

#1112592 Apr 7, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. It's MY opinion, but it obviously means EVERYTHING to you!
So, why were you booted off? Misunderstanding? Victimization?
no i pointed out your opinion means nothing..

even opinions can be wrong and i show how yours are wrong all the time.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Eastern Oregon

#1112593 Apr 7, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry. I'm still laughing at your " OMG OMG Communists Communist OMG OMG OMG" post.
And really, you being a white supremacist with your head up Rush Limbaugh/Glen Beck's ass certainly has no room to call anyone else a dupe.
I listened to both sides. I chose not to go with the 80- year old war monger with a bimbo backup from the party that took us from a balanced budget to the worst recession in 80 years, a housing collapse,a near financial meltdown, doubling the debt & two quagmire wars.
Blah, blah, blah.
Being the 'voice of truth', that you claim to be, what part of that post is not accurate?

St. Croix valley

#1112594 Apr 7, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's hard to tell what's in a dog by looking at a picture of him or what people say about him, huh?
but you seemed to think you could call him a bird dog..

now you contradict your own post!

why do you make it so easy to prove what an idiot you are!?!?!

i love pointing out what an fool you are.. but you do it so much better than i ever could!

(BTW, anyone who knows dogs can clearly see the Rott in his head, the lab in his body..) but you had to pretend you were some dog guy and ended up making a fool of yourself with your ignorance again...)
didn't you claim to hunt with dogs? must have been more bullshit from you...what don't you lie about? that might be easier to list....

Level 1

Carlisle, PA

#1112597 Apr 7, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah.
Being the 'voice of truth', that you claim to be, what part of that post is not accurate?
Most of it.
Patrick

United States

#1112598 Apr 7, 2014
Imagine ACA may have hit 7.2 or 7.3 million as the usual talk show clowns are back to Benghazi fraud?

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Eastern Oregon

#1112599 Apr 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no i pointed out your opinion means nothing..
even opinions can be wrong and i show how yours are wrong all the time.
I agree, my opinions mean nothing. So why do you obsess over them?

What about the rest of my post? Your silence is deafening.
Patrick

United States

#1112601 Apr 7, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of it.
GOP needs leadership ?
They attack the President .....seem to have no answers other than usual complaints
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1112602 Apr 7, 2014
RealDave wrote:
http://thinkprogress.org/clima te/2014/04/07/3423139/episode- 1-showtime-years-of-living-dan gerously/
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/our-year-...
Maybe the climate deniers can watch this & maybe learn something.
Not from " ThinkProgressives.com " or the far left NBC/MSM Ministry of Propaganda, Kool-Aid drinker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 min Irontwat3 498,879
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 15 min Concerned_American 4,556
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 22 min Murph 71,931
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 12,613
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 1 hr Princess Hey 9,356
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 17,884
Song Title Game 1 hr Princess Hey 116
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]