Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419652 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1110524 Apr 3, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Have an adult read and explain this to you Duper:
by Thomas J. DiLorenzo
The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.
The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.
So-called "community groups" like ACORN benefit themselves from the CRA through a process that sounds like legalized extortion. The CRA is enforced by four federal government bureaucracies: the Fed, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The law is set up so that any bank merger, branch expansion, or new branch creation can be postponed or prohibited by any of these four bureaucracies if a CRA "protest" is issued by a "community group." This can cost banks great sums of money, and the "community groups" understand this perfectly well. It is their leverage. They use this leverage to get the banks to give them millions of dollars as well as promising to make a certain amount of bad loans in their communities.
lol! The San Jose hired gun again son?

Geez you people keep going to the same well when you have nothing else legitimate
Oscar

Rockville, MD

#1110525 Apr 3, 2014
Hmmmmm... boy when they give up, they just.... give up, don't they?...

“Short-circuit Hillary”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1110526 Apr 3, 2014
Oscar wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are willing to forego care to support your beliefs, I say, "Go for it." Otherwise, "Go for it..."
Hmmm, you missed that joke
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1110527 Apr 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are against the Prison Rape Elimination Act?
Why in the world do you think prisoners raping each other is a good thing?
lol! And you prove once again you lack rudimentary reading comprehension skills son.

I'd tell you to go sit in the corner but you wouldn't understand.

“Short-circuit Hillary”

Location hidden

#1110528 Apr 3, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"You will never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."
~Christopher Columbus
Hell, dem is still 50 miles inland hiding in McDonald's.
The other day dem was claiming to live in the middle of the Atlantic
Oscar

Rockville, MD

#1110529 Apr 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
excessive profanity and threats of violence are unacceptable.....
except to super-seniors like you who get a big thrill......
Unacceptable to whom? The last President and his vice-President were completely familiar with both profanity and threats of violence... sadly...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1110530 Apr 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Knock off the smear crap-it makes you seem stodgy and suffocating old.
The Act was signed into law10 years and you want me to believe it just going into effect-that is a moronic claim. I see you are being dishonest here so I will ask Galt what is happening.
lol! You're like Christie claiming his internal investigation has vindicated him......
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1110531 Apr 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am apparently have better reading comprehension than your-your post I responded to was a bunch of exaggerated BS.
Try again --maybe you can figure out this time.
Who killed th Ft Hood gunman son?

Perhaps I misread you previous post.

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1110532 Apr 3, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
you sucked off an 80 year old?
"harmonious"
It's okay. "poop" has no teeth, the person was safe.
Peace

“Short-circuit Hillary”

Location hidden

#1110533 Apr 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wendy Davis = Abortion Barbie
DOA......
ROTFLMFAO......
It was bizarre that MSM had wall-to-wall coverage on this ditz.

Anti-gun Dem Yee arrested for gun trafficking -crickets

When asked they said they don't cover state senators
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1110534 Apr 3, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't give old USSR any credit. She's cowardly, she blathers, she bloviates, she bellows, she belches, not much more.
lol! Don't you just hate it when you know you'll never attain such a lofty goal son?

You're just not worthy enough to be considered that high!

“Short-circuit Hillary”

Location hidden

#1110535 Apr 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
excessive profanity and threats of violence are unacceptable.....
except to super-seniors like you who get a big thrill......
She is just pouting because she discovered dem's pizza oven joke about Jews was unacceptable. So she attacks me for complaining about dem posting -well an explicit rape fantasy.

The woman is a real sleaze-I always suspected it
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1110536 Apr 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you are swoosh all the time-everything flies past you.
lol! That's because you're either standing still, or moving backwards son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1110537 Apr 3, 2014
Ah! A brew-skie would be mighty tasty right about now!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1110538 Apr 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad part is that there are probably hard working climatologists whose work is getting shoved out of the way for the very vocal alarmist.
It is one of those cold, hard facts of life that squeaky wheels get the grease and, more often than not, get the Nobel Prizes, too. It behooves the intellectually sincere among us to read between the lines often to acknowledge those whose works were either stolen, ignored or manipulated. It is the right thing to do, IMHO.

Rosalind Franklin vs. Watson & Crick? They spied on her, stole her ideas and her results. She died and they got all the accolades and Prizes.

I watched a documentary a few years back about a biology student who worked as an assistant to a renowned professor in his lab. That lab was working to find the cause of the 1918 Pandemic. It was that student, his hard work and brilliance that found the source. The Professor took all the credit and publicity. When the student complained, he was blacklisted across America and could not find employment ever again as a research biologist. He eventually committed suicide as a result.

Science has its Soap Opera Side, unfortunately. Recall the National Pride wars between France and Britain over who discovered the Calculus, Isaac Newton or Gottfried Leibniz?

Today's politicization of Science is deplorable. The Magic Negro's are shameless carnival barkers who willingly pizz onto the Sacred Fire for personal gain while legions of small minded minions in the science community lie prone before them.

Going forward, the wheat will eventually be separated from the chafe but, in the meanwhile, the climate wars go on because of dark politicians and clueless climatologists looking for professional fame and lucrative government awards, grants and subsidies..

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1110540 Apr 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you are swoosh all the time-everything flies past you.
and yet i keep pointing out your idiocy...

guess it all went swoosh by you that you are making a fool of yourself...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1110541 Apr 3, 2014
Well, this pretty much eviscerates Galt's contention....

".. Investigators were also looking into Lopez's psychological background. He had sought help for depression, anxiety and other problems, military officials said.

"We have very strong evidence that he had a medical history that indicates unstable psychiatric or psychological condition," Milley said. "We believe that to be a fundamental underlying cause."..."

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1110542 Apr 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they point e obvious idiocy of your statements..have you noticed you can't answer them without admitting you were wrong?
funny!
why do you always post such obviously wrong crap? do you feel that after twenty straight posts of yours that i have shown to be false or totally idiotic you should have learned to give up?
are you too stupid to know what a fool you are making of yourself?
"stilt", Daffy, quack, quack

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1110543 Apr 3, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"harmonious"
It's okay. "poop" has no teeth, the person was safe.
Peace
Hilarious!

“Short-circuit Hillary”

Location hidden

#1110544 Apr 3, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It is one of those cold, hard facts of life that squeaky wheels get the grease and, more often than not, get the Nobel Prizes, too. It behooves the intellectually sincere among us to read between the lines often to acknowledge those whose works were either stolen, ignored or manipulated. It is the right thing to do, IMHO.
Rosalind Franklin vs. Watson & Crick? They spied on her, stole her ideas and her results. She died and they got all the accolades and Prizes.
I watched a documentary a few years back about a biology student who worked as an assistant to a renowned professor in his lab. That lab was working to find the cause of the 1918 Pandemic. It was that student, his hard work and brilliance that found the source. The Professor took all the credit and publicity. When the student complained, he was blacklisted across America and could not find employment ever again as a research biologist. He eventually committed suicide as a result.
Science has its Soap Opera Side, unfortunately. Recall the National Pride wars between France and Britain over who discovered the Calculus, Isaac Newton or Gottfried Leibniz?
Today's politicization of Science is deplorable. The Magic Negro's are shameless carnival barkers who willingly pizz onto the Sacred Fire for personal gain while legions of small minded minions in the science community lie prone before them.
Going forward, the wheat will eventually be separated from the chafe but, in the meanwhile, the climate wars go on because of dark politicians and clueless climatologists looking for professional fame and lucrative government awards, grants and subsidies..
I can always count on you to post a thoughtful response. Too bad that many here will not understand what you are saying.

I agree we will eventually move on. This is not the first time science was been stuck-alchemy is the most obvious.

I think part of the UN's hysterical alarm concerning global warming is because revenues have been drying up and participation is coming sparse at the global meetings. How can they justify redistribution of global wealth if they loose this cow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 42 min Not Documented 61,059
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 55 min Notliz 513,479
loan shark (Dec '11) 2 hr Carsmartguy 33
Advice Please 5 hr Jamie 4
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 11 hr Ironman3 98,171
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 12 hr Milee 73,691
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) 21 hr This is Sweet 22,976

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages