Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1109147 Apr 2, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
There are over a hundred mosques in Manhattan, just not near ground zero. They are free to build one there, just not very smart.
I thought they tried?

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1109148 Apr 2, 2014
The world has gone insane.

I actually had someone on twitter favorite a tweet after I told her I was making fun of her. In fairness I didn't say her name, but good grief she was the one doing the behavior.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1109149 Apr 2, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was a kid, there was almost always some religious kook in the park preaching the end is near. We just looked at them with some curiosity and went about our business. There may not be a need, but there is a freedom to do it. Who decides what a need is?
why do you live in NJ?

Minnesota's North Coast

#1109150 Apr 2, 2014
ooops! forgot the sarcasm note, Teaman.
:)

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1109151 Apr 2, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
NO wonder our children are falling behind....
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text> Come on now, rockslow, you really out to get to bed before you get to arguing about seventeen candidates.
"...you really out to get to bed..."
archiving this one....!!!!
liberalism at it's finest:

Newsweek poll of 1000 US citizens revealed

29% couldn't name the vice president

43% unable to define bill of rights

40% didn't know America fought Japan & Germany in WWII

73% didn't know Communism was main concern of the cold war

67% didn't know US economy is a capitalistic system

Only 1 in 4 could name more than 1 of the first 5 freedoms the 1st amendment upholds.

These are your typical LIV's who vote democrat, and clearly don't watch media like Fox News, they watch clown comedians like Stewart and Colbert.

Our liberal teachers are failing us

Jimmy Kimmel shows regularly what a bunch of uneducated, ignorant dimwits our schools are churning out.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1109152 Apr 2, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
There are over a hundred mosques in Manhattan, just not near ground zero. They are free to build one there, just not very smart.
The so called mosque near ground zero was already a Muslim Community Center__adding a prayer room was not a giant leap until Pamela Gellar got involved.
Patrick

United States

#1109153 Apr 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
substandard mandatory insurance like ObamaKKKare that denies access to the better doctors and hospitals in a death panel, Bangladesh-style.....
Galt send money to his family in Guatemala and Bangladesh, which we all admire.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1109154 Apr 2, 2014
Ah! It's great to have one of your old corporate execs as governor of a state while killing the customers and constituents.

Not a smart move, but hey, these are republicans after all!!!

"EPA was concerned about NC deal on Duke ash dumps
Associated Press
By MICHAEL BIESECKER 1 hour ago

RALEIGH, N.C.(AP)— The U.S. Environmental Agency expressed concern last year that a proposed deal between North Carolina regulators and Duke Energy to settle pollution violations at two of the company's coal ash dumps was too lenient.
Related Stories

The North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources released more than 13,000 pages of public records in recent days as a response to media requests following the Feb. 2 coal ash spill at a Duke plant in Eden, which coated 70 miles of the Dan River in toxic gray sludge.

Among the items released was a Sept. 27 email from Denisse D. Diaz, chief of the EPA's Clean Water Enforcement Branch, in which the federal agency questions a proposed settlement over groundwater contamination at dumps near Charlotte and Asheville that would have required the $50 billion company to pay $99,000 in fines with no requirement to clean up the pollution.

Though monitoring wells installed by the company had for years documented groundwater contamination leaching from 33 unlined ash pits, state officials had never take action against Duke until a coalition of environmental groups moved to sue the company last year for violating the Clean Water Act. The state agency then used its authority to intervene, quickly proposing a settlement with modest fines.

"The consent order's proposed penalty amounts for past violations ... seem low considering the number of years these facilities are alleged to have been out of compliance," the EPA said.

EPA also expressed reservations about details of how Duke would be required to test for contaminants in the wastewater flowing out of its dumps into rivers and lakes, suggesting more stringent monitoring requirements. The federal agency also questioned provisions allowing pollution leaking from the earthen dikes holding back the coal ash to be included under the company's wastewater discharge permits issued by the state.

State officials made modest technical changes to the settlement proposal in response to the EPA's concerns, but did not increase the amount of the fines.

In the wake of the massive Feb. 2 coal ash spill, state officials have been defending their earlier deal with Duke even as they have sought to distance themselves from it.

The state agency asked a judge to pull its own proposed settlement, the day after an Associated Press story in which environmentalists derided the agreement as a "sweetheart deal" intended to shield nation's largest electricity from a costly cleanup of its dumps.

North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory worked at Duke for more than 28 years and the company and its executives have remained generous contributors to his campaign and GOP groups that support him. McCrory, a Republican, denies Duke received any special treatment from his administration...."

“you know i know”

denver

#1109155 Apr 2, 2014
Waters World showed college students who couldn't name one of their US Senators, it's been shown many young can't identify the VP and these people may vote, invariably for demorats.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1109156 Apr 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a unique interpretation never shared by SCOTUS ever
Damn activist judges! Homer is a strict Constitutionalist.
Patrick

United States

#1109157 Apr 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
"We, the people", have always been comprised of both the rich and the poor and mostly those in between.:-)
But the poor have just been given equal opportunities not to be poor anymore in this country.:-)
It's how some poor people have gotten rich. It's not like there's a limited amount of money to go around.
Most people decide their own fate.
The Democratic Party would like to thank you for your many posts.
You helped Obama win in 2012 and look for your continued support thought your many posts.
THANKS

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1109158 Apr 2, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Should probably add that once again your math is out of order.
Clue__subtract your age from today/current school year__add the age when you began school and then the years to 11th grade (Jr year) keeping in mind that Nixon took office in 1969.
Why am I not surprised?
Huh?

Never mind-don't want to know
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1109159 Apr 2, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The so called mosque near ground zero was already a Muslim Community Center__adding a prayer room was not a giant leap until Pamela Gellar got involved.
Clearly YOU do not watch Fox News.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1109160 Apr 2, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
Breathe deep...
EPA tested deadly pollutants on humans to push Obama admin’s agenda
The Environmental Protection Agency has been conducting dangerous experiments on humans over the past few years in order to justify more onerous clean air regulations.
http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/02/report-epa-...
They started in 2004. Dumbass.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1109161 Apr 2, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
At the fifth GOP debate this week, moderator Wolf Blitzer asked Ron Paul, a doctor, whether someone who opts to not buy health insurance and then gets sick should be allowed to die. The crowd responded with startling shouts of "Yeah!" followed by applause, leaving even Rick Perry "taken aback." Paul's answer, while more gentle, was more or less the same. "That's what freedom is all about: taking your own risks. This whole idea that you have to take care of everybody ... " said Paul, who was cut off by clapping from the audience. While you wouldn't know it from his answer, Blizter's hypothetical probably hit close to home for Paul, whose campaign manager Kent Snyder died young of pneumonia — without insurance — in 2008.
He was just 49 years old when he died of complications from the virus on June 26, two weeks after Paul dropped out of the race. Snyder's mother was left with around $400,000 in medical costs. Paul supporters set up a donation fund to help with the debt.
Snyder was credited as "the driving force behind Ron Paul's presidential bid" in the last election, having turned "his one-man operation into a national grass-roots phenomenon that now calls itself 'The Freedom Movement.'"
That same freedom, which Paul referred to in the debate, complicated Snyder's health problems, as a preexisting condition made insurance premiums too expensive, according to Snyder's sister.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2011/09/...
That's tragic. I wonder if his mom is suing the hospitals that refused to treat him? That is what happened, right? No insurance, no treatment, right?

"Sorry son, premiums are just too high. We'll see you on the other side......love you, bye bye. "

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1109162 Apr 2, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Look pal, we are a Christian nation and we'll kill every last one of you sumbitches to prove it.
You almost got me Homer. I'm trying to watch a baseball game while bringing some light into the lives of our right wing moron friends so I almost hit the reply button before I saw it was you.

“you know i know”

denver

#1109164 Apr 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Four questions:
1. Does the buck stop with the president or not?
2. If the references to Al Qaeda were taken out of the initial CIA reports, who had the power to do that without the president's knowledge?
3. If someone told Susan Rice to perpetrate a lie about a spontaneous mob and a video, who had the power to do that without the president's knowledge?
4. And which is more scary? A president who is behind a major cover up to win an election or a president not knowing anything that goes on within his own administration?
Answer the questions.
Americans died

Oblamer lied

first he hid under his bed for 4 1/2 hours, then jetted off to Vegas for fundraising, F the dead Americans.

Dirtbag Shrillary wouldn't even take phone call from second in command or call him back the next day.

Facts.
Level 1

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1109166 Apr 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they had mosques just blocks away. what is the proper distance ot not offend your prejudice and bigotry on this issue?
Woodtick, I know you're stuck out there in the woods, but I suppose time will change things after wounds are healed. People generally don't have problems with Muslims. There's a mosque less than a mile from my house and there's no problem with it. It's seen as rubbing salt in a wound right now.
John Galt

Columbus, IN

#1109167 Apr 2, 2014
It's me Galt.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1109168 Apr 2, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Waters World showed college students who couldn't name one of their US Senators, it's been shown many young can't identify the VP and these people may vote, invariably for demorats.
why did you have to about that last part?

why do you have to lie at all? if your points are solid, you shouldn't have to make such an ass of yourself...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 10 min Mary NY 492,342
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min SpaceBlues 51,320
Review: Jenny Craig Weight Loss Center 2 hr victjftj 1
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 2 hr Marley 71,145
Gang activity alarms Deltona, which plans schoo... (Jun '07) 3 hr Patty 111
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 5 hr Princess Hey 12,142
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 9 hr Ponderings 96,867
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 12 hr Bunner 17,949
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:27 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:27AM
Will Blackmon Cut by Jaguars: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction