Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1509324 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Hillary

Satellite Beach, FL

#1083474 Feb 20, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
And too many Americans are fine with that.= Carol lost the election
Some posters on here prove it.= People don't seem to read Carol's post anymore
It doesn't take a fictional story to point out the obvious.= malarkey
The present administration doesn't weigh the costs.= People voted without reading Carols 20,000 anti Obama posts LOL
Ask the Venezuelans or Cubans = People Carol wants to keep out of the US together with Mexicans.
Their legacies, power and ivory tower ideologies trumps all unintended costs.= unsupported generalizations
No Benghazi today ?
"What DIFFERENCE does it make?"=Patrick..."Wh at DIFFERENCE does it make?"=Angela... "What DIFFERENCE does it make?"=lily... "What DIFFERENCE does it make?"=Patricangelily?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2017 and beyond

#1083476 Feb 20, 2014
Of my firm.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1083477 Feb 20, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The government pays him to lay in bed for 5 years? He claims to be a golfer! Probably virtual golf video games or Wii! But, he's always here, 24/7 so when would he play Wii golf?
He's so fos on everything. Of course he has no financial problems or health insurance problems, he has no problems at all, except that he can't get out of bed. The government takes care of everything else while he pontificates on here.
Carol yarns today ...
ACA working as trolls off on new malarkey

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1083478 Feb 20, 2014
Report: Deadly drone strike in Yemen failed to comply with Obama’s rules to protect civilians: http://tinyurl.com/oul99wf

Aw-w-w-w...did the Azzhole-In-Chief lie again?

You can keep your doctor. You can keep your insurance.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2017 and beyond

#1083481 Feb 20, 2014
DBWaiter wrote:
I love Paris in the winter when she drizzles
Which one? There are many.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1083482 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
The government pays him to lay in bed for 5 years? He claims to be a golfer! Probably virtual golf video games or Wii! But, he's always here, 24/7 so when would he play Wii golf?
He's so fos on everything. Of course he has no financial problems or health insurance problems, he has no problems at all, except that he can't get out of bed. The government takes care of everything else while he pontificates on here.
That's Obama for you!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1083484 Feb 20, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>YOU do.
lol! So then... I must be a conservative in your eyes.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2017 and beyond

#1083485 Feb 20, 2014
And saw a machine.

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1083488 Feb 20, 2014
History is a Social Scince...

lets look back in History...

Hawaii...

Passed its own ACA...

terms...
Short hour jobs are 20 hours a week and under....
ESI-employer sponsored insurance...

"...indicating that over the entire period the percentage of adults
in short-hour jobs grew significantly faster in Hawaii than in other states..."

"...These findings suggest employer avoidance behavior in response to the mandate..."

3.7 percent increase in part time work after ESI was MANDATED.....

Buchmueller, T,. DiNardo, J., and Robert Valletta.(2011).'The Effect of an Employer Health Insurance Mandate on Health Insurance Coverage and the Demand for Labor:Evidence from Hawaii'. Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, Working Paper : 2009-08

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2017 and beyond

#1083489 Feb 20, 2014
DBWaiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for one thing, I see your avatar advertises a penis like a log. Let's not overreach shall we? Two words for you, honey: splinters.
I am not a woodtick. I am a woodchuck.
with a different voice. CAW! CAW!
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1083490 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Did you just fart?
No, that was Obama giving another presidential speech, just for you.

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1083492 Feb 20, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
"Construction of the 1,600 mile pipeline is broken down into 17 U.S. pipeline spreads or segments, with 500 workers per spread – that’s 8,500 jobs
Keystone XL also needs 30 pump stations worth tens of millions of dollars. Each station requires 100 workers – that’s 3,000 jobs. Add another 600 jobs that would be needed for the six construction camps and tank construction at Cushing, Oklahoma"
appears to me the opponents and dunderheads are lying, something htye do over and over.
You are the dunderhead who keeps falling for the half truths of conservative media sites like wmd.

First of all, once a segment of pipeline is completed, the workers move on to the next segment. That 8,500 figure includes the same 500 over and over again. Secondly, pump stations are not manned.

"The Keystone XL Pipeline will use a series of 41 electric powered pump stations to move oil
through the line – 33 pump stations in the United States and eight in Canada. Situated at
approximately 50-mile (80-km) intervals along the line, groups of pumps and supporting
equipment are located in a small, secure facility referred to as a pump station."

The Keystone "Pump stations include an electrical sub-station and small enclosures to house electrical, measurement and control system components. The pipeline and pump stations will be REMOTELY MONITORED AND CONTROLLED, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, FROM THE OIL CONTROL CENTER (OCC) IN CALGARY, ALTA." NO AMERICAN JOBS.

http://keystone-xl.com/wp-content/uploads/201...

From the same Trans-Canada news release where your statistics came from:(although, I'm sure your source was a conservative media source known for half truths like World Net Daily):

"Typical union-based pipeline spread/segment for Keystone XL would employ Americans in the following positions:

Keystone XL - Jobs per pipeline spread/segment

16 Quality Control
5 Laborer Premium
1 Environmental Coordinator
2 Welding Foremen
1 R.O.W. Coordinator
29 Welder Premium
4 Safety Coordinators
4 Welders backend
16 Engineers
1 Journeyman
8 Foremen
24 Graded Helpers
9 Office Managers
2 Welder Helpers
66 Purchasing Agents
2 Teamster semi
24 Operators
152 Teamster regulars
23 Oilers
28 Mechanics
16 Straw Bosses
27 Security
2 Laborers
111 Timekeeper/clerks
1 Project Manager
2 Superintendents
2 Assistant Superintendents

TOTAL: 561 ...... TEMPORARY American workers.(And even these numbers are over estimated)

http://www.advfn.com/news_TransCanada-Release...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2017 and beyond

#1083493 Feb 20, 2014
It was making ominous sounds.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2017 and beyond

#1083495 Feb 20, 2014
Like a bear.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1083497 Feb 20, 2014
Hot Pockets recalled, may contain “diseased and unsound animals”

A massive California meat recall is affecting the popular microwave snack

Flack: time to throw away your Hotpockets!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2017 and beyond

#1083499 Feb 20, 2014
DBWaiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one? I guess I shouldn't complain it indicates there's the ruin of an imagination in there somewhere...
This was about the beginning of a sickness.

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1083500 Feb 20, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If you right whiners are so interested in "buy American" quit supporting Republicans who continue to support tax breaks for taking jobs overseas.
Right now, Corporations are not taxed on profits earned outside the country until they bring those profits back to the US. So they don't bring it back & invest further in overseas operations. Romney's solution was to make all overseas profits tax free ( great plan masking it more profitable to invest outside the US)
The only allegiance Republicans have is to their pocketbooks.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2017 and beyond

#1083502 Feb 20, 2014
That is infecting my nation.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1083505 Feb 20, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Why in the hell should a company pay taxes in this country for money earn and kept in another country? DumbDave is dumber than a rock.
Because they are US corporations.

If they don't want to pay US taxes then perhaps they should move to another country.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1083507 Feb 20, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That might have been set up by the Zimmerman Bros as a way to extend their time in the limelight. George's brother is a real media hound having made dozens of paid appearances on HLN's Nancy Grace and Jane Velez Mitchell shows Fox's Geraldo and similar "justice" shows.
He's not being harassed here, his address is easily found, he's out and about and is still driving that same tricked up Honda Ridgeline pick up. With a ball cap and sunglasses George looks like many other pudgy Hispanic 30 year old men.
You may have a point; otherwise, he may have started shooting!! Why won't this creep just go away? Does he really think going on Telemundo and crying that he is homeless and has ptsd means anything to anyone? I just wish everyone would stop giving this murderer attention. Glad that stupid boxing or wrestly match was nixed; why would anyone want to contribute to a killers largesse?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr Murphey_Law 513,038
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 2 hr LYING Bullshyters 8,069
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 7 hr LizW 73,761
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,567
3 word game (Jan '11) 22 hr Rose_NoHo 14,277
News BSO arrests 50 gang members (May '09) 23 hr Jane doe 156
News Florida man buys pancakes, eats them in city cr... Sun Reuben44 1

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages