Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1233318 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1065568 Jan 20, 2014
Where did that Texas punk run off to??

I was just beginning to have fun with the Dweeb!!
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1065569 Jan 20, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>CONSSENT Index says otherwise__someone is lying.
"If a rightwinger is speaking odds are pretty good a lie is being told" - Homer
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1065570 Jan 20, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!
"As traffic slumps and teen-oriented stores struggle, retailers suffer worst holiday season since 2009"
http://blogs.marketwatch.com/behindthestorefr...
Online sales up__go figure.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1065571 Jan 20, 2014
Our Moral and Intellectual Superior....

"Member of Mayors Against Illegal Guns Jailed for Gun Related-Crime'

'A former Pennsylvania mayor who was a member of Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns has been sentenced to up to 20 months in jail for a gun-related crime. Last February, James Schiliro, the mayor of Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania, fired a gun in an attempt to intimidate a man to whom he said he was attracted.'

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/368398/m...

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1065572 Jan 20, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"No one denied it was a terrorist attack"??????
Have you ever heard of Susie Brow Rice and the Magic Negro?
Somebody swept you under a rug as a kid.
Only four possible reasons for the denial:
1. Short memories.
2. ARE stupid.
3. Lies and deception are truth.
4. Videos don't exist.

I pick #2 and #3 after seeing a ridiculously bearded Carney arrogantly respond to a reporter a few days ago "we KNOW it was an attack..."

Rewind to the week after the attack and Carney saying to same reporter "it was because of a video..."

Yep,#2 and #3.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1065574 Jan 20, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
More like you wear your azzhole suit 24/7.
I bet you walk around dressed up like a giant nipple....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1065575 Jan 20, 2014
Signs we need to let more Progressives be in charge...

"Philadelphia school cheating probe widens; more than 100 educators targeted"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/19/philadel...

Location hidden

#1065576 Jan 20, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
....greedy republicans...
Bill Gates...
"Bill Gates, the founder and chairman of Redmond, Washington-based Microsoft Corp., was the year’s biggest gainer. The 58-year-old tycoon’s fortune increased by $15.8 billion to $78.5 billion, according to the index, as shares of Microsoft, the world’s largest software maker, rose 40 percent."
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-02/bill...
Thanks, idiot!!

""Philanthropy

Main article: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Gates began to appreciate the expectations others had of him when public opinion mounted suggesting that he could give more of his wealth to charity. Gates studied the work of Andrew Carnegie and John D. Rockefeller, and in 1994 sold some of his Microsoft stock to create the William H. Gates Foundation. In 2000, Gates and his wife combined three family foundations into one to create the charitable Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which is the largest transparently operated charitable foundation in the world. The foundation allows benefactors access to information regarding how its money is being spent, unlike other major charitable organizations such as the Wellcome Trust. The generosity and extensive philanthropy of David Rockefeller has been credited as a major influence. Gates and his father met with Rockefeller several times, and modeled their giving in part on the Rockefeller family's philanthropic focus, namely those global problems that are ignored by governments and other organizations. As of 2007, Bill and Melinda Gates were the second-most generous philanthropists in America, having given over $28 billion to charity; the couple plan to eventually donate 95% of their wealth to charity.
Gates's wife urged people to learn a lesson from the philanthropic efforts of the Salwen family, which had sold its home and given away half of its value, as detailed in The Power of Half.

Gates and his wife invited Joan Salwen to Seattle to speak about what the family had done, and on December 9, 2010, Gates, investor Warren Buffett, and Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook's CEO) signed a promise they called the "Gates-Buffet Giving Pledge", in which they promised to donate to charity at least half of their wealth over the course of time.

----------

So how many Repugnants have pledged to donate half their wealth to charity??

Did the Koch Bros??

I didn't think so.

----------

Let's read this line again, for the benefit of the idiot Teabaggers here;

>>>>> As of 2007, Bill and Melinda Gates were the second-most generous philanthropists in America, having given over $28 billion to charity; the couple plan to eventually donate 95% of their wealth to charity.<<<<< <<<

Let's hear again how 'generous' Repugnants are!!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Level 5

Since: Jul 08

Who's dawn?

#1065577 Jan 20, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Online sales up__go figure.
"It's the internet, Stupid." It's no wonder that your talking to folks who haven't left their own front porch in twenty years.(Wonder if Eman is in mourning for the Forty-niners this morning? I don't really care much if Denver wins.)

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1065578 Jan 20, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>but but won't o'bama care cover Kool Aid poisoning?
Probably. But at the middle classes' expense.

Location hidden

#1065580 Jan 20, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably. But at the middle classes' expense.
You're safe. You're too poor to be middle class.

Middle class don't shop in second hand stores.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1065581 Jan 20, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he was handed a bowl of cherries by the Supreme Court and then proceeded to fick us up for the next 8 years. We'll be paying for that thief for decades.
He proclaimed himself to be the "war President" and went on a spending spree that was unprecedented.
"Was" unprecedented. No mention of Obama? We might as well have had no president what-so-ever, for the last five years. You're basically saying Obama's just a hapless occupant, hands shackled, drifting in and out of the Oval Office, waiting for Bush's ghost to stop haunting him.
I think he's a worthless fool, but I never expected you to admit to it.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1065582 Jan 20, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice you used the term "Mexicans", not illegals. That says something about your narrow point of view.
Mexicans...illegals...it's all the same in this area. They are called "fence jumpers" here for a reason. All fences are a dare to them, an insult to their belief that everything in North America is rightfully theirs to use as they see fit. I have criminals running through and hiding on my property constantly. Between hiding from the law and stealing my property too, they have cost me quite a bit over the years. And I'm over 200 miles from the border. It's an invasion we can no longer afford to support. Their desire for freebies knows no end.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1065583 Jan 20, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You ran from your opinion of Christie when Christie was prancing around the airport with Obama.
There used to be Democrats I respected. Patrick Moynehan was one. Today, it's blatantly obvious Democrats are completely controlled by that anti-American duped faction that was merely just part of the assemblage of Democrats until the 90s.
I don't see any Democrat opposed to the blatantly obvious unconstitutional government we have today executing a coup against the constitutional republic.
Deflection. Show me a post where I praised Christie.
Galt and Waxman both praised him here and you don't have the balls to tell them they're RINOs for supporting a "Democrat".
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1065584 Jan 20, 2014
Science tells us that...

Dope smokers....listen up...

"Severe mental illness tied to higher rates of substance use"

What did the scientists find out:

"...Compared to controls, people with severe mental illness were about 4 times more likely to be heavy alcohol users (four or more drinks per day); 3.5 times more likely to use marijuana regularly (21 times per year); and 4.6 times more likely to use other drugs at least 10 times in their lives."

http://www.nih.gov/news/health/jan2014/nida-0...

Location hidden

#1065585 Jan 20, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
Where did that Texas punk run off to??
I was just beginning to have fun with the Dweeb!!
He ran off rather than confront Waxman and Galt. This is just a sample of the turmoil coming up in 2016. These morons can't agree on anything except their hate for Obama.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1065586 Jan 20, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
should the government be allowed to prohibit religious expression???
should a few appointed judges be allowed to prohibit religious expression???...
No.

And no.

Unless you live want to live under a dictatorship.

Location hidden

#1065587 Jan 20, 2014
El Nino Patterns Could Become Twice As Likely In A Warming World

""The question of how global warming will influence El Niño has been a challenging one for scientists to answer. A new study suggests while the overall number of El Niños is unlikely to increase, particularly strong “super” El Niños are likely to occur twice as frequently in a warming world.

El Niño refers to a pattern of unusually warm water stretching across the surface of eastern equatorial Pacific that occurs every 3-7 years. That warm water influences climate patterns around the world, increasing the likelihood of wet and cool weather in the Southeast, heavy rain in California, warm and dry conditions in the Pacific Northwest, and host of other global impacts.

The strongest El Nino ever recorded occurred in 1997-98. It led to heavy rains across the southern U.S., landslides in Peru, wildfires in Indonesia, and the cratering of the anchovy fishery in the eastern Pacific. These and other impacts were responsible an estimated $35-45 billion in damage and 23,000 deaths worldwide.

Another “super” El Nino in 1982-83 wreaked similar havoc globally.

In a study published on Sunday in Nature Climate Change, researchers show that climate change could double the frequency of super El Nino events.

To obtain the results, researchers led by Wenjun Cai, a climate modeler at Australia’s Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, used 20 climate models to simulate ocean temperatures and rainfall in the tropical Pacific with and without changes in greenhouse gases. Cai looked specifically at the period of December-February, when El Nino tends to peak and its impacts are the most widespread.

“Under greenhouse warming the eastern equatorial Pacific warms faster than the surrounding regions ... making it easier to have maximum SST (sea surface temperatures) in the eastern equatorial Pacific, and hence more occurrences of extreme El Nino events,” Cai said in an email.

Surface waters in the eastern tropical Pacific averages around 72°F, about 10°F cooler than the western tropical Pacific. Cai said that makes it easier to warm, which reduces the overall temperature difference between the two regions and makes conditions more ripe for super El Ninos to develop.

Specifically, the results show that the likelihood of super El Ninos doubles from one every 20 years in the previous century to one every 10 years in the 21st century.""

Location hidden

#1065588 Jan 20, 2014
Urgent Search for 'Black Widow' Suicide Bomber, May Be Already in Sochi

""Police in Sochi have launched an urgent search for a possible female suicide bomber who may have already made it past the ring of security set up for the Olympic Games.

Hotel employees in Sochi told ABC News that posters with pictures and descriptions of a 22-year-old woman from nearby Dagestan were distributed over the weekend by authorities and a similar flyer was also seen posted at Sochi's airport.

The woman is identified as Ruzanna Ibragimova, using the nickname Salima, the widow of a militant reportedly killed in a shoot-out with police last year in Dagestan.

She is described as being affiliated with the Caucasus Emirate, the terror group led by Doku Umarov that has threatened attacks against the Winter Games in Sochi.

Ibragimova is described as having a 10 centimeter scar across the left cheek, a pronounced limp, and a stiff left arm that doesn't bend at the elbow.""

----------

Putin will beg Obama for help with security -- after the first bombs go off.

Location hidden

#1065589 Jan 20, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only four possible reasons for the denial:
1. Short memories.
2. ARE stupid.
3. Lies and deception are truth.
4. Videos don't exist.
I pick #2 and #3 after seeing a ridiculously bearded Carney arrogantly respond to a reporter a few days ago "we KNOW it was an attack..."
Rewind to the week after the attack and Carney saying to same reporter "it was because of a video..."
Yep,#2 and #3.
What difference does it make?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 8 min T-REX 498,303
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 54 min red and right 53,562
Hollywood Movies for Memorial Day in the War on... 1 hr Culture Auditor 6
War on Police Claims a Victory in Baltimore in May 2 hr Culture Auditor 1
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 3 hr Doug77 17,842
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 3 hr Doug77 12,568
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 9 hr Anne 97,267
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]