Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1602863 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1066384 Jan 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
wasn't it just last week that the nutjobs were using something he said to attack Obama?
Rev. Jeremiah Wright slams Tea Partiers:‘A 2.0 upgrade of a lynch party’
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/21/rev-jer...
but not this week.
O'bama sat with Rev. Wright for 20 years and you think O'bama doesn't feel the same way??? O'bama hates Americans that won't get on the commie train.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066385 Jan 22, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know what the right's excuse is--but O'bama's excuse for being ignorant is because he is black. It is clear according to O'bama.
so your excuse is that you're white?

seems clear to me.
yes

New Enterprise, PA

#1066386 Jan 22, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Requiring an ID to vote isn't all that unreasonable. Unless democrats are afraid voter IDs would drastically affect their number of votes.
Why else would they get so angry? Don't democratic voters need an ID if they need food stamps or when picking up government checks?
Or can anyone just claim to be someone else and get both? Not sure how that works really.
But probably why there's so much fraud and abuse.
Sorry there cutie but I believe you are under some sort of an illusion that isn't very practical. You lump all democrats as food stamp users & relying on the government to help them. Soooooooooo, no republicans do? Hmm, that's just odd, downright rude & incorrect. Besides, y'all bitch & moan about our government helping those in need but when YOU need some type of assistance, it's all good. Right? Can't play both sides there bucky.

So no right wingers need help? Good, then pay more in taxes.

I believe the question SHOULD be - If, IF the voter ID will be required, that would mean that the republican votes would lower by millions for there would no longer be duplicate people voting. Republicans do that, ya know.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1066387 Jan 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the Bush record for lowest job creation is an indication that the myth worked?
It''s hard to create jobs when everybody who wants to work is already working! It's funny you nut jobs were saying 5% unemployment was full employment under Clinton but it was bad under Bush. Libtards are SO stupid!!!!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066388 Jan 22, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>They wouldn't be talking about Windy if she wasn't such a loon...tampon earring wearing Windy--LOL--coo coo. I suppose they talked about Anthony's wiener for so long because it was a threat??? you libs are funny.
Why Wendy Davis' biographical embellishments won't sink her campaign

A politician exaggerated her biography. In other news, water is wet.

http://theweek.com/article/index/255315/why-w...

the Texans from Connecticut is pretty funny.

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1066389 Jan 22, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't you and shttyerEction get enough of each other on the overnight shift.babe?
BTW that one also posts from Central Florida__just like you__maybe you lovebugs are neighbors. Have you pm'd each other?
This is the issue at hand:

Did or did not Richard Nixon have an enemies list which contributed to his demise?

Yes or no.

And did or did not Richard Nixon try to cover up a hotel break in which did contribute to his demise?

Yes or no.

Did or did not Barack Obama try to censor the press on his enemies list?

Yes or no.

And did or did not Barack Obama cover up an attack on 9/11 and his administration's incompetent response to save four Americans' lives?

Yes or no.

Two enemies' lists, two cover ups, two presidents. What the heck is the difference? Besides the fact one resigned because he was a Republican?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066390 Jan 22, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I would never let my son serve as an Ambassador under Barack Hussien O'bama or Hillary Rodman Clinton. You?
or Bush.

13 Benghazis Happened Under President Bush and Fox News Said Nothing

http://www.policymic.com/articles/40811/13-be...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1066391 Jan 22, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I would never let my son serve as an Ambassador under Barack Hussien O'bama or Hillary Rodman Clinton. You?
like that would ever happen....

you do realize they don't deal directly with the security of specific consulates and missions, don't you? probably not, that is why progeny of your gene pool won't have to worry about that scenario...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066392 Jan 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt understands that winning back the White House with a RINO accomplishes nothing......
Government medical care designed by Republicans would be no better than ObamaKKKafre....and Republican amnesty for illegal aliens is no better than the DemoKKKrat plan....
so you'd rather have a democrat in the WH?

nutjob cannot win the WH. not enough of you to get it done.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1066393 Jan 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
if you want to ban football, just say so.....
no need, the game will just fundamentally change as no school district or private program will be able to cover the liability...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066394 Jan 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
free will.

unlike you, i don't like to try to impose my views upon others. you want your kids to end up with some kind of traumatic injury, have at it.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1066395 Jan 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
It's coming. The guys down at the bar don't believe me but it will either be banned or it will turn into flag football with no major physical contact.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066396 Jan 22, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It''s hard to create jobs when everybody who wants to work is already working! It's funny you nut jobs were saying 5% unemployment was full employment under Clinton but it was bad under Bush. Libtards are SO stupid!!!!!!
ok, so you just said that democrats are the job creators.

Clinton - 22.7 million job created.

Bush - 1.1 million jobs created.

http://www.politifact.com/ohio/statements/201...

thanks Bill.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1066397 Jan 22, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>"I didn't realize how fragile the people were."
ROFLMAO
Yeah, well most people can see how fragile he is. Wonder if he's coming out of the closet?
All of the "fragile people" would do well to sue him for causing them severe psychological damage; like the goons on here. Glen, Rush, Levin and the rest of the merry band of hatemongers should all be sued; that's the only way to get to these guys, take their money.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1066398 Jan 22, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did or did not Richard Nixon have an enemies list which contributed to his demise?
Yes or no.
And did or did not Richard Nixon try to cover up a hotel break in which did contribute to his demise?
Yes or no.
Yes or no.
And did or did not Barack Obama cover up an attack on 9/11 and his administration's incompetent response to save four Americans' lives?
Yes or no.
Two enemies' lists, two cover ups, two presidents. What the heck is the difference? Besides the fact one resigned because he was a Republican?
yes, yes, no, no

Rand Paul? hilarious. Perhaps he and Cruz could run together and have a true whining contest.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1066399 Jan 22, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you constantly call democrat voters stupid? If they are too stupid to get an ID then they are too stupid to vote!!!
It's not about being too stupid to get an ID Flacko__it's about how difficult and costly it can be for some to get a government issued photo ID.

And BTW, plenty of Republicans have also said, "fk it, I'm not going through that hassle."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066400 Jan 22, 2014
What Clients Mean When They Whine About “Lack of Leadership”

Greg Scoblete reminds us that the constant carping about “allied” unhappiness with the U.S. in the Near East is happening because the U.S. won’t do its clients’ bidding at our expense:

So the next time you hear someone complain that America’s “allies” in the Middle East are upset about the lack of American leadership on this or that, remember that what they’re really cheesed off about is the fact that American blood and treasure are not being put on the line to defend their interests.

We can understand why a client government might want its patron to do everything that the client wants in its region, but a patron is under no obligation to join or launch new wars in order to keep its dependents happy. Israel and Saudi Arabia have been the loudest in expressing their displeasure with U.S. actions or lack of actions on several issues over the last few years, which is a little strange since they both need good relations with the U.S. far more than our government needs good relations with them. Both states have been in the habit of getting what they want from Washington for a long time, and the U.S. has indulged them for so long that they may assume that their priorities are supposed to prevail. It shouldn’t work that way, and lately it hasn’t been. Now that this is happening less often than they expect, they have been throwing fits to make Washington act differently, and somewhat incredibly there are quite a few members of Congress that are only too ready to oblige. The U.S. would be well-advised to continue rejecting these clients’ unreasonable demands, especially on those issues where their preferred policies on Syria and Iran would lead the U.S. into new and unnecessary conflicts that probably won’t even benefit the clients that are agitating for them.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1066401 Jan 22, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama says Americans hates him because he is black-he keeps trying to race bait the entire nation, now his claim is :“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president. Big Whoop, Mr. President. I'm sorry that 43 percent of your voters were white—but you’re probably right. It’s most likely a race thing. How is it that O'bama gets dumber every single year in office? According to O'bama he is a failure because he is black, I don't know why he doesn't come out and admit it!
Explain how Obama's accomplishments are a failure. He's done all this with obstructionist Republicans fighting his brilliant recovery from Bush' recession:

Low interest rates
Kept Republicans from tampering with Social Security
Stock market is soaring
Retirement savings restored
Reined in tax cuts for the wealthy
Over forty straight months of job growth in the private sector
Housing market improving
Protected women’s right to control their own bodies
Ended the war in Iraq
Turned around the U.S. auto industry
Virtually zero inflation
More Americans now have health insurance

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1066402 Jan 22, 2014
Glenn Beck: I Played A Role In 'Helping Tear The Country Apart'

""Glenn Beck admitted Tuesday that he has some major regrets about his time at Fox News.

“I remember it as an awful lot of fun and that I made an awful lot of mistakes, and I wish I could go back and be more uniting in my language,” Beck said during an interview with Megyn Kelly.“I think I played a role, unfortunately, in helping tear the country apart and it's not who we are.”

He continued,“I didn’t realize how really fragile the people were. I thought we were kind of more in it together and now I look back and realize, if we could've talked about the uniting principles instead of just the problems, I think I would look back more fondly.”

Beck left the network after two and a half years in June 2011 to start his own media company. His tenure was full of controversial moments, from accusing President Obama of being a "racist" to gutting a fish that he compared to the mainstream media on air.

He has made similar remarks about his time at Fox News before, telling the AP last year that he wishes he had used less divisive language."
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1066403 Jan 22, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes or no.
Yes or no.
Yes or no.
Yes or no.
That's not an issue doll__except maybe to your fragile self.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Child Protective Services Should Be SUED Along ... (Aug '12) 22 hr Angela 40
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) Sat Murphey_Law 513,687
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Sat zazz 98,518
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Sep 22 LizW 73,841
News Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not ... (Jan '09) Sep 22 james52 244
Puerto Rico Sucks (Jun '08) Sep 21 Guest 1,335

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages