Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1276765 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1065502 Jan 20, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>grovel over and get your medicaid.
But...the media makes Medicaid look so inviting.

What a strange thing for a government to do...encouraging its citizens to be so dependent, especially with the younger work force shrinking and the baby boomers retiring.

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1065503 Jan 20, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
DuPont,
That was a very painful speech to watch President Obama give the other day on the subject of illegal surveillance of US citizens.
He should have prompted the "vigorous debate" before Snowden blew the whistle.
He should have read the Constitution at least once in his life. That would help.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1065504 Jan 20, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
They have their opinions, and I have mine. That's the way it works with us. We don't automatically regurgitate any party line without thinking.
You would be believable if you pointed out what a shitbag Christie was when he was prancing around the airport with Obama instead of being where he told Romney he had to be when he gave him that public insult, in the command center.
Some believe just getting any Republican into the White House will change what's happening today. I don't believe that. The RINOs are just Democrats wearing a RINO costume, and nothing will change with them in the seat of power. They're already watching everything happening and sitting on their hands. They just agreed to a budget that is sure to collapse the government... unless money starts growing on trees.
The TEA Party is the only obstruction to the elimination of the constitutional republic and the institution of a totalitarian government by elitist whim. To defeat that coup, the TEA Party has to defeat the RINOs who are protecting the Democrats' agenda from any opposition.
I want to see Andrew Napolitano start getting his name put in the so-called polls being run. For some reason, nobody wants to even acknowledge he exists. He scares the hell out of Democrats and RINOs.
That's our man.
You might have missed this while you were holed up in your bunker this weekend. Christie blackmails Hoboken Mayor with Sandy money. Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer is alleging that Governor Christie has withheld relief funds in an attempt to get her to sign off on a redevelopment project he wanted approved.
According to Mayor Zimmer, Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno and Richard Constable communicated to her that Hoboken would only receive vital Hurricane Sandy relief funds if she would agree to sign off on a redevelopment project favored by Christie’s office.
How can you simply dismiss support for Christie, an obvious government abuser, by saying they have their opinion, I have mine? He may end up President unless you take a stand.
I believe you used the term, put up or shut up, in a situation like this..

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Spring, TX

#1065505 Jan 20, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem, there's plenty of jobs for anyone that wants one. All we have to do is keep greedy wealthy Republicans from hiring illegals for those jobs.
Or, just stop paying people to not do the work the illegal aliens are here doing. That will solve both the "unemployment" problem and the illegal alien problem.
Then, get rid of the minimum wage. History proves it is an incentive for more people to choose to become useless shitbags.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1065506 Jan 20, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
King was a Communist cocksmith...just like Obama, but with a different sexual preference....
so you must be aware that MLK wasn't a republican. and that he thought the Right had "become identified with extremism, racism, and retrogression".

so no surprise you're going to go the nutjob route

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Spring, TX

#1065507 Jan 20, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
JERUSALEM, Jan. 13 (UPI)-- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry called off his Monday visit to Israel at the last minute, Israeli broadcaster Arutz Sheva reported.
The cancellation is apparently in reaction to poor results in Kerry's attempt to broker an agreement between Israel and the Palestinian Authority, the broadcaster said.
Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2014/0...
Wow, that not good news either!
The entire world knows this administration is full of frauds and pathological liars. Israel has nothing to gain by catering to this administration, and everything to lose.

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Spring, TX

#1065508 Jan 20, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so you must be aware that MLK wasn't a republican. and that he thought the Right had "become identified with extremism, racism, and retrogression".
so no surprise you're going to go the nutjob route
Why would King join the political party that was shoving him to the back of the bus and attacking him with fire hoses and dogs?
You're an idiot.
Lnc

United States

#1065509 Jan 20, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
The flip side is I think it’s important for conservatives to recognize and answer some of the problems that are posed by that history, so that they understand if I am concerned about leaving it up to states to expand Medicaid that it may not simply be because I am this power-hungry guy in Washington who wants to crush states’ rights but, rather, because we are one country and I think it is going to be important for the entire country to make sure that poor folks in Mississippi and not just Massachusetts are healthy.”
President Obama
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2014/01/27...
President's interview should be interesting

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Spring, TX

#1065510 Jan 20, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
You might have missed this while you were holed up in your bunker this weekend. Christie blackmails Hoboken Mayor with Sandy money. Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer is alleging that Governor Christie has withheld relief funds in an attempt to get her to sign off on a redevelopment project he wanted approved.
According to Mayor Zimmer, Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno and Richard Constable communicated to her that Hoboken would only receive vital Hurricane Sandy relief funds if she would agree to sign off on a redevelopment project favored by Christie’s office.
How can you simply dismiss support for Christie, an obvious government abuser, by saying they have their opinion, I have mine? He may end up President unless you take a stand.
Well, according to the excuse, Christie had to pander to Obama to get disaster funds from the federal government. Looks like every pea in the pod is identical.
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1065511 Jan 20, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you didn't have health insurance before the ACA???
That's a stupid question, thread idiot.
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1065512 Jan 20, 2014
Parallel universe’: Woman spends 6 weeks trying to disenroll from ObamaCare

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Spring, TX

#1065513 Jan 20, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
You have your opinions, too. You agree with the coup by the Democrats to eliminate the constitutional republic and replace it with a totalitarian government of the ruling elite. You continually deny the obvious, like gun running, sabotaging Iraq, sabotaging Afghanistan, putting the Muslim Brotherhood in policy-making positions in the White House, a constant stream of lies, IRS targeting political opposition, Obama being nothing more than a shill to make it look like someone's president, etc., etc., etc., and put out every party line lie you get in your indoctrination sessions.
The only difference is, you don't state your opinions. You lie about them. But, Saul Alinsky coaches you to lie about them. You know, truth is relative.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1065514 Jan 20, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, just stop paying people to not do the work the illegal aliens are here doing. That will solve both the "unemployment" problem and the illegal alien problem.
Then, get rid of the minimum wage. History proves it is an incentive for more people to choose to become useless shitbags.
Denying them all the freebies is what will send them packing back to Mexico. Those little taco stands and construction cleanup crew stints are not what's buying a new truck for every one of the ten adults living in your local flophouse.

Hint: Construction is way down all across the Southwest but the Mexicans still manage to live very well with all the handouts. If Mexico had welfare, SNAP and year long free meals at the schools we wouldn't have millions of Mexican freeloaders dragging down our Standard of Living. It's not very gracious of their native country considering we have brought UP the Standard of Living in Mexico, steadily, every year since NAFTA was signed. They are never satisfied, the more we give them the more they want. So much for the gratitude of beggars and thieves.
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1065515 Jan 20, 2014
The first open display of fascism by a high profile Democrat leader. It's started.

Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/20/go...

That party of plastic tolerance is now the party of totalitarianism. Democrats.

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Spring, TX

#1065516 Jan 20, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Wendy Davis, the Texas state senator whose filibuster for abortion rights made her a Democratic superstar and launched her campaign for governor, has admitted to the Dallas Morning News that she lied about key events in her life, including her first divorce. Davis may even have lied under oath, testifying in a federal lawsuit over redistricting that "I got divorced by the time I was 19 years old," when in fact she was divorced at age 21.
Other missing details have included: her second husband paid her way through law school and she divorced him the day after the last payment was made; her ex-husband accused her in initial court filings of adultery, and was awarded custody of their two daughters; and she first ran for city council in Fort Worth as a Republican.
"My language should be tighter,” she said, admitting her campaign biography has been less than truthful.
It is not clear whether the article in the Dallas Morning News, by senior political writer Wayne Slater, is meant to be an exposé or a defense, presenting embarrassing details in the best light possible to present an overall picture of competence. One unidentified source, who said that Davis is "going to figure out a way to spin herself in a way that grabs at the heart strings," is also quoted as saying that "she’d be a good governor."
Regardless, the fact that Davis "blurred" her biography raises questions about her integrity. Her ex-husbandsaid she should not have needed to lie--that her real life is "a better narrative than what they’re trying to paint.”
The media tend to protect Democrats--notably, Barack Obama, Davis's contemporary at Harvard Law School--when they present false "composites" of their lives. It remains to be seen whether they treat Davis the same.
Also, almost all of her money is coming from New York.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1065517 Jan 20, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you claim Bush's road from balanced budgets to the worst recession in 80 years was just a natural happening?
These were deliberate actions by the Bush administration & Republicans in Congress
1) Unfunded tax cuts
2) Slashing revenues at a time of war
3) unfunded quagmire Iraq War - a war of choice
4) Unfunded major expansion to Medicare benefits
5) Record Earmarks
6) Doubling the national debt
7) Allowing Afghanistan to become a quagmire
I have news, when Bush left us in the midst of the worst recession in 80 years, a housing collapse, a near financial meltdown, two quagmire wars & a doubled national debt, it was not natural. It was the direct result of the deliberate actions I listed above.
When will you ever man up & admit it?
"Natural"... Now that's funnier than sh*t.
You carry on like Bush was handed a bowl of cherries with nothing to worry about. Remember 9/11? Perpetrated by the same man Clinton backed away from? You're pitiful. Obama took a war we had won and surrendered it back to the enemy. He sent men to die in an action he didn't believe in. He'll be backing out of Afghanistan, his righteous war, in the same fashion he backed out of Iraq.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1065518 Jan 20, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, according to the excuse, Christie had to pander to Obama to get disaster funds from the federal government. Looks like every pea in the pod is identical.
Who is the biggest threat to Andrew Napolitano as the 2016 Republican Presidential candidate?
Obama or Christie?
Who do you attack relentlessly here?
Obama or Christie?
And yet you simply shrug your shoulders at your friends here as they extol the virtues of Christie and say they are entitled to their opinion.
That's pretty lame for a principled guy like you.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1065519 Jan 20, 2014
NEWARK (The Borowitz Report)—A support group for mayors bullied by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie held its first meeting today at the Prudential Center arena, in Newark.

Organizers of the gathering pronounced themselves pleased with the turnout, as bullied officeholders from all over the state filled the eighteen-thousand-seat venue.

The support group was the brainchild of Carol Foyler, the bullied mayor of Sea Ridge, New Jersey.

“All of these mayors have their own painful stories to share,” Mayor Foyler said.“We wanted to give them a safe space to do that.”

The event was interrupted fifteen minutes in, however, when power to the Prudential Center was abruptly cut off, plunging the arena into darkness.

A spokesman from Gov. Christie’s office said that the sudden power outage was part of a routine electricity study.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit... (19)
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1065520 Jan 20, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
King was a Communist cocksmith...just like Obama, but with a different sexual preference....
Like you and your Justin Bieber fixation

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Spring, TX

#1065521 Jan 20, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
You obviously weren't there.
No one was protesting because the Vietnam War was supposed;y stopping the advance of Communism.
More proof you are dumber that sh*t,
Please tell us what happened after the Democrats sabotaged South Vietnam after they defeated the single largest communist invasion of the war in 1972 without any assistance from US ground combat units. Where did the front of the Cold War move to next?

And, please tell us:

1) Why there hasn't been an election for any office at any level of government in Vietnam since 1975?

2) Why is Vietnam an impoverished country while the rest of the world has become wealthier? Why doesn't South Vietnam have a vibrant industrial middle class and an industrial economy like South Korea?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 13 min Princess Hey 18,253
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 16 min Murphey_Law 502,176
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) 16 min Princess Hey 22,482
The alphabet (Jun '06) 1 hr Doobie Time 1,450
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 1 hr Doobie Time 9,501
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 1 hr Doobie Time 12,262
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 1 hr Doobie Time 12,782
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 2 hr clueless 19,062
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 6 hr LizW 72,663
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages