Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1277191 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

ptbw forever

United States

#1054142 Jan 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
There's an old sock buzzing around, begging for attention.
No feeding that sick troll, OK.
The WalMart fool is fun. Esp. telling us how young he is.
Here's how old the moron is. Music of his era gives this old man away, as Gunner did when he said they stopped making good movies in 1967!!
""The Troggs were an English rock band from the 1960s that had a number of hits in the UK and the US. Their most famous songs include the Hot 100 chart topper "Wild Thing".
""Fronted by Reg Presley, the Troggs were from the town of Andover in southern England and were originally called the Troglodytes.""
'Wild Thing' is an old rock song by a group that faded fast.. No wonder he remembers 'troglodyte' so well. He lived it.
I was born in 1989, dumbass.
I know old terms because I know a little about everything you can imagine, and I possess a much higher than average vocabulary.

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1054143 Jan 4, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Never said anything about the government. I'm going to build one for my house along with vertical wind turbines. I'm going to have the power company paying me instead of me paying them.
You better install it soon as power companies are on the verge of charging people with alternative energy more and paying them less.

"Arizona Public Service says homeowners with solar panels are benefiting from the grid's 24-7 power supply but avoiding much of the costs of maintaining power plants, transmission lines and the distribution system.

Under the current system, homeowners are able to cut their bills by selling excess power at full retail price back to APS in a practice called "net metering." Combined with using the power from the panels themselves, net metering can cut their bills by about two-thirds.

APS says that effectively shifts the costs of operating the huge power distribution grid to homes without solar.

It is proposing changes that would effectively cut that benefit by either charging more for power that homeowners with solar use or cutting what it pays for the excess solar power sent back to the grid. Existing solar installations would be exempt from the changes for 20 years."

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_...

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1054144 Jan 4, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Never said anything about the government. I'm going to build one for my house along with vertical wind turbines. I'm going to have the power company paying me instead of me paying them.
Go for it. I've known many people who did the Solar thing. A lot of money, a lot of labor.

A labor of love is a great thing, though.

A vertical wind turbine meaning - what? Thermal air rising through a contained column?

There was such a project located somewhere in the Australian Outback that had Tracking Solar Mirrors directed to an underground point of heated material. Thermal Rising was supposed to drive a column of contained turbines.

Haven't heard anything in years about it. Maybe it didn't scale up well.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1054145 Jan 4, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My God, another right whiner that thinks to be green you can't be manufactured, mined, etc.
How the f*ck did you peopler get this stupid??
If someone invented a car that an on air & had no emissions. dumbf*ck Eed would complain that it was manufactured.
Being green does not mean no emissions, ever.
My God
Your head is Fly-Over Territory.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1054146 Jan 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You better install it soon as power companies are on the verge of charging people with alternative energy more and paying them less.
"Arizona Public Service says homeowners with solar panels are benefiting from the grid's 24-7 power supply but avoiding much of the costs of maintaining power plants, transmission lines and the distribution system.
Under the current system, homeowners are able to cut their bills by selling excess power at full retail price back to APS in a practice called "net metering." Combined with using the power from the panels themselves, net metering can cut their bills by about two-thirds.
APS says that effectively shifts the costs of operating the huge power distribution grid to homes without solar.
It is proposing changes that would effectively cut that benefit by either charging more for power that homeowners with solar use or cutting what it pays for the excess solar power sent back to the grid. Existing solar installations would be exempt from the changes for 20 years."
I don't live in Arizona.
new yawk

Chicago, IL

#1054147 Jan 4, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My God, another right whiner that thinks to be green you can't be manufactured, mined, etc.
How the f*ck did you peopler get this stupid??
If someone invented a car that an on air & had no emissions. dumbf*ck Eed would complain that it was manufactured.
Being green does not mean no emissions, ever.
My God
You should become a monk. Your dedication to teaching these tea bag imbeciles is patience personified.
They also make beer!!

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1054148 Jan 4, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Bullshit!!! Those batteries have to be constantly changed out.
The Lifecycle of an Electric Car Battery
How long will an electric car battery last? The lithium-ion battery pack in the Tesla Roadster is projected to have a lifespan of about 5 years or 100,000 miles. At the end of that time the pack will need to be replaced, at a cost of approximately $10,000. Sure, that's expensive, but the Roadster itself will cost almost $100,000, which makes the cost of the battery pack seem affordable. Many, perhaps most, owners will no doubt prefer to replace the battery pack rather than buy a brand new Roadster.
Or there could be a secondary market for all of those used Tesla Roadsters as they approach the 100,000 mile mark.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1054149 Jan 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Go for it. I've known many people who did the Solar thing. A lot of money, a lot of labor.
A labor of love is a great thing, though.
A vertical wind turbine meaning - what? Thermal air rising through a contained column?
There was such a project located somewhere in the Australian Outback that had Tracking Solar Mirrors directed to an underground point of heated material. Thermal Rising was supposed to drive a column of contained turbines.
Haven't heard anything in years about it. Maybe it didn't scale up well.
Will Vertical Turbines Make More of the Wind?
A Caltech researcher thinks arrays of tiny wind turbines could produce cheaper power than big ones.

By Kevin Bullis on April 8, 2013
WHY IT MATTERS

Though competitive in some cases, wind power needs to get cheaper still to displace large amounts of fossil fuels.

Testing the wind: Three, 10-meter vertical-axis wind turbines at a demonstration facility in California.

The remote Alaskan village of Igiugig—home to about 50 people—will be the first to demonstrate a new approach to wind power that could boost power output and, its inventors say, just might make it more affordable.

For decades, the trend across the wind industry has been to make wind turbines larger and larger—because it has improved efficiency and helped lower costs.

John Dabiri, a professor of aeronautical and bioengineering at Caltech, has a heretical idea. He thinks the way to lower the cost of wind power is to use small vertical-axis wind turbines, while using computer models to optimize their arrangement in a wind farm so that each turbine boosts the power output of its neighbors.

Dabiri has demonstrated the basic idea at a 24-turbine test plot in southern California. Grants totaling $6 million from the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation and the U.S. Department of Defense will allow him to see if the approach can lower wind power costs in Igiugig. The first 10 turbines will be installed this year, and the goal is to eventually install 50 to 70 turbines, which would produce roughly as much power as the diesel generators the village uses now. Dabiri is also installing turbines at an existing wind farm in Palm Springs, California, using his models to generate power by putting up new turbines between existing ones.

Ordinarily, as wind passes around and through a wind turbine, it produces turbulence that buffets downstream turbines, reducing their power output and increasing wear and tear. Dabiri says that vertical-axis turbines produce a wake that can be beneficial to other turbines, if they’re positioned correctly.

The blades of this type of wind turbine are arranged vertically—like poles on a carousel rather than spokes on a wheel, as with conventional wind turbines. Wind moving around the vertical-axis turbines speeds up, and the vertical arrangement of the blades on downstream wind turbines allows them to effectively catch that wind, speed up, and generate more power.(The spinning blades of a conventional wind turbine would only catch some of this faster wind as they pass through it—this actually hurts the turbine’s performance because it increases stress on the blades.) The arrangement makes it possible to pack more turbines onto a piece of land.
USAprior2008

Palm Coast, FL

#1054150 Jan 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? You still think Obama "handed out free cell phones"? It really is true what they say...there's just no accounting for stupidity. Talk about a small mind and partisan propaganda!!
Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year".

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1054151 Jan 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? You still think Obama "handed out free cell phones"? It really is true what they say...there's just no accounting for stupidity. Talk about a small mind and partisan propaganda!!
I just pointed to the dogshit on your shoes and you begin complaining about my choice of hairstyle. True to form, doodette:)

You are trapped inside of your ignorance and invective.

If the circle is large enough, it becomes nearly impossible to recognize that you are walking in a circle.

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1054152 Jan 4, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I don't live in Arizona.
Arizona is just the beginning.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1054153 Jan 4, 2014
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak of African Americans as if your daughter is currently sucking one dry.
I'm a proud mother of a black in law.
You are a proud motha', alright.
Ray Donovan

Dallas, TX

#1054154 Jan 4, 2014
Gunner who?
ptbw forever

United States

#1054155 Jan 4, 2014
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
You should become a monk. Your dedication to teaching these tea bag imbeciles is patience personified.
They also make beer!!
You apparently don't know a monk is.
Ray Donovan

Dallas, TX

#1054156 Jan 4, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born in 1989, dumbass.
I know old terms because I know a little about everything you can imagine, and I possess a much higher than average vocabulary.
How old would that make you in human years?
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1054157 Jan 4, 2014
dem tea bagging new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
They also make beer!!
nuculur option said you dem are piece of shit...

It's the culture...
ptbw forever

United States

#1054158 Jan 4, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently don't know a monk is.
*what*
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1054159 Jan 4, 2014
dem teabagging Ray Donovan wrote:
Gunner who?
It's the culture..

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1054160 Jan 4, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Helium-3 will be mined from the moon in the next 25 years. The US is falling farther behind every year the clown is in the White House.
There are exoplanets of solid diamond out there. I believe it is one of Saturn's Moons - Titan?- that is covered with liquid hydrocarbons, lakes of petroleum.

Sounds exciting perhaps until you add up the costs of retrieval. It is not economically feasible.

Any values assigned to Lunar materials are highest when only assigned in-situ. The retrieval costs of bringing it back to Earth are either questionable or downright foolish.

Establishing Lunar Colonies using these materials on site makes all the sense in the world ...er....in the Moon.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1054162 Jan 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine if, tomorrow morning, every single household and business inside of a Power Company's service area was "selling" solar or otherwise renewable energy back to the utility. The Power Company' would file for bankruptcy.

....or get a subsidy from the Magic Negro which would then force the entire country to shoulder the burden of "free" renewable energies.

Science has become PC Science which is not Science at all but politics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min OzRitz 54,548
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) 5 hr Princess Hey 22,488
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 7 hr T-REX 502,195
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 7 hr ANGHARAD 19,077
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 11 hr Princess Hey 9,506
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 11 hr Princess Hey 18,258
3 word game (Jan '11) 11 hr Princess Hey 13,652
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages