Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1711142 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1049970 Dec 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i would think a right wing nutjob would be the last to knock prophecy.
Right-wing ‘tea party’ protest in Orlando features signs calling for the impeachment of President Obama.
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2009/03/23/...
March, 2009.
Any public official that violates his oath should be impeached, do you agree?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1049971 Dec 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have never been able to comprehend anything. Go back and re-read my post. It only pertains to those who do NOT carry health insurance. Those responsible adults who find themselves filing bankruptcy based on medical issues despite the fact they have health insurance will still be able to discharge those expenses in bankruptcy.
Responsible is now O'bama supporters who can't pay their bills because of a high deductible? You go old lady...stupid fool. Bankruptcies are going to sky rocket because of O'bamacare and you want to forgive them? ROTFLMAO. Where is your sense of fairness--you can't punish others and not punish even more. Your lobbying efforts are flawed. Aren't you the party of 'fairness'? ROTFLMAO--of course liberals and democrats are NOT.

PS if they were responsible, they would pay their bills.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1049972 Dec 30, 2013
Patriot wrote:
UPDATED! Canary Islands Evacuating! MAGNA RISING Tsunami Threat to U.S. Eastcoast
December 28, 2013
More than 550 earthquakes rattled the island between Monday and Wednesday, also centered on La Restinga. About 30 of the earthquakes were greater than magnitude 3, Involcan said. The earthquakes are triggered by magma rising underground, fracturing rocks and swelling the surface as the hot rock reaches upward.“The earthquake swarm corresponds to a new magmatic intrusion,” Involcan said this morning in a statement.
Today’s preliminary magnitude-5.1 earthquake was on the opposite side of the island from the ongoing swarm.
Concern of a possible Tsunami following a large chunk of a mountain falling into the sea is now forefront. To everyone on the coast lands that might be affected by such a tsnumai, expect the best, prepare for the worst...
http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/12/...
If true this is not good!!!!!!!

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1049973 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should a company be able to socialize losses?
isn't that what the financial markets, investment bankers and money market managers did. They took other people's money, invested in questionable markets (mortgage backed securities) and reaped the benefits. When the securities failed, they had no stake in it. They kept the profits bur socialized the losses
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049974 Dec 30, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Phil's back.
We want Sebelius gone for good. She's dangerous. Way too much power to change your so-called "law of the land" on a whim.
If you are POTUS and your signature legislation is embarrassed by the incompetency of one of your staff- the inability to monitor it's development-; it would help boost confidence by eliminating the source of the problem.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1049975 Dec 30, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
Our moral and intellectual superiors...
"Dem. Rep: Obamacare Enrollment Low Because People Think Law Is Repealed"
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/367203/d...
so are enrollments good or low? These libturds can't seem to make up their minds.
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1049976 Dec 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
scientists have been observing this for the past few years, I read about it a couple of years ago. The effect on climate in the U.S. is that weather storms will be more severe. The cold air comes down into the middle of the U.S. meeting warm moist air coming up from the Gulf of Mexico
Now, one would ask why are these jet streams, which used to circle the polar regions, coming south.
LOSS OF ARCTIC ICE.
As the polar ice cap shrinks, the up flow of cold air that controlled the circular polar jet streams don't have those barriers. As such, the cold polar jet streams dip into the continental U.S.
Global Warming/Climate change also explain why winters in NE U.S. and NW Europe will be more severe. The Gulf Stream which moderates winters in those areas becomes weaker, as the polar waters warm up. The temperature difference between the polar and equatorial waters is what drives the Gulf Stream. As this difference gets smaller, the engine that drives the Gulf weakens.
I find it amusing that people who don't understand science, and global warming point to severe winter weather as proof global warming is a hoax, whereas the truth is global warming actually predicts those effects
Record Ice in Antarctic...

'Antarctic sea ice hit 35-year record high Saturday'
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-w...
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1049977 Dec 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
depends.
interest rate.
Really now.
0 interest.

Can I borrow money to get myself out of debt.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049978 Dec 30, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Willie Robertson's family adopted a brown baby. Must be making proggy heads explode.
Melissa Harris-Perry showed a picture of the Romney family with their new grand-daughter who happens to be black and sang "One of these things is different from the others"

The progressive hate is beginning to implode on itself.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049979 Dec 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
those coaches had contracts, did they not?
With clauses stating they could be terminated at the pleasure of the owner.

Sebelius doesn't have even a contract to fall back on and serves just at the pleasure.
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1049980 Dec 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Your elected representatives did.
If they vote to charge people a debt reduction tax,then you pay it or face the consequences.
But hey, if you aren't an American, then no, the debt is not yours. But I suspect you are just another right whiner refusing to support their country.
Actually I dont believe in theft, do you?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049981 Dec 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Meanwhile a boat of researchers await rescue. Third ice breaker boat will hopefully reach them as the other two had to turn back.
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1049982 Dec 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You attempt to lump SS tax into the same category as general fund taxes?
Is ss tax voluntary or compulsory?
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#1049983 Dec 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want a convo were both of us ignore what the other person has posted and talk past each other, I can do that too.
MSNBC Melissa Harris-Perry takes a strong stand against miscegenation by ridiculing African-American baby-->LeanBackward
i'm not talking past you. tangents relating are not past. over maybe, but not past you.

my thinking hard to follow? seems you folks should be experts on interpreting hard to follow thinking.

getting it yet? pointing out right wing hypocrisy to you folks takes much more than a say so. and why not have some fun in the usually failed effort?

so it boils down to this my not so beloved nutjob.......i think you uber-conservatives are a joke. as in: not to be taken seriously. which btw, puts me in the majority.
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1049984 Dec 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
isn't that what the financial markets, investment bankers and money market managers did. They took other people's money, invested in questionable markets (mortgage backed securities) and reaped the benefits. When the securities failed, they had no stake in it. They kept the profits bur socialized the losses
Yep
The dangers of funny money.
If there was real money this stuff wouldn't happen as much.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1049985 Dec 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
those coaches had contracts, did they not?
Add Tampa Bays coach and GM to the list__pretty sure Detroit's coaching and scouting staff will get another enema.

Looks as though winning by losing ends with politics eh?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1049986 Dec 30, 2013
Our moral and intellectual superiors...
"Dem. Rep: Obamacare Enrollment Low Because People Think Law Is Repealed"
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/367203/d...
kinda true given all the Obama delays and exemptions...

this dog will never hunt...

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1049987 Dec 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Arctic: NORTH POLAR REGION

Antarctic: SOUTH POLAR REGION

Ergo, what happens in the south pole has little direct effect on the Northern Hemisphere.

Arctic ice is at an all time low.

Okay, we all know you are scientifically illiterate, but now it seems you are geographically challenged too.

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1049988 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
The increase in the purchasing and use of drones is expanding the military.
Not to mention dangerous in using them to patrol the us.
What do you mean by "drones expand" the military? It certainly does not expand the number of military personnel. In fact, only 82 percent of the available training positions for remotely piloted aircraft are filled. However, if you merely mean it expands the military's reach, we should all be cheering the fact that unmanned, round-the-clock drones are patrolling Afghanistan, Yemen and North Africa as opposed to U.S. forces. That is a good thing. The safety of our troops comes first.
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1049989 Dec 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
scientists have been observing this for the past few years, I read about it a couple of years ago. The effect on climate in the U.S. is that weather storms will be more severe. The cold air comes down into the middle of the U.S. meeting warm moist air coming up from the Gulf of Mexico
Now, one would ask why are these jet streams, which used to circle the polar regions, coming south.
LOSS OF ARCTIC ICE.
As the polar ice cap shrinks, the up flow of cold air that controlled the circular polar jet streams don't have those barriers. As such, the cold polar jet streams dip into the continental U.S.
Global Warming/Climate change also explain why winters in NE U.S. and NW Europe will be more severe. The Gulf Stream which moderates winters in those areas becomes weaker, as the polar waters warm up. The temperature difference between the polar and equatorial waters is what drives the Gulf Stream. As this difference gets smaller, the engine that drives the Gulf weakens.
I find it amusing that people who don't understand science, and global warming point to severe winter weather as proof global warming is a hoax, whereas the truth is global warming actually predicts those effects
Thats false there is no loss of arctic ice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 34 min Murphey_Law 515,828
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr FART BEEFS 64,487
3 word game (Jan '11) 3 hr So_da_lish_us 14,360
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) 3 hr So_da_lish_us 23,153
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 4 hr So_da_lish_us 13,119
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 5 hr King George 98,669
two words (Jul '10) 6 hr Princess Hey 28,211

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages