Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1048864 Dec 28, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect you are acting like a moron and using this as an excuse for name calling because everyone is capable of using a search engine
That theory first emerged in the spring of 2008, as Clinton supporters circulated an anonymous email questioning Obama’s citizenship.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/535...
One again....provide proof that HILLARY CLINTON ever claimed that Obama was born in Kenya. There are wacko supporters across both sides of the aisle that do not represent the opinion of the candidate they support. Tick Tock.
LCNin

United States

#1048865 Dec 28, 2013
killtaker wrote:
A certain kind of idiot...
'IDIOTS: 81% of Young Democrats Approve of ACA… 68% Approve of Obamacare (It’s the Same Thing)'
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/12/idiot...
47% voted for what-was-his name in 2012
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1048866 Dec 28, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I am having major problems with Google Chrome that has attached itself to the IE browser as I keep getting notices that it has crashed.
Anyone can help me?
Uninstall chrome than download a new copy and install it...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1048867 Dec 28, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is the subject of the post and has been used by other posters previously to your post.....get the picture?
The problem is you're mispronouncing the word.
You can hear me!

"Are you kidding me???"

Level 4

Location hidden

#1048868 Dec 28, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still confused.
Preventive screenings cancel each other out as people of all ages uses this service.
NOT everyone needs maternity care.
You are arguing things that are NOT comparable.
You don't get it do you? Insurance companies cannot afford to tailor their policies to the individual needs of each of their insured. It's not cost effective. Better to have uniform policies that cover a multitude of ailments than a select few. It all works out in the end. You can pay for maternity care while I pay for your prostate and erectile dysfunction treatments.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1048869 Dec 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
One again....provide proof that HILLARY CLINTON ever claimed that Obama was born in Kenya. There are wacko supporters across both sides of the aisle that do not represent the opinion of the candidate they support. Tick Tock.
Already did.

Tick tock -get a new whine.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1048870 Dec 28, 2013
flack wrote:
Have a question? This computer is getting slower for some reason. Any suggestion on why? How do I speed it back up? Leaving but will read any answers later, thanks! I think it has to do with Goggle-chrome but may not.
True story Flack__I clicked on to a link provided by poster Whatever got totally locked up and couldn't get out even after an overnight shutdown.

I'm still using a different rig while the other is being cleansed.

Good luck

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1048871 Dec 28, 2013
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain -- and most fools do."
Benjamin Franklin
"Any fool can roll over and play dead in the face of big government robbing them blind."
carol

If the colonists hadn't criticized, condemned and complained that the King and the British Parliament were robbing them blind, wonder where we'd be today.

But I suppose you didn't criticize, condemn or complain during the Bush years. And he was all about lowering taxes.

We just have to limit spending, cut out the waste and lower taxes all at the same time.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1048872 Dec 28, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
just released....
A Deadly Mix in Benghazi
Months of investigation by The New York Times, centered on extensive interviews with Libyans in Benghazi who had direct knowledge of the attack there and its context, turned up no evidence that Al Qaeda or other international terrorist groups had any role in the assault. The attack was led, instead, by fighters who had benefited directly from NATO’s extensive air power and logistics support during the uprising against Colonel Qaddafi. And contrary to claims by some members of Congress, it was fueled in large part by anger at an American-made video denigrating Islam.
http://www.nytimes.com/projects/2013/benghazi...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgrego...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1048873 Dec 28, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Uninstall chrome than download a new copy and install it...
Any of you grammar police want to correct dumbo here and tell him its then not than?
LCNin

United States

#1048874 Dec 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Any fool can roll over and play dead in the face of big government robbing them blind."
carol
If the colonists hadn't criticized, condemned and complained that the King and the British Parliament were robbing them blind, wonder where we'd be today.
But I suppose you didn't criticize, condemn or complain during the Bush years. And he was all about lowering taxes.
We just have to limit spending, cut out the waste and lower taxes all at the same time.
Complainers change their complaints,
but they never reduce the amount of time spent in complaining.
-
Mason Cooley :-)

Level 4

Location hidden

#1048875 Dec 28, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
no, you're the fckn idiot. Spell prostate...cone on, emoron.
Hypocrite.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#1048876 Dec 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it do you? Insurance companies cannot afford to tailor their policies to the individual needs of each of their insured. It's not cost effective. Better to have uniform policies that cover a multitude of ailments than a select few. It all works out in the end. You can pay for maternity care while I pay for your prostate and erectile dysfunction treatments.
but it is cost effective to tailor gender specific plans. Keep your head in obamas ass, its ok.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#1048877 Dec 28, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>True story Flack__I clicked on to a link provided by poster Whatever got totally locked up and couldn't get out even after an overnight shutdown.
Good luck
"cleansed"...stupid fck. Hahhaha
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1048878 Dec 28, 2013
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
New York Times Investigative Report Utterly Destroys Right Wing Myths About Benghazi Attack
“Fueled in large part by anger at an American-made video denigrating Islam”
The right wing narrative on the attacks against the American diplomatic mission in Benghazi is now well-established. It goes something like this:
The Obama administration lied when they initially said the attack was provoked by an American-made anti-Islam video. Actually, it was a well-planned Al Qaeda terror attack that had absolutely nothing to do with the video.
Today, an in-depth investigative report published by the New York Times explores these issues and concludes that nearly everything about this right wing narrative is wrong: A Deadly Mix in Benghazi.
There are a lot of interesting details in the article, but two points are important to note:
Islamist groups did indeed use that anti-Muslim video as a rallying point to launch the initial attack.
There's no evidence that Al Qaeda or any other international terrorist organization was involved, and no evidence of meticulous planning.
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/42916 ...
Whois: Little Green Footballs

(LGF) is an American political blog run by web designer Charles Johnson.The software for the website was written by Johnson himself in PHP. Until Spring 2007, all data was stored in flat files. The website now uses MySQL.

Since 2007, the site's emphasis has changed to leftwing, such that "LGF has become better known for the various fights it picks with many on the right.

Commentary on political events from a politically left perspective..

Patrick always trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit...

It's the culture....

Level 4

Location hidden

#1048879 Dec 28, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> SSSSSSHHHH!!!! Didn't anybody tell you electric prices aren't going to triple by 2015?
There you go with those unsupported predictions again. Don't you people ever tire of looking like idiots?
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1048880 Dec 28, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>True story Flack__I clicked on to a link provided by poster Whatever got totally locked up and couldn't get out even after an overnight shutdown.
Good luck
You know nothing of or how the internet works you dumbass and your opinions on fixing computers are worthless and illiterate.

It's the culture...

Level 4

Location hidden

#1048881 Dec 28, 2013
flack wrote:
Have a question? This computer is getting slower for some reason. Any suggestion on why? How do I speed it back up? Leaving but will read any answers later, thanks! I think it has to do with Goggle-chrome but may not.
Install a good Ad-blocker.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1048882 Dec 28, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Uninstall chrome than download a new copy and install it...
Thanks

Uninstalled Google Chrome frame, as soon as I try to use Google docs I will need to re-install until then no more notices.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1048883 Dec 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some anonymous Hillary supporters first raised the question of Obama's birthplace as a way to boost her polling numbers. Anonymous usually means someone inside the campaign and it appears that it may have been campaign manager Ken something__I forget and I'm not going to look.

But the birther movement, that continues along to this day was started by right wing scumbags.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 11 min A duck 496,315
Stroll down memory lane... (Jan '09) 15 min Tazo 62,592
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 20 min Murph 71,684
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr ritedownthemiddle 52,857
Montessori Schools (Jul '13) 3 hr Tazo 13
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 11 hr Princess Hey 17,681
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 11 hr Princess Hey 12,425
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 16 hr A duck 18,087
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]