Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1746243 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049850 Dec 30, 2013
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
You mentioned this last night
...still more problems in Russia
The International Olympic Committee president says he has confidence that Russian authorities will deliver a "safe and secure" Games in Sochi.
Thomas Bach wrote to President Vladimir Putin to express condolences for the two deadly attacks that struck Volgograd within 24 hours.
Investigators say the attacks on a railway station and trolleybus, while killed at least 31 people, were linked.
They struck just over a month before the Winter Olympics begin in Sochi.
Volgograd was also targeted in October, when a suspected female suicide bomber killed six people in an attack on a bus.
For most Russians, these attacks came as a huge shock. Despite public assurances that the troubles in the Caucasus were coming under control, clashes between extremists and government troops, and some small-scale attacks, have continued.
More disturbingly, extremism has recently started to flare up further north, in some of Russia's central regions, much closer to Volgograd.
This industrial and transport hub is of huge symbolic importance to most Russians. The attacks there, just weeks before the opening of the Winter Olympics, have created unease across Russia. Many are now asking why the country's powerful security services failed to stop the bombers, accusing them of complacency and unprofessionalism.
The threat to the Games in Sochi may not be so great: there are hundreds of police officers and military personnel deployed around the area. But the fear is that the bombers may strike elsewhere.
The city is in the same broad geographical area as Sochi and the timing of these three attacks suggests they may be inspired by the Games, says the BBC's Moscow correspondent Daniel Sandford.
Russia involvement in
Syria might be one cause?
Peace
I just posted a link to RT-Russian Times-describing Russia's efforts to counteract this terrorist threat.
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1049851 Dec 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
"Unprecedented masses"!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
FOX had to use fake photos to inflate the crowds.
But there were more walkers and canes than in any other demonstration.
Do some homework...

'Russian ships displayed at DNC tribute to vets'

http://www.navytimes.com/article/20120911/NEW...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1049852 Dec 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
"Unprecedented masses"!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
FOX had to use fake photos to inflate the crowds.
But there were more walkers and canes than in any other demonstration.
Nuc can fake his smiles and laughter, but can never fake his paranoia and teabagger stupid..

It's the culture...

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1049853 Dec 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Obama depression"? The one started 14 months before Obama took office, that one? The one started in Bush's 7th year in office?
My God you people are pathetic.
"real dumb"
Congratulations!!!!! 2 posts, back to back with no profanity.
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1049854 Dec 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Think both sides can safely take the blame for that. Who essentially forced banks to give out mortgage loans to unqualified buyers?
A. George Washington?
B. James Garfield?
C. William Clinton?
You're lying again, Lorac..........

Bush drive for home ownership fueled housing bubble

""As early as 2006, top advisers to Bush dismissed warnings from people inside and outside the White House that housing prices were inflated and that a foreclosure crisis was looming. And when the economy deteriorated, Bush and his team misdiagnosed the reasons and scope of the downturn. As recently as February, for example, Bush was still calling it a "rough patch."

The result was a series of piecemeal policy prescriptions that lagged behind the escalating crisis.

"There is no question we did not recognize the severity of the problems," said Al Hubbard, Bush's former chief economic adviser, who left the White House in December 2007. "Had we, we would have attacked them."

Looking back, Keith Hennessey, Bush's current chief economic adviser, said he and his colleagues had done the best they could "with the information we had at the time." But Hennessey did say he regretted that the administration had not paid more heed to the dangers of easy lending practices.

And both Paulson and his predecessor, John Snow, say the housing push went too far.

"The Bush administration took a lot of pride that home ownership had reached historic highs," Snow said during an interview. "But what we forgot in the process was that it has to be done in the context of people being able to afford their house. We now realize there was a high cost."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo...

----------
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1049855 Dec 30, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxes...heheheheheeh!
Look at who is dodging taxes!!!
"Former Fugees vocalist Lauryn Hill is the latest in a long string of musicians who've had to face the music (no pun intended) from the taxman. Hill has been sentenced to spend three months in federal prison for tax evasion despite having paid the nearly $1 million owed to the I.R.S. before she was actually sentenced. The 37 year-old Hill pled guilty last year to three counts of evading taxes and failing to file returns on $1.8 million earned between 2005 and 2007."
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/05/08/laury...
Hmmm...our racist Attorney General Holder didn't step in to save Hill? She must prefer to hang out with whitey.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049856 Dec 30, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Leftist sex offender teabaggers like nuc use their gay insults, misogynist hate on women, yet becomes outraged if someone doesn't support him sucking dick...
It's the culture...
Everyone knows he is a hateful misogynist. Maybe some left over Mommy issues.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049857 Dec 30, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Congratulations!!!!!! A post without a profanity.
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year
Well hey!!! Maybe this will start a new trend were people will actually use adjectives rather than profanity.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1049858 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me I didn't borrow any money why should I be forced by threat of confinement to pay for something that I didn't take?
Your elected representatives did.

If they vote to charge people a debt reduction tax,then you pay it or face the consequences.

But hey, if you aren't an American, then no, the debt is not yours. But I suspect you are just another right whiner refusing to support their country.

Location hidden

#1049859 Dec 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So I see you fricken morons are still using the deaths of 4 Americans to try to make up a scandal for political gain,.
You right whiners have no limit to how pathetic you people are.
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
I do have a question for you. Is it possible for you to offer a single post that does not contain a profanity?
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year
You're lying again, you senile old fool!!

Here's the post. Show us the profanity.

Or admit you're a liar. Something most everyone already knows.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1049860 Dec 30, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"John Galt"
I must disagree. The muslim terrorists, murderers, do not require an excuse. Killing innocents, women and children is what they do.
Peace
Happy New Year
sarcasm, Eed....
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049861 Dec 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>How much time do reckon the crazy btch spends finding all the nonsense and then bringing it here where only a few people read it?
Yeah, horrible to use facts....real bad. Myths and rumors is to be preferred?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1049862 Dec 30, 2013
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
You mentioned this last night
...still more problems in Russia
The International Olympic Committee president says he has confidence that Russian authorities will deliver a "safe and secure" Games in Sochi.
Thomas Bach wrote to President Vladimir Putin to express condolences for the two deadly attacks that struck Volgograd within 24 hours.
Investigators say the attacks on a railway station and trolleybus, while killed at least 31 people, were linked.
They struck just over a month before the Winter Olympics begin in Sochi.
Volgograd was also targeted in October, when a suspected female suicide bomber killed six people in an attack on a bus.
For most Russians, these attacks came as a huge shock. Despite public assurances that the troubles in the Caucasus were coming under control, clashes between extremists and government troops, and some small-scale attacks, have continued.
More disturbingly, extremism has recently started to flare up further north, in some of Russia's central regions, much closer to Volgograd.
This industrial and transport hub is of huge symbolic importance to most Russians. The attacks there, just weeks before the opening of the Winter Olympics, have created unease across Russia. Many are now asking why the country's powerful security services failed to stop the bombers, accusing them of complacency and unprofessionalism.
The threat to the Games in Sochi may not be so great: there are hundreds of police officers and military personnel deployed around the area. But the fear is that the bombers may strike elsewhere.
The city is in the same broad geographical area as Sochi and the timing of these three attacks suggests they may be inspired by the Games, says the BBC's Moscow correspondent Daniel Sandford.
Russia involvement in
Syria might be one cause?
Peace
Same broad geographical area, Hah. It's an interesting story for sure and could lead to a real blood bath against those who are plotting these attacks.

The Olympic site at Sochi is located approx 600 miles and 14 hrs from Volograd, an industrial town with over one million residents.
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1049863 Dec 30, 2013
Our moral and intellectual superiors...

"Dem. Rep: Obamacare Enrollment Low Because People Think Law Is Repealed"

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/367203/d...

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1049864 Dec 30, 2013
Study on inequality conducted by Ilyana Kuziemko, associate professor of finance and economics at Columbia Business School, and Stefanie Stantcheva, doctoral candidate in economics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Published in the New York Times:

Results: Americans are deeply troubled about the current level of income inequality. However, despite this concern, they are very skeptical that government can be trusted to do much about it.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/...

Just one study but a thorough one.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049865 Dec 30, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
The Univ of Oklahoma has a nice Art museum....
they have a Van Gogh...
https://www.ou.edu/content/fjjma/experience/c...
Who says okies don't have'em some culture...
...and I am a graduate of this fine University too...!!!!!
Congrats!!

Location hidden

#1049867 Dec 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I just posted a link to RT-Russian Times-describing Russia's efforts to counteract this terrorist threat.
""Ohh, ohh, look at me!! I just posted a link to RT-Russian Times-""

You want a medal or a chest to pin it to??

Your incessant whining for attention is getting old, BetsyWetsy.

Your buddy Emaam isn't here to Teabag you this morning!! LOL

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1049868 Dec 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an investor. No mogul, but one who knows the stock market is the route to financial security. I know a lot about investing.
You're a fraud, as I proved so easily last evening.
It makes you angry that the stock markets are doing so well with Obama in charge.
That's delightful. I'll make money, you can whine about Obama!!
"nutsucker"
You did and do prove there is a fraud on this thread every time you post. The fraud is you and your mixture of lies, BS, propaganda and hypocrisy.
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#1049869 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Serious question
Can I borrow money to get myself out of debt?
depends.

interest rate.

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1049870 Dec 30, 2013
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
President George W Bush is not running for a third term either.
Yeah, but didn't you at least find Gallup's results interesting in that Bush's dark green line was well above Obama's light green line during the same amount of days in office? And that it only got tangled up a bit right at the end but Bush still came out ahead?

Thought that was pretty interesting myself. Considering that everyone seems to think Bush was scraping the bottom of the approval rating barrel his entire presidency.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 12 min ANGHARAD 517,087
One Word (Jul '10) 1 hr So_da_lish_us 2,618
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 1 hr So_da_lish_us 13,203
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) 1 hr So_da_lish_us 23,190
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 3 hr ANGHARAD 74,082
RIPOFF: Christians In Action Trade Show is Canc... 13 hr WAUGH the TAIL 4
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 20 hr lisa 98,711

Orlando Jobs

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages