Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1782567 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1049612 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that someone should be forced to buy a good or service with a gun pointed at them?
Yes if that person is going to demand that service (health care) when they need it at my expense.
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1049613 Dec 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Anecdotal bullsht is more like it.
Plenty of fuzzy math in that lengthy essay.
Anecdotes are 'real'...doophus...

an·ec·dote
&#712;anik&#716;d& #333;t

noun: anecdote; plural noun: anecdotes

a short and amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person

https://www.google.com/search...

Location hidden

#1049614 Dec 30, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>"less fortunate"?? Obviously a liberal...
It's the culture....
Making light of the situation of the "less fortunate"?? Obviously a conservative...

Its their culture.....

Location hidden

#1049615 Dec 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You are a libtard so I understand that you can't comprehend what you read!
There's nothing to comprehend in the spam you've cut and pasted here. You've proven nothing except you are incapable of original thought.
Abolish The Fed

Baltimore, MD

#1049616 Dec 30, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, if he took that money from the "less fortunate".
So you believe in theft.
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1049617 Dec 30, 2013
Go Green part 1

28 percent!!!!

'Chevrolet Spark EV. The little electric is projected to be worth 28% of its $28,305 list price in five years, while a comparable conventional version of the same car will retain 40% of its value'

http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.ca/2013/12/anal...
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1049618 Dec 30, 2013
Go green pt II

20 percent baby!!!!

'•Ford Focus Electric. The compact will be worth 20% of its initial $35,995 list price, while a well-outfitted conventional Focus Titanium with an automatic transmission will still command 36%'

Abolish The Fed

Baltimore, MD

#1049619 Dec 30, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes if that person is going to demand that service (health care) when they need it at my expense.
So you were never taught as a child that theft was bad?
Have you ever been to prison?
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1049620 Dec 30, 2013
Go Green part III

15!!!!!!!

'Nissan Leaf. Even the best-selling pure electric car is projected at having a residual value of 15% for the 2013 model. A similar Nissan Sentra SL compact would retain 36%.'

Abolish The Fed

Baltimore, MD

#1049621 Dec 30, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Making light of the situation of the "less fortunate"?? Obviously a conservative...
Its their culture.....
I suppose you think that the less fortunate mostly just have bad luck?
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1049622 Dec 30, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Its their culture.....
If you were to change you loser ways, move up into the real world, you would not be forever lost, crying, chained whining about your failed and bad choices you have made living your hopeless and meaningless life forever a minimum wage dumbass you idiot.....

Emeem forever enslaved to this ignorance and bad choices, trying to cheat life, made living his failed lifestyle...

It's the cullure...
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1049623 Dec 30, 2013
Women are finally making their mark on society...

'Suicide bombing kills at least 17 in Russia's Volgograd (VIDEO)'

http://rt.com/news/volgograd-blast-victims-ru...
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1049624 Dec 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
How about we do start with this president's idea of a "jobs bill".
The AJA’s only certain effect is to make everything worse than it already is by asking Congress to tighten the stranglehold that government regulation has already placed on the economy.
What is so striking about Obama’s shopworn rhetoric is its juvenile intellectual quality.
(I particularly liked that description of Obama's rhetoric.)
As in so many other cases, the president thinks that waving a wand over a problem will make his most ardent wishes come true, even when similar earlier efforts have proved to be dismal failures.
http://www.hoover.org/publications/defining-i...
In other words, it's just another of Obama's mishmash of taxes, subsidies, and regulations. Because he doesn't know what he's doing - or how to do it..
Republicans are standing between his incompetency and us. You should be thanking them.
You and the conservative Hoover Institute are both full of crap Carol. The Hoover Institute is aptly named for the president along with a Republican controlled Congress were in charge when the country plunged into the Great Depression.
Let's see what your state of Florida lost because the GOP blocked the legislation;
410,000 companies in your state would have gotten a payroll tax cut on the first $5 million in wages.
$1,578,600,000for infrastructure repairs and improvement that would support a minimum of 20,500 local jobs.
$1,669,500,000 in funds to Florida to support up to 25,900 educator jobs.

$1,280,300,000 in funding for school infrastructure that would support as many as 16,600 jobs.

$2,701,800,000 to revitalize and refurbish local communities, in addition to funds that would be available through a competitive application.

$288,400,000 in funding for its community colleges.

Pathways Back to Work would have placed 8,800 adults and 35,600 youths in jobs in Florida.

There's nothing about increased regulation which at any case isn't the thing strangling the economy, it's the GOP's austerity policies and refusal to invest in infrastructure and education. No one in the history of civilization has ever cut their way to prosperity.
The only one here with a juvenile intellectual quality is you.

Location hidden

#1049625 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe in theft.
America's resources belong to us all. Taking back what is yours is not theft. The greedy wealthy better learn to share some of the cake.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1049626 Dec 30, 2013
flack wrote:
Cathy Smith, who’d hoped she’d qualify for a subsidy and made just a little too much money, had tears in her eyes. "You don't make that much money to begin with,” she said,“and the prescriptions are going to kill me."
Insurance broker Michael Harp said small businesses, part of what’s known in the industry as the “small group market,” are used to seeing health insurance premiums climb about 10 percent a year, but it’s never before been this dramatic. For Extreme Dodge to have kept deductibles and out-of-pocket costs at last year’s levels, he said, would have cost the dealership almost 50 percent more than last year.
Harp says what is happening at this dealership is representative of the other small businesses he deals with. Businesses with 50 or fewer employees currently provide health insurance to about 17 million U.S. workers, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
He said the biggest surprise to him in how the law impacts small business clients is “how many people are losers versus winners.… There are some people who do come out ahead, but I would say the overwhelming majority, they’re paying much higher rates and they have lower benefits.”
Some small businesses have been able to extend their current policies and delay the deadline for complying with the new law until sometime next year.
The Obama administration disputes the notion that the ACA puts small businesses at a disadvantage or forces them to shed health insurance. It cites a program created by the law – the Small Business Health Options Program or SHOP -- that enables businesses with fewer than 50 full-time equivalent employees to shop for group health plans and notes that many small businesses can qualify for tax credits to help pay for employee premiums.
Beyond higher out-of-pocket costs, some workers at the dealership face higher premiums. Premiums vary because of age and family size. Some end up paying slightly less or about the same for premiums. But older workers with families pay significantly more.
Among the hardest hit is Campbell, a salesman with a wife and three young children, all of whom are active in athletics. The premium payments currently deducted weekly from his paycheck will increase $77, to a total of $221 per week.“That’s a huge part of the budget,” he said.“We feel betrayed, lied to, and we're pissed off.”
Four younger workers opted not to sign up for any health insurance at all, according to a company official.
Lutz, the dealership owner, said he believes that his company is maintaining its commitment to provide health care to its workers through the $2,400 stipend.
“I think everybody should have health care, so as a company, we’ve always provided (it),” he said.“Going forward, I still want to do that. It’s just the format’s different.”
Added General Manager Marc Trudell,“The important part is to take care of the people that need it the most, and by doing it this way, I think it's what we're able to accomplish.”
But Steve Williams, a service adviser with a daughter who’s active in sports, said the switch feels like the end of an era to him.
“The days of low deductibles and all that stuff are gone,” he said.“It’s not going to get any better. It ‘s just going to get worse.”
What a crock of sh*t.

An employer decides to f*ck his employees & its the ACA'a fault.

Either the insurance offered previously was really crap, the insurance company they have is trying to screw them, or these people are liars.

I have been on the exchanges, studied the policies offered in both the individual & "Shop" portions as well have received offers both personally & for my business from private insurers.

You people are just plain full of sh*t.
LCNin

United States

#1049627 Dec 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
For anyone who may be interested Volgograd is former Stalingrad
Second bombing today
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#1049628 Dec 30, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Anecdotes are 'real'...doophus...
an·ec·dote
&#712;anik&#716;d& #333;t
noun: anecdote; plural noun: anecdotes
a short and amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person
https://www.google.com/search...
like a fake story in a right wing chain email?

and i've been wondering how many email addresses each of you nutjobs has to have to make it look like 1.8 million people 'liked' Phil Robertson.
Abolish The Fed

Baltimore, MD

#1049629 Dec 30, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>If you were to change you loser ways, move up into the real world, you would not be forever lost, crying, chained whining about your failed and bad choices you have made living your hopeless and meaningless life forever a minimum wage dumbass you idiot.....
Emeem forever enslaved to this ignorance and bad choices, trying to cheat life, made living his failed lifestyle...
It's the cullure...
True self sufficiency is key but don't you think that government policies encourage dependence on government?
Don't you also agree that government stifles competition in many market sectors?
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1049631 Dec 30, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing to comprehend in the spam you've cut and pasted here. You've proven nothing except you are incapable of original thought.
sonicfilter??

It's the culture...

Location hidden

#1049632 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you think that the less fortunate mostly just have bad luck?
If you've never been in a situation where you couldn't find a job then you wouldn't understand. Being out of work and having a family to support is a horrendous experience. I've been there and was "lucky" enough to recover and now I'm doing great. I concede there are abusers, you don't concede there are good people that need help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 8 hr Murphey_Law 519,158
News Student arrested for refusing to leave 'die-in' 9 hr javawhey 67
Pineapple Willy's boycott in Panama City Beach, FL 10 hr Important Update 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 hr GassyHillaree 64,843
Any single rich old widowed lady’s out there lo... 13 hr Doug 1
News 'This is not what our citizens expect,' mayor s... 18 hr Tom 1
Criminals Work For Walt Disney Co. (Sep '11) Wed IsisInDC 73

Orlando Jobs

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages