Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1761282 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1042562 Dec 15, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Without Palin McCain might have been elected.
2008 and 2012 President Obama was elected and reelected.
2009 to 2013 you have had one long whine :-)
lol! They couldn't cooperate even between them!

That's how the typical reich wing works!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1042563 Dec 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans only control 1/3 of the power on Capital Hill. Wait until they win back the Senate and Harry Reid is no longer the "Senator of No"...before you start complaining.
The ball has been in your side's court for five years - seven if you count the last two years of the Bush administration.
Republicans are just itching to get a turn at bat. Hopefully, their turn is coming. Then we'll see what they have to offer. The Senate and the Executive Branch don't care what they have to offer and aren't listening to them anyway.
Right.

And in 2008, they were the ones with 2/3rds.

Again, the reich wing offers nothing....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1042564 Dec 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
“Obama jumped the gun in response to the first part of the oath, and Roberts became flustered – that’s what happened.”
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/10/08/jef...
We all were flustered. Just watching Obama being sworn into office.
Yup! I can believer you were all flustered!

"...On January 20, 2009, Roberts, who was reciting the oath from memory rather than using the customary card, uttered the word "faithfully" out of sequence.

The Constitution requires the president to say, "I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.".."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/18/us-...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1042565 Dec 15, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Compared to Obama? Obama was Senator for about three minutes when he decided to run for president. Obama certainly didn't complete his tour as Senator, and he didn't have thousands of liberals following him around trying bring frivolous lawsuits.
Let's see....

Obama was senator, then moved to a higher position....

Palin quit because she couldn't stand the heat of being governor of a state of 600,000 because of her back office dealings that came to light.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1042566 Dec 15, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...Biden? Sweet?
Well, sure...if you can ignore his documented racism or the incredibly ignorant statements he's made over the years.
lol! Wham! And the reich wing plays the race card again!

sop!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1042567 Dec 15, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in Arizona and cant stand McCan, but he's way better than you (or any other leftist phag).
But then again, EVERYBODY'S better than you dong.......:-)
lol! And McCain can't stand yellow tailed wolfies son!
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1042568 Dec 15, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
LOL put your Tea down and sober up then research. Here one example of a difference by world renown statisticians.
http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali... .
You want folks to research the New Economics Institute, eh? LOL
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1042569 Dec 15, 2013
Biden's DOCUMENTED Racism - No Race Card Required

1. Joey B. says “you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”

Well, you ARE the joke, Joey B.!

2. Joey B. decides to try out his Indian accent on the campaign trail in 2012. In a speech criticizing Mitt Romney for outsourcing, Biden donned an Indian accent to mock the notion of Indians trying to speak English.

“How many times you get the call,‘I like to talk to you about your … credit card,” he said. Then abandoning the mock accent said; “It’s a little over done.”

Uh, yeah, just a bit there Joey B.

3. According to Joey B., Barack Obama is the “first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”

The FIRST one, eh Joey B.? LMAO!

Does this twit even have the mental capacity to be a manager at McDonald's?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1042570 Dec 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're wrong. Michigan is the 9th state to pass legislation requiring public and private insurance plans to separate out abortion coverage.
Republican State Rep. Nancy Jenkins defended the bill. "I don’t think elective abortion should be a part of insurance," she said. "This doesn’t affect access to abortion. It will still be legal when this law takes effect. Who should be required to pay? Not Michigan taxpayers."
If a woman is raped, she can get the proper care at any hospital including prevention of pregnancy.
Women who choose an elective abortion should pay for it herself. Taking birth control is an easy way to prevent unwanted pregnancies. And it's free now. No excuses.
why waste time passing meaningless legislation that conflicts with federal law???...

spend the time instead gaining the power to repeal ObamaKKKare....

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1042571 Dec 15, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Right.
And in 2008, they were the ones with 2/3rds.
Again, the reich wing offers nothing....
In 2008, the Democrats controlled both the Senate and the House.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1042573 Dec 15, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
Inequality has demonstrated its destructive effects to our democracy through out history.
without inequality, there is no motivation to work, to succeed, to excel...

equality in poverty is the result.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1042574 Dec 15, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
I guess Snowden has Obama over the proverbial barrel. Seems his box of secrets are more sensitive than we've been led to believe. Looks like another liberal a**hole has made his mark on America. I get the sense all these whacked-out Obama voters think Obama isn't moving fast enough. They're taking matters into their own hands.
it will be interesting to see the spin if Obama is forced to grant amnesty to Snowden....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1042575 Dec 15, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain's chances were zero with or without Palin..
Palin provided temporary life support to a dead campaign, until trashed by the media and jealous McCain staffers....

McCain drove the final nail into the coffin of his campaign when he suspended the campaign to vote for the bank bailout....

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1042576 Dec 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
why waste time passing meaningless legislation that conflicts with federal law???...
spend the time instead gaining the power to repeal ObamaKKKare....
It's still the law. Nine states passed legislation that separates elective abortion from being covered by taxpayers of that state.

Nothing is going to happen with ObamaCare until after November 2016. Even if Republicans take back the Senate next year, Obama will veto every effort to repeal it. It can be done even so, but it would be a long process - unless it collapses under its own dead next year.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1042577 Dec 15, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
Biden's DOCUMENTED Racism - No Race Card Required
1. Joey B. says “you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”
Well, you ARE the joke, Joey B.!
2. Joey B. decides to try out his Indian accent on the campaign trail in 2012. In a speech criticizing Mitt Romney for outsourcing, Biden donned an Indian accent to mock the notion of Indians trying to speak English.
“How many times you get the call,‘I like to talk to you about your … credit card,” he said. Then abandoning the mock accent said; “It’s a little over done.”
Uh, yeah, just a bit there Joey B.
3. According to Joey B., Barack Obama is the “first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”
The FIRST one, eh Joey B.? LMAO!
Does this twit even have the mental capacity to be a manager at McDonald's?
You forgot one. When he promised everyone that Obama does, indeed, have a big stick.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1042578 Dec 15, 2013
Those of you on the left know the next two weeks is just a lull before the next shoe drops, right?

Employers will start dropping employer-based insurance after January 1, 2014.

The last shoe that dropped with privately insured cancellations will seem like a baby shoe in comparison.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1042579 Dec 15, 2013
It’s official — the government of the United States of Obama consists of boobs and bores and is led by a narcissist. It is no consolation that Great Britain joins us in racing to the bottom.

President Obama’s flirting with Denmark’s prime minister would be shameful on any occasion. That it happened at the memorial for Nelson Mandela only adds to the embarrassment.

But the “selfie” episode also symbolizes the greater global calamity of Western decline. With British prime minister David Cameron playing the role of Obama’s giggling wingman, the “look at me” moment confirms we have unserious leaders in a dangerously serious time.

Iran marches toward nuclear weapons and already there is talk in military circles that a nuclear-armed Iran could mean mushroom clouds in the Mideast within five years.

China is flexing its muscles throughout Asia, its ships brazenly confronting ours on the high seas. Russia is expanding its writ in the Arab lands and in Eastern Europe while making casual threats about bombing America. Syria’s Assad uses chemical weapons and Obama and Cameron rattle little sabers before meekly agreeing to become his partner.

The sign-language interpreter wasn’t the only fake at the Mandela funeral. Obama and Cameron were posing as world leaders.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1042580 Dec 15, 2013
...collapse under its own dead "weight", meant to say...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1042581 Dec 15, 2013
BOB WOODWARD: I think this budget deal worked, quite frankly - let's go right to the center of this - because Obama was not part of the negotiations. He is not a good negotiator. And I agree with Bill. I think Paul Ryan comes off as somebody who no one, even Bill is not going to say Ryan is a conservative. He is a conservative, but the philosophy that he employed here is very significant: sitting down with the Democrats and saying what is our common ground? What can we agree on?

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1042582 Dec 15, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Yup! I can believer you were all flustered!
"...On January 20, 2009, Roberts, who was reciting the oath from memory rather than using the customary card, uttered the word "faithfully" out of sequence.
The Constitution requires the president to say, "I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.".."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/18/us-...
Doesn't matter. It was a bad omen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 17 min fortmyersf 518,098
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 2 hr Murph 74,161
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 9 hr Ginger Rosie 13,220
News Leader of Orlando-area motorcycle club assaulte... (Nov '07) 10 hr Conway Twitter 772
News Unemployment benefits in Florida: Questions and... (Feb '09) 11 hr Shavon808 451
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) 21 hr lisa 25,659
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 22 hr lisa 98,732

Orlando Jobs

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages