Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1029746 Nov 24, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
and some conservative states don't believe in individual sovereign rights.
they believe that states can tell its citizens what medical procedures they can or cannot have rather than their doctor
they believe the state can dictate medical decisions for a spouse rather than the family doctor and the spouse
they believe the state can dictate personal religious decisions concerning religious rites rather than the people involved.
Good to know you think it's wrong for a handful of political bureaucrats to control the health care decisions of citizens.
LCNLin

United States

#1029747 Nov 24, 2013
A relative by marriage of the Kennedy family convicted in the 1975 beating death of a teenage neighbour has walked free on bail as he awaits a new trial.

Michael Skakel, whose aunt Ethel was the widow of Robert Kennedy, was found guilty in 2002 of killing Martha Moxley, 15, with a golf club.

Mr Skakel, 53, has served 11 years in prison in the US state of Connecticut but has maintained his innocence.

Last month a judge found his lawyer had failed to represent him adequately.

Prosecutors are appealing the ruling granting him a new trial.

The judge ordered that Mr Skakel remain in Connecticut and wear a tracking device.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1029748 Nov 24, 2013
flack wrote:
LOS ANGELES Ė The Auto Show is under way in Los Angeles, an annual showcase for all the newest ways technology is influencing car design. What not too long ago seemed like extravagant, luxury options may soon be showing up on dashboards as standard features. The car of the future could be just a few short years away.
It's a major theme at this year's L.A. Auto Show: cars with brains.
"Now with the E and the S class we have a car that can actually steer itself," said Bart Herring of Mercedes Benz.
Mercedes uses radar, sonar and infrared sensors along with two video cameras to help the vehicle "see" the road ahead, enabling the car to react much more quickly than the driver. A commercial says, "It can stop itself if it has to!"
But collision-avoidance technology, once confined to luxury cars, is going mainstream.
Subaru's Dominick Infante says its new system may soon be standard equipment in the United States. He says the technology has been common in Japan for almost a decade. If the driver doesn't hit the brakes on time, the system will do it.
"It's an unusual feeling as it takes over, but I'll tell you, as long as you have faith in it, it will stop the car," Infante said.
This year, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety added something new to its crash tests: a category called crash avoidance. In a test conducted at 25 mph, Subaru got top marks.
Auto Tech journalist Doug Newcomb says that with so many distractions on the road, "drivers become complacent."
"And that's the whole idea behind the technology is to look out for them when they're not paying attention," he said.
The technology is not intended to completely take over for the driver, but it can take some of the load off.
Mercedes has a model that can halt and start itself in stop-and-go traffic.
"That's really one more step to the ability to have autonomous driving," Herring said.
A spage-age dream may soon be a reality.
"We're a lot closer to cards driving themselves than a lot of people imagine," said Newcomb.
© 2013 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Flying cars not that far away.

I wonder how far a battery powered aerocar would go between charges. Hope they have impressive glide characteristics.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1029749 Nov 24, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yep! But I can't have salt or to much soda or have a gun or eat trans fat etc...
And heaven forbid that you are a smoker. You are not allowed to smoke in a bar, or outside in a park, or even in the business that I built and maintain. Now there is even a town where you can't smoke in your own home-with more to follow suit I'm sure.( http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2013/11/21/smo... )
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1029750 Nov 24, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>Of course. That and we can make the choice to sever the spinal cords and suck out the brains of 50 million babies in utero, but it is inhumane to economically deport 20 million illegal alien entitlement suckers.
That is perfect logic in Lib Land.
Supporting the death penalty for rapists and murders is also considered cruel and unusual punishment.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1029751 Nov 24, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to know you think it's wrong for a handful of political bureaucrats to control the health care decisions of citizens.
In a lib mind that only pertains to abortion, it's ok to dictate any other healthcare.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1029753 Nov 24, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how far a battery powered aerocar would go between charges. Hope they have impressive glide characteristics.
They will be hydrogen fuel cell powered.

Time for some football!

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1029754 Nov 24, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
And heaven forbid that you are a smoker. You are not allowed to smoke in a bar, or outside in a park, or even in the business that I built and maintain. Now there is even a town where you can't smoke in your own home-with more to follow suit I'm sure.( http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2013/11/21/smo... )
From your article: Steve Stanek, a research fellow at the Chicago-based Heartland Institute, which he calls a free market-oriented public policy group, views the San Rafael ban as part of a wider trend: a proliferation of rules of all kinds.

"I don't like cigarettes, and I've never taken a puff," he said. "My sympathies aren't with smokers because I am one, it's because of the huge growth in laws and punishments and government restricting people more and more." Illinois' criminal code was 72 pages long in 1965, he said; today it's more than 1,300 pages long. "The encroachment of government is astonishing," he said.

A look around the U.S. finds towns and cities busily regulating anything and everything:

Plastic bags will be banned in Los Angeles after the first of the year. They're already banned in several other California cities, including Long Beach and San Jose.

Austin, Texas, bans both plastic and paper bags from grocery stores.

San Francisco tried to ban fast-food meals that came with toys.

Forest Park, Ga., in 2011 made it illegal to breastfeed in public a child older than 2. After public protest, the ban was lifted.

Cocoa, Fla., makes it illegal to wear baggy pants on city streets.

Palo Alto, Calif., makes it illegal to live in your car.

And under Section 63-19-2430 of the South Carolina code, it's illegal for a minor under the age of 18 to play a pinball machine.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1029755 Nov 24, 2013
Summary of why the Obama/Iran deal means nothing

To build a NUCLEAR weapon you need enriched uranium and plutonium reactors.

To produce civilian nuclear energy you DON'T need enriched uranium and plutonium reactors.

Level 1

Bozeman, MT

#1029756 Nov 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, like a peace deal with a madman hell bent on destruction have always been worked.
Obama, as we all know, is grateful to get the public and media talking about ANYTHING that's not about Obamacare - excuse me - the ACA.(Forgot Obamacare was again a banned term)

"France called it a ďsuckerís deal.Ē France was being charitable."

According to critics of the deal, "the ONLY reason Iran has come to the table after a decade of contemptuous stonewalling is that economic sanctions have cut so deeply ó its currency has collapsed, inflation is rampant ó that the regime fears a threat to its very survival."

Obama Bails Out the Mullahs

"Donít worry, we are assured. This is only aninterim six-month agreement to 'build confidence' until we reach a final one. But this makes no sense. If at this point ofmaximum economic pressure we canít get Iran to accept a final deal that shuts down its nuclear program, how in Godís name do we expect to get such a deal when we have radically reduced that pressure?"

"A bizarre negotiating tactic. And the content of the deal is even worse. Itís a rescue package for the mullahs."
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1029757 Nov 24, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> From your article: Steve Stanek, a research fellow at the Chicago-based Heartland Institute, which he calls a free market-oriented public policy group, views the San Rafael ban as part of a wider trend: a proliferation of rules of all kinds.
"I don't like cigarettes, and I've never taken a puff," he said. "My sympathies aren't with smokers because I am one, it's because of the huge growth in laws and punishments and government restricting people more and more." Illinois' criminal code was 72 pages long in 1965, he said; today it's more than 1,300 pages long. "The encroachment of government is astonishing," he said.
A look around the U.S. finds towns and cities busily regulating anything and everything:
Plastic bags will be banned in Los Angeles after the first of the year. They're already banned in several other California cities, including Long Beach and San Jose.
Austin, Texas, bans both plastic and paper bags from grocery stores.
San Francisco tried to ban fast-food meals that came with toys.
Forest Park, Ga., in 2011 made it illegal to breastfeed in public a child older than 2. After public protest, the ban was lifted.
Cocoa, Fla., makes it illegal to wear baggy pants on city streets.
Palo Alto, Calif., makes it illegal to live in your car.
And under Section 63-19-2430 of the South Carolina code, it's illegal for a minor under the age of 18 to play a pinball machine.
"And under Section 63-19-2430 of the South Carolina code, it's illegal for a minor under the age of 18 to play a pinball machine."

But that same 18 year old can get an abortion without parental consent.
Level 1

Bozeman, MT

#1029758 Nov 24, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
In a lib mind that only pertains to abortion, it's ok to dictate any other healthcare.
Progressive logic - poison a 25 week old baby then suck its brains out, but don't you dare choose the doctor you want to commit that murder.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1029759 Nov 24, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hah, www.aeromobil.com does it real matter?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1029760 Nov 24, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
and some conservative states don't believe in individual sovereign rights.
they believe that states can tell its citizens what medical procedures they can or cannot have rather than their doctor
they believe the state can dictate medical decisions for a spouse rather than the family doctor and the spouse
they believe the state can dictate personal religious decisions concerning religious rites rather than the people involved.
Individual sovereign rights? Really? First time I heard a state right being translated as belonging to the individual.

Really? Missy, you are ranting about abortion. Why do you try to pretend that other medical decisions is included in it?

SCOTUS has determined that it not a violation of individual rights -not the sovereign rights of the individual -to set limits on when abortions may occur.

Basically it is an attempt to balance the rights of two individuals -the woman and the viable infant.

"they believe the state can dictate personal religious decisions concerning religious rites rather than the people involved" -what the hell are you talking about here?

All butt hurt that the courts won't censor religious expressions?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1029761 Nov 24, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama, as we all know, is grateful to get the public and media talking about ANYTHING that's not about Obamacare - excuse me - the ACA.(Forgot Obamacare was again a banned term)
"France called it a ďsuckerís deal.Ē France was being charitable."
According to critics of the deal, "the ONLY reason Iran has come to the table after a decade of contemptuous stonewalling is that economic sanctions have cut so deeply ó its currency has collapsed, inflation is rampant ó that the regime fears a threat to its very survival."
Obama Bails Out the Mullahs
"Donít worry, we are assured. This is only aninterim six-month agreement to 'build confidence' until we reach a final one. But this makes no sense. If at this point ofmaximum economic pressure we canít get Iran to accept a final deal that shuts down its nuclear program, how in Godís name do we expect to get such a deal when we have radically reduced that pressure?"
"A bizarre negotiating tactic. And the content of the deal is even worse. Itís a rescue package for the mullahs."
Doesn't this just compound the Obama's incompetency image.

They are correct that the only ones who benefits from this is Iran.
Underage Pinball Wizard

Lincoln, UK

#1029762 Nov 24, 2013
Obama for pres!
safagus

Voorhees, NJ

#1029763 Nov 24, 2013
its merge between hillbilly and black man lol..
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1029764 Nov 24, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Why you gotta be so mean to her? She has as much of a right to be posting here as anybody else does and she's not offensive like most of the rest of the posters here.
Maybe you prefer that lil Debil make an encore appearance?
Ghost/Debil is still here...just calls herself Yeah as well as many other names...

you have a point...Galt will cease criticizing Carol's personal diary...
Level 1

Bozeman, MT

#1029765 Nov 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Summary of why the Obama/Iran deal means nothing
To build a NUCLEAR weapon you need enriched uranium and plutonium reactors.
To produce civilian nuclear energy you DON'T need enriched uranium and plutonium reactors.
"The mullahs are eager for this interim agreement with its immediate yield of political and economic relief. Once they get it, we will have removed their one incentive to conclude the only agreement that is worth anything to us ó a verifiable giving up of their nuclear program. Brilliant." - Charles Krauthammer
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1029766 Nov 24, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again moron! Those plans didn't include any of those benefits. What they did have was low premiums but with such high deductibles and co pays that someone would end up seriously in debt before the insurance company paid a dime.
anyone who ends up "seriously in debt" before their deductible is satisfied is a welfare case, not a functioning member of society...

fools like you don't understand the difference between insurance and prepaid medical care....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min Fair Game 46,861
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 51 min convict 549 2,517
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr n-dis-grace 487,745
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 2 hr Games Champ Riggies 17,088
two words (Jul '10) 3 hr covcas 26,896
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 3 hr covcas 9,074
Privilege Waived - Part II . . . Remember Me? 6 hr An apple a day 100
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search