Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
942,321 - 942,340 of 1,085,017 Comments Last updated 22 min ago

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike Bush, there was no draft to dodge. In peace time, the majority of those who join the military are those who are not academically inclined or are underprivileged members of society.
Without a draft, there is absolutely no reason for someone who is academically inclined to join the military in peacetime if he/she has no interest in a military career and can afford higher education without the help of the GI bill or military schools. None.
"uselesssinceforever "
You are a real peach. Now you slur and demean our military. In a word you say those who volunteer or either stoopid or poor, and those that do not choose to serve are the intelligent and the wealthy. You are sick and full of manure.
Peace
KMA
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text> And on the odd chance that DaBammy had served__it would have been a real safe deal JAG etc.
Odd chance? How about NO chance. America-hating leftist cowards like Obama don't go within a mile of recruitment centers.

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you posted a veto instead of a bill which you lied and said existed.
Where is the BILL that gave permission for enhanced integration that you claim existed-uh?
From the horses mouth:

Bush: "The bill Congress sent me would take away one of the most valuable tools in the war on terror. So today I vetoed it. This is no time for Congress to abandon practices that have a proven track record of keeping America safe."

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush did not dodge the draft.
Bill Clinton, liberal hero and coward, did exactly that. IMO that should disqualify ANYONE from becoming Commander in Chief of the armed services.
WTF, give me and the rest of the world a break. I was coming of draft age and had an older brother of draft age during the Vietnam war. I and millions of other know exactly what was going on at the time.

why technically Bush did not avoid the draft, he used another tactic
TO AVOID COMBAT DUTY IN NAM.

That tactic was only available to the rich and connected.

Bush avoided combat duty by joining the Texas Air National Guard, commonly known as the CHAMPAGNE GUARD at the time.

without any ROTC experience, Bush jumped over 150 other applicants and got a commission. Further, he became a pilot fot an aircraft that was being phased out F-106 Delta dart and the only jet to never see service in Nam.

Everybody at the time knew that if you had to go in the service, the only way to ensure you weren't deployed to Nam, was to get in the National Guard.

of all my friends, the only one to get into the Guard was connected.

so please, don't insult those of us who lived through Nam.

Funny when Bush got his war, he stayed aware from instituting a draft, lest some of those pro-war republicans may have actually had to see combat. Instead, he relied heavily on national guard units, stop loss orders and multiple combat deployments of units, sometimes those units spent less time stateside between deployments to Iraq than actual deployment

Oh and BTW GFYS

Level 4

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
she will be back later with the same self pity and rambling unsupported generalizations
Like I have said before, she lives in a parallel universe where truth is viewed as lies.
Level 1

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the past is the past, but...
any form of compulsory national service, including the military draft, is a form of slavery that is inconsistent with a free society...
judge people by what they do voluntarily, not at the point of a gun...
Like I said earlier, anyone lacking the guts to serve in their country's military has no business commanding it.

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd chance? How about NO chance. America-hating leftist cowards like Obama don't go within a mile of recruitment centers.
really arsewipe. just when did you serve???

I'm liberal and I spent 6.5 years in the Corps.
Sen Max Cleland served in nam, won a silver star and purple heart
Senator Jim Webb served in the Marines during Nam and his son served in the Marines in Iraq.
Joe biden's son served
I know I can list more liberal democrats who have served this country proudly than conservative republican.

Level 4

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it isn't happening! LOL, oh yes it is-did you miss the whole list of diagnoses and what a doctor is allowed to do issue.
You guys keep thinking if you hide your heads in the sand that the words in Obamacare don't say what they do.
Hop to it! Prove that Obamacare does NOT restrict treatments.
The ACA does not restrict treatments. In fact, the ACA allows Medicare to pay cancer hospitals MORE if they are incurring higher costs. All medically necessary treatment is covered. Prove otherwise.

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever "
You are a real peach. Now you slur and demean our military. In a word you say those who volunteer or either stoopid or poor, and those that do not choose to serve are the intelligent and the wealthy. You are sick and full of manure.
Peace
KMA
let's not facts get in the way of your reality. Why don't you look at the statistics. what he said is spot on. BTW, although there was a draft during Nam, the average soldier who saw combat also fit that mold. Heck just look at the Bush administration, it was comprised almost entirely of chickenhawks who even though they were of draft age during Nam, never got drafted

Level 4

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
when "fixing" the Anti-American Communist Act (ACA) means that 80-90% of the law must be changed, easier to repeal and start over....
DemoKKKrats are screwed in November 2014....because ObamaKKKare will make things worse than they are now...the website and the cancellations are just the tip of the iceberg...
LMAO. One minute you people are claiming the ACA should be repealed because the majority of people don't want it and, when provided with the truth that the majority of people don't want it repealed, you still hold your ground. Amazing. Hypocrites.

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said earlier, anyone lacking the guts to serve in their country's military has no business commanding it.
so we agree, Reagan should never have been president.!!!
KarmaNoElectra

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
really arsewipe. just when did you serve???
I'm liberal and I spent 6.5 years in the Corps.
Senator Jim Webb served in the Marines during Nam and his son served in the Marines in Iraq.
Joe biden's son served
I know I can list more liberal democrats who have served this country proudly than conservative republican.
The only thing you served were fries at McDonald's.
Level 1

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF, give me and the rest of the world a break.
A break from what? I said Bush didn't avoid the draft. You agreed.

Thank you and GFYT.

Level 4

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
your argument speaks for itself as to the shallowness of your patriotism and your sense of morality....
besides, Obama was hiding at Harvard while Americans were fighting in Desert Storm....
Gee, was there a draft during Desert Storm? Must have missed that....
Level 1

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe biden's son served
Good for them. It's obvious they're not America-hating, leftist cowards like Obama and Clinton.
Level 1

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah? Well knock yourself out. Please.
Level 1

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so we agree, Reagan should never have been president.!!!
No we don't, you ignorant sod.

"Ronald Wilson Reagan enrolled in a series of home-study Army Extension Courses on 18 March 1935. After completing 14 of the courses, he enlisted in the Army Enlisted Reserve on 29 April 1937, as a Private assigned to Troop B, 322nd Cavalry at Des Moines, Iowa. He was appointed Second Lieutenant in the Officers Reserve Corps of the Cavalry on 25 May 1937. On June 18 of that year Reagan, who had just moved to Los Angeles to begin his film career, accepted his Officerís Commission and was assigned to the 323rd Cavalry.

Lieutenant Reagan was ordered to active duty on 19 April 1942. Due to eyesight difficulties, he was classified for limited service only, which excluded him from serving overseas."

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/referen...

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
A break from what? I said Bush didn't avoid the draft. You agreed.
Thank you and GFYT.
obviously you weren't around during Nam. No Bush didn't avoid the draft, what he did was much worse. He knew he could avoid combat by using his daddy's pull to get into the Champagne Guard. At least Clinton took a stance and wrote his objections in a letter to the draft board, thereby risking Federal charges. Unlike say people like Dick Cheney, someone so willing to send troops into harms way, got 5 deferrments to avoid service during nam.
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
These are but a few of her sources of "documented facts":
Breitbart, Fox Noise, Wall Street Journal, New York Post, Drudge Report, WorldNetDaily, Newsmax, Free Republic, The Washington Times,
Town Hall, Rush Limbaugh, Real Clear Politics, National Review, Hot Air, Michelle Malkin, Glenn Beck, Human Events Online, The Heritage Foundation, Newsbusters, The Weekly Standard, Sean Hannity, Pajamas Media, Atlas Shrugs, The American Thinker, The Cato Journal, Jewish World Review, Front Page Magazine, The American Spectator....
Amusing list of right wing dribble
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, was there a draft during Desert Storm? Must have missed that....
He was one of the WAVES in world war two

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 min Aleene 484,518
The real Lisa Anne Towe Wiggins Ministries 3 hr Paul 14
Today I Have A Felony And Deputies ROGERS, FORO... 5 hr TrueAllTheWay 1
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 5 hr Hidden Nikki 17,054
Helen Thomas And Others Like Billy Graham Warne... 5 hr TrueAllTheWay 1
Walt Disney Breeds Criminals Including Crooked ... 5 hr TrueAllTheWay 1
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 10 hr Sheriff Joe 2,404
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••