Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 47,116)

Showing posts 942,301 - 942,320 of1,034,224
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“All Human Freedom began”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
more denial of any poll other than those that are of the Presidential nature.
so how's that working out for you? did the tea party win out in VA last week? and how is the ACA polling compared to the tea party? 20% higher?
More people belong the to the Tea Party compared to the losers O'bama calls enrollees. Poor Poor O'bamacare enrollees-they are being counted just because they hit the wrong button.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Income roller coasters

If someone's income is predictable and stable, the process should work smoothly. However, many low-income workers have erratic schedules and, therefore, incomes. In retail, for example, major companies have moved from between 70 percent and 80 percent full-time workers to "at least 70 percent part-time," according to a New York Times interview with Burt Flickinger, managing director of retail consultancy Strategic Resource Group. With part-time work comes last minute scheduling and unpredictable numbers of hours.

There are electronic systems that will allow workers to report any changes in income and react in "real-time," according to Toblert. "If their income drops and they report it, they will be eligible for a higher subsidy. There may be a month or two delay. It's a matter of when the individual reports the change in income, where in the month they are, and how quickly that change in income gets processed for a new subsidy eligibility level. We don't yet have experience in how these systems will work."

The Affordable Care Act has gained early attention for the disastrous performance of the Healthcare.gov website. These would be additional systems that have yet to prove themselves.

The more variable the income, the more difficult it will be for workers to keep the government apprised of how much they are making at any given moment and how much subsidy they therefore should receive. Workers might find that they have to regularly enter their incomes, forcing the systems to constantly recalculate appropriate subsidy levels. Any delays or mistakes could force workers to either pay more than they should, creating an additional financial burden, or face a potentially high bill from the IRS at the end of the year.

A Republican victory

"Most people don't have a lot of income in the month that they can float, based on the assumption they are going to make more money during the year," Tolbert said. "When they're making less money, it's hard to pay that extra premium. These are things that consumers will have to balance and it will require a lot of education for people to understand this whole process."

"This will either cause hardship for low-income households caught in that position, encourage them not to earn that extra income, or encourage them not to report that income to the IRS," Cannon said. The first two possibilities would "limit the upward mobility of low-income households" and the third would be illegal.

Cannon argues that during negotiation over tax credits, the Republicans were shrewd, "scoring a small policy victory on that 1099 tax, while paying for it with a measure that would increase public dissatisfaction with the law," which is also a result they wanted.

© 2013 CBS Interactive Inc.. All Rights Reserved.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
more denial of any poll other than those that are of the Presidential nature.
so how's that working out for you? did the tea party win out in VA last week? and how is the ACA polling compared to the tea party? 20% higher?
<spam>
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Proof this mental case is a Moonbat:
<quoted text>
LOL LOL LOL

i just love it when right wing nutjobs start pointing the nutjob finger. it's like...you're the only ones who can make statements that dance around the facts? how dare me to try to act like a right wing nutjob when i'm not!

most folks know that i'm being factious. but most folks know that you're not. big difference no matter how much kool-aid they gave you.

Level 1

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
In truth, the Progressives eat their own.
Which is to say that they eat sh it.
That's the power of Oxyclean!

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Libturds like lilyskank think they sound compassionate when they say abortion is better than living at the hands of an abusive parent (Clintons dad was abusive). But they can't hide the thrill they get from abortion forever.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
Top CIA official Michael J Morrell has signed a book deal. Morrell served for 33 years, briefed Bush on the morning of 911, was involved in the interrogation program, was in on the OBL raid planning and in the room with the POTUS during the raid. He was also involved in Benghazi. Due out in 2015 the book should be worthwhile reading.
Was Morrell in the card game with Obama?

http://www.bing.com/videos/search...

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not paying any attention to the "millions who have lost their insurance" hype. IMO, it is blown wayyyyy out of proportion. Tell me, how many of these people had insurance BEFORE passing the Affordable Care Act? I'll wait. Tick, tock.
You have a "house". LMAO. More like a cardboard box under the local railway bridge.
Uh, they had to have insurance to lose insurance, duh!!!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
just love the predictions.
and what was you Topix name before Mitt got his ass kicked?
It's actually better obama got reelected, eat his own shit and lies, get all the blame for obamakare and failure for the next 3 years than blaming Republicans and Romney for sabotage you idiot...

AND... If not for Obama bin Lyin, Ted Cruz and the Tea Party would not have been a great success in 2010 and 2014..

AND... when we Tea Party Patriots take back the country in 2014, you commies, brown shirt liberals and moochers will need to learn and fish or cut bait...

You voted for the winner and liar Obama bin Lyin and still lost making you a bigger loser you idiot.. How's that working out for you dumbass?

It's the culture...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's one way to lose weight!! He's not a bad looking guy, I feel sorry for his weight problem, he's so young.
I find him rather boorish and don't think he is really cut out for national politics. He's fine as a Gov. of a state like NJ
I don't know if he's got a chance with a national crowd but if he's in the debates he'll brutalize mutts like Rubio, Cruz and Paul.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
As Charles Krauthammer so eloquently put into perspective the petty differences in tactics opposed to the fundamental objectives of all conservatives:
"We all agree on limited government, we all agree on restoration of individual rights, we all agree on liberty being the central idea, and we all agree on the restoration of individual responsibility and initiative."
Conservatives better get over themselves and their petty differences in tactics ASAP.
Rand, Cruz, Christie, Rubio, Jeb and every conservative with a voice on Capital Hill have to find a camera and a microphone and repeat Krauthammer's fundamental objectives of which we all agree often and repeatedly for the next two years.
Morning, flack. Gotta get ready to go to work. I'm a working girl now - just a few days a week in the afternoons.
Walmart greeter?

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
cost sharing reductions...hahahaha. You sheep never cease to amaze me.
They just can't bring themselves to say welfare can they?

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

OBAMANTION wrote:
Obama hits lowest approval rating of presidency: Poll
OBAMA IN GWB TERRITORY!!!! LOL!!!!!! OBAMA=LAME DUCK PREZ
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-po...
Quinnipiac University Poll, November 13, 2013:

“President Obama’s job approval rating has fallen to the level of former President George W. Bush at the same period of his presidency.”

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Exit polling shows conservatives stayed home. This should tell the GOP something.
they didn't learn from the presidential election, why would they learn now? The establishment doesn't want to lose their power.
NuculurNutSurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

waxywaxturd wrote:
waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking to myself again!!!!!!!!!
NOT WINNING!
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an Obamabot!
ME AGAIN!! NOT WINNING. Non stop, all day, all night. BWAAAAAAAAHAHHHAAA!!
Hugs, Not Surprized!
Not Surprized!

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
As Charles Krauthammer so eloquently put into perspective the petty differences in tactics opposed to the fundamental objectives of all conservatives:
"We all agree on limited government, we all agree on restoration of individual rights, we all agree on liberty being the central idea, and we all agree on the restoration of individual responsibility and initiative."
Conservatives better get over themselves and their petty differences in tactics ASAP.
Rand, Cruz, Christie, Rubio, Jeb and every conservative with a voice on Capital Hill have to find a camera and a microphone and repeat Krauthammer's fundamental objectives of which we all agree often and repeatedly for the next two years.
Morning, flack. Gotta get ready to go to work. I'm a working girl now - just a few days a week in the afternoons.
Morning Carol. Yes I know. Good for you.

Level 1

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not paying any attention to the "millions who have lost their insurance" hype. IMO, it is blown wayyyyy out of proportion. Tell me, how many of these people had insurance BEFORE passing the Affordable Care Act? I'll wait. Tick, tock.
You have a "house". LMAO. More like a cardboard box under the local railway bridge.
Diane Feinstein jumped ship and is babbling against O'bamacare. It's too bad she couldn't find a railway bridge.
NuculurNutSurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
Me again!!!!!!!!!!
xoxo, Not Surprized!!!!!!!!!!
Not Surprized!

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
He did say this:
"There should be no doubt that we will be relentless in tracking down the killers and bringing them to justice."
And this:
"...it will not be enough to put more guards in front of an embassy or to put out statements of regret and wait for the outrage to pass."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/26/world/obama...
He wasn't relentless enough in tracking down the killers. No one has been brought to justice after all this time.
But he did put out a statement of regret and waited for the outrage to pass.
He had some very nice words to say about Chris Stevens, but just didn't mention a planned terrorist attack on the anniversary of 9/11 was responsible for his death.
There was an upcoming election and it might have affected his chance of winning.
you mean the terrorists that have been interviewed by CNN and the new York times? He won't rest until they are brought to justice?
NuculurNutSurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and did nothing.
The Obama Presidency...Not Surprized!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 942,301 - 942,320 of1,034,224
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 7 min Murphey_Law 478,295
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min litesong 43,009
Bobcat sighting spooks pet owners (May '07) 46 min suzie 37
doctor/walk in clinics 3 hr know 1
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 4 hr RinGo_ 11,798
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 16,922
~~name three things~~ (Feb '13) 5 hr rubygoober 582
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••