Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1375091 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1025966 Nov 18, 2013
Homer wrote:
"Dems on side of the people, Teabaggers on the side of the insurance companies, go figure" - Homer(I) 2016
New Teabagger slogan:
I (heart) insurance companies, oh and Putin.
Yep, and even though they too raise prices on their products, we (heart) grocery companies, home improvement companies and department store companies. All this even though the government keeps deeming products unsafe and removing them from their shelves.

In case you were unaware, millions of people depend on insurance companies for employment.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1025967 Nov 18, 2013
Progressive buy a vote plane part 435342342435215353....

"Obama Pushes To Save The Holiday Season For A Million Unemployed People"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/15/obam...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1025968 Nov 18, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
I work in an emergency room, you don't have to tell me about people going there for stupid things. A big part of the Obamacare issue is that it will do nothing but make that worse especially now that many doctors are being dropped by insurance companies, people will have no place else to go for their healthcare. The very problems that Obamacare wanted to fix, they have exasperated.
Very true and numerous news articles (a few I have already posted) confirms this.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1025969 Nov 18, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Progressive buy a vote plane part 435342342435215353....
"Obama Pushes To Save The Holiday Season For A Million Unemployed People"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/15/obam...
""We have always done so when unemployment is this high and would make little sense to fail to do so now when we are still facing the burdens of the worst downturn since the Great Recession," Sperling said. "It is high bang for the buck for the economy, reduces poverty and helps workers who lost jobs due to no fault of their own get back on their feet."

Wai a minute, I thought that Obama improved the economy and created a whole bunch of jobs since coming into office.......he didn't LIE did he?

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1025970 Nov 18, 2013
Look at Table 1 comparing estimated number of tax-credit eligible individuals and potential marketplace coverage by state.

http://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wordpress...

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but the second column with much higher numbers usually means the costs associated with much higher numbers is going to be a lot more expensive.

But maybe somebody can correct me on that.

Working today so gotta go. Later.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1025971 Nov 18, 2013
I get it!!!!

In a Progressive world you have to screw up to move up!

"Geithner Heads to Private Equity"

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1025972 Nov 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true and numerous news articles (a few I have already posted) confirms this.
So now we are going to be paying a whole lot more for insurance to provide insurance for those who have none, but those people won't have a doctor available to see them because the insurance companies are dropping doctors like hot potatoes, so these people will be going to emergency rooms for the most expensive healthcare for their minor, non-emergent health care-just like they do now. Like I said, Obamacare resolves nothing.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1025973 Nov 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly do you have against Americans being pissed off after finding out Obama is forcing them to pay twice as much - up to five times as much in some states - for pediatric and maternal coverage who have no children, who plan to have no children and aging Americans who were perfectly happy with their cheaper and chosen plans that were cancelled?
Only 15% of Americans claimed to be unhappy with their health care insurance.
So 85% of Americans now have to pay more for coverage they don't want or need for the other 15%?
Wasn't there a much more practical and common sense approach than a big government and IRS takeover?
Oooh, oooh, oooh Carol trying to play bait and switch.

This post clearly says that 85% of Americans now have to pay more.

And I'll remind the math challenged lying scumbag that well over 20% of "all" Americans are on Medicare (over 48 million), or covered by TriCare or another Fed Employees plan.

The only thing you prove babe, is your own ignorance.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1025974 Nov 18, 2013
So, the CBO states 30 million people will not be covered under the new Obamacare law-the same number as before the law.

So, people are still being forced to use Emergency Room due to Obamacare caused reduction of participating hospitals and doctors.

Really Obamacare was a big waste of monies and solved nothing!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1025975 Nov 18, 2013
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!

"FT. EDWARD -- "It is clear at this point that GE has no intentions of keeping the plant here open," Scott Gates, president of Local 332 tells us"

Read More at: http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/features/top-s...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1025976 Nov 18, 2013

"GREENWOOD — Viking Range Corp. has had another round of layoffs in a move that took Greenwood officials and residents by surprise..."

http://www.clarionledger.com/viewart/20131117...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1025977 Nov 18, 2013

"Hartford HealthCare Cuts 179 Jobs Across Five Hospitals"

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-hartford-h...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1025978 Nov 18, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text>Farming Solar Energy in Space
Shrugging off massive costs, Japan pursues space-based solar arrays
By Tim Hornyak
inShare
Share on Tumblr
Kakuda, japan—In a recent spin-off of the classic Japanese animated series Mobile Suit Gundam, the depletion of fossil fuels has forced humanity to turn to space-based solar power generation as global conflicts rage over energy shortages. The sci-fi saga is set in the year 2307, but even now real Japanese scientists are working on the hardware needed to realize orbital generators as a form of clean, renewable energy, with plans to complete a prototype in about 20 years.
The concept of solar panels beaming down energy from space has long been pondered—and long been dismissed as too costly and impractical. But in Japan the seemingly far-fetched scheme has received renewed attention amid the current global energy crisis and concerns about the environment. Last year researchers at the Institute for Laser Technology in Osaka produced up to 180 watts of laser power from sunlight. In February scientists in Hokkaido began ground tests of a power transmission system designed to send energy in microwave form to Earth.
The laser and microwave research projects are two halves of a bold plan for a space solar power system (SSPS) under the aegis of Japan’s space agency, the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA). Specifically, by 2030 the agency aims to put into geostationary orbit a solar-power generator that will transmit one gigawatt of energy to Earth, equivalent to the output of a large nuclear power plant. The energy would be sent to the surface in microwave or laser form, where it would be converted into electricity for commercial power grids or stored in the form of hydrogen.
“We’re doing this research for commonsense reasons—as a potential solution to the challenges posed by the exhaustion of fossil fuels and global warming,” says Hiroaki Suzuki of JAXA’s Advanced Mission Research Center, one of about 180 scientists at major Japanese research institutes working on the scheme. JAXA says its potential advantages are straightforward: in space, solar irradiance is five to 10 times as strong as on the ground, so generation is more efficient; solar energy could be collected 24 hours a day; and weather would not pose a problem. The system would also be clean, generating no pollution or waste, and safe. The intensity of energy reaching Earth’s surface might be about five kilowatts per square meter—about five times that of the sun at noon on a clear summer day at midlatitudes. Although the scientists say this amount will not harm the human body, the receiving area would nonetheless be cordoned off and situated at sea.
You'd never get this past the Teabaggers in this country.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1025979 Nov 18, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
""We have always done so when unemployment is this high and would make little sense to fail to do so now when we are still facing the burdens of the worst downturn since the Great Recession," Sperling said. "It is high bang for the buck for the economy, reduces poverty and helps workers who lost jobs due to no fault of their own get back on their feet."
Wai a minute, I thought that Obama improved the economy and created a whole bunch of jobs since coming into office.......he didn't LIE did he?
This morning the Today Show said the WH could not concentrate on the economy due to their laser like focus on Obamacare.

Their messages are getting scrambled.

Really, how focus can you be when you claim that you did not spend just 5 minutes checking to see of your signature legislation actually worked?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1025980 Nov 18, 2013

"Champps closing 3 northeast Ohio locations"

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/2013/11/...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1025981 Nov 18, 2013

"WATERTOWN, SD - Minnesota Rubber and Plastics, a manufacturing plant in Watertown, will close in one year and 180 workers will be out of jobs. Plant Manager Rob Peterson tells KELOLAND news jobs will begin being gradually eliminated after January 15, 2014."

http://www.keloland.com/business//detail.cfm/...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1025982 Nov 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Oooh, oooh, oooh Carol trying to play bait and switch.
This post clearly says that 85% of Americans now have to pay more.
And I'll remind the math challenged lying scumbag that well over 20% of "all" Americans are on Medicare (over 48 million), or covered by TriCare or another Fed Employees plan.
The only thing you prove babe, is your own ignorance.
You really think FED employees' insurance does not have premium increases.

Insult less; think more.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1025983 Nov 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
So, the CBO states 30 million people will not be covered under the new Obamacare law-the same number as before the law.
So, people are still being forced to use Emergency Room due to Obamacare caused reduction of participating hospitals and doctors.
Really Obamacare was a big waste of monies and solved nothing!
Bingo!!!!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1025984 Nov 18, 2013
Liberals can't even keep an abortion clinic open!!!!!

"Planned Parenthood is closing four of 20 Iowa clinics'

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1025985 Nov 18, 2013
Evil Rich Liberal....

"Berkshire Hathaway profit rises 29%"

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/berkshire-ha...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
P.I. Dominic Casey writing book? (Dec '09) 20 min Riverside 174
Song Title Game (Apr '15) 34 min Princess Hey 418
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 35 min Princess Hey 3,039
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 45 min Princess Hey 13,040
3 word game (Jan '11) 47 min Princess Hey 13,990
The alphabet (Jun '06) 50 min Princess Hey 1,647
two words (Jul '10) 54 min Princess Hey 27,821
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 hr LizW 513,040
More from around the web

Personal Finance