Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1601244 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

LCNLin

United States

#1024597 Nov 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The President of the United States can no more tell private insurers what they must provide on a minute's notice than telling Burger King what they must provide on their menus by next week.
This president is way out of bounds.
The insurance companies are the ones getting screwed. Obama can't seem to make up his mind which decree he wants them to enforce from one day to the next.
Of course, HE decided what THEY must enforce whether it was affordable or necessary or practical or reasonable or anything else you can think of or not.
Who died and made him king anyway?
politics rolls out slowly and the 38 million uninsured will remember the republican wish to protect the vacation homes of the wealthy.

Republican party is split between born again's and libertarians now running their own candidates.
Virginia is the model of republican decline.

President Obama has three more years so don't use up all your invective in one evening?

Peace

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1024598 Nov 15, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
How anti-choice of you!!
Children and immature, irresponsible adults need set boundaries to keep them safe.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1024599 Nov 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Your desperation is showing. Not a thought in your head. Just personal attacks and rethug antics. LMAO
Liaaak, whoooaaa, man!

Rethugs, man.

You err smert man.

Let us know who those Rethugs err man.

Mwe smert liak yoo two!

idiot.

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Location hidden

#1024601 Nov 15, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>It too bad that you are genetically inferior to people like me.
The last thing I would want to have is your genetics. It's very apparent to everyone that you suffer from a mental illness.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1024602 Nov 15, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
While that is an interesting opinion, it doesn't do a thing to bolster your opinion about Mitt Romney.
What was George W. Bush's lowest approval rating? 25%
So, let's recap...your guy lost and you were mad.
Your guy lost again and you are still bitter.
Get over it. You should be used to a disappointing life by now.
Hey TERD!

Your dirtbag, Obama the punk boy has the same approval rating at this point in his presidency, IDIOT!

Now go comb your lunatic liberal website for something you think is smart, idiot.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1024603 Nov 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Eman is a "hatetriot". He believes it's unAmerican to refer to the healthcare system in America as disastrous but champions anyone who refers to the President of the United States as a disaster. Traitor, indeed.
Hate?

You?

The thread hater on a soap box talking about hate?

Baawwaahhh!!!

You are the thread loser. We know you hate, because you are a loser.

Take a hike, insane zero.

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Location hidden

#1024606 Nov 15, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
You like Presidential quotes?
10/11/2000, George W. Bush, Candidate for President
"I don't think our troops ought to be used for what's called nation building."
11/01/2002, George W. Bush, President
"... for the sake of protecting our friends and allies, the United States will lead a mighty coalition of freedom-loving nations and disarm Saddam Hussein. See, I can't imagine what was going through the mind of this enemy when they hit us. They probably thought the national religion was materialism, that we were so selfish and so self-absorbed that after 9/11/2001 this mighty nation would take a couple of steps back and file a lawsuit.
02/08/2003, George W. Bush, President
"We also know that Iraq is harboring a terrorist network headed by a senior al Qaeda terrorist planner. This network runs a poison and explosive training camp in northeast Iraq, and many of its leaders are known to be in Baghdad."
05/01/2003, George W. Bush, President
"My fellow Americans: Major combat operations in Iraq have ended." Under the banner "Mission Accomplished."
Wait...the next three years saw the largest casualties of the war!
How about a flip flop ala the 'keep your policies if you want' kind?
09/17/2003, George W. Bush, President
Reporter: Mr. President, Dr. Rice and Secretary Rumsfeld both said yesterday that they have seen no evidence that Iraq had anything to do with September 11th.
George W. Bush: "We've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with the September 11th."
WTF? Didn't you stand before the nation and tell us all that he was not only involved but preparing to strike us again?
Still, that isn't the best Presidential quote, err, blunder from George W. Bush.
These two are my favorites:
"You work three jobs?... Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." --to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005
"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008
Thanks for posting those. This is quite a garden you have stepped into, Chance. Good Luck. I'm off to the movies..."12 Years A Slave". A movie that most of the racists on here would never desire to see.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1024609 Nov 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for posting those. This is quite a garden you have stepped into, Chance. Good Luck. I'm off to the movies..."12 Years A Slave". A movie that most of the racists on here would never desire to see.
Translation:

Duh! Tanks fer postin' does. I ain't got know cummun sence but yu stepeded into a cesspool of liberal haters liak mwe.

R U err racist? Mwe libewals love to uce da race cerd.

Flocking idiot!
LCNLin

United States

#1024610 Nov 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Former Bush Officials Eagerly Compare Obamacare Rollout To Hurricane Katrina
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/former-...
i'm sure FOX will disagree but if you're much hated Bush official.....you should take whatever you can get.
Interesting

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1024611 Nov 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hah, www.jeff rense.com Emans butt buddy.
you support that lying dick Obama. Nuff said.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1024613 Nov 15, 2013
Baawwaahhh!!!!

A Month After the Shutdown, Republicans Are More Trusted to Govern Than Obama!!!!!!!!!

respondents said they trusted congressional Republicans to do a better job than Obama. They preferred the GOP on health care (43 percent to 42 percent), the economy (45 percent to 41 percent), the federal budget (45 percent to 40 percent), and immigration (41 percent to 40 percent).

Hey libturds. You might need to move to North Korea now to get your communism (free lunch).

Eat well, libturds.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#1024614 Nov 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Looks like the trained stock market analysts nailed it, looks like Flack and Galt might as well have been bloing each other.
Unleaded Reg under $3.00 in many parts of the nation__beer pries holding steady (about the same as when this thread started). Household electric also holding steady, Nat'l gas and LP gas down dramatically.
Hmmph__after five years the Republicon drama queens on this thread are still batting zero__make that zero with a O.
At some point one might wonder how those experts (mutts) can even afford to hang out here.
"unleaded", who the fck still calls it "unleaded"? Hahahaha

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#1024618 Nov 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
And just think!!! He has three more years to stick it to you!!!
that's called taxes. All of us who pay taxes will get it stuck to us.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1024619 Nov 15, 2013
A Democratic revolt over Obamacare failed to materialize Friday as the House of Representatives passed a measure to let insurance companies offer plans that don't meet the minimum standards of the Affordable Care Act.

The measure, the Keep Your Health Care Act, passed 261 to 157, with 39 Democrats joining Republicans. That's only a handful more Democrats than defected on a number of votes during the recent government shutdown, although it was significantly more than the two who backed the GOP effort to defund Obamacare back in September.

"Most of the pundits were predicting that we were going to lose a huge number of members, and we're not," Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.), the head of the Democratic National Committee, told The Huffington Post. "Democrats believe we should move forward and fully implement the Affordable Care Act."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/15/hous...
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1024620 Nov 15, 2013
Hey Commie Demo-KKK-RATS!

O-Commie-Care was your shining failure!

Jimmy Carter, part two:

Liberal Quinnipiac University poll:

"Respondents said they trusted congressional Republicans to do a better job than Obama. They preferred the GOP on health care (43 percent to 42 percent), the economy (45 percent to 41 percent), the federal budget (45 percent to 40 percent), and immigration (41 percent to 40 percent)."

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-11-...

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#1024621 Nov 15, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
While that is an interesting opinion, it doesn't do a thing to bolster your opinion about Mitt Romney.
What was George W. Bush's lowest approval rating? 25%
So, let's recap...your guy lost and you were mad.
Your guy lost again and you are still bitter.
Get over it. You should be used to a disappointing life by now.
while that is an interesting opinion, mini me, you have no idea who "my guy" was.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#1024623 Nov 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You believe coverage in the Health Insurance Marketplace began three years ago? Not surprised.
wow. Seriously, how stupid are you? Ask the guy who brings your meds.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1024624 Nov 15, 2013
Has anyone met a Demo-KKK-RAT that would not steal money from his own kids?

I grew up in a Demo-RAT family and voted for Jimmy Carter. Big mistake.

Once I became an adult, I realized what idiots they were.

Leeches, for sure.

That's when I marched my ass down to the town hall and resigned from the Democrat Party.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1024627 Nov 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
A Democratic revolt over Obamacare failed to materialize Friday as the House of Representatives passed a measure to let insurance companies offer plans that don't meet the minimum standards of the Affordable Care Act.
The measure, the Keep Your Health Care Act, passed 261 to 157, with 39 Democrats joining Republicans. That's only a handful more Democrats than defected on a number of votes during the recent government shutdown, although it was significantly more than the two who backed the GOP effort to defund Obamacare back in September.
"Most of the pundits were predicting that we were going to lose a huge number of members, and we're not," Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.), the head of the Democratic National Committee, told The Huffington Post. "Democrats believe we should move forward and fully implement the Affordable Care Act."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/15/hous...
Huf Po on man.

39 Democrats voted for it and it passed, moron.

Keep on Huf Poin libturd.

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1024628 Nov 15, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
politics rolls out slowly and the 38 million uninsured will remember the republican wish to protect the vacation homes of the wealthy.
Republican party is split between born again's and libertarians now running their own candidates.
Virginia is the model of republican decline.
President Obama has three more years so don't use up all your invective in one evening?
Peace
Anyway...I just wanted to tell you that my comment earlier about you being the brat of the family and me knocking your ice-cream to the floor was because I thought you were destroying the few planks Galt and I had that still connect us politically-wise. We disagree on abortion so it's best not to bring me into the conversation when that topic comes up and you're razzing him about it.

He still went away mad.

However, if Homer were the bratty sibling, I would just rub the ice-cream in his face. So at least you're not Homer.

Right, Hom? Homie? The Hominator? Homer?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr Murphey_Law 513,669
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Guinness Drunkard 63,972
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 5 hr zazz 98,516
Puerto Rico Sucks (Jun '08) 17 hr Guest 1,335
My names Dominick Nuccio I caused the Orlando s... Wed Dominick 1
News Mansion's reverend has skeletons in his closet (Jul '08) Sep 18 DiLeos D 220
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Sep 17 Murph 73,838

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages