Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417367 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1010056 Oct 23, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What goes around comes around, Hanah.
Tick Tock. Tick Tock.
yes yes yes. We already know G-d has favored me and you are G-dless. So what else is your point wicked one?

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1010057 Oct 23, 2013
"Republicans like to argue that government is inherently broken. HealthCare.gov , as launched, reinforces their narrative."
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1010058 Oct 23, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Wake the f up liberals!!!
16 million people!!!!!
"These 16 million people are now receiving letters from their carriers saying they are losing their current coverage and must re-enroll in order to avoid a break in coverage and comply with the new health law's benefit mandates––the vast majority by January 1. Most of these will be seeing some pretty big rate increases"
http://healthpolicyandmarket.blogspot.com/201...
That's some real funny chit lady.

There are about 300,000 persons in Florida who own inexpensive insurance policies with gaps-holes and high deductibles who are being cancelled by BC/BS "only because" the absolute sht that they've been paying $60 to $90 per month for has been outlawed.

What's your need to come here and lie?

What's your need to link bullsht sites??

ROFLMAO at your lying scumbag azz.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1010059 Oct 23, 2013
"Republicans aren't in charge of Health and Human Services. Democrats are. And there were plenty of signs that CGI was generally incompetent, such as this:

Last year, the Canadian province of Ontario fired CGI and canceled a $46 million contract, accusing the company of failing to build an online medical registry on time.

By all means, please, bet the success of the most important Democratic initiative in decades on that company ... "

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1010060 Oct 23, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true Dave. Under the 2007 contract, the Obama administration was OBLIGATED to offer CGI the healthcare.gov job...or at least the right to bid on it. By regulation, only a company covered under that 2007 contract could bid on the contract. That is a FACT.
"HHS office said Sunday the department would reach outside its government contractors to civilian companies that might be able to solve HealthCare.gov 's problems more quickly."

your statements don't follow what's happening on the ground.

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1010061 Oct 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again....
Pay attention here. You may need to write this down.
ObamaKare didn't exist when Bush was president. Therefore, a Statement of Work to design and develop the ObamaKare website could not have existed. Without that Statement of Work, there could not have been any work authorized by the US government, you moron.
Additionally, there would have to be generated a Contract Data Requirements List of all deliverables to the government. A Program Management Plan would have to be generated. A Software Configuration Management Plan would have to be generated. A Logistics Management Plan would have to be generated. Then, a Statement of Work would have to be generated. A Test and Evaluation Plan would have to be generated. There would also be a warranty agreement between the contractor delivering and the government.
There is a whole library of documentation that would have to be generated for this plan to be implemented and executed under any contract, pre-existing or not.
All of this would have to be developed by people Obama chose.
You really don't have a clue what you're talking about. Stop embarrassing yourself.
Once again, A Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) is a pre-competed, multiple-award, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract that agencies can use to buy total IT solutions. The $4 billion 2007 contract was a GWAC. "A GWAC allow agencies to issue task orders to pre-vetted companies without going through the full procurement process." The task within the GWAC itself are very vague and expanded later when the "task" is assigned.

I trust that you are not a complete idiot. Look it up yourself.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1010062 Oct 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
all we get from you is "bullsht". Fck off.
You're on a roll today aren't you e-mutt???

You have sht in your pants again???

Sux to be you!

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1010063 Oct 23, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You're on a roll today aren't you e-mutt???
You have sht in your pants again???
Sux to be you!
drunks like you get annoying. Fck off.

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1010064 Oct 23, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
in other words...
Blame George Bush II!!!
Well, he WAS the one who pre-approved CGI for IT tasks involving the upgrading of Medicare and Medicaid's systems which extended to 2011 and beyond. You be the judge.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1010065 Oct 23, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Wake the f up liberals!!!
16 million people!!!!!
"These 16 million people are now receiving letters from their carriers saying they are losing their current coverage and must re-enroll in order to avoid a break in coverage and comply with the new health law's benefit mandates––the vast majority by January 1. Most of these will be seeing some pretty big rate increases"
http://healthpolicyandmarket.blogspot.com/201...
Like that never happened before.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1010066 Oct 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
"Instead of going on Obamacare and abiding by the same laws and requirements as everyone else in it, members of Congress can now receive tax-exempt contributions from their employer (the federal government) to their health care premiums on the Obamacare exchange. This will create one set of rules for the American people and a different set of rules for Congress."
http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/health...
If Congress had to be subjected to ObamaKare, it would be gone tomorrow.
As an employer, if I opt to get insurance through the exchanges for my employees, I would pay for it.

If Congress gets their insurance through the exchanges,then their employer would pay for it just as they do now.

Since there isn't a mechanism set up to do this, the tax-exempt contributions were set up.

Just as my employees get theirs paid, so does Congress.

Congress passed the law that forces Congress to shop on the exchanges but failed to set up the mechanism to pay the premiums.

You people are dumber than shit.

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1010067 Oct 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
only because it was awarded to CGI. It may not have been a delivery order if one of the other companies got the bid. In 2011 the job to build healthcare.gov was given to CGI, not prior to that. In 2011 your messiah was president. Tap tap
You people are really dense. Why don't you look it up for yourself? It's really shouldn't be so difficult for you to understand. There's a 100 sources that will tell you the same thing.

"An HHS source told The Daily Caller that the agency received four proposals out of 16 PRE-QUALIFIED bidders. The source would not say which companies were pre-qualified, nor which companies submitted proposals.

Cheryl Campbell, senior vice president for CGI Federal, testified before the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Health in September that CMS chose CGI Federal in Sept. 2011.

“On September 30, 2011, CMS conducted a competitive procurement and selected CGI Federal to design and develop the FFM,” said Campbell.

The FFM, or Federally Facilitated Marketplace, is the technical term for the Obamacare exchange.

“CMS issued CGI Federal a TASK ORDER for this work under CGI Federal’s Enterprise Systems Development, Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity type contract,”(2007) said Campbell.

An Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity (IDIQ) type contract is, according to the GSA,“used to acquire supplies and/or services when the exact times and/or exact quantities of future deliveries are not known at the time of contract award.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/15/hhs-denies-...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1010069 Oct 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
drunks like you get annoying. Fck off.
Wow__the roll continues__e-mutt is really cookin today.

Nothing on that 13 year old kid eh??

Man__you were all over the Trayvon Martin story__sumpin happens in your back yard and you don't know sht. Fkn scumbag racist pos loser.

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1010070 Oct 23, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct__but but but__there have been expose's going way back where cashiers at WalMart, K-Mart, Home Depot and on and on accepting clearly bogus credit and debit cards for purchases and then returning cash back at the max amounts.
The fraud is in the billions and the cashiers are participants by way of store policy.
Who can forget Casey Anthony paying for goods at Target with her friend's check while showing her own I.D. That sht goes on thousands of times each and every day across the nation__the stores, interested in volume, don't give a sht, the card and check owners are mostly covered by insurance and don't give a sht either.
And then we've learned about cashiers who actually did confront bogues only to get punched in the face or shot through the heart.
I used to say that no one robs biker bars or gun shops__well, guess what???
No matter what we do, there will always be those who find a way to cheat the system. It's just the way it is. A fraud rate of 1.3% isn't bad when compared to the 4% rate of the 1990's or the 39% attempted federal income tax fraud of 2012.

I have no answer...just give them cash and be done with it.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1010071 Oct 23, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You people are really dense. Why don't you look it up for yourself? It's really shouldn't be so difficult for you to understand. There's a 100 sources that will tell you the same thing.
"An HHS source told The Daily Caller that the agency received four proposals out of 16 PRE-QUALIFIED bidders. The source would not say which companies were pre-qualified, nor which companies submitted proposals.
Cheryl Campbell, senior vice president for CGI Federal, testified before the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Health in September that CMS chose CGI Federal in Sept. 2011.
“On September 30, 2011, CMS conducted a competitive procurement and selected CGI Federal to design and develop the FFM,” said Campbell.
The FFM, or Federally Facilitated Marketplace, is the technical term for the Obamacare exchange.
“CMS issued CGI Federal a TASK ORDER for this work under CGI Federal’s Enterprise Systems Development, Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity type contract,”(2007) said Campbell.
An Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity (IDIQ) type contract is, according to the GSA,“used to acquire supplies and/or services when the exact times and/or exact quantities of future deliveries are not known at the time of contract award.”
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/15/hhs-denies-...
honestly, can any of you libturds read?

"Cheryl Campbell, senior vice president for CGI Federal, testified before the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Health in September that CMS chose CGI Federal in Sept. 2011.

“On September 30, 2011, CMS conducted a competitive procurement and selected CGI Federal to design and develop the FFM,” said Campbell."

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1010072 Oct 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"HHS office said Sunday the department would reach outside its government contractors to civilian companies that might be able to solve HealthCare.gov 's problems more quickly."
your statements don't follow what's happening on the ground.
Yes, I saw that and wondered how they would get around the 2007 contract. There are 15 other IT companies covered under that contract...could be they will approach them. Can't say how this works. It will be interesting.
infide

New Britain, CT

#1010073 Oct 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
As an employer, if I opt to get insurance through the exchanges for my employees, I would pay for it.
If Congress gets their insurance through the exchanges,then their employer would pay for it just as they do now.
Since there isn't a mechanism set up to do this, the tax-exempt contributions were set up.
Just as my employees get theirs paid, so does Congress.
Congress passed the law that forces Congress to shop on the exchanges but failed to set up the mechanism to pay the premiums.
You people are dumber than shit.
are all libs as stupid as you ,boy ?.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1010074 Oct 23, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Wow__the roll continues__e-mutt is really cookin today.
Nothing on that 13 year old kid eh??
Man__you were all over the Trayvon Martin story__sumpin happens in your back yard and you don't know sht. Fkn scumbag racist pos loser.
you don't know where my backyard is. Your messiah is what made the Martin case into what it was. What do libturds and drunks do when all else fails?. Pull the race card. Fck off, drunk.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1010075 Oct 23, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, A Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) is a pre-competed, multiple-award, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract that agencies can use to buy total IT solutions. The $4 billion 2007 contract was a GWAC. "A GWAC allow agencies to issue task orders to pre-vetted companies without going through the full procurement process." The task within the GWAC itself are very vague and expanded later when the "task" is assigned.
I trust that you are not a complete idiot. Look it up yourself.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
"that agencies can use to buy total IT solutions"

do you know the difference between "can" and "must"?
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1010076 Oct 23, 2013
Pepsi, Nestle, Coca Cola Revealed as Big Money Behind GMO Labeling Fight

Oct. 23, 2013

In Washington state battle, pro-GMO lobbyists forced to expose illegally hidden donors

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/10/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 min T-REX 513,460
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min Into The Night 61,002
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 2 hr Milee 73,682
loan shark (Dec '11) 2 hr spotcred 32
Hot girl named Sara 12 hr James 3
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 15 hr Rose_NoHo 194
two words (Jul '10) 21 hr CJ Rocker 27,860

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages