Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
926,381 - 926,400 of 1,095,054 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting that a liberal like you drives only gas hogs....
Cadillacs are for pimps and the nouveau riche...sometimes called n***** rich...
unlike GM products, Hondas last forever...
That's old timer talk__back when Caddie's were spayshul. Today they're pretty decent cars compared to most Japanese competitive products and all American made competitors. Still, I don't want one__nor do I want anymore Honda vehicles.

The Ford Edge is a sweet SUV and far more useful than the Honda/Acura entries. For smallish, they're all pretty good__the little Mazda 3 looks like fun though.

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Those evil bankers...

Fear is crowd control...

From 2008

"If anyone has an explanation other than trust (a belief the US government might default on full faith and credit obligations) or liquidity let me know. If Brad Delong is right – and it is about capital then this should be able to be levered 5 times as there should be little capital risk.

But I don’t think it is about capital – it is about something else – something altogether darker and harder to solve"

http://brontecapital.blogspot.com/2008/11/pro...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently Galt & Flacktard have already made their January heath insurance payments?
of course not, nobody would, but the insurance is committed...

unlike ObamaKKKare...

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You should ask Lois....
I'd rather converse with a wicked witch...

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, it's worked in every other country for the past 40 yrs but somehow must fail in the USA. Those tea baggers need to learn to walk forward instead backwards all the time, at least they could see where they are going if nothing else.
You cannot polish a turd...

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
The truly informed among us? LOL! Truly informed? What does that mean? Those who swallow everything the Obama administration feeds them?
In other words you've actually bought into the left's lies about republicans "wanting dirty air and water, starving the elderly and children, and letting those without health insurance die in the streets? Is that your definition of "truly informed"?
Just admit it - you want a government which will take as much as they possibly can from those who have and give it to those who have not.
Stop Coddling the Super-Rich
By WARREN E. BUFFETT
Published: August 14, 2011

OUR leaders have asked for “shared sacrifice.” But when they did the asking, they spared me. I checked with my mega-rich friends to learn what pain they were expecting. They, too, were left untouched.

While the poor and middle class fight for us in Afghanistan, and while most Americans struggle to make ends meet, we mega-rich continue to get our extraordinary tax breaks. Some of us are investment managers who earn billions from our daily labors but are allowed to classify our income as “carried interest,” thereby getting a bargain 15 percent tax rate. Others own stock index futures for 10 minutes and have 60 percent of their gain taxed at 15 percent, as if they’d been long-term investors.

These and other blessings are showered upon us by legislators in Washington who feel compelled to protect us, much as if we were spotted owls or some other endangered species. It’s nice to have friends in high places.

Last year my federal tax bill — the income tax I paid, as well as payroll taxes paid by me and on my behalf — was $6,938,744. That sounds like a lot of money. But what I paid was only 17.4 percent of my taxable income — and that’s actually a lower percentage than was paid by any of the other 20 people in our office. Their tax burdens ranged from 33 percent to 41 percent and averaged 36 percent...."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/15/opinion/sto...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather converse with a wicked witch...
Then you'd get a double benefit son!

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Rep Paul...

"We could eliminate the income tax, replace it with nothing, and still fund the same level of big government we had in the late 1990&#8242;s. We don’t need to “replace” the income tax at all. I see a consumption tax as being a little better than the personal income tax, and I would vote for the Fair-Tax if it came up in the House of Representatives, but it is not my goal. We can do better."

http://freakonomics.com/2008/11/20/ron-paul-a...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
At least the majority of General Motors' shareholders are in the United States. Honda has approximately 28,000 U.S.-based workers compared to GM's 80,000. I believe in supporting America as much as possible.
Given that GM has 212,000 employees worldwide, hardly sounds like an "American" company....

the way to support America is to push companies like GM to improve their products.....starting by making them durable....but that would reduce sales and employment because cars would last longer...

Toyota and Honda products are easily good for 200K miles... most GM products are dead at 100K miles, when Toyotas and Hondas are just getting broken in....

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
gotta get off their ass and find a doctor first....
and then get an appointment....
You are such a pessimist. I'm an optimist. Guess we are destined to agree to disagree.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not "committed" just because you register.
you're in the system, never to escape...

some people value privacy, others worship the government...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the average price of regular gas in Los Angeles County is $3.82....
What's your need to lie Galt?

CA is higher than the nation and somewhere in Texas is lower than the nation BFD.

The national average for ULR could be under $3.00 by the end of this year. I paid $3.15.9 last week.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Democrats...

"The narrower the sphere of action proper to an idea, the more disturbing will its influence be if the idea is forcibly applied to the totality of life. Fancy a frenzied vegetarian insistent upon surveying the whole world from the viewpoint of his culinary dogmas: in art, he would censure all paintings but vegetal landscapes; as for the national economy, he would be strongly agrarian; in religion, he would bow to no gods but the archaic harvest-deities; for clothing, he would tolerate only hemp, flax, or matweed; and as a philosopher, he might insist on the teaching of a transcendent botany. Yet no less absurd is the man who, like many today, stands before us proclaiming,“Above all else, I am a democrat!"

Jose Ortega y Gasset

Level 1

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
of course not, nobody would, but the insurance is committed...
unlike ObamaKKKare...
So why do you two morons expect someone else to pay for their January coverage in October.

When you sign in with the ACA, that policy is committed when payment is made just like your January coverage is when you make your payment.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you do realize that not all Republicans are conservative, don't you?
if you don't you getting ready to find out.
depends what you mean by "conservative"...

if you mean favoring lower taxes, less government spending, and a balanced budget, the vast majority of Republicans are Conservatives....

if you mean anti-abortion, home-schooling, religious wackos....they are a minority in the Republican Party....

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Popular Government...or we get what we want...

"If we will listen to the judgment of those who should best know the nature of popular government, we shall find no reason for good men to desire or choose it. Xenophon, that brave scholar and soldier, disallowed the Athenian commonweal for that they followed that form of government wherein the wicked are always in greatest credit, and virtuous men kept under. They expelled Aristides the Just; Themistocles died in banishment; Miltiades in prison; Phocion, the most virtuous and just man of his age, though he had been chosen forty-five times to be their general, yet he was put to death with all his friends, kindred, and servants, by the fury of the people, without sentence, accusation, or any cause at all."

-Sir Robert Filmer, Patriarcha

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the average price of regular gas in Los Angeles County is $3.82....
the switch to winter blend ought to bring it down even more.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
Rep Paul...
"We could eliminate the income tax, replace it with nothing, and still fund the same level of big government we had in the late 1990&#8242;s. We don’t need to “replace” the income tax at all. I see a consumption tax as being a little better than the personal income tax, and I would vote for the Fair-Tax if it came up in the House of Representatives, but it is not my goal. We can do better."
http://freakonomics.com/2008/11/20/ron-paul-a...
And you wonder why he wasn't nominated for president.....
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
depends what you mean by "conservative"...
if you mean favoring lower taxes, less government spending, and a balanced budget, the vast majority of Republicans are Conservatives....
if you mean anti-abortion, home-schooling, religious wackos....they are a minority in the Republican Party....
Get a life you taliban freak.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you do realize that not all Republicans are conservative, don't you?
if you don't you getting ready to find out.
Senators like Lindsay Graham and Mitch McConnell may find out if they have a strong opponent...

Representatives like Peter King probably have Rockefeller Republican constituencies...

John McCain is finished if he tries to run again...

Pennsylvania Republicans still regret supporting Arlen Spector over Pat Toomey in 2004.....just because they thought he had a better chance to win...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 4 hr EXECUTE KID KILLE... 25,770
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 4 hr EXECUTE KID KILLE... 486,255
Ravelry.com connects arts-and-crafts lovers the... (Mar '09) 4 hr Regina 232
Armed Good Samaritan Comes To The Aid Of Stabbi... 6 hr caikminyc 2
New theme park Cuba 6 hr n-dis-grace 2
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 9 hr lost 2,118
2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 9 hr lost 2,939
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000