Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1007992 Oct 20, 2013
Democrats...

"The narrower the sphere of action proper to an idea, the more disturbing will its influence be if the idea is forcibly applied to the totality of life. Fancy a frenzied vegetarian insistent upon surveying the whole world from the viewpoint of his culinary dogmas: in art, he would censure all paintings but vegetal landscapes; as for the national economy, he would be strongly agrarian; in religion, he would bow to no gods but the archaic harvest-deities; for clothing, he would tolerate only hemp, flax, or matweed; and as a philosopher, he might insist on the teaching of a transcendent botany. Yet no less absurd is the man who, like many today, stands before us proclaiming,“Above all else, I am a democrat!"

Jose Ortega y Gasset

Level 1

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1007993 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
of course not, nobody would, but the insurance is committed...
unlike ObamaKKKare...
So why do you two morons expect someone else to pay for their January coverage in October.

When you sign in with the ACA, that policy is committed when payment is made just like your January coverage is when you make your payment.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1007994 Oct 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you do realize that not all Republicans are conservative, don't you?
if you don't you getting ready to find out.
depends what you mean by "conservative"...

if you mean favoring lower taxes, less government spending, and a balanced budget, the vast majority of Republicans are Conservatives....

if you mean anti-abortion, home-schooling, religious wackos....they are a minority in the Republican Party....

Level 1

Location hidden

#1007995 Oct 20, 2013
Popular Government...or we get what we want...

"If we will listen to the judgment of those who should best know the nature of popular government, we shall find no reason for good men to desire or choose it. Xenophon, that brave scholar and soldier, disallowed the Athenian commonweal for that they followed that form of government wherein the wicked are always in greatest credit, and virtuous men kept under. They expelled Aristides the Just; Themistocles died in banishment; Miltiades in prison; Phocion, the most virtuous and just man of his age, though he had been chosen forty-five times to be their general, yet he was put to death with all his friends, kindred, and servants, by the fury of the people, without sentence, accusation, or any cause at all."

-Sir Robert Filmer, Patriarcha

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1007996 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the average price of regular gas in Los Angeles County is $3.82....
the switch to winter blend ought to bring it down even more.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1007997 Oct 20, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Rep Paul...
"We could eliminate the income tax, replace it with nothing, and still fund the same level of big government we had in the late 1990&#8242;s. We don’t need to “replace” the income tax at all. I see a consumption tax as being a little better than the personal income tax, and I would vote for the Fair-Tax if it came up in the House of Representatives, but it is not my goal. We can do better."
http://freakonomics.com/2008/11/20/ron-paul-a...
And you wonder why he wasn't nominated for president.....
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1007998 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
depends what you mean by "conservative"...
if you mean favoring lower taxes, less government spending, and a balanced budget, the vast majority of Republicans are Conservatives....
if you mean anti-abortion, home-schooling, religious wackos....they are a minority in the Republican Party....
Get a life you taliban freak.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1007999 Oct 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you do realize that not all Republicans are conservative, don't you?
if you don't you getting ready to find out.
Senators like Lindsay Graham and Mitch McConnell may find out if they have a strong opponent...

Representatives like Peter King probably have Rockefeller Republican constituencies...

John McCain is finished if he tries to run again...

Pennsylvania Republicans still regret supporting Arlen Spector over Pat Toomey in 2004.....just because they thought he had a better chance to win...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008000 Oct 20, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so ia corporation is found guilty of a crime, with deliberate intent, what prison does that entity serve time in??
oh wait, the officers of said corporation do the time, like Ken Lay did for ENRON
Ken Lay never served a day in prison and his conviction was vacated...

do you really live in a dump like Elmont???

just curious...

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#1008001 Oct 20, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
How so? It is completely logical. Anyone who has been to an emergency room will tell you it is not a place where anyone with insurance would choose to be unless it is a true emergency. People with colds and fever will now be calling their doctor. If for no other reason than to avoid paying the $50 -$100 co-pay for an emergency room visit. I think it is illogical to believe they would do otherwise.
people with colds and most fevers should not be calling a medical provider at all. What a bunch of pusses we've become.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1008002 Oct 20, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Guess he thinks the money will come from the Tax fairy's cousin!
The coin always comes down tails for old flack. Kinda sad.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008003 Oct 20, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Teacher...
What do you think of this?
"More schools opening Advanced Placement courses to all students"
"Some students may not be adequately prepared for the rigorous classes and high achievers may be shut out. But supporters see equal access as an educational right."
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/oct/09/local...
good move to teach minority students failure at an early age...

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#1008004 Oct 20, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have nothing against Bush as a person. He's a nice guy and a great father. A lousy president and not very bright but pleasant none the less. Reminds me a little bit of Gomer Pyle.
I feel the same about Obama. I would love to meet the guy but would intentionally avoid talking politics.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#1008005 Oct 20, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Teacher...
What do you think of this?
"More schools opening Advanced Placement courses to all students"
"Some students may not be adequately prepared for the rigorous classes and high achievers may be shut out. But supporters see equal access as an educational right."
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/oct/09/local...
because we live in a society where we don't like to hurt feeling, AP programs will need to be dumbed down

Level 1

Chambersburg, PA

#1008006 Oct 20, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
lets try this again...how many years in the future can we expect deficit reduction?
CBO said ten years & expected that to continue beyond that point.

No one ever said the ACA would insure everyone. The CBO estimated a similar number when they looked over the ACA before it was passed. The idea you & Flack ac like this is something new just verifies you two dipsticks are uninformed jackasses.

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1008007 Oct 20, 2013
Did anyone see Jeb Bush making the rounds on Sunday talk shows. He's definitely thinking of making a bid for the White House.

I have to say he's making the best of the Cruz fiasco to paint himself as a voice of reason.

“I think the best way to repeal Obamacare is to have an alternative; we never hear the alternative...So have a little bit of self-restraint. It might actually be a politically — a better approach to see the massive dysfunction."

Speaking of Cruz's fight:“It was a mistake to focus on something that couldn’t be achieved. And that’s what that was. It was tactics.”

On the GOP's claim the the debt ceiling may not need to be raised:“Well, you have to pay your obligations. I do a lot of traveling overseas. And when we have these spikes of political conversations that are not grounded in reality, the rest of the world looks at us as untrustworthy.”

“That has implications, not just for us, a slowdown of economic activity, it has implications in the world because people have to count on the United States. And if we’re behaving this way, it makes it harder to do so,” he said.

“I’m not blaming Republicans. I think we have a systemic problem in Washington right now and the void of leadership is making it harder to get to a better place,” Bush said.

“The better place would be that with civility, have a dialogue about the bigger, more pressing issues and try to find common ground rather than use each instance of…a possible crisis to win a political point.”

Yep. Definitely entertaining the idea of running for president.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/10/...

Level 1

Location hidden

#1008008 Oct 20, 2013
On our privacy and a lil ole Social Security Number...

"The late Murray Kempton used to tell me he remembered that Alf Landon, campaigning against FDR and specifically Social Security back in 1936, used to shout to the crowds words to the effect of “Mark my words, those Social Security numbers will follow you from cradle to grave.” Landon was right. Today you might as well have the SS number tattooed on your forehead, along with all other significant “private” data, preferably in some bright hue so the monitoring cameras along highways and intersections can get a clean hit."

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...

Level 1

Chambersburg, PA

#1008009 Oct 20, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
My mistake, meant to type FIT.
What increase to the FIT is everyone paying?

Level 1

Chambersburg, PA

#1008010 Oct 20, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Google it like you do everything else you are an authority on, bimbo.
I ask because your mental twin claimed everyone was paying higher FICA & I know that to be a lie.

Level 1

Location hidden

#1008011 Oct 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And you wonder why he wasn't nominated for president.....
neither were you...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 32 min zazz 96,692
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 49 min Top of the day 2 ya 490,362
Florida clerks won't give gays marriage licenses 4 hr Sick of Bigots an... 10
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 8 hr flo 70,620
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr OzRitz 49,304
Review: ABC Used Auto Parts $$ cash for junk ca... 13 hr Obviously Obvious 2
Do you need any attorney for personal injury? (Jul '13) Tue Laura Struthers 11
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando