Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1746459 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008041 Oct 20, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! Do you even know what you are arguing? Galt clearly said the price was for L.A. County, that 5 day old article backed him up.
gasoline prices in Riverside County are very similar...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008043 Oct 20, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
That is too funny. Hell, if they want a plan that limits their choice of doctors, why not just call around until you find a doctor that charges $45 for cash patients (with or without insurance) and save the premium.
exactly...and cash talks...

now, they will argue that if one is super poor, there is further taxpayer assistance with copays and deductibles...but those folks are probably eligible for Medicaid where they would pay nothing...

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1008044 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ken Lay never served a day in prison and his conviction was vacated...
do you really live in a dump like Elmont???
just curious...
He never served a day in priso because he died first. Which is exactly why his conviction was vacated. It was vacated on merit

Former Enron Chairman Ken Lay's criminal conviction was vacated and his indictment dismissed by a judge today.

U.S. District Judge Sim Lake granted the request by Lay's estate to vacate the conviction, an outcome that was widely anticipated given legal precedent. He also dismissed the indictment used to bring him to trial earlier this year.

Lay died July 5, just weeks after a jury found him guilty on six charges of conspiracy and fraud and Lake found him guilty on four charges of bank fraud.

In his decision, Lake cited a decision in the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals that makes death, before the appeals process has been exhausted, grounds for throwing out a conviction and dismissing an indictment.

The Department of Justice tried to trump that precedent, however, when it asked Congress in early September to pass a law that would essentially prevent courts from vacating criminal convictions if a defendant dies before going through the entire appeals process.

are you really as stupid as you seem, using half truths to make your ignorant asinine posts

I'm telling you dude, you should use Jimmy Taggert not John Galt. But then, I'm assuming you actually know Who is John Galt and personally I don't think you're that literate.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008045 Oct 20, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you think people who are rich should pay less of a percentage of their income so they can get richer. Got it. Sounds pretty much like the Republican agenda to me. Gets us back to that Fall of Rome scenario.
Give us one rational reason why they should pay a higher percentage?

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1008046 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
California residents pay through the nose because of all the special fuel blends and the inability to build new refineries.
"Inability to build new refineries". Bull. The oil companies don't want to build refineries. In fact, they have been closing them down.

"From 1985 to 1995, 10 California refineries closed, resulting in a 20 percent reduction in refining capacity." Do you remember who the presidents were during that time? We have 20 refineries (9 less than Texas) I would say that is enough.

Nov 7, 2012(Reuters)- Alon USA Energy Inc plans to shut down its California refineries for a year due to high costs of imported oil, further cutting the state's already depleted capacity to make fuel.

Chief Executive Paul Eisman said on Wednesday Alon intends to restart the 94,000 barrel per day system, which comprises three plants in Bakersfield, Paramount and Long Beach, in the fourth quarter of 2013 at the earliest."

Now, there is your problem. No regulation of oil companies.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/07/alo...

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1008047 Oct 20, 2013
Man...er...woman...

SUES for free mammogram....

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/10/15/man-who-is...

See what you dumass liberals have started...

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1008048 Oct 20, 2013
killtaker wrote:
"Get those Crackers"
"Brooklyn group of black youths blocks white couple's car, bloody victims in racial attack: cops"
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/...
I would not be surprised if this 'attack' is suddenly reclassified as a isolated incident...
seriously Dude, considering the history of the U.S. I don't think you want to go down that path. When talking about racially motivated attacks, I'm pretty sure the number of whites attacking blacks dwarfs the number of blacks attacking whites.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008049 Oct 20, 2013
killtaker wrote:
"Get those Crackers"
"Brooklyn group of black youths blocks white couple's car, bloody victims in racial attack: cops"
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/...
I would not be surprised if this 'attack' is suddenly reclassified as a isolated incident...
yet another good reason for the Second Amendment and elimination of victim-enhancement zones like NYC...one should have the right to defend oneself against a subhuman mob...

which donut shop were the cops in while this happened?

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1008050 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the difference between an ally and an enemy...
Israel being the enemy of course.

Just ask the crew of the USS Liberty
or how about those secrets to our nuclear sub force Israel got from Pollard and sold to the Russians. The damage they did do our nuclear deterent force was the worse in our history.

or we could ask the Marines of the 22nd MAU, well except for 241. Israel knew the attack was coming and how it was going to happen. They even had the license plate number of the truck used.

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Location hidden

#1008051 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the difference between an ally and an enemy...
Pakistan is not OUR enemy.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008052 Oct 20, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
He never served a day in priso because he died first. Which is exactly why his conviction was vacated. It was vacated on merit
Former Enron Chairman Ken Lay's criminal conviction was vacated and his indictment dismissed by a judge today.
U.S. District Judge Sim Lake granted the request by Lay's estate to vacate the conviction, an outcome that was widely anticipated given legal precedent. He also dismissed the indictment used to bring him to trial earlier this year.
Lay died July 5, just weeks after a jury found him guilty on six charges of conspiracy and fraud and Lake found him guilty on four charges of bank fraud.
In his decision, Lake cited a decision in the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals that makes death, before the appeals process has been exhausted, grounds for throwing out a conviction and dismissing an indictment.
The Department of Justice tried to trump that precedent, however, when it asked Congress in early September to pass a law that would essentially prevent courts from vacating criminal convictions if a defendant dies before going through the entire appeals process.
are you really as stupid as you seem, using half truths to make your ignorant asinine posts
I'm telling you dude, you should use Jimmy Taggert not John Galt. But then, I'm assuming you actually know Who is John Galt and personally I don't think you're that literate.
Galt knew all that and was merely correcting your obvious error.

No clue who "Jimmy Taggert" is...

now, do you really live in a dump like Elmont???

just curious...

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Location hidden

#1008053 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us one rational reason why they should pay a higher percentage?
I didn't say they should pay a higher percentage. I said they should not pay less of a percentage than everyone else.

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1008054 Oct 20, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Man...er...woman...
SUES for free mammogram....
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/10/15/man-who-is...
See what you dumass liberals have started...
NEWSFLASH Mr. Scientifically challenged one

MEN CAN GET BREAST CANCER.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/breastcancerinme...

Normal breast structure
To understand breast cancer, it helps to have some basic knowledge about the normal structure of the breasts.

The breast is made up mainly of lobules (glands that can produce milk if the right hormones are present), ducts (tiny tubes that carry the milk from the lobules to the nipple), and stroma (fatty tissue and connective tissue surrounding the ducts and lobules, blood vessels, and lymphatic vessels).

Until puberty (usually around 13 or 14), young boys and girls have a small amount of breast tissue consisting of a few ducts located under the nipple and areola (area around the nipple). At puberty, a girl's ovaries make female hormones, causing breast ducts to grow, lobules to form at the ends of ducts, and the amount of stroma to increase. Men and boys normally have low levels of female hormones, and breast tissue doesn’t grow much. Men's breast tissue has ducts, but only a few if any lobules.

Like all cells of the body, a man's breast duct cells can undergo cancerous changes. But breast cancer is less common in men because their breast duct cells are less developed than those of women and because they normally have lower levels of female hormones that affect the growth of breast cells.

http://www.medicinenet.com/male_breast_cancer...

Level 1

Location hidden

#1008055 Oct 20, 2013
We had to have this....

obamacare website
Consumer Reports...

"...follow our previous advice: Stay away from Healthcare.gov for at least another month if you can. Hopefully that will be long enough for its software vendors to clean up the mess they’ve made."

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2013/...

Level 1

Location hidden

#1008056 Oct 20, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
NEWSFLASH Mr. Scientifically challenged one
MEN CAN GET BREAST CANCER.
http://www.cancer.org/cancer/breastcancerinme...
Normal breast structure
To understand breast cancer, it helps to have some basic knowledge about the normal structure of the breasts.
The breast is made up mainly of lobules (glands that can produce milk if the right hormones are present), ducts (tiny tubes that carry the milk from the lobules to the nipple), and stroma (fatty tissue and connective tissue surrounding the ducts and lobules, blood vessels, and lymphatic vessels).
Until puberty (usually around 13 or 14), young boys and girls have a small amount of breast tissue consisting of a few ducts located under the nipple and areola (area around the nipple). At puberty, a girl's ovaries make female hormones, causing breast ducts to grow, lobules to form at the ends of ducts, and the amount of stroma to increase. Men and boys normally have low levels of female hormones, and breast tissue doesn’t grow much. Men's breast tissue has ducts, but only a few if any lobules.
Like all cells of the body, a man's breast duct cells can undergo cancerous changes. But breast cancer is less common in men because their breast duct cells are less developed than those of women and because they normally have lower levels of female hormones that affect the growth of breast cells.
http://www.medicinenet.com/male_breast_cancer...
then why don't you pay this person's treatment?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008057 Oct 20, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Inability to build new refineries". Bull. The oil companies don't want to build refineries. In fact, they have been closing them down.
"From 1985 to 1995, 10 California refineries closed, resulting in a 20 percent reduction in refining capacity." Do you remember who the presidents were during that time? We have 20 refineries (9 less than Texas) I would say that is enough.
Nov 7, 2012(Reuters)- Alon USA Energy Inc plans to shut down its California refineries for a year due to high costs of imported oil, further cutting the state's already depleted capacity to make fuel.
Chief Executive Paul Eisman said on Wednesday Alon intends to restart the 94,000 barrel per day system, which comprises three plants in Bakersfield, Paramount and Long Beach, in the fourth quarter of 2013 at the earliest."
Now, there is your problem. No regulation of oil companies.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/07/alo...
Refineries may close because they have reached the end of their useful life, cannot meet fuel blend requirements, or any number of other reasons.

Alon's refineries were apparently unable to produce gasoline ata competitive market price, probably because a small company has no production of its own and needs to buy crude on the world market.

So, how would you feel about building a new refinery in Santa Barbara and/or drilling in the Santa Barbara Channel to provide less costly gasoline to all Californians? Are you willing to sacrifice for the common good?

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1008058 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt knew all that and was merely correcting your obvious error.
No clue who "Jimmy Taggert" is...
now, do you really live in a dump like Elmont???
just curious...
So why did you omit that information and make it sound like Lay's conviction was overturned on merit?

He was convicted and sentenced and probably would have served time just like Skilling.

typo on my part, it should have been Jimmy Taggart, but I doubt you know that name either.

Elmont is a lot different now than it was when I grew up there. and no I don't live there now as it is a dump
tell me are you really as stupid as your posts indicate?

Level 1

Location hidden

#1008059 Oct 20, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
seriously Dude, considering the history of the U.S. I don't think you want to go down that path. When talking about racially motivated attacks, I'm pretty sure the number of whites attacking blacks dwarfs the number of blacks attacking whites.
Curious...
Why stop at just the US History?
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1008060 Oct 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> What increase to the FIT is everyone paying?
I did not say everyone's income tax rates were raised.

My point is Obama used the "you didn't build that" to justify breaking his pledge that we wouldn't see a raise taxes on the "middle class." He said there would be no raises in our "income tax, payroll tax, capital gains taxes, NOT ANY OF YOUR TAXES."

Maybe you missed his "we did raise taxes on some things," remarks at the "Clinton Global Initiative" last month?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1008061 Oct 20, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! Do you even know what you are arguing? Galt clearly said the price was for L.A. County, that 5 day old article backed him up.
Yeah right fkface__too bad gasbuddy and other today pricing sites didn't.

Let's review shall we? Galt quotes a price for LA County, where he doesn't even live, from a last week CBS piece and then your stupid azz attests to his bullsht.

He lies and you swear to it?

Is that about right software douche???

I paid $3.15.9 in Seminole County Florida last week.

Today's average price for ULR in Houston TX is $3.03__let google be your friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 37 min T-REX 517,095
last post wins! (Jul '11) 2 hr Hatti_Hollerand 6,085
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 7 hr Maverick 808 74,089
Looking for bisexual and bi-curious women in Or... (Nov '15) 11 hr Karma 2
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 12 hr zazz 98,713
One Word (Jul '10) 14 hr Princess Hey 2,619
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 14 hr Princess Hey 13,204

Orlando Jobs

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages