Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396584 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

OBAMA DEM JOBS

Louisburg, NC

#1002540 Oct 13, 2013
OBAMA DEM JOBS THAT PAY VERY WELL!
FREE THANKS TO THE MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE!

MY EBT (NOW ON iTUNES)- By @MrEBT & @CaptnHook_Maine

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1002541 Oct 13, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids these days...if it isn't blinking at them on line...
.o0...Pencil..paper..calculato rs...what dem be?
No wonder they can't even count back change from a dollar MANUALLY anymore.
(which is a bit of a scary thought!!)
after a few weeks at Burger King they usually start to get it, and if they don't they get to be middle management.

'Hey Mom, I can't count so they made me the boss!'

scary indeed.

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1002543 Oct 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text> lol! Wrong side son. It was the cons who proclaimed they wouldn't work with Obama.
When there's an inexperienced and overzealous radical liberal sitting in the Oval Office who desires nothing more than to fundamentally transform this nation into his image and he has a majority in both houses, it's understandable why republicans would refuse to allow them to cause more damage.

The Republicans gave Obama and the Democrats their coveted tax increases and got nothing in return as promised - their usual pattern of making empty promises and then blaming Republicans.

Why should Congress get special exemptions from Obamacare and no one else?

Why should corporations be granted a one year delay and not the rest of us?

Why would Obama and Reid dig in their heels rather than make these reasonable changes to Obamacare to end the shutdown?

Democrats have nothing to be proud of. So why constantly defend them?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1002544 Oct 13, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Err,uhh and which party after eight years handed Obama this mess that he is still trying to straighten out with absolutely no help from the pugnacious idiots on the right? By the way most of your leaders in Kentucky are hardliners from the right...Why are you so bad off. They are a laughing stock, kinda like yourself...Maybe that's my answer?
So..you agree...the idiot kids on the hill DC need to concern themselves more with-

CAPPING-CURBING-B-U-D-G-E-T-I- N-G, Balancing and living within the means of this nation-rather than robbinghoodieTICing everywhere for that which ALREADY UNsustainable, rather than WASTEFULLY SPENDING what isn't even there to spend?

About time you got an inkling of a clue-doofus...I say an inkling because it's no ones fault but o'potus's and his merry stage band of pandora's box promoting nutty demos, for NOT including ALL aspects of representation to START with.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO simple...DELAY the REST of the in need of much work still pandora's box of nothing but red tape beaurocracy-and QUIT STICKING the thorns of purely partisan ignorance into the sides of America!
Duhmmy.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1002545 Oct 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
overwhelming theme of the day....
How awful are Ted Cruz and his Cruzettes?
They have done the impossible. They have made Americans look back at the Bush II era, the most reckless wrecking ball in American history, with relative nostalgia.
With 78 percent of Americans feeling blue about the country being on the wrong track, according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, many consider the G.O.P.’s imperialistic unilaterists less loco than the narcissistic anarchists. As grandiose delusions go, global domination makes more sense than self-annihilation.
“If I was in the Senate now, I’d kill myself,” Chris Christie said on Friday.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/13/opinion/sun...
Pretend you're a Democrat running for reelection. Now defend this president's policies, your vote to support his policies and his ongoing stonewalling tactics.

Go.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1002546 Oct 13, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Err,uhh and which party after eight years handed Obama this mess that he is still trying to straighten out with absolutely no help from the pugnacious idiots on the right? By the way most of your leaders in Kentucky are hardliners from the right...Why are you so bad off. They are a laughing stock, kinda like yourself...Maybe that's my answer?
err, uhh, looks like you cult god obama has made plenty of debacles on his own, little brown shirt boy.

Today, venerans are cutting and removing gates to the veterans memorials in DC. Obama' Reid & Pelosi are the radicals you idiot.

Ask Putin and other world leaders who the laughing stock is, nutjob. Obama, you moron.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1002547 Oct 13, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
How about since we are a democracy even though the Republicans don't believe so, we start at the very bottom which would get rid of all the moron baggers first and work through our real problem and that would be the 5% approval of the Congress. Your pretentious attempt at gaining credibility by calling yourself an independent has got to be the worst disguise ever. But I do understand the need, and embarrassment.
and don't EVEN try and CONvince me otherwise-I know of the hot air arrogance of long windedness all too well lol.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1002548 Oct 13, 2013
Obama's ego and tunnel vision coupled with his far left liberal ideology is why we're here. He has no interest in uniting and bringing together. His desire is to rule by dividing and conquering.

This has been evident throughout his entire presidency.

Liberals just want to think they're on the winning side. Because it's all about winning. Even if winning by conniving and playing dirty is nothing to be proud of.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1002549 Oct 13, 2013
The radical Harry Reid party of no rejected moderate Susan Collins solution.

DC is dysfunctional because of DemokkkRATS
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1002550 Oct 13, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
How about since we are a democracy even though the Republicans don't believe so, we start at the very bottom which would get rid of all the moron baggers first and work through our real problem and that would be the 5% approval of the Congress. Your pretentious attempt at gaining credibility by calling yourself an independent has got to be the worst disguise ever. But I do understand the need, and embarrassment.
Do you have a permit for that which you're posting upon?

If not, please step yourself to the nearest local beaurocraTic orfice, with proper ID, register, and pay yer TAX fee fer it.

Welcome to abundant Commietic tax and fine land.

NO patheTic fweerider EXCUSES-lamer libuhrulTic west coast surfer boi.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1002551 Oct 13, 2013
Americans who took time to register for Obamacare at Healthcare.gov have been given a tough pill to swallow: Phone support has told individuals that passwords are being reset to fix many of the login problems and “glitches” that President Obama has acknowledged.

Democrats created a monster. Democrats are fools.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Fayetteville, NC

#1002552 Oct 13, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
And you heerow obammer thinks he american communist act is a feat comparable to walking on water.
About par- for a megalomaniacal MARXIST, third world gulag promo'ing dolt./
Worst admin in history.
----------
People in Ohio, Michigan and 15 other states found themselves temporarily unable to use their food stamp debit-style cards Saturday after a routine test of backup systems by vendor Xerox Corp. resulted in a system failure.
I live in America.

You live in gibberish.

Christian billionaires with names like families for prosperity.......conservative Republicans tea party idiots:

"Let's cut food stamps! Deny poor kids food"

And give us filthy rich a tax cut.

So: kill a kid and get money?

Ohhhhhhhhhh Jesus will have fun with them!

Burning in hell for eternity.

HYPOCRITES! <----- Hey! That's you!

America America

OBAMACARE

OBAMACARE

It kicked your azzzzzz so hard!

The people just love their new Blue Cross co-pay cards.

Insurance on ACA exchanges: Blue Cross!

Wow! Great outfit!

OK boehners byytches, you lost.....you lose again soon.

America America .......Blue Cross cards you can get!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1002553 Oct 13, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretend you're a Democrat running for reelection. Now defend this president's policies, your vote to support his policies and his ongoing stonewalling tactics.
Go.
seems Mr. Obama has finally grown a set and i love it.

and now you will go on about how he's never given the republicans anything they want. and then i will prove you're a liar.

you really need to pull your head out of the bubble. even Jennifer right-wing-nutjob Rubin has seen the light.

20 signs you’ve drunk the Kool-Aid

There has been, to put it mildly, some mass self-delusion going on in right-wing circles. Here’s how to tell if you are suffering from the ill-effects of the echo chamber:

1. You think Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) has it nailed when he tells the Value Voters Summit that the Dems are “feeling the heat” in the shutdown fight.

2. You think the problem is Ken Cuccinelli isn’t conservative enough.

3. You think if only the shutdown went on longer the GOP would win this fight.

4. You think poll numbers showing the plummeting favorability of Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) and Cruz’s 2-to-1 negatives are “skewed.”

5. You think that if the GOP doesn’t win the shutdown fight it will be because of the mainstream media.

6. You think Americans want to shut down the government to get rid of Obamacare.

7. You think the problem is that Cruz didn’t talk long enough or that the media didn’t cover his 21-hour speech fairly.

8. You think the right-wingers who lost Senate races in 2010 and 2012 should run for the Senate in 2014 because the GOP “let them down.”

9. You think it is better to have 30 “true conservatives” than 51 Republicans in the U.S. Senate.

10. You think Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) had it wrong when he backed immigration reform and right when he went to bat for the shutdown strategy.

11. You think the biggest threat to the GOP is politicians like Gov. Chris Christie and Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.). You think it’s about time someone primaried Sens. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) or John Cornyn (R-Tex.) from the right.

12. You think the GOP should have stood pat on the shutdown.

13. You think Hispanics will never vote for Republicans so there is no use in pursuing immigration reform. You think it is fine for the GOP to win elections relying almost entirely on white voters.

14. You think Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) is a sell out because he thinks repealing Obamacare can only happen by electing a GOP Senate majority and capturing the White House.

15. You think Sens. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) and Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) have betrayed the conservative movement.

16. You think the GOP needs candidates like Ted Cruz to run in for Senate places like Michigan, Virginia and Colorado.

17. You think the GOP would have done better with Newt Gingrich, Herman Cain, Rick Santorum or Ron Paul as its 2012 presidential nominee. You think Santorum blew it when he stopped talking about contraception.

18. You think Republicans should run hard at the national level on a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage.

19. You think President Ronald Reagan would decry compromise and support primarying the Senate minority leader.

20. You think right-wing talk radio hosts are a good barometer of American public opinion.

If you answered “yes” to more than half of these, it’s time to rethink your political assumptions.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-tur...

pretty sure you'd answer yes to more than half. but hey, stick with it if you want because it seems the GOP way to win is by losing.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1002554 Oct 13, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Americans who took time to register for Obamacare at Healthcare.gov have been given a tough pill to swallow: Phone support has told individuals that passwords are being reset to fix many of the login problems and “glitches” that President Obama has acknowledged.
Democrats created a monster. Democrats are fools.
privatization never works.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1002555 Oct 13, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
err, uhh, looks like you cult god obama has made plenty of debacles on his own, little brown shirt boy.
Today, venerans are cutting and removing gates to the veterans memorials in DC. Obama' Reid & Pelosi are the radicals you idiot.
Ask Putin and other world leaders who the laughing stock is, nutjob. Obama, you moron.
Sure lowlife lockstepper, polls are such a waste of time in bagger world. None of the veterans that I know feel that way...And i'm betting I know a hundred times more than your miserable azz does. You and your fellow baggers are whining and crying the blues once again...I love it and so do most real Americans.Stepped in it again huh nutcase?

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1002556 Oct 13, 2013
The Obama administration blames the glitches in signing up for the exchanges the first week on unexpectedly high traffic.

They had three years to estimate the volume of web traffic and prepare for overflows.

A bigger problem is the lack of people enrolling.

Kentucky, widely hailed as leading the country in Obamacare enrollment, had 8,309 people sign up - just 1.3 percent of the estimated 650,000 Kentuckians without insurance.

Fewer than 500 people had enrolled in Connecticut and just 366 in Rhode Island.

In California, one insurance-industry official estimated initial signup as being in “single digits.”

Maryland supported implementation since Day 1 but managed to sign up only 326 people.

Obamacare needs large numbers of young and healthy people to sign up in order to offset the cost of covering older and sicker people.

If young people don’t enroll, the entire insurance pool could collapse amidst what actuaries refer to as a “death spiral.”

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/201...
Follow us:@RCP_Articles on Twitter

It wasn't hard to figure out Democrat Baucus and Democrat Rockefeller were right when predicting Obamacare was a "train wreck" that was "beyond comprehension".

Republicans can at least say in 2014 we tried to stop it and warn you. What can Democrats say?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1002557 Oct 13, 2013
When a poll came out this week showing that the government shutdown was putting Republican Mike Coffman in danger of losing his Colorado congressional seat, the lawmaker responded with the serenity of martyrs through the ages.

“Whatever the consequences of doing what’s right,” he told a Denver TV station,“I’m willing to take those consequences.”

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.

Skeptics warned from the start that it was a suicide mission for Republicans to shut down the federal government in a long-shot attempt to defund Obamacare. Now that such dire predictions have come to pass, the lawmakers who engineered the shutdown are getting the conflagration — and the martyrdom — they sought.

Call it the Cruzifiction of the GOP.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-m...

winning by losing. losing your Congressional seat that is.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1002558 Oct 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
seems Mr. Obama has finally grown a set and i love it.
and now you will go on about how he's never given the republicans anything they want. and then i will prove you're a liar.
you really need to pull your head out of the bubble. even Jennifer right-wing-nutjob Rubin has seen the light.
20 signs you’ve drunk the Kool-Aid
There has been, to put it mildly, some mass self-delusion going on in right-wing circles. Here’s how to tell if you are suffering from the ill-effects of the echo chamber:
1. You think Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) has it nailed when he tells the Value Voters Summit that the Dems are “feeling the heat” in the shutdown fight.
2. You think the problem is Ken Cuccinelli isn’t conservative enough.
3. You think if only the shutdown went on longer the GOP would win this fight.
4. You think poll numbers showing the plummeting favorability of Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) and Cruz’s 2-to-1 negatives are “skewed.”
5. You think that if the GOP doesn’t win the shutdown fight it will be because of the mainstream media.
6. You think Americans want to shut down the government to get rid of Obamacare.
7. You think the problem is that Cruz didn’t talk long enough or that the media didn’t cover his 21-hour speech fairly.
8. You think the right-wingers who lost Senate races in 2010 and 2012 should run for the Senate in 2014 because the GOP “let them down.”
9. You think it is better to have 30 “true conservatives” than 51 Republicans in the U.S. Senate.
10. You think Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) had it wrong when he backed immigration reform and right when he went to bat for the shutdown strategy.
11. You think the biggest threat to the GOP is politicians like Gov. Chris Christie and Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.). You think it’s about time someone primaried Sens. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) or John Cornyn (R-Tex.) from the right.
12. You think the GOP should have stood pat on the shutdown.
13. You think Hispanics will never vote for Republicans so there is no use in pursuing immigration reform. You think it is fine for the GOP to win elections relying almost entirely on white voters.
14. You think Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) is a sell out because he thinks repealing Obamacare can only happen by electing a GOP Senate majority and capturing the White House.
15. You think Sens. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) and Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) have betrayed the conservative movement.
16. You think the GOP needs candidates like Ted Cruz to run in for Senate places like Michigan, Virginia and Colorado.
17. You think the GOP would have done better with Newt Gingrich, Herman Cain, Rick Santorum or Ron Paul as its 2012 presidential nominee. You think Santorum blew it when he stopped talking about contraception.
18. You think Republicans should run hard at the national level on a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage.
19. You think President Ronald Reagan would decry compromise and support primarying the Senate minority leader.
20. You think right-wing talk radio hosts are a good barometer of American public opinion.
If you answered “yes” to more than half of these, it’s time to rethink your political assumptions.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-tur...
pretty sure you'd answer yes to more than half. but hey, stick with it if you want because it seems the GOP way to win is by losing.
I already know it's easy for you to continue to blame Republicans.

But I said pretend you're a Democrat running for reelection and defend THIS PRESIDENT'S policies, your vote to support these policies and his constant stonewalling tactics.

Can you do that? Or not?
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1002559 Oct 13, 2013
Emeem wrote:
Ghost you won't believe how bizarre these right wing morons have gotten.
No Surprize claims Tim McVeigh was a liberal Democrat!
DBWriter says anyone that wants a job can find one; and in the same post blames Obama for destroying jobs!
Galt listed all the crazies that he said were too stupid to lead the tea party but he can't think of anyone in the t-p with a brain to lead them!
Thanks, so in essence nothing has changed. Which proves once again that there is no cure for stupid...Righties are programmed for life.
Eman has made almost 26,000 posts and has yet to make a coherent comment!
Carol's head is spinning because she's embarrassed that her Christian version of WWJD is to tell the poor uninsured to go heal/fuk themselves.
Amazing!
So in essence nothing has changed, which is further proof that you cannot cure stupid..When righties are programmed it's for life, facts, common sense, reality are all inconveniences.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1002560 Oct 13, 2013
Waxman wrote:
The radical Harry Reid party of no rejected moderate Susan Collins solution.
DC is dysfunctional because of DemokkkRATS
show us the poll.

lol lol lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 29 min Quirky 1,022
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 30 min Princess Hey 19,039
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 51 min Foxy is queer 58
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 1 hr Quirky 426
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 60,188
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 hr The Donald_ 513,342
News Location set for pride sidewalk 8 hr Picton Sausage Co... 3

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages