Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1235964 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#994854 Oct 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
"In the case of any failure by a taxpayer to timely pay any penalty imposed by this section, such taxpayer shall not be subject to any criminal prosecution or penalty with respect to such failure."
I see the word "penalty" actually used in the text.
It is uncollectable because there is no penalty for not paying the penalty. Here is the loophole that defines this entire package as just another Democrat Marxist welfare program intended to be paid for by everyone else.
The bill refers to penalty instead of tax, but SCOTUS declared it a tax to save the bill.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#994855 Oct 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't compromise with radical yahoos and it is very apparent that teabaggers fit that category.
Remember, it was compromising with Teabaggers that lost us our AAA credit rating and caused the sequester. They've done enough damage.
25 Democrats Break With Democrat Leadership and Vote to Fund NIH---wow, Democrats compromising with the TEA Party. ROTFLMAO.

Many Democratic members had joined with Republicans in saying the bill was necessary to make sure that NIH cancer trials and clinical trials for other ailments—seeking to cure patients whose diseases had not responded to other treatments–went forward.

However, some of the Democrats who cited the necessity of funding the NIH so that the trials could go forward nonetheless voted against the bill to fund the NIH.

“The Tea Party shutdown will deny 200 patients a week—30 of them kids—treatment at the largest research hospital in the world, the National Institutes of Health,” said Rep. Brian Higgins (D.-N.Y.).“These are often last chance cancer treatments that offer the only hope for kids who are stuck with cancer.”

Not long after making these remarks, Higgins voted against funding the NIH.

(now who sounds CACACAARAAAAAAAAZY?) at the very least this Higgins who is a democrat is off his rocker.

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#994857 Oct 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this have to do with anything? Doesn't change the FACT that the IRS can, and will, assess interest on the past due tax and it will continue to accumulate year after year after year. Obviously, late payment penalties, at this time, cannot be assessed.
... idiots.

Read this and tell us what you think:

"In the case of any failure by a taxpayer to timely pay any penalty imposed by this section, such taxpayer shall not be subject to any criminal prosecution or penalty with respect to such failure."
Louis the IV

Chicago, IL

#994858 Oct 3, 2013
Anybody still supporting Obama might consider a brain transplant. Nuff said.

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Spring, TX

#994860 Oct 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You forget that Obama came into office in the midst of the worst recession in 80 years coupled with a housing collapse, a near financial meltdown, a nosediving stock market & two wars.
The recession cost this country well over a trillion dollars in lost revenues. Then the recession created the need to help the millions of American families who lost their jobs & income - unemployment, welfare, food stamps, medicaid.etc.
If your plan was to balance the budget under these conditions then you ain't too bright. The only way to do it would be to slash government spending which would just send millions more to the unemployment lines likely plunging us into a recession.
Obama had proposed numerous jobs bills but the Republicans passed none.
And really, Ray, tell me you re no so stupid to think Pelosi was talking to Congress when she made that comment. Are you Ray? Are you that stupid?
Or are you saying Republicans were too inept to know what was in a bill that as debated for nearly a year. Or are you saying they were voting no regardless so why would they need to read it.
Come on Ray. Show me something that actually says you are not as GD dumb as you appear to be.
All caused by the Democrats' Marxist CRA program that collapsed the economy after two years of oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank, from which we heard a constant stream of lies right up to the collapse.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#994861 Oct 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy to deny when Harry Reid is holding up everything that will open the government again, dumbass.
Reid and the Senate having been holding the people hostage for five years. I did not realize until the other night that he has refused to bring almost every bill from the house to the floor for a vote. WTF are the democrats in the Senate doing? No wonder all their offices are closed today and yesterday and the day before. But the Republicans are open and working. Democrats got tired of the American people calling and said forget we are done. The same reason the democrats would not have town hall meeting to face their constituents on the August break. They knew then they were in trouble.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#994862 Oct 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
obviously not, but Galt has been to Wegmans stores in New York in the past...Wegmans was an early advocate of the enlarged supermarket with expanded produce and deli sections...
Here we have Vons, Ralphs, Albertsons, and Stater Brothers, all getting their butts kicked by Walmart, Costco, Sams, Target, Sprouts, Barons, and Trader Joe....
by the way, Temecula Valley Hospital has yet to open....even though construction was completed several months ago...
http://www.temeculavalleyhospital.com/
Yeah, yeah, yeah, the past. Sounds like Publix and a bunch of other chains__you haven't shopped there since Christ wore short pants.

More bullchit from Galt.

Many stores which are close to Walmart get their azzes kicked by Walmart. Walmart has taken over Chinese exporters, the American pet products suppliers, about half the American HBA suppliers not to mention electronics.

Volume pricing__ring a familiar note???
Louis the IV

Chicago, IL

#994863 Oct 3, 2013
Emeem wrote:
RealDave posed these questions to Ray Donovan earlier today. This sent Ray's head spinning. Can any of you right wing morons help poor Ray?
What's next? Will the Republicans threaten to shut down the government unless all abortions are banned?
What would Republicans say if Democrats threatened to shut down the government until background checks are mandatory to purchase a gun?
Don't even know if a brain transplant can save you. Who's going to flip the bill for Obamacare? This is going to destroy small and medium sized business, but you libs don't care as long as Wall Street keeps rolling in the dough...right? Look up QE4ever. That was Obama's idea blockhead. Who cares about the deficit as long as Big Corporations keep making record profits?

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Spring, TX

#994864 Oct 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Profits - whats left after expenses.
I want to deduct all of my expenses & pay taxes only pay tax on my profit - what is left from my earnings after all my living expenses. I just went to town to the bank & post office & fruit stand. Lets see, 30 miles & what .35 cents a mile - Oh Wait, I drove my car that I already am depreciating & gasoline is already expensed., My bad. This is fun pretending I am a corporation.
Why do corporations get to do this & not me.
Eric Cantor said that was not fair God Dammit.
You tried to deduct your living expenses? You'd have to declare them as something else, dumbass.
And you don't know you go to prison for that.

Tell us about those corporations you ran again. This gets better all the time. Another Democrat lying fraud.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#994865 Oct 3, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>25 Democrats Break With Democrat Leadership and Vote to Fund NIH---wow, Democrats compromising with the TEA Party. ROTFLMAO.
Many Democratic members had joined with Republicans in saying the bill was necessary to make sure that NIH cancer trials and clinical trials for other ailments—seeking to cure patients whose diseases had not responded to other treatments–went forward.
However, some of the Democrats who cited the necessity of funding the NIH so that the trials could go forward nonetheless voted against the bill to fund the NIH.
“The Tea Party shutdown will deny 200 patients a week—30 of them kids—treatment at the largest research hospital in the world, the National Institutes of Health,” said Rep. Brian Higgins (D.-N.Y.).“These are often last chance cancer treatments that offer the only hope for kids who are stuck with cancer.”
Not long after making these remarks, Higgins voted against funding the NIH.
(now who sounds CACACAARAAAAAAAAZY?) at the very least this Higgins who is a democrat is off his rocker.
DemoKKKrats unwilling to campaign on ObamaKKKare in 2014...
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#994866 Oct 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
"Rep. Gerry Connolly, D-Mass., who was on the balcony talking to his colleagues, described a "burst" of gunfire from the House side of the Capitol, towards the House office buildings.
"It was like the first volley in a 21-gun salute," Rep. Matthew Cartwright, D-Penn., told MNSNBC."
This doesn't sound like the woman started shooting, like the police are reporting.
Watch the video CNN is airing. The cops acted stupidly!

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#994867 Oct 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
Eric Cantor said that Republicans are shutting down government because they believe laws should apply equally to everyone.
Then the dumb bastard said that it was not fair that Corporations got a year extension on the mandate & people did not.
So, we have conformation yet again that Republicans think corporations are people. They share equal ground.
Great. I'm writing off all my expenses on my income taxes. House expenses, taxes, insurances, utilities, education. I'll write off that trip to China to explore the lifestyle of the Chinese. I'll have wild parties with my wife &write them off as conferences. Maybe hire a hooker as R & D.
Why should Corporations be allowed & not people?
Republicans get dumber every GD day.
Eric Cantor is about the most ridiculous poor excuse of a Congressman there is. He spent 8 years under Bush voting yes yes yes to unfunded spending out the gazoo while ignoring healthcare. Obama gets elected & Cantor runs screaming like a little girl " OMG OMG Spending OMG OMG Debt OMG OMG Healthcare OMG OMG OMG"
And dumbasses like Galt & Flack soak it up like a dry sponge in a cesspool
This is how ridiculous the right has become. How GD stupid they are.
"real dumb"
Not a corporation, my wife are just people. My wife has her own business, we write off;
- Space used in our home as office space
- Insurance on the car used for the business
- Gasoline and other expenses ran up on the car she uses for her business
- The telephone bill ran up for the business
- Casual help
- Postage
The business is a sole proprietorship, not a corporation. We take those expenses. Are they legal? Our CPA uses the numbers and the IRS has not demurred.
"real dumb" do you ever think before you post?
Peace
KMA

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Spring, TX

#994868 Oct 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you do not deny they exist.
In the past, I posted link after link of Republicans talking about & defending oil subsidies.
So why would they do that if they didn't exist.
But hey, don't feel bad,. Its not your fault you cant make it on your own. Maybe one day you will man up & pay your own way.
What oil subsidies?
You still haven't been able to find any subsidy paid to oil companies.

Like I say to the television when one of those ghosts-are-real shows, show me the ghost.

Show me the subsidies to the oil companies.

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Spring, TX

#994869 Oct 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Hey ckicken little!
Talk to Michael Leahy recently now that you've been educated????
Try again.

Since almost half the entire population is too "poor" to pay income tax now, who in their right mind expects this "tax" to be collected?
The bottom line is, the half of the population paying all the taxes now will have to pay more because ObamaKare is nothing more than another Marxist wealth redistribution program.
ObamaKare is nothing more than just another of the Democrats' Marxist welfare programs, and it will have the same effect as every other Marxist welfare program they ever managed to get written into law - disastrous.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#994870 Oct 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, yeah, yeah, the past. Sounds like Publix and a bunch of other chains__you haven't shopped there since Christ wore short pants.
More bullchit from Galt.
Many stores which are close to Walmart get their azzes kicked by Walmart. Walmart has taken over Chinese exporters, the American pet products suppliers, about half the American HBA suppliers not to mention electronics.
Volume pricing__ring a familiar note???
All supermarket chains have their own brands, just as Walmart does...and both carry national brands...

you have a problem with volume pricing?

Publix must be cracker chain, never seen one...

Level 1

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#994871 Oct 3, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I wish these libs would make up their minds-Dave said that the deficit was being lowered because of the Tea Party sequester and now you have the other idiot usmsincenever says the Tea Party was responsible. The liberals can only have it one way. Go Tea Party. LOL.
Wretch, I never said that.

Revenues are going up & reducing the deficit. The sequester has had little effect.

The sequester is a perfect tea party type action. Chickensh*t to actually name programs to be cut, they cut everything. Then these f*cking morons whine "Oh Oh Oh Obama cut this" "Oh Oh Oh Obama cut that"

Both parties voted to cut spending. The Sequester was only there if they could not decide what to ct.

So the spending cuts are due to Congress. The action of using the sequester was stupid.

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Spring, TX

#994872 Oct 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no lie from the White House.
When will you quit trying to make political hay from the deaths of 4 Americans.
Have you no shame?
Obama said there was a spontaneous demonstration.
There was no spontaneous demonstration.
Obama said the spontaneous demonstration that never happened was the result of a video that didn't even exist when the attack was planned.

Obama lied for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#994873 Oct 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You tried to deduct your living expenses? You'd have to declare them as something else, dumbass.
And you don't know you go to prison for that.
Tell us about those corporations you ran again. This gets better all the time. Another Democrat lying fraud.
Try to keep up, subsidized dumbass.

I said I should be able to. Corporations can.. Eric Cantor said we all should be treated the same.

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Spring, TX

#994874 Oct 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to keep up, subsidized dumbass.
I said I should be able to. Corporations can.. Eric Cantor said we all should be treated the same.
Corporations can deduct housing provided. That isn't living expenses. Living expenses are personal expenses, not corporate expenses, dumbass.
Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#994875 Oct 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What oil subsidies?
You still haven't been able to find any subsidy paid to oil companies.
Like I say to the television when one of those ghosts-are-real shows, show me the ghost.
Show me the subsidies to the oil companies.
Watch the commie from Texas disappear. He always does when his stupidirty is exposed.

----------

"How much money does the U.S. government give oil, gas and coal companies?

In the United States, credible estimates of annual fossil fuel subsidies range from $14 billion to $52 billion annually, while even efforts to remove small portions of those subsidies have been defeated in Congress, as shown in the graphic below. Download your own pdf copy here."

http://priceofoil.org/fossil-fuel-subsidies/

""$2.4 Billion: subsidies to the Big Five producers debated and defeated in the Senate in 2011 and 2012

The Repeal Big Oil Tax Subsidies Act, sponsored by Senator Menendez (D-NJ) was debated and defeated by the Senate for two years running, and would have eliminated $2.4 billion in annual tax deductions for the five major oil companies: BP, Exxon, Chevron, Shell and ConocoPhillips.

Although the move would have been an initial step, it’s just the tip of the iceberg. So called “independent” oil companies are hardly small businesses. Major integrated oil companies also include Occidental, Amerada Hess, Marathon, Murphy Oil and dozens of others. Together, these companies produced 53.5 percent of U.S. oil in 2009.

$4 Billion: Subsidy cuts President Obama proposed in the 2013 budget.

President Obama has proposed cutting fossil fuel subsidies every year he’s been in office. The projections for savings have varied slightly each year but always hover around $4 billion annually. Congress has never even proposed voting on all of them.

$10 billion. Low end credible comprehensive estimates. Several recent independent estimates of U.S. fossil fuel subsidies all arrive at roughly this number, although they consider slightly different things. Recent studies include those conducted by Management Information Services, Environmental Law Institute, and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development – OECD.(The OECD numbers compiled and analyzed here.)

The Sanders / Ellison “End Polluter Welfare Act” also clocks in at $11.3 billion annually.

$52 billion. Highest credible comprehensive estimate. Includes some costs associated with defending pipelines and shipping lanes in the Persian Gulf. Earth Track, an NGO that specializes in subsidy valuation, estimates that annual oil, gas and coal subsidies total about $52 billion annually."

----------

You can continue with your lies, Dweeb, and I will continue to make you look like the lying commie scumbag we all know you are!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 19 min HELL ON EARTH 498,803
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr red and right 53,577
Has anyone ever had a new appliance fail multip... (Mar '12) 6 hr Cheyenne Autumn 11
The alphabet (Jun '06) 7 hr Doug77 1,361
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 9 hr Doug77 12,609
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 10 hr Red_Forman 17,880
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 11 hr Wiley_Kyote 71,920
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]